Old 05-20-2011, 17:30   #1
yapsuper
Mentor

yapsuper has a reputation beyond reputeyapsuper has a reputation beyond reputeyapsuper has a reputation beyond reputeyapsuper has a reputation beyond reputeyapsuper has a reputation beyond reputeyapsuper has a reputation beyond reputeyapsuper has a reputation beyond reputeyapsuper has a reputation beyond reputeyapsuper has a reputation beyond reputeyapsuper has a reputation beyond reputeyapsuper has a reputation beyond repute
Botjailed - Veritis

So frankly I'm bored at work waiting for my code to compile. Thought I'd write a short (Veterans know that I never write short opening threads.... I think my favorite one was the analysis of fb... again I'm rambling) thread on currently being in botjail.

For those who haven't caught on that my main character, Veritis, has been botjailed... he's been botjailed. And for anyone whose first reaction is to post "Seriously?!?!", yes I'm serious. I'm honestly not quite sure what caused it, but I suspected that it was because I didn't upgrade my client (community forum posts seem to also confirm my suspicions). Now for the debate, thought process, and analysis that normally comes along with my posts. Warning - Veterans only beyond this point.

March 19th 7:00 AM. I wake up to a fairly crappy day (the previous night, two co-workers ended up crying at the bar, two got in fights and the cursing began, and another walked out extremely pissed off). Somewhere in my morning routine, I decide to log my character in. Now I don't normally do this these days, but two nights ago, a new apprentice of mine complained I don't log on during the day. So for the first time in probably 9 months, I log in during the morning hours. Of course my client was already open from last night, but I was d/c'ed during the SM. So I simply log in without restarting the client. All was well with the world, I closed my laptop and headed off to work. Later that evening I come home to find myself standing in botjail and the insanity pursues.

Now let's address the issue of what the ****. Thought process - WHAT THE ****?!?!?!?!?! I don't bot... do I? Wait a moment.... didn't I download a bot 4 or 5 years ago to see what it could do? No wait I never actually started the program.... **** is it still on my computer? Did I accidentally call it? Hold on... that program was erased 3 years ago when I installed Windows 7 (Yes Win 7 is the best).... so then.... WHAT THE ****?!?!?!?!?!?!?!.

Now I'm a pretty decent computer scientist. I've done some crazy (some might call stupid) things to my operating system. I call up a HiJackThis log (for those non-initiates, it's a super duper list of things that might possibly be wrong with your computer. It's on a more basic level, it's just a text file with words in it). I find nothing that remotely looks like a bot. Since I combine all this with the knowledge that I don't cheat (ho ho ho how many times as that been uttered on this forum and then people started flaming? I take my chances), I decide it's time to find out from people in CO. As a side note, you Volcano players as a group... not a very helpful bunch. When I broadcasted "Someone tell me why I'm in botjail?" Most answers were "Do you bot?" or "Oh my god really? Are you serious?". 1. Do I bot? Gee you think I'd be asking the question if I did? And if you're being sarcastic, still not helpful. 2. Is it really necessary to ask me if I'm serious? No... no I'm not serious. I felt like a laugh and decided to ruin my good reputation that I've built for 6-7 years with a dumb ass joke about being in botjail. Anyway... just saying you lot... could be a little more intelligent... maybe drink that orange juice in the morning? Or get laid... who knows... yes I'm talking to you SnakeEyes. And no virtually sexual harassing Mia does not count.

Where was I? Oh yea. Since Volcano players kind of sucked with the advice (yes I know BM, you told me to go see help desk... guess what? I already was), I moved on to helpdesk. By the way, apparently BM has a list of operators and how helpful they are. I'd suggest you post that list and save us some heartache. Moderator, sticky that post. No seriously. Do it. I got Anthea... now I could crack a few more jokes, but I think I'll just cut to the chase. 12 hours (Not joking, it took 12 hours. I said I'd cut to the chase after all) later, I find out I've been sent to bot jail on May 19th for using illegal programs. Can I get a whoot whoot for TQ with it's specific helpful advice? As a joke, I sent back an email requesting the name of the illegal program. I say "As a joke" because I'm fully aware they're going to send back something that either doesn't make sense, or much more likely, just not respond.

Let's review the data now shall we? TQ ToS states that any player who does not use a updated client can be banned. Hrm... two main issues here. Which should I address first? Let's start with the more dumber fundamentally-wise one.

TQ has basically decided that if we don't update our clients..... bad players! Our punishment? They end our addiction cold turkey. Ever been with someone who tried to quit smoking? Yea? This is nothing like that. I imagine it's like being forced into enlightenment. Sort of a "Be free, kind soul" deal. Also, if you had to google cold turkey.... or better yet... if you're about to post "What's cold turkey mean?" Allow me. Just for idiots and people who have a morbid curiosity to waste their own time Jokes aside, instead of the rational thing (ok one more joke in this paragraph.... if you don't yet know the rational course of action.... please leave. ), they do something completely over the top.

Oh I said there were two things right? The second one is slightly more logistical. They said a possible punishment for not updating was banning. Click here for my reaction Did I miss the boat when banning = botjail? I'll just leave it at that... no more needs to be said... does it? Have you noobs, who inevitably decided you could hang with the big boys and read when I told you not to, understood this second point yet? Btw BM, I hope at this point you realize that while I zing you, at least I decided that you belong with the big boys and are allowed to read. Jump for joy. Now stop. Jump again. Ok stop.

Ok boys, girls, women... I'm positive there are no men in my audience... what have we all learned today? Veritis gets really bored when his code is compiling at 8:27 pm on a Friday. Oh and if someone could give me a GM's email address... yea that'd be pretty sweet too. I know I know... it's on the freaking website. Well shut up and nut up. I spent.... way too long.... writing this entertaining post for you all.... someone go find me that ****ing email.

Also, for those of you who were offended.... probably the noobs who should have been reading anyway.... then clearly you don't know me and my fun loving ways. I mean no disrespect towards anyone (except BM... I mean... come on... right?) . Seriously, I hope you found this post funny and entertaining.

--
Veritis,
Bringer of Joy.

P.S. Trying to bring some laughter and fun spirits back into this forum is a tough job, but oh how I love to slave for you all.

Also have been known as Fenchurch, Yapsuper, and Bluey (the last rightful owner of her before she was hacked).

Play with honor or not at all.

"Cedant arma togae" - Circo. Let the arms of war yield to the togas of peace.

"grrr.... I'm nice...ish...sometimes..." - PrincessMia

Last edited by yapsuper; 05-20-2011 at 17:34.
yapsuper is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-20-2011, 17:47   #2
FloSwifty

FloSwifty has a reputation beyond reputeFloSwifty has a reputation beyond reputeFloSwifty has a reputation beyond reputeFloSwifty has a reputation beyond reputeFloSwifty has a reputation beyond reputeFloSwifty has a reputation beyond reputeFloSwifty has a reputation beyond reputeFloSwifty has a reputation beyond reputeFloSwifty has a reputation beyond reputeFloSwifty has a reputation beyond reputeFloSwifty has a reputation beyond repute
tl;dr
Old 05-20-2011, 18:11   #3
yesumes
Banned

yesumes has a reputation beyond reputeyesumes has a reputation beyond reputeyesumes has a reputation beyond reputeyesumes has a reputation beyond reputeyesumes has a reputation beyond reputeyesumes has a reputation beyond reputeyesumes has a reputation beyond reputeyesumes has a reputation beyond reputeyesumes has a reputation beyond reputeyesumes has a reputation beyond reputeyesumes has a reputation beyond repute
mmmm yes I been needing more slaves.
yesumes is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-20-2011, 19:35   #4
TheSeeeker
Banned

TheSeeeker has a reputation beyond reputeTheSeeeker has a reputation beyond reputeTheSeeeker has a reputation beyond reputeTheSeeeker has a reputation beyond reputeTheSeeeker has a reputation beyond reputeTheSeeeker has a reputation beyond reputeTheSeeeker has a reputation beyond reputeTheSeeeker has a reputation beyond reputeTheSeeeker has a reputation beyond reputeTheSeeeker has a reputation beyond reputeTheSeeeker has a reputation beyond repute
Blah blah blah , wall of text ...blah blah blah.

Where is Mia when I wanna sexually harrass her in forums ?

I'll send you a rock hammer and a Raquel Welch poster ...you can Shawshank yourself right out of there :P .
TheSeeeker is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-20-2011, 21:29   #5
PainNagato
Akatsuki

PainNagato has a reputation beyond reputePainNagato has a reputation beyond reputePainNagato has a reputation beyond reputePainNagato has a reputation beyond reputePainNagato has a reputation beyond reputePainNagato has a reputation beyond reputePainNagato has a reputation beyond reputePainNagato has a reputation beyond reputePainNagato has a reputation beyond reputePainNagato has a reputation beyond reputePainNagato has a reputation beyond repute
The moment you got Anthea as your "help" was the moment you got fked.

PainNagato: Water(140)>Warrior(140)>Trojan(129)
PainNagato is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-21-2011, 07:05   #6
yapsuper
Mentor

yapsuper has a reputation beyond reputeyapsuper has a reputation beyond reputeyapsuper has a reputation beyond reputeyapsuper has a reputation beyond reputeyapsuper has a reputation beyond reputeyapsuper has a reputation beyond reputeyapsuper has a reputation beyond reputeyapsuper has a reputation beyond reputeyapsuper has a reputation beyond reputeyapsuper has a reputation beyond reputeyapsuper has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSeeeker View Post
Blah blah blah , wall of text ...blah blah blah.

Where is Mia when I wanna sexually harrass her in forums ?

I'll send you a rock hammer and a Raquel Welch poster ...you can Shawshank yourself right out of there :P .
Should have suspected you'd be the only person to understand the point of this post. I miss the better days of forum where people laughed as well as flamed.

Also have been known as Fenchurch, Yapsuper, and Bluey (the last rightful owner of her before she was hacked).

Old 05-21-2011, 07:11   #7
~Rings
DAMAGED

~Rings has a reputation beyond repute~Rings has a reputation beyond repute~Rings has a reputation beyond repute~Rings has a reputation beyond repute~Rings has a reputation beyond repute~Rings has a reputation beyond repute~Rings has a reputation beyond repute~Rings has a reputation beyond repute~Rings has a reputation beyond repute~Rings has a reputation beyond repute~Rings has a reputation beyond repute
Dude! I totally got botjailed too. For no reason. I never exit the client all the way and I think that's what happened

We are all DAMAGED in some way... some of us are just honest about it.

And yes.. I am a "real" girl.... sheesh

Call Me 303-607-7527

Dear Customer,

We have already released your character Rings from the jail. But for the security of your accounts in future, please make sure that you update your client to the latest version before you log any character in. Thanks for your understanding.

Best regards,
TQ Support Team
~Rings is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-21-2011, 07:34   #8
yapsuper
Mentor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Rings View Post
Dude! I totally got botjailed too. For no reason. I never exit the client all the way and I think that's what happened
Aren't you the guild leader of DAMAGED from the Meteor server? What are you doing all the way over here in Volcano?Lost again? Whatever the case, you are welcome here. Well, by me anyway.... I surmise the usual amount of hatred here on Volcano is going to outright reject you.

By the way, your reputation did not proceed you. I just hadn't seen your name in our neck of the woods so decided to do some research on you. Nice job hitting on the GM. You should meet TheSeeeker (I called him BM in my opening post). You two seem to have a similar sense of humor. Log on to Volcano... if I ever get out of bot jail, I'll introduce you two.

Old 05-21-2011, 07:40   #9
~Rings
DAMAGED

~Rings has a reputation beyond repute~Rings has a reputation beyond repute~Rings has a reputation beyond repute~Rings has a reputation beyond repute~Rings has a reputation beyond repute~Rings has a reputation beyond repute~Rings has a reputation beyond repute~Rings has a reputation beyond repute~Rings has a reputation beyond repute~Rings has a reputation beyond repute~Rings has a reputation beyond repute
I am the GL of DAMAGED lol and I was being nosey and I can relate so i posted lol. Are all the people going to slaughter me for posting here? Oh well, it's cool lol. Did I hit on a GM? Was he hot? I hope he was hot otherwise that's an epic fail lol. You researched me? that's freakin cool! I should research you now lol... Will I find anything disturbing???

Call Me 303-607-7527

Dear Customer,

We have already released your character Rings from the jail. But for the security of your accounts in future, please make sure that you update your client to the latest version before you log any character in. Thanks for your understanding.

Best regards,
TQ Support Team
Old 05-21-2011, 08:20   #10
yapsuper
Mentor

Quote:
I am the GL of DAMAGED lol and I was being nosey and I can relate so i posted lol. Are all the people going to slaughter me for posting here? Oh well, it's cool lol. Did I hit on a GM? Was he hot? I hope he was hot otherwise that's an epic fail lol. You researched me? that's freakin cool! I should research you now lol... Will I find anything disturbing???
I believe he was a blue elephant which turned you off. You may research me to your hearts content. I'll be impressed if you can read all the threads I've started. Three of them were regarding FB/SS tournaments I've hosted (the last one was a major failure, but the first one was a major success), one of them an article regarding FBing styles, one of them *****ing that someone deigned to accuse me of cheating, and a few others which I can't remember. The point is that I'm a wordy poster who loves the eloquence of words. Quite a shame when you consider how much of that is lost here on forums and in game.

Since I'm positive BM is lurking here waiting for his opportunity to embarrass me, I'll kick off the Veritis stories with, once I bought a +8 club from someone and in the process of trading, I locked it accidentally. This prevented me from becoming the 4th trojan on the server with dual +12 weps. (Odezza beat me by just a day).

So no. Not disturbing so much as interesting.

Ok for all your Volcano-ites... where is my damn email address? Don't make me sic Syzygy on you.

Old 05-21-2011, 08:40   #11
~Rings
DAMAGED

Yeah blue elephants do nothing for me. I don't FB or anything because I suck at video games like most normal chicks do lol. Sorry to hear that you didn't get +12 first. If it makes you feel any better, I don't have anything that's over +5 except my Tower

Call Me 303-607-7527

Dear Customer,

Best regards,
TQ Support Team
Old 05-21-2011, 08:45   #12
yapsuper
Mentor

Quote:
Yeah blue elephants do nothing for me. I don't FB or anything because I suck at video games like most normal chicks do lol. Sorry to hear that you didn't get +12 first. If it makes you feel any better, I don't have anything that's over +5 except my Tower
Eh. I'm kind over the whole gear thing. I'm 2 away from full +12 and I have no motivation to finish. I got some good friends who are still into the game so I'm lurking around helping them out and occasionally trying to keep up on my char with refineries and souls.

How's the research coming along?

Old 05-21-2011, 08:53   #13
~Rings
DAMAGED

I suck at research... Reminds me of the days when I went to school. So I try to avoid it at all cost. I never was very interested in gears. I have just played mostly for my friends and stuff. I never really expected to become anyone that was powerful and I don't enjoy PK so *shrugs* I just hang out. Now I am in botjail hanging out lol. I got a flower while I was in botjail LOL

Call Me 303-607-7527

Dear Customer,

Best regards,
TQ Support Team
Old 05-21-2011, 09:02   #14
Kiwi112
Nub Master

Kiwi112 has a reputation beyond reputeKiwi112 has a reputation beyond reputeKiwi112 has a reputation beyond reputeKiwi112 has a reputation beyond reputeKiwi112 has a reputation beyond reputeKiwi112 has a reputation beyond reputeKiwi112 has a reputation beyond reputeKiwi112 has a reputation beyond reputeKiwi112 has a reputation beyond reputeKiwi112 has a reputation beyond reputeKiwi112 has a reputation beyond repute
That's fked up that you got into botjail. They should do some security system against logging in with not updated game.
Maybe try to e-mail acct@netdragon.com ? I couldn't find the Volcano e-mail thing :<

EDIT: I found it, try this e-mail zhang3242@gmail.com. I sent e-mail there like 3 years ago about banning someone.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ratat View Post
Yo go your parents and say:Mami plz ghive me money for hootdog, but yo run very fast and by db
I Came I Saw I got TQ'dr
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oNK_Yepq44o&feature=rec-HM-r2 <--- olol
Kiwi112 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-21-2011, 09:20   #15
yapsuper
Mentor

Quote:
I suck at research... Reminds me of the days when I went to school. So I try to avoid it at all cost. I never was very interested in gears. I have just played mostly for my friends and stuff. I never really expected to become anyone that was powerful and I don't enjoy PK so *shrugs* I just hang out. Now I am in botjail hanging out lol. I got a flower while I was in botjail LOL
Not bad...if you ever find yourself in Volcano, give me a shout.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwi112 View Post
That's fked up that you got into botjail. They should do some security system against logging in with not updated game.
Maybe try to e-mail acct@netdragon.com ? I couldn't find the Volcano e-mail thing :<

EDIT: I found it, try this e-mail zhang3242@gmail.com. I sent e-mail there like 3 years ago about banning someone.
Beautiful. You officially rock.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: