Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 12-30-2014, 09:22   #1
Weatherwax
BashShell

Weatherwax has a reputation beyond reputeWeatherwax has a reputation beyond reputeWeatherwax has a reputation beyond reputeWeatherwax has a reputation beyond reputeWeatherwax has a reputation beyond reputeWeatherwax has a reputation beyond reputeWeatherwax has a reputation beyond reputeWeatherwax has a reputation beyond reputeWeatherwax has a reputation beyond reputeWeatherwax has a reputation beyond reputeWeatherwax has a reputation beyond repute
CO and Windows 8

It looks as though I'll have to buy a new PC and these days the MS Windows ones aren't supposed to be sold with any operating system earlier than Windows 8.

My search for CO system requirements came up with a page saying I need Windows 2000, Windows XP or Windows Vista, though it was running well using Windows 7. What's the situation with running CO using Windows 8 these days, please?

Some of my 2nd rb Dream/Crystal characters:
_Twoflower_: Pure arch
Jeanie1: Nin-war-monk
Rat_trap: Wat-war-monk
*Gregorian* & TwoFlower: Pure monks
Draupadi: Nin-war-fire
Taoflower: Pure wat
The-Last-Resort : Tro-war-arch

Old 12-30-2014, 09:28   #2
The last stick
Stickman

The last stick has a reputation beyond reputeThe last stick has a reputation beyond reputeThe last stick has a reputation beyond reputeThe last stick has a reputation beyond reputeThe last stick has a reputation beyond reputeThe last stick has a reputation beyond reputeThe last stick has a reputation beyond reputeThe last stick has a reputation beyond reputeThe last stick has a reputation beyond reputeThe last stick has a reputation beyond reputeThe last stick has a reputation beyond repute
They dont update the site often but it works with windows 8.
The last stick is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 12-30-2014, 09:30   #3
Weatherwax
BashShell

Weatherwax has a reputation beyond reputeWeatherwax has a reputation beyond reputeWeatherwax has a reputation beyond reputeWeatherwax has a reputation beyond reputeWeatherwax has a reputation beyond reputeWeatherwax has a reputation beyond reputeWeatherwax has a reputation beyond reputeWeatherwax has a reputation beyond reputeWeatherwax has a reputation beyond reputeWeatherwax has a reputation beyond reputeWeatherwax has a reputation beyond repute
Thank you! That'll make it much easier to pick a new pc.

Old 12-30-2014, 09:34   #4
The last stick
Stickman

The last stick has a reputation beyond reputeThe last stick has a reputation beyond reputeThe last stick has a reputation beyond reputeThe last stick has a reputation beyond reputeThe last stick has a reputation beyond reputeThe last stick has a reputation beyond reputeThe last stick has a reputation beyond reputeThe last stick has a reputation beyond reputeThe last stick has a reputation beyond reputeThe last stick has a reputation beyond reputeThe last stick has a reputation beyond repute
Make sure it says 8.1 tho, windows 8 vanilla has a lot of problems.
The last stick is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 12-30-2014, 12:33   #5
mikemartin
bipolar

mikemartin has a reputation beyond reputemikemartin has a reputation beyond reputemikemartin has a reputation beyond reputemikemartin has a reputation beyond reputemikemartin has a reputation beyond reputemikemartin has a reputation beyond reputemikemartin has a reputation beyond reputemikemartin has a reputation beyond reputemikemartin has a reputation beyond reputemikemartin has a reputation beyond reputemikemartin has a reputation beyond repute
win 8.1 will be free if you end up with a pc that just has 8 no worries

then make sure you download start8 or buy it for the $5 or whatever, totally worth it

Last edited by mikemartin; 12-30-2014 at 12:35.
mikemartin is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 12-30-2014, 18:27   #6
pangsepyon
GodofDeath

pangsepyon has a reputation beyond reputepangsepyon has a reputation beyond reputepangsepyon has a reputation beyond reputepangsepyon has a reputation beyond reputepangsepyon has a reputation beyond reputepangsepyon has a reputation beyond reputepangsepyon has a reputation beyond reputepangsepyon has a reputation beyond reputepangsepyon has a reputation beyond reputepangsepyon has a reputation beyond reputepangsepyon has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemartin View Post

then make sure you download start8 or buy it for the $5 or whatever, totally worth it
OMG!! thanks for sharing about start8.... its so irritating using the original...

Water - War - Arch = ShadowClover (140)
Pure Dragon Warrior= BlackClover (140)

I Hate U; U hate me; We are Angry Enemies. And one big punch, and a flying kick from me; Wun u say u hate me too!!
pangsepyon is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 12-31-2014, 10:32   #7
Weatherwax
BashShell

Quote:

Thanks, when I've managed to pick a PC I'll bear that in mind.

Has anyone tried playing using a Intel Core i5-4460 Processor and no graphics card, please? My friend reckons I probably don't need a graphics card to play CO with an i5.

Old 01-01-2015, 12:01   #8
RED*ASS

RED*ASS is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weatherwax View Post
Thanks, when I've managed to pick a PC I'll bear that in mind.

Has anyone tried playing using a Intel Core i5-4460 Processor and no graphics card, please? My friend reckons I probably don't need a graphics card to play CO with an i5.

Thats gonna be lag as much I think.
Old 01-02-2015, 16:53   #9
mikemartin
bipolar

mikemartin has a reputation beyond reputemikemartin has a reputation beyond reputemikemartin has a reputation beyond reputemikemartin has a reputation beyond reputemikemartin has a reputation beyond reputemikemartin has a reputation beyond reputemikemartin has a reputation beyond reputemikemartin has a reputation beyond reputemikemartin has a reputation beyond reputemikemartin has a reputation beyond reputemikemartin has a reputation beyond repute
well its going to have some kindof video processing, the i5 will let you run like 1 nice client or 3 laggy clients most likely. and ill assume the video memory will be shared from your normal ram. do yourself a favor and get a laptop or whatever your getting with ANYTHING with an actual video card in it or youll just hate yourself.

as for the windows 8.1 guys that didnt know that its free. the regular windows 8 system will randomly have a popup on boot suggesting you download win 8.1 for free. if you want to force it for free search online on how to do it manually or maybe its just under windows updates?
Old 01-03-2015, 01:00   #10
Hesh

Hesh is on a distinguished road
if you going to use windows 8 you have to update it from the store to 8.1
that's will make CO better than before
Hesh is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-03-2015, 11:28   #11
Weatherwax
BashShell

Quote:
Originally Posted by RED*ASS View Post
Thats gonna be lag as much I think.
Quote:
well its going to have some kindof video processing, the i5 will let you run like 1 nice client or 3 laggy clients most likely. and ill assume the video memory will be shared from your normal ram. do yourself a favor and get a laptop or whatever your getting with ANYTHING with an actual video card in it or youll just hate yourself.

as for the windows 8.1 guys that didnt know that its free. the regular windows 8 system will randomly have a popup on boot suggesting you download win 8.1 for free. if you want to force it for free search online on how to do it manually or maybe its just under windows updates?
Unfortunately, too late! But thanks anyway. The pc arrived today and I'm about to start trying to set it up.

If I played CO all the time as I used to, or if I were still working and earning decent money then, yes, it would be worth spending a few hundred extra. If it's really too horrible to use, this should have room to put in a graphics card.

Old 01-03-2015, 11:44   #12
Mortysteve!

Mortysteve! has a reputation beyond reputeMortysteve! has a reputation beyond reputeMortysteve! has a reputation beyond reputeMortysteve! has a reputation beyond reputeMortysteve! has a reputation beyond reputeMortysteve! has a reputation beyond reputeMortysteve! has a reputation beyond reputeMortysteve! has a reputation beyond reputeMortysteve! has a reputation beyond reputeMortysteve! has a reputation beyond reputeMortysteve! has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weatherwax View Post
Unfortunately, too late! But thanks anyway. The pc arrived today and I'm about to start trying to set it up.

If I played CO all the time as I used to, or if I were still working and earning decent money then, yes, it would be worth spending a few hundred extra. If it's really too horrible to use, this should have room to put in a graphics card.
It'll work fine on an integrated graphics card.
Old 01-03-2015, 12:00   #13
Deathclaw
Soon™

Deathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:

Stop with spreading bs. The game is 10 years old. Of course it works with an i5 with only the integrated graphic unit.
Let the hate flow through you.
Computer Scientist
Deathclaw is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-06-2015, 02:25   #14
Betrayer
1+1=4

Betrayer has a reputation beyond reputeBetrayer has a reputation beyond reputeBetrayer has a reputation beyond reputeBetrayer has a reputation beyond reputeBetrayer has a reputation beyond reputeBetrayer has a reputation beyond reputeBetrayer has a reputation beyond reputeBetrayer has a reputation beyond reputeBetrayer has a reputation beyond reputeBetrayer has a reputation beyond reputeBetrayer has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathclaw View Post
Stop with spreading bs. The game is 10 years old. Of course it works with an i5 with only the integrated graphic unit.
you're stupid

to op: make sure you disable hyper v on 8.1 in case you have visual studio with windows phone developing sdk, otherwise game won't start.
Betrayer is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-23-2015, 05:34   #15
Weatherwax
BashShell

Thank you, all. So far it seems to be working fine on Windows 8.1 with an integrated graphics card.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: