View Poll Results: If TQ release CO 1.0 will you pay to play?
Yes 49 63.64%
No 28 36.36%
Voters: 77. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-24-2009, 12:18   #1
used9999
Banned

used9999 has a reputation beyond reputeused9999 has a reputation beyond reputeused9999 has a reputation beyond reputeused9999 has a reputation beyond reputeused9999 has a reputation beyond reputeused9999 has a reputation beyond reputeused9999 has a reputation beyond reputeused9999 has a reputation beyond reputeused9999 has a reputation beyond reputeused9999 has a reputation beyond reputeused9999 has a reputation beyond repute
If TQ release CO 1.0 will you pay to play?

I know this may not be possible but if TQ release CO 1.0 without DB purchase option will you pay to play?

Maybe month by month paid subscription around $5-$10.

This way they will remain profitable and fair to everybody.

... Just a thought.
used9999 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-24-2009, 12:21   #2
ihud5
MödAbuser

ihud5 has a reputation beyond reputeihud5 has a reputation beyond reputeihud5 has a reputation beyond reputeihud5 has a reputation beyond reputeihud5 has a reputation beyond reputeihud5 has a reputation beyond reputeihud5 has a reputation beyond reputeihud5 has a reputation beyond reputeihud5 has a reputation beyond reputeihud5 has a reputation beyond reputeihud5 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by used9999 View Post
I know this may not be possible but if TQ release CO 1.0 without DB purchase option will you pay to play?

... Just a thought.
no i would not pay the cost of WoW just to play conquer....
I can guarantee I make more money than you. I speak 6 languages, work for a hedge fund and own a small island just off the Philippines. Why do I waste time on this forum? When I was a coke-fiend at an Ivy-league university I played CO. Now I find it a source of entertainment while I sip my Dom Perignon 1996 and twiddle my thumbs.

Now if you'll excuse me, my lear jet is just being prepped and I'm due in Los Angeles in an hour.
ihud5 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-24-2009, 12:22   #3
guenther

guenther has a reputation beyond reputeguenther has a reputation beyond reputeguenther has a reputation beyond reputeguenther has a reputation beyond reputeguenther has a reputation beyond reputeguenther has a reputation beyond reputeguenther has a reputation beyond reputeguenther has a reputation beyond reputeguenther has a reputation beyond reputeguenther has a reputation beyond reputeguenther has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by ihud5 View Post
no i would not pay the cost of WoW just to play conquer....
they would **** it up somehow they always manage to do it
guenther is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-24-2009, 13:41   #4
MrRingo
that guy u met

Location: ~Gemini~ Country:~USA, CT~ ..................................... Guild: .:Reļgn:. Position:~Leader~ ..................................... Guild: £as†§†and Position:~Leader~ ..................................... Status: Respected
MrRingo has a reputation beyond reputeMrRingo has a reputation beyond reputeMrRingo has a reputation beyond reputeMrRingo has a reputation beyond reputeMrRingo has a reputation beyond reputeMrRingo has a reputation beyond reputeMrRingo has a reputation beyond reputeMrRingo has a reputation beyond reputeMrRingo has a reputation beyond reputeMrRingo has a reputation beyond reputeMrRingo has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to MrRingo Send a message via MSN to MrRingo Send a message via Yahoo to MrRingo
Quote:
Originally Posted by used9999 View Post

... Just a thought.
Here are the conditions of a p2p server. A development team that responds to customers. A programming team that keeps on top of bots and hacks, as well as preventative measures. A company that actually has to be nice to its players.
A brainstorming team who takes the ideas from the suggestion forums and actually attempts to implement them. And I wont pay more than 5$ a month for a game with graphics as bad as conquer.
°Šaaka£° ~ 130-130-131 ~ Wat/War/Tro
CatalystX ~ 131-131-132 ~ Pure Ninja

-----Liberty-----
CatalystX ~ 124+ ~ Tro

Funny story, I come back to Conquer to forget the login to my liberty accounts

Daakal Blood Elf Mage US-Mannoroth
Daakal Nord Mesmer on Emery Bay
My Story 2004-2007
MrRingo is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-24-2009, 13:41   #5
~Sloan~

~Sloan~ is on a distinguished road
Are you stupid.
~Sloan~ is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-24-2009, 14:00   #6
.:JaK:.
Banned

.:JaK:. has a reputation beyond repute.:JaK:. has a reputation beyond repute.:JaK:. has a reputation beyond repute.:JaK:. has a reputation beyond repute.:JaK:. has a reputation beyond repute.:JaK:. has a reputation beyond repute.:JaK:. has a reputation beyond repute.:JaK:. has a reputation beyond repute.:JaK:. has a reputation beyond repute.:JaK:. has a reputation beyond repute.:JaK:. has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to .:JaK:.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Sloan~ View Post
Are you stupid.
To whom are you saying that to? If it's to the thread starter, I wouldn't consider him stupid. He brings up a good point. What if CO 1.0 was release. Would you pay?

Retard.
.:JaK:. is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-24-2009, 14:06   #7
[doubleedge]
J-Slayer

[doubleedge] has a reputation beyond repute[doubleedge] has a reputation beyond repute[doubleedge] has a reputation beyond repute[doubleedge] has a reputation beyond repute[doubleedge] has a reputation beyond repute[doubleedge] has a reputation beyond repute[doubleedge] has a reputation beyond repute[doubleedge] has a reputation beyond repute[doubleedge] has a reputation beyond repute[doubleedge] has a reputation beyond repute[doubleedge] has a reputation beyond repute
Sumthing like this yes I agree.
Old 11-24-2009, 14:13   #8
~Sloan~

~Sloan~ is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by .:JaK:. View Post
To whom are you saying that to? If it's to the thread starter, I wouldn't consider him stupid. He brings up a good point. What if CO 1.0 was release. Would you pay?

Retard.
It's not a good enough game to be paying... so yes he is stupid who would pay to play...
~Sloan~ is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-24-2009, 14:14   #9
Manburger
Banned

Manburger has a reputation beyond reputeManburger has a reputation beyond reputeManburger has a reputation beyond reputeManburger has a reputation beyond reputeManburger has a reputation beyond reputeManburger has a reputation beyond reputeManburger has a reputation beyond reputeManburger has a reputation beyond reputeManburger has a reputation beyond reputeManburger has a reputation beyond reputeManburger has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Manburger Send a message via MSN to Manburger
No. They would mess it up in due time.

Christmas shopping rush! +12 items stones and super 2 socs!
Manburger is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-24-2009, 14:22   #10
*~panda~*
Banned

*~panda~* has a reputation beyond repute*~panda~* has a reputation beyond repute*~panda~* has a reputation beyond repute*~panda~* has a reputation beyond repute*~panda~* has a reputation beyond repute*~panda~* has a reputation beyond repute*~panda~* has a reputation beyond repute*~panda~* has a reputation beyond repute*~panda~* has a reputation beyond repute*~panda~* has a reputation beyond repute*~panda~* has a reputation beyond repute
If it was truly 1.0 yea, not some half baked 1.0 <-> 2.0 mix up like the freaking "classic" we got now. They took 6, yes 6 months to make this classic server. What changed?

->client sided = nothing
-> server sided = pvp BP gone, shopping mall buying gone, adapted lotto prizes a little bit, allowed pking in tc for 26+'ers

result:

Any normal programmer could finish this within an hour or two. Hell they even didn't make a proper lay-out.

We got talisman slots but no talismans..ya
We got a shopping mall button but can't buy from it.. ya
We got lotto (ya really classic)
detain system? rofl cookies classic my ass
botters.. they were there before, but atm they outbalance ****

Classic co failed, end of story. I've seen private servers more tempting to play and closer to 1.0 then the current classic co.
*~panda~* is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-24-2009, 14:23   #11
BanIP%Is%A%JOKE
勒茲萬

BanIP%Is%A%JOKE has a reputation beyond reputeBanIP%Is%A%JOKE has a reputation beyond reputeBanIP%Is%A%JOKE has a reputation beyond reputeBanIP%Is%A%JOKE has a reputation beyond reputeBanIP%Is%A%JOKE has a reputation beyond reputeBanIP%Is%A%JOKE has a reputation beyond reputeBanIP%Is%A%JOKE has a reputation beyond reputeBanIP%Is%A%JOKE has a reputation beyond reputeBanIP%Is%A%JOKE has a reputation beyond reputeBanIP%Is%A%JOKE has a reputation beyond reputeBanIP%Is%A%JOKE has a reputation beyond repute
OFC all will play 15 usd per month then to spend 1k usd on dbs. Isn't that logical?
BanIP%Is%A%JOKE is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-24-2009, 14:42   #12
Fa1nT1
UberPrinny

Fa1nT1 has a reputation beyond reputeFa1nT1 has a reputation beyond reputeFa1nT1 has a reputation beyond reputeFa1nT1 has a reputation beyond reputeFa1nT1 has a reputation beyond reputeFa1nT1 has a reputation beyond reputeFa1nT1 has a reputation beyond reputeFa1nT1 has a reputation beyond reputeFa1nT1 has a reputation beyond reputeFa1nT1 has a reputation beyond reputeFa1nT1 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRingo View Post
Here are the conditions of a p2p server.
A development team that responds to customers.
A programming team that keeps on top of bots and hacks, as well as preventative measures.
A company that actually has to be nice to its players.
A brainstorming team who takes the ideas from the suggestion forums and actually attempts to implement them.
And I wont pay more than 5$ a month for a game with graphics as bad as conquer.
This

CO1 could be a good game again, it just needs a active team for it (the company and its low employee # working 100 servers doesnt work), and to buy something like x-trap or gameguard.
Old 11-24-2009, 14:49   #13
nicholascobalt
ṬḤỌṚỊṢḤẸṚẸ

nicholascobalt has a reputation beyond reputenicholascobalt has a reputation beyond reputenicholascobalt has a reputation beyond reputenicholascobalt has a reputation beyond reputenicholascobalt has a reputation beyond reputenicholascobalt has a reputation beyond reputenicholascobalt has a reputation beyond reputenicholascobalt has a reputation beyond reputenicholascobalt has a reputation beyond reputenicholascobalt has a reputation beyond reputenicholascobalt has a reputation beyond repute
I think 14.99 for 3 months would be best for a game like conquer, and one way to cut back on cheating would be to have the pay to play server and free to play server on different patches constantly. Also make it legal to cheat, include a Top Hacker halo and an exp reward each month or week to make Sharing cheats less desireable. Better to have one Shiny cheater than a majority of cheaters in a game.

Memory Leak/Conquer Closing Without Error Message [VISTA]
OTNS
nicholascobalt is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-24-2009, 15:25   #14
Renjitsu
Zakennayo!

Renjitsu has a reputation beyond reputeRenjitsu has a reputation beyond reputeRenjitsu has a reputation beyond reputeRenjitsu has a reputation beyond reputeRenjitsu has a reputation beyond reputeRenjitsu has a reputation beyond reputeRenjitsu has a reputation beyond reputeRenjitsu has a reputation beyond reputeRenjitsu has a reputation beyond reputeRenjitsu has a reputation beyond reputeRenjitsu has a reputation beyond repute
I'll pay **** for bull****.

We all die alone,
but you will die wit a iphone up your ass.

"You have to learn the rules of the game.
And then you have to play better than all the idiots."

Renjitsu is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-24-2009, 15:30   #15
used9999
Banned

used9999 has a reputation beyond reputeused9999 has a reputation beyond reputeused9999 has a reputation beyond reputeused9999 has a reputation beyond reputeused9999 has a reputation beyond reputeused9999 has a reputation beyond reputeused9999 has a reputation beyond reputeused9999 has a reputation beyond reputeused9999 has a reputation beyond reputeused9999 has a reputation beyond reputeused9999 has a reputation beyond repute
Look it's not cheap to host a server and maintain it. TQ is a company, either they remain profitable or they will shut it down. No company is stupid enough to be in business of losing money.

You think the game is actually free? .... The only reason it remain free is because someone buy DBs and pay for you to play Dumba$$

.... I want CO.1 ...blah bla blah NO lottery please..... bla blah bla

Did you buy any Dbs? No? ..... Well STFU... Bi.tch.

The reason TQ come up with all the retarded idea (BP, lottery, talisman, ....) is because they want to attract more people in buying more DBs to gain more advantage in game.

Fvck if they dont do that what incentive does a player have to bulk? ... you tell me.

I'm only suggesting they change their business model. Instead of DB buyer pay for the game, everyone pay a small amount to play. That way everybody is treated fairly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Sloan~ View Post
It's not a good enough game to be paying... so yes he is stupid who would pay to play...
legal to cheat = fail.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicholascobalt View Post
I think 14.99 for 3 months would be best for a game like conquer, and one way to cut back on cheating would be to have the pay to play server and free to play server on different patches constantly. Also make it legal to cheat, include a Top Hacker halo and an exp reward each month or week to make Sharing cheats less desireable. Better to have one Shiny cheater than a majority of cheaters in a game.
used9999 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: