View Poll Results: should we implement captcha in game?
yes 7 46.67%
no 8 53.33%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-06-2012, 06:42   #1
kyle1234512

kyle1234512 has a reputation beyond reputekyle1234512 has a reputation beyond reputekyle1234512 has a reputation beyond reputekyle1234512 has a reputation beyond reputekyle1234512 has a reputation beyond reputekyle1234512 has a reputation beyond reputekyle1234512 has a reputation beyond reputekyle1234512 has a reputation beyond reputekyle1234512 has a reputation beyond reputekyle1234512 has a reputation beyond reputekyle1234512 has a reputation beyond repute
add captcha in game after someone kills 100 monsters

this is my idea, after every 100 enemies you kill you are forced to answer a captcha, yea get over it archers. *as an archer myself i would agree to it*

now with the captcha implemented you have 90seconds to answer it, plenty of time to either get away from a pker or monster thats attacking you.

if you fail the captcha once you get sent to bot jail for a day, and you gain 1 strike towards your EMAIL ADDRESS and every account registered under that email gets 1 strike.
fail twice and you get sent to bot jail for 3 days.
fail 3x and perma bot jail until you pay to get out.

you get strikes towards your email, not the character, so if you fail the captcha you could log onto your alt and play while the failed captcha character is stuck in bot jail.
if your email gets 3 strikes ALL of your characters are sent to bot jail.

1 strike goes away every month.
if you get 3 strikes towards your email all of your accounts are sent to bot jail permanently and you would be required to contact a GM for assistance if u truly arent a "master ring leader botter".

there should also be a reward for passing the captcha, maybe 5k silver.

there are some pros and cons for this,
pros - eliminates botting
cons - legit players suffer greatly from this while hunting/leveling

ideas to solve cons - make hunting more rewarding, 1 met is currently 1/1200 kills give or take 200 for character luck. db = 1/8million.
my suggestion would be to make mets 1/500 and db 1/5000. maybe 6000.

before you hate on the met/db rate i will say this, yes i like to play god with CO economy.

----------------------------
edit - we should also add dual captchas one in english and one in arabic, you only have to answer 1 to pass the captcha test.

the answer is zero, no bulker would change a lightbulb, he would just pay TQ to change it for him. And TQ would screw it up, trying to jam the wrong size bulb in the socket, damaging both the socket and the bulb

Last edited by kyle1234512; 09-06-2012 at 06:47.
kyle1234512 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-06-2012, 09:11   #2
*Jin*Sin*
Counter

*Jin*Sin* has a reputation beyond repute*Jin*Sin* has a reputation beyond repute*Jin*Sin* has a reputation beyond repute*Jin*Sin* has a reputation beyond repute*Jin*Sin* has a reputation beyond repute*Jin*Sin* has a reputation beyond repute*Jin*Sin* has a reputation beyond repute*Jin*Sin* has a reputation beyond repute*Jin*Sin* has a reputation beyond repute*Jin*Sin* has a reputation beyond repute*Jin*Sin* has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to *Jin*Sin* Send a message via Skype™ to *Jin*Sin*
Would be fairly annoying to legit players but probably will work.

Guild Leader of ~Shangrala~

Super-2-SDG-+12-|-5|-Phase 6 Permed-Veil
Super-2-SDG-+12-|-1|-Necklace
Super-2-SDG-+12-Phase 6 Permed-|-5|-Ring
Super-2-SDG-+12-Phase 6 Permed-|-3|-Bead
Super-2-SDG-+12-Phase 6 Permed-|-5|-Bead
Super-2-SDG-+12-Phase 6 Permed-|-5|-Coat
Super-2-SDG-+12-Phase 3 Permed-|-3|-Boots
Super-2-STHG-+8-|-1|-HeavenFan
Super-2-SGG-+8-|-1|-StarTower
Super-+7-Crop-|-1|
+12-Steed

http://i.imgur.com/M0DE3.jpg
*Jin*Sin* is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-06-2012, 10:16   #3
kekekekeee

kekekekeee is on a distinguished road
every 100 kills? that would be annoying as hell
kekekekeee is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-06-2012, 11:10   #4
kyle1234512

kyle1234512 has a reputation beyond reputekyle1234512 has a reputation beyond reputekyle1234512 has a reputation beyond reputekyle1234512 has a reputation beyond reputekyle1234512 has a reputation beyond reputekyle1234512 has a reputation beyond reputekyle1234512 has a reputation beyond reputekyle1234512 has a reputation beyond reputekyle1234512 has a reputation beyond reputekyle1234512 has a reputation beyond reputekyle1234512 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by kekekekeee View Post
every 100 kills? that would be annoying as hell
the whole point is to make it impossible, unprofitable, and annoying as hell for botters to exist. if its anymore than 100 then theyll find a way to abuse it, and 100 is for ur xp skill.

and thats also why i suggested a small compensation for each one you complete. 5k silver.... archers will easily replace their arrow money. and it should cover any repairs levelers/high levels should have.

the answer is zero, no bulker would change a lightbulb, he would just pay TQ to change it for him. And TQ would screw it up, trying to jam the wrong size bulb in the socket, damaging both the socket and the bulb
Old 09-06-2012, 11:11   #5
kyle1234512

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Jin*Sin* View Post
Would be fairly annoying to legit players but probably will work.
it would be annoying to legit players who are hunting.... pvp will remain completley unchanged, this is soley for killing monsters.

Old 09-06-2012, 21:56   #6
EvoArch
Icarus

EvoArch is on a distinguished road
Hey idiot. Superman would mean nothing. It chains around 80 kills. This captcha would suck. What do bots do to you that make you so angry

Cpt.Secksy: as of now pure wat 117 (going to 120)

icarus-arch-arch 127 (semi-active)

Evolution
Guild-Student Council
EvoArch is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-06-2012, 23:16   #7
Cowboy86

Cowboy86 has a reputation beyond reputeCowboy86 has a reputation beyond reputeCowboy86 has a reputation beyond reputeCowboy86 has a reputation beyond reputeCowboy86 has a reputation beyond reputeCowboy86 has a reputation beyond reputeCowboy86 has a reputation beyond reputeCowboy86 has a reputation beyond reputeCowboy86 has a reputation beyond reputeCowboy86 has a reputation beyond reputeCowboy86 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle1234512 View Post
this is my idea, after every 100 enemies you kill you are forced to answer a captcha, yea get over it archers. *as an archer myself i would agree to it*

now with the captcha implemented you have 90seconds to answer it, plenty of time to either get away from a pker or monster thats attacking you.

if you fail the captcha once you get sent to bot jail for a day, and you gain 1 strike towards your EMAIL ADDRESS and every account registered under that email gets 1 strike.
fail twice and you get sent to bot jail for 3 days.
fail 3x and perma bot jail until you pay to get out.

you get strikes towards your email, not the character, so if you fail the captcha you could log onto your alt and play while the failed captcha character is stuck in bot jail.
if your email gets 3 strikes ALL of your characters are sent to bot jail.

1 strike goes away every month.
if you get 3 strikes towards your email all of your accounts are sent to bot jail permanently and you would be required to contact a GM for assistance if u truly arent a "master ring leader botter".

there should also be a reward for passing the captcha, maybe 5k silver.

there are some pros and cons for this,
pros - eliminates botting
cons - legit players suffer greatly from this while hunting/leveling

ideas to solve cons - make hunting more rewarding, 1 met is currently 1/1200 kills give or take 200 for character luck. db = 1/8million.
my suggestion would be to make mets 1/500 and db 1/5000. maybe 6000.

before you hate on the met/db rate i will say this, yes i like to play god with CO economy.

----------------------------
edit - we should also add dual captchas one in english and one in arabic, you only have to answer 1 to pass the captcha test.
100? kills ur counterkill is so low its completely bias for anyone much less archers

I have to say I didn't think archers could get any worse but u sir
just proved that it could. W.o.w

and nope one of my chars has a email I would never give a crap to check.

I cant wait till they put this **** in
on front page of co itll say 'Welcome veteran archers, we have a special gift for u'

you do realize that botters would only benefit from that db rate?

Last edited by Cowboy86; 09-06-2012 at 23:23. Reason: Edit: yes so then anyone whos not english or arabic can take a free trip to bot jail
Cowboy86 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-07-2012, 01:44   #8
thehempknight
Your Ruler

thehempknight has a reputation beyond reputethehempknight has a reputation beyond reputethehempknight has a reputation beyond reputethehempknight has a reputation beyond reputethehempknight has a reputation beyond reputethehempknight has a reputation beyond reputethehempknight has a reputation beyond reputethehempknight has a reputation beyond reputethehempknight has a reputation beyond reputethehempknight has a reputation beyond reputethehempknight has a reputation beyond repute
And archers would never hunt, again.....
s
m

I hate it when it drips like that....

Official Unofficial NonMember of the BACONEERS!!!!11eleven

There's no point for democracy when ignorance is celebrated.

The saline from your tear ducts energizes my ego.
thehempknight is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-07-2012, 03:40   #9
LitasLTL

LitasLTL has a reputation beyond reputeLitasLTL has a reputation beyond reputeLitasLTL has a reputation beyond reputeLitasLTL has a reputation beyond reputeLitasLTL has a reputation beyond reputeLitasLTL has a reputation beyond reputeLitasLTL has a reputation beyond reputeLitasLTL has a reputation beyond reputeLitasLTL has a reputation beyond reputeLitasLTL has a reputation beyond reputeLitasLTL has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by thehempknight View Post
And archers would never hunt, again.....
Do they now?

Playing free to play - free to win game "count to 50 before mod posts". Rxin and trunks006 are the bestest.
LitasLTL is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-07-2012, 06:50   #10
StillHeart
Heartless

StillHeart has a reputation beyond reputeStillHeart has a reputation beyond reputeStillHeart has a reputation beyond reputeStillHeart has a reputation beyond reputeStillHeart has a reputation beyond reputeStillHeart has a reputation beyond reputeStillHeart has a reputation beyond reputeStillHeart has a reputation beyond reputeStillHeart has a reputation beyond reputeStillHeart has a reputation beyond reputeStillHeart has a reputation beyond repute
Really guys? Then you add a larger counter number for archer characters,

100 for trojans
150 for ninjas, warriors
300 for archers

Make it so during this time period the character cannot be killed, ofcourse they can't change their attack to pk or anything like that.

Second...their xp counter would freeze until they answer. And you could even gain some benefits....the more "counters" you answer the higher your luck becomes. win, win, win, win.
StillHeart is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-07-2012, 07:05   #11
kyle1234512

i superman all the time, its so freaking easy to chain if u have a single spawn to urself, i constantly get glitched for it being to high.... it would take 3-5 seconds to answer it and be rewarded with repair money. and if you noticed i also suggested a new met/db drop rate, thanks for reading the whole thing.

100kills screws over all botting, period.

archers, yea it sucks, guess what, you just found out how to make 200k cash an hour without even having to pick up silver, not to mention all the mets/dbs you would be finding.

this PROMOTES hunting. because bots wont be finding gems, bots wont be selling mets, bots wont be selling db scolls anymore, its called get off your fat A and do it yourself.

Old 09-07-2012, 16:17   #12
tupper1

tupper1 is on a distinguished road
It would be good idea for mets and dbs.

after player pickup, player have 1 minute to click on mets or dbs for captcha, reason is human player will want to spend time to save it. but bots, they want more so, they are unable to answer it.

of course after 1 minute if player does not answer captcha then mets or dbs lost.

and if they choose to drop it as not in city will be gone.

Last edited by tupper1; 09-07-2012 at 16:20.
tupper1 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-07-2012, 21:45   #13
ghfdhhdf

ghfdhhdf has a reputation beyond reputeghfdhhdf has a reputation beyond reputeghfdhhdf has a reputation beyond reputeghfdhhdf has a reputation beyond reputeghfdhhdf has a reputation beyond reputeghfdhhdf has a reputation beyond reputeghfdhhdf has a reputation beyond reputeghfdhhdf has a reputation beyond reputeghfdhhdf has a reputation beyond reputeghfdhhdf has a reputation beyond reputeghfdhhdf has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle1234512 View Post
this PROMOTES hunting. because bots wont be finding gems, bots wont be selling mets, bots wont be selling db scolls anymore, its called get off your fat A and do it yourself.
This is true. The prices of everything would skyrocket since no one would be willing to hunt for anything. Which then encourages some to start hunting.

Last edited by ghfdhhdf; 09-07-2012 at 21:49.
ghfdhhdf is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-13-2012, 05:42   #14
kyle1234512

mm k, so the biggest annoyance seems to be here is that you people cant be bothered to answer the captcha more than a few times, so how about this then.

every captcha you pass your luck increases maximum 10x luck. for finding items/mets/db's. item rates would be *around* wtih 10x luck 1/500 elite, 1/1000 super, 1/200 met, 1/6000 DB, 1/100 gem.

AND once you reach 10x luck you wouldnt be bothered again with captcha so long as you keep killing monsters. until you use a scroll, once u use a scroll ur luck stacks go away. and youll get spammed again with captcha until you reach 10stacks all over again.

i dont like this because then whats to stop a single person getting 1000kills on his own and then turning on the bot >.< so he would be botting with 10x luck which i really dont like.

i also support different amounts of enemies killed per class for hunting, the 300 kills per archer per stack is ok in my book.

and those haters that think 100kills is useless in the fight against botters, just get out, ur useless here.

Old 09-16-2012, 19:23   #15
Doc~Blaze

Doc~Blaze has a reputation beyond reputeDoc~Blaze has a reputation beyond reputeDoc~Blaze has a reputation beyond reputeDoc~Blaze has a reputation beyond reputeDoc~Blaze has a reputation beyond reputeDoc~Blaze has a reputation beyond reputeDoc~Blaze has a reputation beyond reputeDoc~Blaze has a reputation beyond reputeDoc~Blaze has a reputation beyond reputeDoc~Blaze has a reputation beyond reputeDoc~Blaze has a reputation beyond repute
I would reply yes as long as the 100kill rule does not apply to pka arena,jail,gw and ctf.
Sounds like a workable idea though.
Typhoon 130nin/130war/137 water

Guild Leader BlackListed 366bp
Doc~Blaze is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: