Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 04-03-2014, 16:24   #1
CommonSyn

CommonSyn has a reputation beyond reputeCommonSyn has a reputation beyond reputeCommonSyn has a reputation beyond reputeCommonSyn has a reputation beyond reputeCommonSyn has a reputation beyond reputeCommonSyn has a reputation beyond reputeCommonSyn has a reputation beyond reputeCommonSyn has a reputation beyond reputeCommonSyn has a reputation beyond reputeCommonSyn has a reputation beyond reputeCommonSyn has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to CommonSyn
Tao Build and Questions

I'm just wondering about some builds about taos and taos in general with some questions about damage.

What are the other tao builds besides a STG fire tao and water tao?

Why doesn't anyone use SPGs anymore? Is it just because of the survivability aspect?

Whats the maximum amount of m attack one can get with perfect everything? Also whats the highest m attack right now?

I played during a time where both fire taos and water taos heavily relied on the Super Phoenix gem about 03-05 and if you didn't have spgs you were doing it wrong, this was before when the STG came out, And I do remember when they first came out.

I myself will most likely use SPGs because I believe fires should be a all out attack force like they were made to be back in the day. I don't mind dying a lot and I find it more fun to be a magical damage dealer than a physical type damage dealer if I wanted to be a melee class I would of been. Plus I do SPGs because I myself believe its fun.

What should my Chi and Jiang look like?

What is about average for a fire tao now a days? Before it was super +4 with 3 sockets the 2 in the backsword and the 1 in the robe from the promotion.

Right now I have 22k M attack with full 1 socket with one 2 socket brace and Backsword. I have Elite +5 1 sock Cap, Bag, Gown. And 1 sock super +6 boots. +6 Crop, Fan and Tower with super gems 2 sock. 45% Pen, I'll have to wait until I get back to 135 to see the rest of my stats.

Focusing on: Immunity, M-Strike, Max Hp, M-Attack for chi.

Jiang: Stages 1,3,4,7,8 are all M-Attack, 5,9 are Max HP, The rest aren't finished yet

Why or why not shouldn't a magical based tao use or not use Break?

Also does anyone have the damage formula for magic damage if its different from physical damage? I want to see how much SPGs really add on to the attack and how it does it. Reason why I ask is because There's a fire on my server who has 25k M-Attack and does less damage than I do on monsters in the sea of death when I had 20k M-Attack, with 105% SPG M-Attack.

Started playing originally at the end of 03 start of 04 under the name Midnight.
CommonSyn is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 04-03-2014, 16:41   #2
UCANTSEEMEE
Buckets

UCANTSEEMEE has a reputation beyond reputeUCANTSEEMEE has a reputation beyond reputeUCANTSEEMEE has a reputation beyond reputeUCANTSEEMEE has a reputation beyond reputeUCANTSEEMEE has a reputation beyond reputeUCANTSEEMEE has a reputation beyond reputeUCANTSEEMEE has a reputation beyond reputeUCANTSEEMEE has a reputation beyond reputeUCANTSEEMEE has a reputation beyond reputeUCANTSEEMEE has a reputation beyond reputeUCANTSEEMEE has a reputation beyond repute
spg fire taos turned into assassins. either stay tao and go stg ...or go to assassin(because they both right click).

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinks View Post
Arguing who's the most skillful pirate lol. Whats next, most skillful Assassin? or maybe even Fire tao.
^ sums up co pretty much
UCANTSEEMEE is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 04-03-2014, 18:04   #3
HEARMERAWR!!

HEARMERAWR!! has a reputation beyond reputeHEARMERAWR!! has a reputation beyond reputeHEARMERAWR!! has a reputation beyond reputeHEARMERAWR!! has a reputation beyond reputeHEARMERAWR!! has a reputation beyond reputeHEARMERAWR!! has a reputation beyond reputeHEARMERAWR!! has a reputation beyond reputeHEARMERAWR!! has a reputation beyond reputeHEARMERAWR!! has a reputation beyond reputeHEARMERAWR!! has a reputation beyond reputeHEARMERAWR!! has a reputation beyond repute
Well if your not gonna go stgs your prob gonna die 1 hit, whether it be by crit or not so imo the immunity is useless.

In chi if i was all out dmg i would go: m attack, m strike, +final m attack, max hp.

In jiang you can do two things.

1.) stage 5 and 9 hp, 2 and 6 m strike, rest m attack
OR if you wanna be super glass cannon go
2.) stage 1,3,4,7,8 m attack 2,5,6,9 m strike. you'll die fast but if want to deal a ton of dmg thats prob the best way. Or you can skip m strike and just go all out m attack/+final m attack. w.e floats your boat.

Point being if your not going stgs defensive stats are pretty much useless, only reason i put some HP in chi is cause there is no better alternative.

Hope this helps

Cinderella->Snow white ->Hanging Gardens->Emerald->Snow white

HEARMERAWR!! 130-130-140 pure monk.
HEARMERAWR!! is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 04-03-2014, 18:07   #4
HEARMERAWR!!

HEARMERAWR!! has a reputation beyond reputeHEARMERAWR!! has a reputation beyond reputeHEARMERAWR!! has a reputation beyond reputeHEARMERAWR!! has a reputation beyond reputeHEARMERAWR!! has a reputation beyond reputeHEARMERAWR!! has a reputation beyond reputeHEARMERAWR!! has a reputation beyond reputeHEARMERAWR!! has a reputation beyond reputeHEARMERAWR!! has a reputation beyond reputeHEARMERAWR!! has a reputation beyond reputeHEARMERAWR!! has a reputation beyond repute
Also break isnt that big of a deal with fire's because even though their damage gets reduced by BP it isnt like with melee classes. For example if i dont bt someone i hit like 9k when i bt i hit around 36-38k,

If you were a fire you might get an extra 2k but its not really worth using break and giving up pene/crit or w.e you have to sacrifice. You do more when you focus on other aspects.

STG'S are used because of the outrageous dmg people do on tao's w/o stgs. So yes for survivablity.

Perfect m attack with 9 stages of Jiang is 61,661.

Average gear for any class is full two soc, at least +6 and all blessed gear. that would be the minumum, if your a fire +12 bs is necessary imo.

I dont know about damage calculators, all of them are outdated that i know of. CO damage is so rediculous now its hard to keep up with calculating it.

Last edited by HEARMERAWR!!; 04-03-2014 at 18:15. Reason: added some extra answers
Old 04-03-2014, 18:14   #5
ghfdhhdf

ghfdhhdf has a reputation beyond reputeghfdhhdf has a reputation beyond reputeghfdhhdf has a reputation beyond reputeghfdhhdf has a reputation beyond reputeghfdhhdf has a reputation beyond reputeghfdhhdf has a reputation beyond reputeghfdhhdf has a reputation beyond reputeghfdhhdf has a reputation beyond reputeghfdhhdf has a reputation beyond reputeghfdhhdf has a reputation beyond reputeghfdhhdf has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by UCANTSEEMEE View Post
spg fire taos turned into assassins. either stay tao and go stg ...or go to assassin(because they both right click).
Assassin is way better than non-stg fire, since at least they have a **** ton of hp from knives to stay alive easier.
ghfdhhdf is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 04-03-2014, 18:23   #6
CommonSyn

CommonSyn has a reputation beyond reputeCommonSyn has a reputation beyond reputeCommonSyn has a reputation beyond reputeCommonSyn has a reputation beyond reputeCommonSyn has a reputation beyond reputeCommonSyn has a reputation beyond reputeCommonSyn has a reputation beyond reputeCommonSyn has a reputation beyond reputeCommonSyn has a reputation beyond reputeCommonSyn has a reputation beyond reputeCommonSyn has a reputation beyond repute
Just wondering whats the average m attack now?

Started playing originally at the end of 03 start of 04 under the name Midnight.
Old 04-03-2014, 18:27   #7
HEARMERAWR!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CommonSyn View Post
Just wondering whats the average m attack now?
Depends on your gear, the good fires have over 30k m attack.

Guess more average would be in the 20k's, also a lot of people use +final m attack because its better when you don't have SPG's to scale your m attack with so its hard to have an average.

Old 04-03-2014, 18:47   #8
CommonSyn

How hard do you think it would be to get 30k or over for m attack? I want to get good m attack lol

Old 04-03-2014, 19:08   #9
HEARMERAWR!!

Quote:
How hard do you think it would be to get 30k or over for m attack? I want to get good m attack lol
Depends on your gear

Old 04-03-2014, 19:52   #10
awakening

awakening has a reputation beyond reputeawakening has a reputation beyond reputeawakening has a reputation beyond reputeawakening has a reputation beyond reputeawakening has a reputation beyond reputeawakening has a reputation beyond reputeawakening has a reputation beyond reputeawakening has a reputation beyond reputeawakening has a reputation beyond reputeawakening has a reputation beyond reputeawakening has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by HEARMERAWR!! View Post
Depends on your gear
Wrong, depends on jian and chi as well.
awakening is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 04-04-2014, 00:09   #11
Chrønick
Übermensch

Chrønick is on a distinguished road
Try doing STG and using this build, I know you said you want to use SPG but you won't last versus a STG build, Pirate, Assassin, Monk, Trojan, even Warrior.

If you do all chi at least rare purple stats

Chi:
Max HP
M-Attack
Immunity
final p-dmg

That's about 8,800 M-Attack already. The Immunity stops CT against you, and the final p-dmg IMO is better than M-Strike (most people use immunity) and better than Anti-Break (with STG full -7 no one can one hit you anyway save a triple). The final p-dmg works like your Tower and takes away from the final damage you are dealt.

With Jiang like this

Stage 1: M-Attack
Stage 2: Immunity
Stage 3: M-Attack
Stage 4: M-Attack
Stage 5: Max HP
Stage 6: Immunity
Stage 7: M-Attack
Stage 8: M-Attack
Stage 9: Max HP

With Grade 13, again at least all purple

You gain 10,800 M-Attack

No gear your M-Attack is 19,600.

Now assuming all your gear is +12 Ph6
Bracelet: +2,303
Robe: +886
Backsword: +6,443
Bag: +414
Cap: +785

M-Attack (without even 1 epic or ultra stat in Jiang) 30,431

Quote:
30,431 without SPG
Don't use SPG.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chomps View Post
Uh, I still have my anal virginity *cough*
Chrønick is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 04-04-2014, 04:32   #12
XShinryuX
Survivor

XShinryuX has a reputation beyond reputeXShinryuX has a reputation beyond reputeXShinryuX has a reputation beyond reputeXShinryuX has a reputation beyond reputeXShinryuX has a reputation beyond reputeXShinryuX has a reputation beyond reputeXShinryuX has a reputation beyond reputeXShinryuX has a reputation beyond reputeXShinryuX has a reputation beyond reputeXShinryuX has a reputation beyond reputeXShinryuX has a reputation beyond repute
People who suggest not to use SPG, haven't seen a SPG Fire tao in action I believe.
Well, I will keep that info to myself.

@OP
I would like to say, if you actually succeed in a SPG +12 Fire.
Just imagine everything dieing left and right to you.
But still, it not going to kill King or fellow full +12.
But anything below your BP, is under your mercy.
XShinryuX is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 04-04-2014, 07:24   #13
lipase

lipase has a reputation beyond reputelipase has a reputation beyond reputelipase has a reputation beyond reputelipase has a reputation beyond reputelipase has a reputation beyond reputelipase has a reputation beyond reputelipase has a reputation beyond reputelipase has a reputation beyond reputelipase has a reputation beyond reputelipase has a reputation beyond reputelipase has a reputation beyond repute
Why do people play fire?????

Quote:
Originally Posted by bahana View Post
just wanted to say I like your name....

back to my hole...
Quote:
Originally Posted by trunks006 View Post
Rxin, please
lipase is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 04-04-2014, 08:04   #14
XShinryuX
Survivor

XShinryuX has a reputation beyond reputeXShinryuX has a reputation beyond reputeXShinryuX has a reputation beyond reputeXShinryuX has a reputation beyond reputeXShinryuX has a reputation beyond reputeXShinryuX has a reputation beyond reputeXShinryuX has a reputation beyond reputeXShinryuX has a reputation beyond reputeXShinryuX has a reputation beyond reputeXShinryuX has a reputation beyond reputeXShinryuX has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by lipase View Post
Because it is easy to play ?
Gear is cheap ?
Great range and all you need to do is pots ?
Easy to rack point in event ?
Noob killer that doesn't require stamina ?

Idk, what other reason you still seek beside of the obvious...
XShinryuX is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 04-04-2014, 08:24   #15
LitasLTL

LitasLTL has a reputation beyond reputeLitasLTL has a reputation beyond reputeLitasLTL has a reputation beyond reputeLitasLTL has a reputation beyond reputeLitasLTL has a reputation beyond reputeLitasLTL has a reputation beyond reputeLitasLTL has a reputation beyond reputeLitasLTL has a reputation beyond reputeLitasLTL has a reputation beyond reputeLitasLTL has a reputation beyond reputeLitasLTL has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by lipase View Post
Ask assasssin who he is out of stamina.

Playing free to play - free to win game "count to 50 before mod posts". Rxin and trunks006 are the bestest.
LitasLTL is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: