Thanks.
shottas is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-24-2010, 02:19   #62
lovestruck

lovestruck is on a distinguished road
did this years ago and had no problems till

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingofbears View Post
Edit: It seems like the Virus problem no longer exists as AVG has rectify the problem.
In any cases, if the problem do occur again, its always good to refer back here for the solution

This is the current solution for users that has AVG Anti-Virus Free 8.0:

If your .exe file has been detected by AVG and placed into the Virus vault, i would recommend that you re-install your client

Please remember to Delete the Conquer.exe found in your Virus Vault before you proceed to re-install your client

Having reinstalled your client, before proceeding onto starting your Conquer client, please do the following steps below to prevent AVG from capturing the .exe and isolating it

To overcome this virus being detected, all you have to do is follow this couple of simple steps:

1. Click on the Overview tab located on the Left side of the AVG interface
2. Upon clicking the Overview tab, the right side will be changed accordingly
3. Either Double-click on the Resident Shield icon or right click its icon and select open
4. Now, you would have entered the Overview -> Resident Shield
5. Locate the Manage exceptions button at the bottom left of the interface
6. Clicking the button will open up Advanced AVG Settings
7. Select the button Add Path and locate your Conquer 2.0 folder and add the whole folder in, and dont forget to click the Apply button upon adding the folder

This is just a temporary measurement until AVG has found a solution to the fix as this problems only seems be conflicting with AVG.

Take note: Once AVG has fix the problem, dont forget to un-do the steps and remove the Path that you have added previously for security purposes.

I hope this would help out the AVG supporters out there. Cheers

Edit: It seems like the Virus problem no longer exists as AVG has rectify the problem.
In any cases, if the problem do occur again, its always good to refer back here for the solution
This new bot jail program came out and now this is a new problem with the anti viruses and TQ program to cure the botting problem. TQ needs to address this as a bug and do something about it, if people are paying to get their chars out that are wrongly bot jailed because of this anti virus bug. This becomes a very new TQ problem
lovestruck is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-02-2011, 06:04   #63
Habebty
Banned

Habebty is on a distinguished road
2 may 2011 and i see no solution for bitdefender antivirus detecting virus and blocking files from co folder.
GM on helpdesk no help, service@conqueronline.com same no help
i have more than 20 chars in botjail now for this issue.
i have made a screenshot and sent to tq to help solve my botjail case, and all they said:PAY BOTTER
in screenshot easy to see the date when my antivirus found trojan in check.exe, deleted virus and blocked access.
so why nobody tried to help me?
i paid for some chars to get out but they went back to botjail 2 days after
so whats the use on logging in conquer now?ill lose all chars like this and they will keep calling me botter
i sent them the proof im not using any illegal program , just antivirus blocking files from co...
so why im still in jail?
instead of taking care of the real botters in conquer...they punished me for what?for using paid antivirus to protect me?
i reinstalled everytime the client
i used kaspersky antivirus before this one, and i had problems with deleting files from co folder
they told me to change, and i did
now i have bitdefender
and i have most of my chars in botjail
nobody on helpdesk wanted to advise me now
all they said to meay to get out, u used illegal program
since when antivirus is illegal?i pay for that damn thing
and dont tell me to drop on using antivirus, because all need about the viruses that conquer gave to us before, not to mention keylogger too
so who can help me now?maybe releasing my chars from jail too
Habebty is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: