Old 09-16-2012, 02:57   #1
Aerozynx

Aerozynx is on a distinguished road
Bot prevention (?)

I know it said in the suggestion rules that suggestions regarding bots would be automaticly denied or whatever but I felt I should still share this idea incase it might be worth something :P

Basically my suggestion is some kind of a 'captcha' system that pops up automatically every hour, i.e 13:00, 14:00 etc in all maps except market, TC, TG and other maps where it wouldn't really be needed.

I don't really have the full thing worked out yet and I don't even know if this would be too much work for TQ developers or if it is at all possible, but I was thinking something simple like when I made this forum account "What is the first letter in the word 'Conquer' " simple stuff like that so that any person can fill it out correctly but bots won't be able to if you mix it up enough with enough questions (all just as simple as that one)

Anyway incase you're still reading this, here's what I suggest for failure of filling it out correctly.

If you fill it out wrong/dont fill it out at all in say... 30 seconds or something, you get disconnected, but since most bots nowadays come with auto-reconnect etc, that alone wont do much to stop them, so I suggest making a kind bot-jail kind of thing for the people who failed to fill it out, so when you get disconnected and sign back in ur in a jail map and to get out you have to CORRECTLY fill out another captcha, or sit in that jail map for 48h and do nothing hihi. :3

Anyway, it's just a small suggestion so leave your replies on how you feel about it and if you have more ideas to add to the suggestion, and if anyone knows if it would be at all possible for TQ developers to do this it'd be nice to know aswell.

- Aero

Last edited by Aerozynx; 09-17-2012 at 12:48.
Aerozynx is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-20-2012, 01:09   #2
necromancer
mast0r

necromancer has a reputation beyond reputenecromancer has a reputation beyond reputenecromancer has a reputation beyond reputenecromancer has a reputation beyond reputenecromancer has a reputation beyond reputenecromancer has a reputation beyond reputenecromancer has a reputation beyond reputenecromancer has a reputation beyond reputenecromancer has a reputation beyond reputenecromancer has a reputation beyond reputenecromancer has a reputation beyond repute
STOP DOING CRAP TO THE GAME DUE BOTTERS - ITS ENOUGH SCREWED

Thanks

[ Other Servers ]
Playing on friends accounts, wan't me to play on your server? PM me and I'll be happy to pay you a visit on GW.
necromancer is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-20-2012, 18:26   #3
kyle1234512

kyle1234512 has a reputation beyond reputekyle1234512 has a reputation beyond reputekyle1234512 has a reputation beyond reputekyle1234512 has a reputation beyond reputekyle1234512 has a reputation beyond reputekyle1234512 has a reputation beyond reputekyle1234512 has a reputation beyond reputekyle1234512 has a reputation beyond reputekyle1234512 has a reputation beyond reputekyle1234512 has a reputation beyond reputekyle1234512 has a reputation beyond repute
this wouldnt do anything, botters could just log out for what 2minutes and avoid the hourly check. and for the above poster..... www.lern2engreesh.com

the answer is zero, no bulker would change a lightbulb, he would just pay TQ to change it for him. And TQ would screw it up, trying to jam the wrong size bulb in the socket, damaging both the socket and the bulb
kyle1234512 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-26-2012, 07:02   #4
Aerozynx

Meh idk... tbh there are ALOT of really easy fixes to it too.

Super easy: Limit the maximum number of clients to 2-3, Limit the amount of registered accounts per IP to 5-20 etc.

Easy: Hire more gm's or 'supervisors' or something and have them go around the most popular botting areas and do botchecks and ban every botter permanently, it wont get rid of all of them but it'll make it harder for botters if you do this + limit number of registered accounts lol.

Medium: Some kind of captcha system as I said earlier, even though it does have ways to bypass it.

Hard: slowly lose players until all normal players quit and only botters remain and then they quit cuz theres no point in botting if no one plays, and then slowly regain players for a short while before the botters notice that people are playing again and come back and do it all over again.

but idk, maybe im the only one who thinks its super annoying when you finally get cyclone/superman up and then a bot comes along and kills every monster in the area in 1 second ._.'
Old 09-27-2012, 17:45   #5
kyle1234512

kyle1234512 has a reputation beyond reputekyle1234512 has a reputation beyond reputekyle1234512 has a reputation beyond reputekyle1234512 has a reputation beyond reputekyle1234512 has a reputation beyond reputekyle1234512 has a reputation beyond reputekyle1234512 has a reputation beyond reputekyle1234512 has a reputation beyond reputekyle1234512 has a reputation beyond reputekyle1234512 has a reputation beyond reputekyle1234512 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerozynx View Post
Meh idk... tbh there are ALOT of really easy fixes to it too.

Super easy: Limit the maximum number of clients to 2-3, Limit the amount of registered accounts per IP to 5-20 etc.

Easy: Hire more gm's or 'supervisors' or something and have them go around the most popular botting areas and do botchecks and ban every botter permanently, it wont get rid of all of them but it'll make it harder for botters if you do this + limit number of registered accounts lol.

Medium: Some kind of captcha system as I said earlier, even though it does have ways to bypass it.

Hard: slowly lose players until all normal players quit and only botters remain and then they quit cuz theres no point in botting if no one plays, and then slowly regain players for a short while before the botters notice that people are playing again and come back and do it all over again.

but idk, maybe im the only one who thinks its super annoying when you finally get cyclone/superman up and then a bot comes along and kills every monster in the area in 1 second ._.'

ur following 3 fallacies right now with ur suggestion.

1) u think TQ isnt behind the bots themselves
2) u think TQ is willing to put money into the game to make it better
3) u think TQ actually cares about what we say or do

just face it, CO is dead till 3.0 comes around

the answer is zero, no bulker would change a lightbulb, he would just pay TQ to change it for him. And TQ would screw it up, trying to jam the wrong size bulb in the socket, damaging both the socket and the bulb
kyle1234512 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-30-2012, 23:33   #6
Aerozynx

-sadface-
Old 10-14-2012, 21:22   #7
tupper1

tupper1 is on a distinguished road
as for capcha system, well, there is no way to bypass for botters, if the value has not send to the game.

if it is image then how can bots read the image? the answer is can not read.

at less that is how to prevent botters to create accounts for email and forums.

the reason capcha system do work is at the game player software will unable to read it. only server do know what the numbers or letters is.

therefore only up to conquer if they want to stop botter or not.
tupper1 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: