View Poll Results: Should we add a thief class?
Yes, this class would be awesome 3 30.00%
No 7 70.00%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-01-2012, 10:16   #16
kyle1234512

kyle1234512 has a reputation beyond reputekyle1234512 has a reputation beyond reputekyle1234512 has a reputation beyond reputekyle1234512 has a reputation beyond reputekyle1234512 has a reputation beyond reputekyle1234512 has a reputation beyond reputekyle1234512 has a reputation beyond reputekyle1234512 has a reputation beyond reputekyle1234512 has a reputation beyond reputekyle1234512 has a reputation beyond reputekyle1234512 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyThirdAccount View Post
Well, here's the thing. Daggers have low attack. 2 daggers, even lower. You'd have to be 2 socketed to do some damage to other classes.

You'd need 176 strength plus more agility in attributes while having the highest agility weps in the game.

There's no skills that complement its main objective. (RP can still help you get a melee hit, if done right, in theory)

I could just open a pirate, put a dagger along a rapier on him and he'd have much better skills. Triple plus pene, not to mention the high activation rates.

Let's ignore all of what I said above and consider just this. Monks/Pirates have triple attack whose activation rate is atleast twice of pene. Triple attack one hits, just like pene. To do a triple, I'd need 150+ agility and no strength. If I wanna make a melee hit possible even with 2 daggers, I'd need really high agility nowadays. Plus, I'll need strength just to equip them.

So even if monks/pirates don't triple, they get a melee hit. Which'll come close to killing anyone you put out there. Pene? Only when it activates. That's it. A normal melee hit sucks really hard.

And thievery is a bad skill, in all honesty. Getting gold when you're supposed to be a PvP class doesn't sound right.

This is the main thing to think about. Why would I pick your class over others? What's the good thing about it?

Just replied bcz I wanna post somewhere.
we could just rework thieves to not need str to wield a dagger, as for agility, its a useless stat, its only purpose is to prevent hp spam. aside from that with all that agility would a thief's atk rate be like .3seconds per atk anyway? put it this way, do bows give agi? and if daggers give agi i have 2 of them....
a thievs atk rate with 2 daggers would be more or less faster than an archers atk.

the real main purpose of them having to get a melee with their low atk is to get celes to proc, what is the damgage 230% when fixed? sure seems higher than rage or even nix.

a 120 dagger gives 190+ to agility (elite dagger not +), x2 = 380 + your agility is what, almost 700? that seems like a crapload more than what archers have.

the answer is zero, no bulker would change a lightbulb, he would just pay TQ to change it for him. And TQ would screw it up, trying to jam the wrong size bulb in the socket, damaging both the socket and the bulb
kyle1234512 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-01-2012, 10:35   #17
MyThirdAccount
Banned

MyThirdAccount has a reputation beyond reputeMyThirdAccount has a reputation beyond reputeMyThirdAccount has a reputation beyond reputeMyThirdAccount has a reputation beyond reputeMyThirdAccount has a reputation beyond reputeMyThirdAccount has a reputation beyond reputeMyThirdAccount has a reputation beyond reputeMyThirdAccount has a reputation beyond reputeMyThirdAccount has a reputation beyond reputeMyThirdAccount has a reputation beyond reputeMyThirdAccount has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle1234512 View Post
we could just rework thieves to not need str to wield a dagger, as for agility, its a useless stat, its only purpose is to prevent hp spam. aside from that with all that agility would a thief's atk rate be like .3seconds per atk anyway? put it this way, do bows give agi? and if daggers give agi i have 2 of them....
a thievs atk rate with 2 daggers would be more or less faster than an archers atk.

the real main purpose of them having to get a melee with their low atk is to get celes to proc, what is the damgage 230% when fixed? sure seems higher than rage or even nix.

a 120 dagger gives 190+ to agility (elite dagger not +), x2 = 380 + your agility is what, almost 700? that seems like a crapload more than what archers have.
I've tried 2 daggers on my non-rb tro, yet I still miss hits 1/2 the time. Heavy ring too.
MyThirdAccount is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-01-2012, 13:08   #18
kyle1234512

kyle1234512 has a reputation beyond reputekyle1234512 has a reputation beyond reputekyle1234512 has a reputation beyond reputekyle1234512 has a reputation beyond reputekyle1234512 has a reputation beyond reputekyle1234512 has a reputation beyond reputekyle1234512 has a reputation beyond reputekyle1234512 has a reputation beyond reputekyle1234512 has a reputation beyond reputekyle1234512 has a reputation beyond reputekyle1234512 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
I've tried 2 daggers on my non-rb tro, yet I still miss hits 1/2 the time. Heavy ring too.

well how often was celes hitting, its still 230% increased dmg. and again, just means you should add fury gems

the answer is zero, no bulker would change a lightbulb, he would just pay TQ to change it for him. And TQ would screw it up, trying to jam the wrong size bulb in the socket, damaging both the socket and the bulb
kyle1234512 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-06-2012, 01:43   #19
MyThirdAccount
Banned

MyThirdAccount has a reputation beyond reputeMyThirdAccount has a reputation beyond reputeMyThirdAccount has a reputation beyond reputeMyThirdAccount has a reputation beyond reputeMyThirdAccount has a reputation beyond reputeMyThirdAccount has a reputation beyond reputeMyThirdAccount has a reputation beyond reputeMyThirdAccount has a reputation beyond reputeMyThirdAccount has a reputation beyond reputeMyThirdAccount has a reputation beyond reputeMyThirdAccount has a reputation beyond repute
Here's the idea he had for his first class.
MyThirdAccount is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-06-2012, 05:35   #20
XShinryuX
Survivor

XShinryuX has a reputation beyond reputeXShinryuX has a reputation beyond reputeXShinryuX has a reputation beyond reputeXShinryuX has a reputation beyond reputeXShinryuX has a reputation beyond reputeXShinryuX has a reputation beyond reputeXShinryuX has a reputation beyond reputeXShinryuX has a reputation beyond reputeXShinryuX has a reputation beyond reputeXShinryuX has a reputation beyond reputeXShinryuX has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Here's the idea he had for his first class.
I derp'ed.
Srsly.
XShinryuX is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-10-2012, 12:23   #21
MGofChaos

MGofChaos has a reputation beyond reputeMGofChaos has a reputation beyond reputeMGofChaos has a reputation beyond reputeMGofChaos has a reputation beyond reputeMGofChaos has a reputation beyond reputeMGofChaos has a reputation beyond reputeMGofChaos has a reputation beyond reputeMGofChaos has a reputation beyond reputeMGofChaos has a reputation beyond reputeMGofChaos has a reputation beyond reputeMGofChaos has a reputation beyond repute
Click image for larger version

Name:	knights_in_the_nightmare_conceptart_Jexhz.png
Views:	15
Size:	147.2 KB
ID:	147789
MGofChaos is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: