Old 03-09-2014, 10:47   #1
freddyo
THE Fred

freddyo has a reputation beyond reputefreddyo has a reputation beyond reputefreddyo has a reputation beyond reputefreddyo has a reputation beyond reputefreddyo has a reputation beyond reputefreddyo has a reputation beyond reputefreddyo has a reputation beyond reputefreddyo has a reputation beyond reputefreddyo has a reputation beyond reputefreddyo has a reputation beyond reputefreddyo has a reputation beyond repute
Angry Buff fire taos

Over the years, I feel that fire taos have become completely and utterly useless in combat. Every other class has skills that can 1-shot players and taos simply get potted off and ignored by players with SLIGHTLY higher battle power. Every. Single. Time. Warriors have spears that can one shot people and they also bear insanely high defense. Assassins have a charge skill that can easily one shot anyone. Trojans can poison zap for max damage (which really doesn't make a whole lot of sense.) Pirates have a gun that doesn't have a recharge AND does as much damage if not more than an equally geared tao. Not to mention that pirates have a TRIPLE ATTACK. It's no secret that fire taoists are by far the worst class in the game, yet TQ decides to buff TROJANS. It's infuriating when I crit 5k on someone that has maybe 7 more battle power than me, yet an assassin with 30 less battle power than me can one hit the same person. The class would make sense if it had insanely high attack power and no defense or insanely high defense and the same attack power we have. But we don't. We zap, zap, zap, and zap just to get potted off and 1 shot. Now how do we go about re-balancing a class that obviously needs it? I propose that TQ make Tornado prevent an opponent from using potions for .3 seconds if their battle power is within 25 points of yours. If that doesn't work, maybe TQ can remove or recalculate the damage reduction when taos fight a player with higher BP. I honestly don't care how this class gets re-balanced, I just think it should be.

Freddzai 130>130>132 Water>war>Archer 280 BP

Fredrick 130>130>132 pure water 330 BP
freddyo is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-09-2014, 10:57   #2
MyThirdAccount
Banned

MyThirdAccount has a reputation beyond reputeMyThirdAccount has a reputation beyond reputeMyThirdAccount has a reputation beyond reputeMyThirdAccount has a reputation beyond reputeMyThirdAccount has a reputation beyond reputeMyThirdAccount has a reputation beyond reputeMyThirdAccount has a reputation beyond reputeMyThirdAccount has a reputation beyond reputeMyThirdAccount has a reputation beyond reputeMyThirdAccount has a reputation beyond reputeMyThirdAccount has a reputation beyond repute
You're obviously a retard. What Tao in this game opts not to use STGs? And when were Taos meant to kill someone? Is landing a triple as easy as landing a tornado? Just what the ****?
MyThirdAccount is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-09-2014, 11:16   #3
freddyo
THE Fred

freddyo has a reputation beyond reputefreddyo has a reputation beyond reputefreddyo has a reputation beyond reputefreddyo has a reputation beyond reputefreddyo has a reputation beyond reputefreddyo has a reputation beyond reputefreddyo has a reputation beyond reputefreddyo has a reputation beyond reputefreddyo has a reputation beyond reputefreddyo has a reputation beyond reputefreddyo has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyThirdAccount View Post
You're obviously a retard. What Tao in this game opts not to use STGs? And when were Taos meant to kill someone? Is landing a triple as easy as landing a tornado? Just what the ****?
I'm not a retard and I use 8 STGs just like every other tao out there. If you can point out the part in my post that implies that triple attacks are as easy to land as tornado, then I would be very grateful. Even with STGs, taos are the most squishy class in the game with next to no attack power. Nice attempt to troll, though. A for effort.

Old 03-09-2014, 11:41   #4
Mucle
MathGenius

Mucle has a reputation beyond reputeMucle has a reputation beyond reputeMucle has a reputation beyond reputeMucle has a reputation beyond reputeMucle has a reputation beyond reputeMucle has a reputation beyond reputeMucle has a reputation beyond reputeMucle has a reputation beyond reputeMucle has a reputation beyond reputeMucle has a reputation beyond reputeMucle has a reputation beyond repute
Lol Fire tao's dont need a buff. They are fine as they are, Very hard to kill and if they can get hit alot, they will most likely still win a 1 v 1 by points
Mucle is online now   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-09-2014, 12:08   #5
freddyo
THE Fred

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mucle View Post
Lol Fire tao's dont need a buff. They are fine as they are, Very hard to kill and if they can get hit alot, they will most likely still win a 1 v 1 by points
While it's very true that taos are a force to be reckoned with in arena, I still feel like taos are completely useless in a combat situation outside of arena. Especially when fighting an opponent with higher battle power.

Old 03-09-2014, 12:19   #6
Ayamee
[Yar~!.]

Ayamee has a reputation beyond reputeAyamee has a reputation beyond reputeAyamee has a reputation beyond reputeAyamee has a reputation beyond reputeAyamee has a reputation beyond reputeAyamee has a reputation beyond reputeAyamee has a reputation beyond reputeAyamee has a reputation beyond reputeAyamee has a reputation beyond reputeAyamee has a reputation beyond reputeAyamee has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Ayamee Send a message via MSN to Ayamee Send a message via Yahoo to Ayamee
What about water taos?
Thunder, Fire, the end.
Least fires have more zap in their arsenal.
Line up your Chi and Jiang Hu right and you'll be a powerhouse.
No need for a buff.
Just a bit of luck.
Dreams/Eternity:
Ayamee [130/130/135 A/A/A]
----+----+----+----+----+----+----
I'm an Archer.

Guild Wars 2
Fort Aspenwood server.
AngelDiscarnate.5489/Jason Goes Mental
I spend equal time crafting, WvW-ing, and sitting around doing shat all.
The life of a level 80 Mesmer.
Ayamee is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-09-2014, 12:33   #7
freddyo
THE Fred

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayamee View Post
What about water taos?
Thunder, Fire, the end.
Least fires have more zap in their arsenal.
Line up your Chi and Jiang Hu right and you'll be a powerhouse.
No need for a buff.
Just a bit of luck.
I've got 25k magic attack, 113 % spell crit, 111% immunity, and 80% anti break. I think my chi and Jiang Hu are lined up properly and it would be nice to hit someone with only 7 BP more than me for more than 4 k. If you have any tips on changing my stats, I'm open to constructive criticism.

I don't really think that waters need a buff either as they do well as a tanking, revving machine. All I was trying to say in my rant is that it would be nice to do decent damage to players with only a little more BP then me.

Old 03-09-2014, 12:36   #8
dmize
Banned

dmize is on a distinguished road
taoists dominate the low level tournaments and have been buffed fairly more than the other classes through Jiang and chi. Max your penetration. I made it to over 500dbs worth of gear over 2 seperate accounts by ****ing up taos when I was elite 1 soc +3s pirate. full p6 taos. Cant do that anymore.
dmize is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-09-2014, 12:37   #9
dmize
Banned

Taos need break if they are near the bottom if the bulkers. break.
Old 03-09-2014, 12:50   #10
freddyo
THE Fred

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmize View Post
taoists dominate the low level tournaments and have been buffed fairly more than the other classes through Jiang and chi. Max your penetration. I made it to over 500dbs worth of gear over 2 seperate accounts by ****ing up taos when I was elite 1 soc +3s pirate. full p6 taos. Cant do that anymore.
I've got 53 percent (maximum) penetration and 20 percent break at the moment. Would you suggest giving up some penetration for break?

Old 03-09-2014, 13:38   #11
thewarrior777

thewarrior777 has a reputation beyond reputethewarrior777 has a reputation beyond reputethewarrior777 has a reputation beyond reputethewarrior777 has a reputation beyond reputethewarrior777 has a reputation beyond reputethewarrior777 has a reputation beyond reputethewarrior777 has a reputation beyond reputethewarrior777 has a reputation beyond reputethewarrior777 has a reputation beyond reputethewarrior777 has a reputation beyond reputethewarrior777 has a reputation beyond repute
While fires and waters do need a buff. tournament wise they win by a time factor, but. that's it.... they cant really win if you can kill them.

I think ur magic attack its to low for your battle power.

mine has 27 k with bad jiang and only packing 315 bp. a mere + 7 backsword.

something its wrong in your build. I say, take counter out. 80 pct its to low anyway for high end players ( over 200bt) and newbs wont kill a tort fire anyway.

and level your gear, dont just + 12 p 6 t. Lvl it to 140 so you can get all the benefit of the gear itself.

You need over 30 k m attack. as a minimum. with 53 % penetration and over 120 critical. these are the current minimum standards for a decent fire taoist.

PnumaBabe(+ 8 project in progress)
-dmg Saint Dragon
-dmg light saber and blood thirst garm
Horse + 7

Last edited by thewarrior777; 03-09-2014 at 13:40.
thewarrior777 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-09-2014, 13:44   #12
ghfdhhdf

ghfdhhdf has a reputation beyond reputeghfdhhdf has a reputation beyond reputeghfdhhdf has a reputation beyond reputeghfdhhdf has a reputation beyond reputeghfdhhdf has a reputation beyond reputeghfdhhdf has a reputation beyond reputeghfdhhdf has a reputation beyond reputeghfdhhdf has a reputation beyond reputeghfdhhdf has a reputation beyond reputeghfdhhdf has a reputation beyond reputeghfdhhdf has a reputation beyond repute
Fire tao is fine. They do their job excellently. No class can do what they do better. They can prevent enemies from getting stamina, and rack up points by themselves faster than an entire team, hitting multiple enemies for 5k+ with fire of hell. And at the same time, they've got really great defense, with xp shield, stg, etc. Fire tao isn't meant to kill people. It's a support class. If you don't like playing support, then play pirate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by freddyo View Post
I've got 53 percent (maximum) penetration and 20 percent break at the moment. Would you suggest giving up some penetration for break?
No, fire doesn't need any break at all. It's not nearly as useful for magic as it is for physical attacks.
ghfdhhdf is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-09-2014, 13:57   #13
dmize
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by freddyo View Post
NEVER. Maxed pene makes you god. If you're mostly stacked through chi and Jiang, with perm souls on most items, just reinc to low level. Lose the mstrike if you need to stay high level and break. Fires are for destroying lower bps and **** bulkers.
Old 03-09-2014, 13:59   #14
dmize
Banned

Or the counter, you wont be needing that.
Old 03-09-2014, 14:47   #15
freddyo
THE Fred

Quote:
Originally Posted by thewarrior777 View Post
While fires and waters do need a buff. tournament wise they win by a time factor, but. that's it.... they cant really win if you can kill them.

I think ur magic attack its to low for your battle power.

mine has 27 k with bad jiang and only packing 315 bp. a mere + 7 backsword.

something its wrong in your build. I say, take counter out. 80 pct its to low anyway for high end players ( over 200bt) and newbs wont kill a tort fire anyway.

and level your gear, dont just + 12 p 6 t. Lvl it to 140 so you can get all the benefit of the gear itself.

You need over 30 k m attack. as a minimum. with 53 % penetration and over 120 critical. these are the current minimum standards for a decent fire taoist.
Thank you very much for the constructive criticism. I'll give up some anti break for additional magic attack and magic strike.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: