Old 01-28-2010, 05:35   #46
CozZ

CozZ has a reputation beyond reputeCozZ has a reputation beyond reputeCozZ has a reputation beyond reputeCozZ has a reputation beyond reputeCozZ has a reputation beyond reputeCozZ has a reputation beyond reputeCozZ has a reputation beyond reputeCozZ has a reputation beyond reputeCozZ has a reputation beyond reputeCozZ has a reputation beyond reputeCozZ has a reputation beyond repute
yeah

~Fl0od~
FlowerMaiden

This is me!
"If you think youre good at something... there will always be someone better than you"
http://koti.mbnet.fi/cozz/admin.gif
CozZ is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-28-2010, 06:49   #47
StevehLover
EbiHator<3

StevehLover has a reputation beyond reputeStevehLover has a reputation beyond reputeStevehLover has a reputation beyond reputeStevehLover has a reputation beyond reputeStevehLover has a reputation beyond reputeStevehLover has a reputation beyond reputeStevehLover has a reputation beyond reputeStevehLover has a reputation beyond reputeStevehLover has a reputation beyond reputeStevehLover has a reputation beyond reputeStevehLover has a reputation beyond repute
blegh... dave realy WHOT DA FUXING are u listening...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eYk1B8VryAQ

***4326;Steveh***4326;
FOREVER``
Ebi
Even Bulking/Botting Iritates
StevehLover is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-28-2010, 11:01   #48
FireTao2005
ChInEsE

FireTao2005 has a reputation beyond reputeFireTao2005 has a reputation beyond reputeFireTao2005 has a reputation beyond reputeFireTao2005 has a reputation beyond reputeFireTao2005 has a reputation beyond reputeFireTao2005 has a reputation beyond reputeFireTao2005 has a reputation beyond reputeFireTao2005 has a reputation beyond reputeFireTao2005 has a reputation beyond reputeFireTao2005 has a reputation beyond reputeFireTao2005 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrayWolf View Post
Thats bull. Have you watched reviews and what system with that CPU even takes from the wall (http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/cpu...-965-review/12)? I have GTX 280 and only 470W PSU, tho its not those 5 dollar PSU's with those you need like 1kW PSU and it still might blow up and take your comp with it

When building comp PSU is the last place to be saving money. And heres good link to those who are thinking about upgrading/getting new system http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/buy...january-2010/1.
I'm lost on what is bull. Unless you are stating that you don't need a 750watt PSU? cause if so, I have stated I recommend that PSU. This is due to customization and being able to change in the future without buying a new supply. Also you want to have enough not too little. depending on what accessories,ram,and other components u have in your case. Also I have stated that you should never skimp on the PSU. Quote is below<-- dunno if you were agreeing
Quote:
Originally Posted by FireTao2005 View Post
The 200 series especially 260+ needs massive power. The pwoer u have is kinda a cheap one. NEVER go with a cheap power supply. There is a higher chance to kill your mobo, hard drive, processor.

NinjaDave
Ninja> Ninja> Ninja
130-130-131
RBed 6/28/09 -- 2nd RBed 07/25/09

FireTao2005
FireTao> FireTao> FireTao
130-130-130
RBed 10/28/07 -- 2nd RBed 12/26/08

~|Swift|~
Water> Warrior> Monk
130-130-138
RBed 11/29/09 -- 2nd RBed 12/3/09
Reincarnated 1/13/10

Nemesis Soldier Forever

Last edited by FireTao2005; 01-28-2010 at 11:10.
FireTao2005 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-28-2010, 11:32   #49
CozZ

CozZ has a reputation beyond reputeCozZ has a reputation beyond reputeCozZ has a reputation beyond reputeCozZ has a reputation beyond reputeCozZ has a reputation beyond reputeCozZ has a reputation beyond reputeCozZ has a reputation beyond reputeCozZ has a reputation beyond reputeCozZ has a reputation beyond reputeCozZ has a reputation beyond reputeCozZ has a reputation beyond repute
nice i got bday today =O *randomness*

~Fl0od~
FlowerMaiden

This is me!
"If you think youre good at something... there will always be someone better than you"
http://koti.mbnet.fi/cozz/admin.gif
CozZ is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-28-2010, 11:43   #50
CrayWolf
Pantsu!

CrayWolf has a reputation beyond reputeCrayWolf has a reputation beyond reputeCrayWolf has a reputation beyond reputeCrayWolf has a reputation beyond reputeCrayWolf has a reputation beyond reputeCrayWolf has a reputation beyond reputeCrayWolf has a reputation beyond reputeCrayWolf has a reputation beyond reputeCrayWolf has a reputation beyond reputeCrayWolf has a reputation beyond reputeCrayWolf has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
I'm lost on what is bull. Unless you are stating that you don't need a 750watt PSU? cause if so, I have stated I recommend that PSU. This is due to customization and being able to change in the future without buying a new supply. Also you want to have enough not too little. depending on what accessories,ram,and other components u have in your case. Also I have stated that you should never skimp on the PSU. Quote is below<-- dunno if you were agreeing
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bull

Yea i said that you dont need 750W PSU to run your system, of course if your going crossfire/SLI and going to get the best money can buy then i recommend 700+W PSU, but usually ppl who do those know what they need. Even if your going to change your setup in the future no need to get overboard with it. Those things that the manufacturers put in the package of videocards/CPU etc where they say "needs at least 650W++ PSU" are for the ppl with 5 dollar parts.

If you looked the link that i put there the first 3 systems are all 650W or under. Of course if your going to get lots of hard drives/SSD's in your system then higher watted PSU would be the better because they have more power connectors than the cheaper/lower watt ones. But still no need to go wasting loads of money on the PSU. And if you read my post it said:
Quote:
When building comp PSU is the last place to be saving money.
So yea we were agreeing on the matter.
Ah good old TQ **'n up this **** game even worse one player at a time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*XLegacyX*~ View Post
Just quit, TQ did.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~st3alth" View Post
mmm boobs... mmmmm
CrayWolf is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-28-2010, 18:41   #51
FireTao2005
ChInEsE

FireTao2005 has a reputation beyond reputeFireTao2005 has a reputation beyond reputeFireTao2005 has a reputation beyond reputeFireTao2005 has a reputation beyond reputeFireTao2005 has a reputation beyond reputeFireTao2005 has a reputation beyond reputeFireTao2005 has a reputation beyond reputeFireTao2005 has a reputation beyond reputeFireTao2005 has a reputation beyond reputeFireTao2005 has a reputation beyond reputeFireTao2005 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrayWolf View Post
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bull

Yea i said that you dont need 750W PSU to run your system, of course if your going crossfire/SLI and going to get the best money can buy then i recommend 700+W PSU, but usually ppl who do those know what they need. Even if your going to change your setup in the future no need to get overboard with it. Those things that the manufacturers put in the package of videocards/CPU etc where they say "needs at least 650W++ PSU" are for the ppl with 5 dollar parts.

If you looked the link that i put there the first 3 systems are all 650W or under. Of course if your going to get lots of hard drives/SSD's in your system then higher watted PSU would be the better because they have more power connectors than the cheaper/lower watt ones. But still no need to go wasting loads of money on the PSU. And if you read my post it said:

So yea we were agreeing on the matter.
Agreed for a system that won't be upgraded much, but the price difference between 650 and 750 now a days isn't that great. In the future, there will be higher power consumption items( unless they develop some sort of technology that will cut it down). Also USB uses power too, with all the accessories today that uses usb to charge/utilize, i believe 750 is a good standard. I would agree 1000watt isn't necessary, but 750watt is reasonable for today with minimal price difference. This is all my preference tho. I like to "Future proof" my items. If i decide to SLI my graphics one day I will be able to without throwing money out the window(Buying another power supply).Since space now a days is cheap, and a lot of people can go through a terabyte like eating candy, it is more likely for people to add a few extra hard drive. Also according to thousands of computer mod forums, majority of the people tend to go this route because they like to keep up with newer parts and upgrades/additions.

Summary: I guess it all comes down to preference, In my opinion I don't think the price difference is that great to not buy a higher watt power supply(rather have too much, then too little).

NinjaDave
Ninja> Ninja> Ninja
130-130-131

FireTao2005
130-130-130

~|Swift|~
Water> Warrior> Monk
130-130-138
Reincarnated 1/13/10

Nemesis Soldier Forever

Last edited by FireTao2005; 01-28-2010 at 18:43.
Old 01-29-2010, 01:21   #52
CrayWolf
Pantsu!

CrayWolf has a reputation beyond reputeCrayWolf has a reputation beyond reputeCrayWolf has a reputation beyond reputeCrayWolf has a reputation beyond reputeCrayWolf has a reputation beyond reputeCrayWolf has a reputation beyond reputeCrayWolf has a reputation beyond reputeCrayWolf has a reputation beyond reputeCrayWolf has a reputation beyond reputeCrayWolf has a reputation beyond reputeCrayWolf has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Agreed for a system that won't be upgraded much, but the price difference between 650 and 750 now a days isn't that great. In the future, there will be higher power consumption items( unless they develop some sort of technology that will cut it down). Also USB uses power too, with all the accessories today that uses usb to charge/utilize, i believe 750 is a good standard. I would agree 1000watt isn't necessary, but 750watt is reasonable for today with minimal price difference. This is all my preference tho. I like to "Future proof" my items. If i decide to SLI my graphics one day I will be able to without throwing money out the window(Buying another power supply).Since space now a days is cheap, and a lot of people can go through a terabyte like eating candy, it is more likely for people to add a few extra hard drive. Also according to thousands of computer mod forums, majority of the people tend to go this route because they like to keep up with newer parts and upgrades/additions.

Summary: I guess it all comes down to preference, In my opinion I don't think the price difference is that great to not buy a higher watt power supply(rather have too much, then too little).
New graphic cards take less power than the old ones. CPU's same thing. Of course if they are overclocked and/or are enthusiast parts they will draw more power when used. AMD's new 5xxx serie is kinda nice on the power usage. Their fastest 1 GPU card with whole system took under 200Watts http://plaza.fi/muropaketti/artikkel...5750-juniper,3

Example, normal hard drive when it reads/writes takes ~6Watts. SSD's (Solid State Disks) take ~2Watts.

And those ppl that dont upgrade their systems frequently (and i mean ppl who use the same system for 2-3+ years) and arent hardcore gamers over 500W PSU doesnt give them any more power to the system, so in those cases few dollars what you save in that can be put to the CPU/SSD/more RAM part that will give them much more usage.

Of course in the end ppl will buy what they want.
Ah good old TQ **'n up this **** game even worse one player at a time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*XLegacyX*~ View Post
Just quit, TQ did.
Quote:
mmm boobs... mmmmm
CrayWolf is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-29-2010, 02:11   #53
~st3alth"
FMLYHM

~st3alth" has a reputation beyond repute~st3alth" has a reputation beyond repute~st3alth" has a reputation beyond repute~st3alth" has a reputation beyond repute~st3alth" has a reputation beyond repute~st3alth" has a reputation beyond repute~st3alth" has a reputation beyond repute~st3alth" has a reputation beyond repute~st3alth" has a reputation beyond repute~st3alth" has a reputation beyond repute~st3alth" has a reputation beyond repute
my laptop
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	n548438976_1579002_8248.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	36.4 KB
ID:	129265  

Keep your guard up
and your buddies in mind
good friends bail u out of jail
True friends are the ones sitting next to you saying "were flucked"
~Pitbull~ lvl 134-134-134 Water-War-Troj
~Stealth~ 131-131-1XX pure troj
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Bankai View Post
And it's Ian we're talkin about here, he is somewhat of a god.
~st3alth" is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-20-2010, 19:13   #54
Andrew~
Banned

Andrew~ has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew~ has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew~ has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew~ has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew~ has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew~ has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew~ has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew~ has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew~ has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew~ has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew~ has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Bad quality Pics xD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UAJdjk1m5D8

---Updated computer(January 25,2010)----
Operating System: Windows 7 Professional 64-bit (6.1, Build 7600) (7600.win7_rtm.090713-1255)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: OEM
System Model: OEM
BIOS: Phoenix - AwardBIOS v6.00PG
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 920@2.67GHz (8 CPUs), ~2.7GHz <---- downgraded didn't need the extra power xD
Memory: 9216MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 9208MB RAM
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260
Display Memory: 4077 MB
Dedicated Memory: 877 MB
Shared Memory: 3199 MB
Current Mode: 1680 x 1050 (32 bit) (59Hz)
Monitor Name: Acer LCD Monitor X223W
Current Mode: 1920 x 1080 (32 bit) (60Hz)
Monitor Model: Acer LCD Monitor H233H
im jealous
Andrew~ is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-21-2010, 23:50   #55
FireTao2005
ChInEsE

added additional pictures of current setup

NinjaDave
Ninja> Ninja> Ninja
130-130-131

FireTao2005
130-130-130

~|Swift|~
Water> Warrior> Monk
130-130-138
Reincarnated 1/13/10

Nemesis Soldier Forever

Old 02-22-2010, 06:16   #56
StevehLover
EbiHator<3

StevehLover has a reputation beyond reputeStevehLover has a reputation beyond reputeStevehLover has a reputation beyond reputeStevehLover has a reputation beyond reputeStevehLover has a reputation beyond reputeStevehLover has a reputation beyond reputeStevehLover has a reputation beyond reputeStevehLover has a reputation beyond reputeStevehLover has a reputation beyond reputeStevehLover has a reputation beyond reputeStevehLover has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
my laptop
GOSH UR AN CAT!!!! MIAWUAWUWAUWUWAUWAUW

***4326;Steveh***4326;
FOREVER``
Ebi
Even Bulking/Botting Iritates
StevehLover is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-22-2010, 07:55   #57
AgentR07
Iconoclast

AgentR07 has a reputation beyond reputeAgentR07 has a reputation beyond reputeAgentR07 has a reputation beyond reputeAgentR07 has a reputation beyond reputeAgentR07 has a reputation beyond reputeAgentR07 has a reputation beyond reputeAgentR07 has a reputation beyond reputeAgentR07 has a reputation beyond reputeAgentR07 has a reputation beyond reputeAgentR07 has a reputation beyond reputeAgentR07 has a reputation beyond repute
My current setup from before :

http://i50.tinypic.com/o57zwx.jpg
http://i49.tinypic.com/szd8nk.jpg

And now some random EVE pictures from this weekends test server Fleet battle, it was 200 vs 200 easily:

This one, all of those yellow triangles are the enemies destroyed ships, we raped them.
http://i48.tinypic.com/149nrzo.jpg

Destroyed capital ships, (Dreadnoughts and Carriers) also the enemies.
http://i50.tinypic.com/119v0af.jpg

My fleet before jumping into the enemy.
http://i45.tinypic.com/19nxb8.jpg
Old 02-22-2010, 15:53   #58
FireTao2005
ChInEsE

WMP FTW. Is that a giant ship orgy?!?!?! Dual screens FTW ^^

NinjaDave
Ninja> Ninja> Ninja
130-130-131

FireTao2005
130-130-130

~|Swift|~
Water> Warrior> Monk
130-130-138
Reincarnated 1/13/10

Nemesis Soldier Forever

Old 03-03-2010, 09:49   #59
Blite
Student

Blite has a reputation beyond reputeBlite has a reputation beyond reputeBlite has a reputation beyond reputeBlite has a reputation beyond reputeBlite has a reputation beyond reputeBlite has a reputation beyond reputeBlite has a reputation beyond reputeBlite has a reputation beyond reputeBlite has a reputation beyond reputeBlite has a reputation beyond reputeBlite has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Blite
Quote:
Bad quality Pics xD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UAJdjk1m5D8

---Updated computer(January 25,2010)----
Operating System: Windows 7 Professional 64-bit (6.1, Build 7600) (7600.win7_rtm.090713-1255)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: OEM
System Model: OEM
BIOS: Phoenix - AwardBIOS v6.00PG
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 920@2.67GHz (8 CPUs), ~2.7GHz <---- downgraded didn't need the extra power xD
Memory: 9216MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 9208MB RAM
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260
Display Memory: 4077 MB
Dedicated Memory: 877 MB
Shared Memory: 3199 MB
Current Mode: 1680 x 1050 (32 bit) (59Hz)
Monitor Name: Acer LCD Monitor X223W
Current Mode: 1920 x 1080 (32 bit) (60Hz)
Monitor Model: Acer LCD Monitor H233H

abit pointless having 9gb of ram Windows only know how to use up to 4 GB

But hey you're pc lol
Reincarnation in Progress

~Blite
Troj-Arch
12x-128

Diamond Veteran
Blite is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-03-2010, 18:58   #60
FireTao2005
ChInEsE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blite View Post
abit pointless having 9gb of ram Windows only know how to use up to 4 GB

But hey you're pc lol
windows being only capable for up to 4 gb is for 32 bit. 64 bit is more than that. I read windows classifies the amount recognize by the version. My mobo is capable of 24gb of RAM.

NinjaDave
Ninja> Ninja> Ninja
130-130-131

FireTao2005
130-130-130

~|Swift|~
Water> Warrior> Monk
130-130-138