Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 13 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 12-31-2014, 10:43   #16
Sanad
Lord Ruler

Sanad has a reputation beyond reputeSanad has a reputation beyond reputeSanad has a reputation beyond reputeSanad has a reputation beyond reputeSanad has a reputation beyond reputeSanad has a reputation beyond reputeSanad has a reputation beyond reputeSanad has a reputation beyond reputeSanad has a reputation beyond reputeSanad has a reputation beyond reputeSanad has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*panda*~ View Post
Topic lost some weight huh
lolll lots of weight, no reply from the mods either.
Old 12-31-2014, 11:51   #17
Weatherwax
BashShell

Weatherwax has a reputation beyond reputeWeatherwax has a reputation beyond reputeWeatherwax has a reputation beyond reputeWeatherwax has a reputation beyond reputeWeatherwax has a reputation beyond reputeWeatherwax has a reputation beyond reputeWeatherwax has a reputation beyond reputeWeatherwax has a reputation beyond reputeWeatherwax has a reputation beyond reputeWeatherwax has a reputation beyond reputeWeatherwax has a reputation beyond repute
I hope that's a monthly salary they're quoting. Here in the UK a salary is always quoted as an annual amount unless otherwise stated.

80-100 hours per month works out as 960-1200 hours per year. If that's for a salary of $1,000, that would be about $1 per hour or less.

Some of my 2nd rb Dream/Crystal characters:
_Twoflower_: Pure arch
Jeanie1: Nin-war-monk
Rat_trap: Wat-war-monk
*Gregorian* & TwoFlower: Pure monks
Draupadi: Nin-war-fire
Taoflower: Pure wat
The-Last-Resort : Tro-war-arch

Old 12-31-2014, 14:41   #18
zpotato

zpotato is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by CindyZ View Post
Work Responsibility:
Arabic version of Conquer Online Translation Work (English to Arabic)

Salary:
$1,000 or higher

Work Hours:
80-100 Hours/Month

Requirements:
>Excellent at English and Arabic, Arabic native speaker preferred.
>Has work experience as the translator preferred.
>Passionate about the translation work.
>Has a craving for games.
>Has adequate and flexible time, can hand in the translation work on time.

Translation Test: (Please translate the paragraphs below to Arabic, thanks)

Are you looking for an unusual challenge? We invite all heroes above Level 80 or reborn for `Gift Got Talent` event from Dec. 13th to Jan. 3rd. The participants will need to win approval from at least 1 judge to win a wonderful reward.
While hunting monsters during the event, you`ll have a chance to receive sugar, fruits, milk or clothes of normal, fine or perfect quality. When you make a New Year gift with them, you can swap it for Silver at me, or submit the gift at the Spirit Censer (Wind Plain 289,381) for the `Gift Got Talent` event. If your gift wins approval from at least 1 judge, you`ll be rewarded. You can join the event up to 3 times in a day.
Here comes the formula. Candy is made of sugar and milk. Stocking is made of fruit and clothes. Fruit Wine is made of fruit and sugar. You can combine two things regardless of their quality. However, using materials of different quality will get New Year gifts of different quality. Of course, the better the material, the better the result, just like, Fine + Fine = Fine, Perfect + Perfect = Perfect.

*If interested, please send us your personal resume as well as the translation test at ndarabichr@gmail.com.
IDk if u guys already selected all your translator positions but i applied just in case the job is still open
zpotato is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-01-2015, 12:28   #19
~*panda*~
Community's Choice

~*panda*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*panda*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*panda*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*panda*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*panda*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*panda*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*panda*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*panda*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*panda*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*panda*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*panda*~ has a reputation beyond repute
That's as correct as driving on the left side of the road or Americans prefering feet&inches over normal measurements.

Of course it's /month.
~*panda*~ is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-02-2015, 05:32   #20
Mortysteve!

Mortysteve! has a reputation beyond reputeMortysteve! has a reputation beyond reputeMortysteve! has a reputation beyond reputeMortysteve! has a reputation beyond reputeMortysteve! has a reputation beyond reputeMortysteve! has a reputation beyond reputeMortysteve! has a reputation beyond reputeMortysteve! has a reputation beyond reputeMortysteve! has a reputation beyond reputeMortysteve! has a reputation beyond reputeMortysteve! has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*panda*~ View Post
That's as correct as driving on the left side of the road or Americans prefering feet&inches over normal measurements.

Of course it's /month.
How is it? I've never seen a salary listed as anything but yearly, unless explicitly specified. I even just went through a few US websites and they're the same.
Old 01-02-2015, 09:08   #21
~*panda*~
Community's Choice

~*panda*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*panda*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*panda*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*panda*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*panda*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*panda*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*panda*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*panda*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*panda*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*panda*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*panda*~ has a reputation beyond repute
It's usually written in monthly in Belgium. The job offer does have some flaws so I see how that's open for debate, but $1000 yearly is slave labor even for China haha.

I may be wrong but I think this job isn't for longer than a month. They wrote it differently before but it confused people because they thought it was 80-100 hours a week. What they really mean is that this job will only take about 80-100 hours and they're paying $1000 for it. Most likely because they have a backlog when it comes to Arabic translations and their current Arabic employees can't keep up. Once the backlog is gone, they won't need the person they recruited anymore, thus a temp contract. I'm just ranting what I really want to say is morty can I still have your babies. Only if you're the real morty of course.
Old 01-02-2015, 09:34   #22
Mortysteve!

Mortysteve! has a reputation beyond reputeMortysteve! has a reputation beyond reputeMortysteve! has a reputation beyond reputeMortysteve! has a reputation beyond reputeMortysteve! has a reputation beyond reputeMortysteve! has a reputation beyond reputeMortysteve! has a reputation beyond reputeMortysteve! has a reputation beyond reputeMortysteve! has a reputation beyond reputeMortysteve! has a reputation beyond reputeMortysteve! has a reputation beyond repute
Well, not all jobs are paid monthly here, so it's become standard to list annual salary to avoid any ambiguity or confusion (e.g., a job could be paid 4-weekly, which translates to 13 payments - as opposed to 12 for monthly).

Yeah, I think you're obviously right. Why they're advertising on this forum I don't know, because it's not hard to find translators elsewhere. There're tonnes of companies who will out-source that **** for you.

Chyeah boi, we can have babies.
Old 01-02-2015, 09:36   #23
~*panda*~
Community's Choice

Probably because finding 'em on the forums is cheaper labour.
Old 01-02-2015, 09:42   #24
Mortysteve!

Roughly minimum wage in UK, assuming you do 100 hours - although obviously 100 hours is their estimate, and they won't pay extra if it takes you longer (and I expect that it will).
Old 01-02-2015, 11:52   #25
~Ahmed~

~Ahmed~ has a reputation beyond repute~Ahmed~ has a reputation beyond repute~Ahmed~ has a reputation beyond repute~Ahmed~ has a reputation beyond repute~Ahmed~ has a reputation beyond repute~Ahmed~ has a reputation beyond repute~Ahmed~ has a reputation beyond repute~Ahmed~ has a reputation beyond repute~Ahmed~ has a reputation beyond repute~Ahmed~ has a reputation beyond repute~Ahmed~ has a reputation beyond repute
This is all moot if mods aren't overseeing this topic.
Old 01-03-2015, 11:14   #26
Weatherwax
BashShell

Weatherwax has a reputation beyond reputeWeatherwax has a reputation beyond reputeWeatherwax has a reputation beyond reputeWeatherwax has a reputation beyond reputeWeatherwax has a reputation beyond reputeWeatherwax has a reputation beyond reputeWeatherwax has a reputation beyond reputeWeatherwax has a reputation beyond reputeWeatherwax has a reputation beyond reputeWeatherwax has a reputation beyond reputeWeatherwax has a reputation beyond repute
It doesn't mean they aren't looking if they don't answer.

One reason for them to look on here is that people are likely to be at least a bit familiar with the game, and give a better translation of game-related text.

The thing is that the job can be done by someone anywhere in the world, so long as they have access to the internet. Help Desk jobs for a lot of companies have been moved from the UK to places in Asia where labour is cheap, so the wage they offer might not necessarily compare to minimum wages in the UK, the USA, Belgium, Australia etc..

$1,000 is almost certainly the wage for a month. I'm just saying that it's worth making sure if you apply for the job.

Some of my 2nd rb Dream/Crystal characters:
_Twoflower_: Pure arch
Jeanie1: Nin-war-monk
Rat_trap: Wat-war-monk
*Gregorian* & TwoFlower: Pure monks
Draupadi: Nin-war-fire
Taoflower: Pure wat
The-Last-Resort : Tro-war-arch

Old 01-03-2015, 12:04   #27
~Ahmed~

~Ahmed~ has a reputation beyond repute~Ahmed~ has a reputation beyond repute~Ahmed~ has a reputation beyond repute~Ahmed~ has a reputation beyond repute~Ahmed~ has a reputation beyond repute~Ahmed~ has a reputation beyond repute~Ahmed~ has a reputation beyond repute~Ahmed~ has a reputation beyond repute~Ahmed~ has a reputation beyond repute~Ahmed~ has a reputation beyond repute~Ahmed~ has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weatherwax View Post
It doesn't mean they aren't looking if they don't answer.

One reason for them to look on here is that people are likely to be at least a bit familiar with the game, and give a better translation of game-related text.

The thing is that the job can be done by someone anywhere in the world, so long as they have access to the internet. Help Desk jobs for a lot of companies have been moved from the UK to places in Asia where labour is cheap, so the wage they offer might not necessarily compare to minimum wages in the UK, the USA, Belgium, Australia etc..

$1,000 is almost certainly the wage for a month. I'm just saying that it's worth making sure if you apply for the job.
It's only an issue if you think so deep into it. It's simple, 4 hours a day for a whole month is $1000.

My guess is that reviewing applicants is on hold during holidays.
Old 01-03-2015, 14:00   #28
Mortysteve!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Ahmed~ View Post
It's only an issue if you think so deep into it. It's simple, 4 hours a day for a whole month is $1000.

My guess is that reviewing applicants is on hold during holidays.
I guarantee you will end up doing more than 4 hours a day.

Look at transcribing jobs. They will advertise it as, for example, 10 per hour, saying you will earn 1000 per month for 100 hours of work done. However, you'll then find later in the fine-print, it will require you to do X amount of work with their estimation being that it will take X amount of hours. That is, you get paid 10 per hour, assuming you can complete the work in the given time, but if it takes you longer, you don't get paid extra, and if you don't finish it, you don't get paid.

Unless someone wants to correct me and confirm otherwise.
Old 01-03-2015, 14:05   #29
~Ahmed~

I don't think translation work is that complicated.
Old 01-04-2015, 08:09   #30
Mortysteve!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Ahmed~ View Post
I don't think translation work is that complicated.
Neither is transcribing. People obviously differ in the rate at which they can translate things - this is why you offer a blanket sum and a set amount of work. This leads to a theoretical X per hour, which is usually exaggerated.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: