Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 11-05-2007, 14:19   #1
Starshine
SleepyMod

Starshine has a reputation beyond reputeStarshine has a reputation beyond reputeStarshine has a reputation beyond reputeStarshine has a reputation beyond reputeStarshine has a reputation beyond reputeStarshine has a reputation beyond reputeStarshine has a reputation beyond reputeStarshine has a reputation beyond reputeStarshine has a reputation beyond reputeStarshine has a reputation beyond reputeStarshine has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Starshine
Thumbs up Newbie 101: All new players please read before posting!

Welcome to Conquer! Please take a look through this guide as it will answer a lot of your questions about the game. Though this guide will not fully answer all your questions, feel welcome to ask any questions you may have in a topic that is not discussed here either in a separate thread, or in this thread. It will take roughly 10 minutes to read through the guide if you decide not to look through the links provided (which are highlighted in color for your convenience!).

Introduction:
=========

This thread will contain very useful links and general hints / tips for a new player to this game. I'll start with a link to the official website to Conquer:

Please familarize yourself with the game first starting with first the player classes.

Once you've decided on which class to play, now it's time to choose which server to play on. There are many servers to play and there are lots of reasons to choose a big server vs a small server. The link below will take you through a basic pro's and cons of server sizes

Server Size Pro's and Cons

Now that you've decide where to play, it's time to do it!
You'll spend some time in Twin City now, so it's a good idea to see what's around in the neighborhood...

Note the importance of knowing where the pharmacist, armorer, blacksmith, and warehouseman are as you will need to know in the future. Also, locate the job center as it will be vital for your class promotions! Finally, you'll want to know the guild conductress and the conductress and their functions.

Suit up! Use the blacksmith and the armorer in Twin City to equip your character with some basic weapons and armor. You'll find some different quality items from monster drops. You can look at all the weapon/armor/accessory stats here!

As you walk (or jump) around town, you can hold the "shift" button down to see all the names of the players that are around you. You may also notice that each person has a Guild Name over their names. You can learn more about guilds!

Player names can also be different colors depending on their pk mode. Be careful around those who are in PK mode! You can lose valuable experience as well as items in your inventory if you're killed by another player.

You'll spend an hour or so running around just outside of Twin City killing phesants and turtle doves. I've provided a map (from the official website) of Twin City. Use this to get around. There are many other maps to navigate to, but you'll want to concentrate primarily on this one map to get started.

If you're curious, you can always look up the vital information of the monsters you kill.

Most monsters will drop something after they are killed. My suggestion is to hold on to any item you think may be of value. Once you get more familiar with the game, you can then decide what to do with it. Some items may have requirements, others do not.. and some have special purpose in the game... all of this you'll need to determine... so put it in your warehouse if you're not sure!

WARNING: Do NOT use items while in a jump. Do NOT drop items while jumping! These two actions may cause your character to be innocently jailed for cheating. It is one of TQ's auto-detection systems for botting and scripting (cheat programs).

If you're bored or just want to take a break from kililng phesants, you can always try a quest to relieve you of your boredom.
Here is a list of all the normal event quests. From here, decide whether or not it is practical or feasible to take on these quests:

While this is a lot of information, finding friends and forming teams are a great way to enhance the game environment. Communication among players can often be daunting and if you're not familiar with "IM speak," you can look up the most common acronyms and abbreviations here in this link:

Once you have made your way through all the monsters in the Twin City map, you can then move on to new maps... new monsters.. new quests! Dont know where to go? Help is available! There's a scroll with a question mark flashing. You'll notice it's next to the blue "shopping mall" orb located on the bottom left hand corner of your screen. If you click on it, a window will pop up telling your some information on monsters, quests of your level. Just reference one of my links above to find maps, monsters, locations of the most common ones.

Starshine -- Level 124 Fire Tao (All spells fixed - Heading for 130 now!)
Psyche -- Level 130->129 Water->Warrior
xxGemZ0xx -- Level 110->130 Water->Archer
ScYlLa -- Level 110->117 Water->Water

Last edited by Starshine; 11-06-2007 at 23:51.
Starshine is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-05-2007, 14:20   #2
Starshine
SleepyMod

Starshine has a reputation beyond reputeStarshine has a reputation beyond reputeStarshine has a reputation beyond reputeStarshine has a reputation beyond reputeStarshine has a reputation beyond reputeStarshine has a reputation beyond reputeStarshine has a reputation beyond reputeStarshine has a reputation beyond reputeStarshine has a reputation beyond reputeStarshine has a reputation beyond reputeStarshine has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: Thanks to TheEternal, Kitsu, HTAPAWASO for their contributions to this guide.

Revision information:
===============

11/06/07: Linked to TheEternal's thread on server comparison
11/05/07: Embedded hyperlinks into text, and highlighted the links for ease of navigating. Added section on jumping/using items in mid air.
11/04/07: Initial revision

Last edited by Starshine; 11-06-2007 at 23:52.
Old 11-05-2007, 14:26   #3
TheEternal

TheEternal has a reputation beyond reputeTheEternal has a reputation beyond reputeTheEternal has a reputation beyond reputeTheEternal has a reputation beyond reputeTheEternal has a reputation beyond reputeTheEternal has a reputation beyond reputeTheEternal has a reputation beyond reputeTheEternal has a reputation beyond reputeTheEternal has a reputation beyond reputeTheEternal has a reputation beyond reputeTheEternal has a reputation beyond repute
Should also add:

"Any time a player approaches you, just jump away, because the majority of CO players are losers who like making you waste pots, and also enjoy stealing whatever mob it is you're fighting."

(Many bad experiences in this area... and I only just started playing. Lame.)
TheEternal is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-05-2007, 14:34   #4
Starshine
SleepyMod

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEternal View Post
Should also add:

"Any time a player approaches you, just jump away, because the majority of CO players are losers who like making you waste pots, and also enjoy stealing whatever mob it is you're fighting."

(Many bad experiences in this area... and I only just started playing. Lame.)

Hmmm.... a section for PK would be an interesting read, however, Twin City is a safe city, and you should not be getting attacked. Any player that PK's on that map can be banned if proof is provided. I would consider PK to be in an "advanced" newbie guide ... the whole point would be to get the newbie safely to level 20ish... this guide will ignore power levelling and instead focus on basic methods and strategies ... a lot of players have strayed from this... as a result, we have level 70 newbies asking what to do after they dont and cant get plevelled anymore.

Last edited by Starshine; 11-05-2007 at 14:46.
Old 11-05-2007, 14:45   #5
TheEternal

TheEternal has a reputation beyond reputeTheEternal has a reputation beyond reputeTheEternal has a reputation beyond reputeTheEternal has a reputation beyond reputeTheEternal has a reputation beyond reputeTheEternal has a reputation beyond reputeTheEternal has a reputation beyond reputeTheEternal has a reputation beyond reputeTheEternal has a reputation beyond reputeTheEternal has a reputation beyond reputeTheEternal has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starshine View Post
Hmmm.... a section for PK would be an interesting read, however, Twin City is a safe city, and you should not be getting attacked. Any player that PK's on that map can be banned if proof is provided. I would consider PK to be in an "advanced" newbie guide ... the whole point would be to get the newbie safely to level 20ish... this guide will ignore power levelling and instead focus on basic methods and strategies ... a lot of players have strayed from this... as a result, we have level 70 newbies asking what to do after they dont get plevelled.
'twas in Phoenix City... Every time I'm levelling there, I get KS'd and attacked.

What a bunch of douche bags.
Old 11-05-2007, 14:51   #6
RoidB*tch
PK'er???

RoidB*tch has a reputation beyond reputeRoidB*tch has a reputation beyond reputeRoidB*tch has a reputation beyond reputeRoidB*tch has a reputation beyond reputeRoidB*tch has a reputation beyond reputeRoidB*tch has a reputation beyond reputeRoidB*tch has a reputation beyond reputeRoidB*tch has a reputation beyond reputeRoidB*tch has a reputation beyond reputeRoidB*tch has a reputation beyond reputeRoidB*tch has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to RoidB*tch
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEternal View Post
'twas in Phoenix City... Every time I'm levelling there, I get KS'd and attacked.

What a bunch of douche bags.
Yah, I've made new chars out of boredom and amazingly got PK'd quite a bit, to include by some of my friends and guild mates that didn't know it was me on the "secret" guildless char.
BullDyke - 130/131 Archer/Archer
~CoNaN~ - 130/130/134 pure Warr
Quote:
Originally Posted by Decadence View Post
BYE YOU SEXY BEAST PAUL! <3
Quote:
Originally Posted by War! View Post
EXACTLY! I like how you think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeteorTear View Post
I do and OMG you pep hard! lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke! View Post
Because a crybaby moderator cried and it got removed.
I'm a TG ho and proud of it.
RoidB*tch is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-05-2007, 14:54   #7
TheEternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoidB*tch View Post
Yah, I've made new chars out of boredom and amazingly got PK'd quite a bit, to include by some of my friends and guild mates that didn't know it was me on the "secret" guildless char.
Hah, that sucks. Did you ever tell them it was you?

Happened to me on many other games, and they always feel like such idiots after.

... Especially considering they were always much weaker than my main character.
Old 11-05-2007, 17:08   #8
Kitsu
~P.R.O.~

Kitsu has a reputation beyond reputeKitsu has a reputation beyond reputeKitsu has a reputation beyond reputeKitsu has a reputation beyond reputeKitsu has a reputation beyond reputeKitsu has a reputation beyond reputeKitsu has a reputation beyond reputeKitsu has a reputation beyond reputeKitsu has a reputation beyond reputeKitsu has a reputation beyond reputeKitsu has a reputation beyond repute
Starshine - Add in that dropping items while moving gets you the botjail :/ Even a lot of "advanced" players fall for this one intentionally or not. It'll be tough on a new player to have teh char they worked hard for just end up in BJ cos they didn't know.

And sticky this thread!!!

<3 Friends ~ Gemini server

Quote:
There are more "Kitsu's" out there
http://bbs.co.91.com/showthread.php?t=616722 <-- When your Db disapears to a bug... what does TQ do??? ABSOLUTELY NOTHING HELPFUL cos anything that screws up... ISN'T IN OUR LOGS While we're at it we'll also accuse you of trying to scam customer retention FTW
Kitsu is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-05-2007, 18:38   #9
0 cooL

0 cooL has a reputation beyond repute0 cooL has a reputation beyond repute0 cooL has a reputation beyond repute0 cooL has a reputation beyond repute0 cooL has a reputation beyond repute0 cooL has a reputation beyond repute0 cooL has a reputation beyond repute0 cooL has a reputation beyond repute0 cooL has a reputation beyond repute0 cooL has a reputation beyond repute0 cooL has a reputation beyond repute
I agree STICKY!

Ma Buddehs -
Me and Myself D=

[Whisper]bugg speaks to 0 cooL: omg desert just killed me again =.='
[Whisper]0 cooL speaks to bugg:Lol you lost to a girl ;]
[Whisper]bugg speaks to 0 cooL:So?!
[Whisper]0 cooL speaks to bugg:So that makes you a vergina =x

GuitarHero3 is OuT
Hello carpletunnel D=

I'mma Ninja Pirate Im Sneaky and Go Arggg!

Ma Jailbait >;D (LiLAnGeL)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valkyrie View Post
"oreos are made from happy cows*
0 cooL is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-05-2007, 20:52   #10
TheEternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsu View Post
Starshine - Add in that dropping items while moving gets you the botjail :/ Even a lot of "advanced" players fall for this one intentionally or not. It'll be tough on a new player to have teh char they worked hard for just end up in BJ cos they didn't know.

And sticky this thread!!!
Does doing other things while jumping get you thrown in BotJail?

I jump/sit around for fun sometimes, because it looks funny.
Old 11-05-2007, 21:09   #11
Holey-Monk
WithHisHun

Holey-Monk has a reputation beyond reputeHoley-Monk has a reputation beyond reputeHoley-Monk has a reputation beyond reputeHoley-Monk has a reputation beyond reputeHoley-Monk has a reputation beyond reputeHoley-Monk has a reputation beyond reputeHoley-Monk has a reputation beyond reputeHoley-Monk has a reputation beyond reputeHoley-Monk has a reputation beyond reputeHoley-Monk has a reputation beyond reputeHoley-Monk has a reputation beyond repute
Nice i think this deserves a sticky. maybe as a sticky it will catch peoples eyes better. Good job

7 1/2 year old player GONE GOOD JOB Tq xD
Holey-Monk is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-05-2007, 21:10   #12
TheEternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holey-Monk View Post
Nice i think this deserves a sticky. maybe as a sticky it will catch peoples eyes better. Good job
Sometimes something sticky catching one in the eye is a very, very bad thing.
Old 11-05-2007, 21:12   #13
Kitsu
~P.R.O.~

Kitsu has a reputation beyond reputeKitsu has a reputation beyond reputeKitsu has a reputation beyond reputeKitsu has a reputation beyond reputeKitsu has a reputation beyond reputeKitsu has a reputation beyond reputeKitsu has a reputation beyond reputeKitsu has a reputation beyond reputeKitsu has a reputation beyond reputeKitsu has a reputation beyond reputeKitsu has a reputation beyond repute
Yep, just don't throw items off, or use scrolls while in midair.

Quote:
http://bbs.co.91.com/showthread.php?t=616722 <-- When your Db disapears to a bug... what does TQ do??? ABSOLUTELY NOTHING HELPFUL cos anything that screws up... ISN'T IN OUR LOGS While we're at it we'll also accuse you of trying to scam customer retention FTW
Old 11-05-2007, 21:14   #14
TheEternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsu View Post
Yep, just don't throw items off, or use scrolls while in midair.
Yikes. I've used scrolls mid-air before... I'll not do that in future.
Old 11-05-2007, 21:20   #15
Kitsu
~P.R.O.~

Try not to, they seem to not catch players "everytime" but when you do it is a pain. Start a new char or try emailing and waiting for weeks - months for a GM to let you out? Watch out for lag as well if you're on dial up. I always wait 1-2 secs after I drop things before I move and I'm on cable.

Quote:

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: