Old 01-28-2012, 07:59   #76
Jaxx..
Banned

Jaxx.. has a reputation beyond reputeJaxx.. has a reputation beyond reputeJaxx.. has a reputation beyond reputeJaxx.. has a reputation beyond reputeJaxx.. has a reputation beyond reputeJaxx.. has a reputation beyond reputeJaxx.. has a reputation beyond reputeJaxx.. has a reputation beyond reputeJaxx.. has a reputation beyond reputeJaxx.. has a reputation beyond reputeJaxx.. has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc.ackerson View Post
my guess..2 days. 1 day if notice is given.
Why would egys go to co 1.0 ?

Only people who would return are the original players. Westerners.
Jaxx.. is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-28-2012, 19:38   #77
RicoSuave6

RicoSuave6 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by phini4eva View Post
I played during the classical CO 1.0... To be honest with you, it was boring. There were no quests, although the mobs were hard, it was veryboring if you had no-one to speak to. I personally feel the best time of Conquer, was in Conquer 2.0, ut just before the lottery ws released. The 3-4 Months before lotto had been awesome, There were quests being released, a massive playedr base, and Pvp was skill-based. Bleh.
AAAAAAAAGREED
RicoSuave6 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-29-2012, 14:33   #78
sagejavier
凸[◣_◢]凸

sagejavier has a reputation beyond reputesagejavier has a reputation beyond reputesagejavier has a reputation beyond reputesagejavier has a reputation beyond reputesagejavier has a reputation beyond reputesagejavier has a reputation beyond reputesagejavier has a reputation beyond reputesagejavier has a reputation beyond reputesagejavier has a reputation beyond reputesagejavier has a reputation beyond reputesagejavier has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to sagejavier Send a message via Yahoo to sagejavier
Quote:
Originally Posted by phini4eva View Post
I played during the classical CO 1.0... To be honest with you, it was boring. There were no quests, although the mobs were hard, it was veryboring if you had no-one to speak to. I personally feel the best time of Conquer, was in Conquer 2.0, ut just before the lottery ws released. The 3-4 Months before lotto had been awesome, There were quests being released, a massive playedr base, and Pvp was skill-based. Bleh.
nope pvp was hell better , GW where amazing, u could actually get db drops
i got super 2 soc gears just by pking red names on the fb times , water farming was good money earning , minning a fury gem normal and selling it for 10kk , people did the blue mouse quest for mets and many many things better

i fail at english so this is the best i can do
Guild:TemplarKnights

Albion Online = Moktezuma
League of Legends NA = Moktezuma

I BELIEVE WE ALL GOT TQ'ED ATLEAST ONCE
sagejavier is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-31-2012, 19:51   #79
spank

spank has a reputation beyond reputespank has a reputation beyond reputespank has a reputation beyond reputespank has a reputation beyond reputespank has a reputation beyond reputespank has a reputation beyond reputespank has a reputation beyond reputespank has a reputation beyond reputespank has a reputation beyond reputespank has a reputation beyond reputespank has a reputation beyond repute
i know alot of ppl that actually enjoyed playing the gamefor what itwas not just unloading a bank account and getting good. at the peak of me and my friends playing some had moved some had goneto school so it was a great way for us all to hang out again in a way i would love for that to happen again
spank is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-02-2012, 09:30   #80
Strilter
Kenneth

Strilter has a reputation beyond reputeStrilter has a reputation beyond reputeStrilter has a reputation beyond reputeStrilter has a reputation beyond reputeStrilter has a reputation beyond reputeStrilter has a reputation beyond reputeStrilter has a reputation beyond reputeStrilter has a reputation beyond reputeStrilter has a reputation beyond reputeStrilter has a reputation beyond reputeStrilter has a reputation beyond repute
i didnt come on board till the tail end of 03 and the start of 04 (yes for a good while I never even noticed the forums lolz)

It was fun I Love grinding games because ... well u have to grind...

Sure I h8 all the new features but as far as I've gone I could never go back to a server like that because the original 5 people I could hang out for an entire weekend with quit years ago.

133 133 135 pure archer (atm)
Guild:newbies Deputy Leader

super 2 soc sgg +6 tower
super 2 soc stg +6 fan -1 dmg
super +6 riding crop
super 1 soc sdg +5 boots -3 dmg
super 2 soc sdg +5 perm p3 ring
super 2 soc Sdg +8 perm p6 coat
super 2 soc sdg +12 archer hat perm p5
super 2 soc sdg +7 bow perm p4
super 1 soc sdg +5 necklace
Steed +6
gourd -1
Spear +8 2 soc sdg perm p3
currently 306 bp 310...my mentor came back from a 2 year hiatus lmao
Strilter is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-02-2012, 15:14   #81
IluminatI
I<3Food

IluminatI has a reputation beyond reputeIluminatI has a reputation beyond reputeIluminatI has a reputation beyond reputeIluminatI has a reputation beyond reputeIluminatI has a reputation beyond reputeIluminatI has a reputation beyond reputeIluminatI has a reputation beyond reputeIluminatI has a reputation beyond reputeIluminatI has a reputation beyond reputeIluminatI has a reputation beyond reputeIluminatI has a reputation beyond repute
i would.
it would fill up FAST. but then most people would realise its a grind and leave.

it could work out if bot-makers didnt ruin it with bots in the first few weeks. (or ever)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSeeeker View Post
ROFL , server transfer ......I really hate to burst your bubble but server transfer is akin to that scene in Titanic where its hit the iceburg and all the lifeboats are gone and the ship is going under and the people are rushing to the parts of the ship thats still out of the water.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReMind View Post
Tq will have a major update to solve the bot soon. Auto leveling is different from bot. It's a new way to play CO while you are afk.
IluminatI is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-02-2012, 17:23   #82
RETS4
BornAsPro

RETS4 has a reputation beyond reputeRETS4 has a reputation beyond reputeRETS4 has a reputation beyond reputeRETS4 has a reputation beyond reputeRETS4 has a reputation beyond reputeRETS4 has a reputation beyond reputeRETS4 has a reputation beyond reputeRETS4 has a reputation beyond reputeRETS4 has a reputation beyond reputeRETS4 has a reputation beyond reputeRETS4 has a reputation beyond repute
Im a veteran that started back in 04 and quit ages ago but IF CO 1.0 will come back then i will too.

I Quitteded
RETS4 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-02-2012, 19:20   #83
Stranglehold

Stranglehold has a reputation beyond reputeStranglehold has a reputation beyond reputeStranglehold has a reputation beyond reputeStranglehold has a reputation beyond reputeStranglehold has a reputation beyond reputeStranglehold has a reputation beyond reputeStranglehold has a reputation beyond reputeStranglehold has a reputation beyond reputeStranglehold has a reputation beyond reputeStranglehold has a reputation beyond reputeStranglehold has a reputation beyond repute
To answer the question,honestly you saw the first classic server doc most people couldn't log on in the first few hours so i figure at the start it would be the same, at least for the first few weeks when the people who are lazy leaving as normal.

What do i miss about conquer mainly All my friends that quit. All the guard whor*s who thought they were tough. going to any map regardless and see archers plving noobs. Pretty much anyone could get a team anytime of day.

The countless guild fights at A/C which were epic. The old green xp bar that changed color as it was running out instead of the stupid flames . Way back before Tq put in the profanity filter so people could't swear anymore and all those stupid trees that are in the way of things.

If you go back to 2005-2007 the player base was more larger people were getting pked everywhere and you almost always had to share a spawn when levelling.

Mindfreak: tro-war-fire 130-130-86- 290bp
Stranglehold is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-03-2012, 07:45   #84
Butter
Old Skool

Butter has a reputation beyond reputeButter has a reputation beyond reputeButter has a reputation beyond reputeButter has a reputation beyond reputeButter has a reputation beyond reputeButter has a reputation beyond reputeButter has a reputation beyond reputeButter has a reputation beyond reputeButter has a reputation beyond reputeButter has a reputation beyond reputeButter has a reputation beyond repute
id return, but then again its starting from scratch again.... 1.0 was good actually required some sort of skill to be good not like now a days
Old 02-03-2012, 22:00   #85
Izanagi

Izanagi is on a distinguished road
the awesome thing about co 1 was the balance, I guess. I stopped playing

quite a few years ago now..maybe 2 I think. but I just remember being a ****

120 non rb troj able to rape a paypalling bulk 130 full super soc troj because

potency and all this other jazz after lotto didnt exist. it was a total grindfest

tho, but I love grinding anyways. 6 months-1year to get 130...haaaaa. oh, and

making sockets in TC or market, seriously best feeling EVERRRRRRRRRRRR. but

now who cares lol its worthless. It was a different game from what it is now

Im guessing, I miss it and I wuld play for sure keke .

TreySongz 131-131-137 Trojan-Water-Ninja

Izanagi 130-136 Ninja-Warrior

Tekumi 130-130-137 Water-Trojan-Archer
Izanagi is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-04-2012, 07:08   #86
PocketsV8
Banned

PocketsV8 has a reputation beyond reputePocketsV8 has a reputation beyond reputePocketsV8 has a reputation beyond reputePocketsV8 has a reputation beyond reputePocketsV8 has a reputation beyond reputePocketsV8 has a reputation beyond reputePocketsV8 has a reputation beyond reputePocketsV8 has a reputation beyond reputePocketsV8 has a reputation beyond reputePocketsV8 has a reputation beyond reputePocketsV8 has a reputation beyond repute
Hey peoples, long time =)
Saw this topic and just had to make a post.

Anyone doubting co.1 obviously never played it,and if they said they did, there lying.
I started in 2003 on Server 1 then moved to Server 3 when it was released. (Kylin)
I have tons of experience and knowledge of this game. I played from 2003-2009 and on and off till today.
I remember names,players,events and at one point could even recognise an alt character just from there gears.
Since the launch of co.2 ive tried to find a mmo that recreates the enjoyment I had with co.1, unfortunatley I have been unable to find one although 1 game has been very close "league of legends".

So what made co.1 such a great game? This is a pretty difficult question to answer, as I strongly believe it was a contribution from multiple factors.
Firstly, the timing was perfect. 2003 was a good year to launch,taking into account, the mainline games out there at this time where games such as Runescape,DoTa,Diablo 2 etc etc. Co.1 offered players a new approach to mmo gaming. With a very authentic and artistic graphic style they kept the simplicity of mmos alive while adding touches of what was being seen in most korean grind fest mmo's at the time. all in all, i think co.1 caught what would be later the "mmo gravy train" at a very good time.

Community.... a word not connected with this game in a number of years. Co.1 had a thriving community. People from all over the world and different walks of life would share time together on this game, this lead to guilds being formed, friends being made, and celebrities appearing amongst the midst of all the newbies logging in for the first time.
You could actually talk to people, join in with leveling/hunting/plvling. Most importantly those little pix-elated characters felt like you were communicating with real human beings rather than bots programmed to insult.

Balance.. although CO.1 was by no means a "polished" game, there was a good degree of balance between the classes (LOL@WARRIOR4EVER) and the equipment. Full super +3 trojan? you'll be able to duel with even the full 1socs. Full 1soc? you could even hold your own against those racing for those legendary 2socs. Getting rampaged by a trojan? no worries, bring your fire. Fire doing your nut in jump,zap,jump,zap? no problem brolaf! log that sexy winged beast of an archer. So what was the point in aiming for the best gear possible? Why the numbers of course! you may be able to 1hit fb me for 8k, but when I hit you with a 12k ss that warm fuzzy feeling inside, yeah...priceless.

Risk...There use to be a certain degree of risk with this game, weather it be killing enemies in bird or ape with the fear of going red and losing items which took you weeks/months to obtain, or even the risk in metting items in TC under guard or going afk to find all your godly gear broken and gone. Yes this caused us the players a **** load of frustration and anger, but hell,it made the game that BIT more enjoyable.

Profit... Ah the deadly P word, a cause of so much of our beautiful worlds problems.
Just like in real life, this word can and will effect ANYTHING that money can be made from. At the time of co.1 people were happy to put the time and effort in hunting those treasured +1's. breaking every bone in ur fingers hunting mets for hours on end, or what about those mind numbing 4-10hrs shifts of plvlin! the grind was WORTH IT! who needs click and run quests when you can make your own up!? even with the attitude the way it was, TQ still made profit,lots of it im sure too! people were happy buying 5-10dbs a week or even a month to help them along the way and as a result the ingame economics stayed solid. When cash shop/lotto was introduced the whole market crashed.. recession? ahah this was a full blown monetary crisis! items only owned by very few where now being handed out at an alarming rate on the premise of luck!? Yes the market took dips before the introduction of lotto/cp mall. For one, I remember the time of the cheeky "vanilla bundles inserted into a soc=Superdrag GG bug"... bugs like this and the archer-superman bug caused a noticeable effect on the market, but nowhere near to the degree as of recent. The market always seemed to correct itself and bounce back stronger.

And finally.....time.

Yes time...it was fresh! it was new! it was current!! but now...its been nearly 10years since co.1's release and its sure been a long bumpy journey for any veteran player.
Things grew old, with a disgusting lack of updates or content, the focus around "community" began to crumble, players started to care less and less for meeting people and enjoying every aspect of this game and instead became obsessed in starting wars, distancing themselves from the casual players and aiming for titles of "T3h L33t PWNz0rz 0F CO". This signalled the start of the end of co.1 as we knew it. The cracks were beginning to show, and unfortunately Frank Chen and his money greedy cronies at TQ Digital/ NetDragon decided rather than fix or work with, they would exploit and abuse it.
Are they really to blame though? yes and no. Yes because if they had had the vision and the skills/staff needed this game could of easily been as popular if not MORE popular than current games like WoW and Perfect World.
And no because it was a sign of the times, TQ were not the first to do it, and will surely not be the last. The korean mmo scene was riddled with cash shop and mall features and it was only a matter of time before it made its way west. Look at your standard cookie cutter f2p mmo today, they all share that in common, a type of cash shop that EFFECTS ingame balance. Seems the standard blueprint for a f2p games company nowadays is introduce carbon copy games months apart with different names and milk the shiet out of the customer base before your next game is released. And if your lucky enough to find one without? Subscription fee's for everyone!!
(this is one of the main reasons i stated LoL as being the closest I have found, a f2p game with a cash shop, but that does not effect ingame balance)

So yeah thats my first wall-o-text here in like errr forever? lol..

TL;DR- Dont worry, probably not for you any ways.

Id also like to give an honourable mention to the PvP system. PvP in CO has always been one of my favourites. What is more boring that pressing 0-9 or f1-f12 in no particular order to kill someone?? almost as bad as the blow for blow tactics we all despised about runescape lol
Co.1 was my first introduction to "manual skill shots" and for that ill forever be grateful.

Looking back now as a 22 year old man, I spent far too much of my childhood on this game, But the people I met and the things I learnt will stay with me forever. Be grateful if you had the opportunity to play it in its prime, and really think about it...would you want those original experiences and memories compromised? Because we all know...if TQ WAS to re-release the original client in all its glory.. it would with no doubt be ANOTHER complete failure that they could add to there HQ's wall of shame.

- Just another veteran.

Last edited by PocketsV8; 02-04-2012 at 07:40.
PocketsV8 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-05-2012, 07:09   #87
spank

spank has a reputation beyond reputespank has a reputation beyond reputespank has a reputation beyond reputespank has a reputation beyond reputespank has a reputation beyond reputespank has a reputation beyond reputespank has a reputation beyond reputespank has a reputation beyond reputespank has a reputation beyond reputespank has a reputation beyond reputespank has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by PocketsV8 View Post
Hey peoples, long time =)
Saw this topic and just had to make a post.

Anyone doubting co.1 obviously never played it,and if they said they did, there lying.
I started in 2003 on Server 1 then moved to Server 3 when it was released. (Kylin)
I have tons of experience and knowledge of this game. I played from 2003-2009 and on and off till today.
I remember names,players,events and at one point could even recognise an alt character just from there gears.
Since the launch of co.2 ive tried to find a mmo that recreates the enjoyment I had with co.1, unfortunatley I have been unable to find one although 1 game has been very close "league of legends".

So what made co.1 such a great game? This is a pretty difficult question to answer, as I strongly believe it was a contribution from multiple factors.
Firstly, the timing was perfect. 2003 was a good year to launch,taking into account, the mainline games out there at this time where games such as Runescape,DoTa,Diablo 2 etc etc. Co.1 offered players a new approach to mmo gaming. With a very authentic and artistic graphic style they kept the simplicity of mmos alive while adding touches of what was being seen in most korean grind fest mmo's at the time. all in all, i think co.1 caught what would be later the "mmo gravy train" at a very good time.

Community.... a word not connected with this game in a number of years. Co.1 had a thriving community. People from all over the world and different walks of life would share time together on this game, this lead to guilds being formed, friends being made, and celebrities appearing amongst the midst of all the newbies logging in for the first time.
You could actually talk to people, join in with leveling/hunting/plvling. Most importantly those little pix-elated characters felt like you were communicating with real human beings rather than bots programmed to insult.

Balance.. although CO.1 was by no means a "polished" game, there was a good degree of balance between the classes (LOL@WARRIOR4EVER) and the equipment. Full super +3 trojan? you'll be able to duel with even the full 1socs. Full 1soc? you could even hold your own against those racing for those legendary 2socs. Getting rampaged by a trojan? no worries, bring your fire. Fire doing your nut in jump,zap,jump,zap? no problem brolaf! log that sexy winged beast of an archer. So what was the point in aiming for the best gear possible? Why the numbers of course! you may be able to 1hit fb me for 8k, but when I hit you with a 12k ss that warm fuzzy feeling inside, yeah...priceless.

Risk...There use to be a certain degree of risk with this game, weather it be killing enemies in bird or ape with the fear of going red and losing items which took you weeks/months to obtain, or even the risk in metting items in TC under guard or going afk to find all your godly gear broken and gone. Yes this caused us the players a **** load of frustration and anger, but hell,it made the game that BIT more enjoyable.

Profit... Ah the deadly P word, a cause of so much of our beautiful worlds problems.
Just like in real life, this word can and will effect ANYTHING that money can be made from. At the time of co.1 people were happy to put the time and effort in hunting those treasured +1's. breaking every bone in ur fingers hunting mets for hours on end, or what about those mind numbing 4-10hrs shifts of plvlin! the grind was WORTH IT! who needs click and run quests when you can make your own up!? even with the attitude the way it was, TQ still made profit,lots of it im sure too! people were happy buying 5-10dbs a week or even a month to help them along the way and as a result the ingame economics stayed solid. When cash shop/lotto was introduced the whole market crashed.. recession? ahah this was a full blown monetary crisis! items only owned by very few where now being handed out at an alarming rate on the premise of luck!? Yes the market took dips before the introduction of lotto/cp mall. For one, I remember the time of the cheeky "vanilla bundles inserted into a soc=Superdrag GG bug"... bugs like this and the archer-superman bug caused a noticeable effect on the market, but nowhere near to the degree as of recent. The market always seemed to correct itself and bounce back stronger.

And finally.....time.

Yes time...it was fresh! it was new! it was current!! but now...its been nearly 10years since co.1's release and its sure been a long bumpy journey for any veteran player.
Things grew old, with a disgusting lack of updates or content, the focus around "community" began to crumble, players started to care less and less for meeting people and enjoying every aspect of this game and instead became obsessed in starting wars, distancing themselves from the casual players and aiming for titles of "T3h L33t PWNz0rz 0F CO". This signalled the start of the end of co.1 as we knew it. The cracks were beginning to show, and unfortunately Frank Chen and his money greedy cronies at TQ Digital/ NetDragon decided rather than fix or work with, they would exploit and abuse it.
Are they really to blame though? yes and no. Yes because if they had had the vision and the skills/staff needed this game could of easily been as popular if not MORE popular than current games like WoW and Perfect World.
And no because it was a sign of the times, TQ were not the first to do it, and will surely not be the last. The korean mmo scene was riddled with cash shop and mall features and it was only a matter of time before it made its way west. Look at your standard cookie cutter f2p mmo today, they all share that in common, a type of cash shop that EFFECTS ingame balance. Seems the standard blueprint for a f2p games company nowadays is introduce carbon copy games months apart with different names and milk the shiet out of the customer base before your next game is released. And if your lucky enough to find one without? Subscription fee's for everyone!!
(this is one of the main reasons i stated LoL as being the closest I have found, a f2p game with a cash shop, but that does not effect ingame balance)

So yeah thats my first wall-o-text here in like errr forever? lol..

TL;DR- Dont worry, probably not for you any ways.

Id also like to give an honourable mention to the PvP system. PvP in CO has always been one of my favourites. What is more boring that pressing 0-9 or f1-f12 in no particular order to kill someone?? almost as bad as the blow for blow tactics we all despised about runescape lol
Co.1 was my first introduction to "manual skill shots" and for that ill forever be grateful.

Looking back now as a 22 year old man, I spent far too much of my childhood on this game, But the people I met and the things I learnt will stay with me forever. Be grateful if you had the opportunity to play it in its prime, and really think about it...would you want those original experiences and memories compromised? Because we all know...if TQ WAS to re-release the original client in all its glory.. it would with no doubt be ANOTHER complete failure that they could add to there HQ's wall of shame.

- Just another veteran.
WOW exactly! Im glad others feel this way i so much of the excitement came from the hard work to actually get the gear and items i remember when get a met drop just hearing that sound made ya jump and almost get goosebumps not to mention most of my real friends played so weather the were with me or 6 hours away it was still like we were hanging out and hands down the best PvP of any game i have ever seen
spank is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-07-2012, 08:06   #88
Butter
Old Skool

Butter has a reputation beyond reputeButter has a reputation beyond reputeButter has a reputation beyond reputeButter has a reputation beyond reputeButter has a reputation beyond reputeButter has a reputation beyond reputeButter has a reputation beyond reputeButter has a reputation beyond reputeButter has a reputation beyond reputeButter has a reputation beyond reputeButter has a reputation beyond repute
Amen!!!
Old 02-07-2012, 08:39   #89
Phenexia

Phenexia is on a distinguished road
It would fill up fast, but it will never happen officially.
Phenexia is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-07-2012, 09:16   #90
NecroMance
Banned

NecroMance has a reputation beyond reputeNecroMance has a reputation beyond reputeNecroMance has a reputation beyond reputeNecroMance has a reputation beyond reputeNecroMance has a reputation beyond reputeNecroMance has a reputation beyond reputeNecroMance has a reputation beyond reputeNecroMance has a reputation beyond reputeNecroMance has a reputation beyond reputeNecroMance has a reputation beyond reputeNecroMance has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by trunks006 View Post
being trolled
NecroMance is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: