View Poll Results: make mortal wound a PURE SKILL
yes 13 56.52%
no 10 43.48%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-20-2014, 01:21   #1
Mysticoz

Mysticoz is on a distinguished road
rethink assassins.

yes its another thread again, but after returning to this game from a 3 yr break they completely BS to wreck a game.

1 skill that 1 hits anyone if chi is invested in ONLY.
1 skill that gives 500% bonus DMG, WTF no skill in any game should have this power
1 class that can have stig reflect and 1 hit everyone is completely overpowered.

SO, my suggestion is MAKE MORTAL WOUND A PURE SKILL ONLY. its a little change which will even up the balance a bit. means no reflect and stig but gives OTHER CLASSES A CHANCE to kill them.
Mysticoz is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-20-2014, 07:13   #2
Promethean

Promethean has a reputation beyond reputePromethean has a reputation beyond reputePromethean has a reputation beyond reputePromethean has a reputation beyond reputePromethean has a reputation beyond reputePromethean has a reputation beyond reputePromethean has a reputation beyond reputePromethean has a reputation beyond reputePromethean has a reputation beyond reputePromethean has a reputation beyond reputePromethean has a reputation beyond repute
Voted no. I'm not an assassin. No need to say anything further.
Old 02-21-2014, 07:53   #3
XShinryuX
Survivor

XShinryuX has a reputation beyond reputeXShinryuX has a reputation beyond reputeXShinryuX has a reputation beyond reputeXShinryuX has a reputation beyond reputeXShinryuX has a reputation beyond reputeXShinryuX has a reputation beyond reputeXShinryuX has a reputation beyond reputeXShinryuX has a reputation beyond reputeXShinryuX has a reputation beyond reputeXShinryuX has a reputation beyond reputeXShinryuX has a reputation beyond repute
lol, someone is making joke on Assassin.
The only OP and worth mentioning things of Assassin is MW stun.
Nothing else.
XShinryuX is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-21-2014, 12:43   #4
Ayamee
[Yar~!.]

Ayamee has a reputation beyond reputeAyamee has a reputation beyond reputeAyamee has a reputation beyond reputeAyamee has a reputation beyond reputeAyamee has a reputation beyond reputeAyamee has a reputation beyond reputeAyamee has a reputation beyond reputeAyamee has a reputation beyond reputeAyamee has a reputation beyond reputeAyamee has a reputation beyond reputeAyamee has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Ayamee Send a message via MSN to Ayamee Send a message via Yahoo to Ayamee
As an archer, and someone who walks the path of shadow from time to time, I have to agree.
They're a little overpowered.
But it's not the damage, or the 500% attack bonus of mortal wound that bothers me.
It's the stun, and the fact that one can, pretty well, stack shots.
Getting 8 hits for 1,000 each is fine with me. But give me a chance to respond before you hit me 3 more times with it.

My opinion, is to take the stun away and maybe add a little hair of a second delay between uses.
Can't stack rapid fires or scatters, why should you be able to stack mortal wound?
Dreams/Eternity:
Ayamee [130/130/135 A/A/A]
----+----+----+----+----+----+----
I'm an Archer.

Guild Wars 2
Fort Aspenwood server.
AngelDiscarnate.5489/Jason Goes Mental
I spend equal time crafting, WvW-ing, and sitting around doing shat all.
The life of a level 80 Mesmer.
Ayamee is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-26-2014, 12:49   #5
Roefl

Roefl is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayamee View Post
As an archer, and someone who walks the path of shadow from time to time, I have to agree.
They're a little overpowered.
But it's not the damage, or the 500% attack bonus of mortal wound that bothers me.
It's the stun, and the fact that one can, pretty well, stack shots.
Getting 8 hits for 1,000 each is fine with me. But give me a chance to respond before you hit me 3 more times with it.

My opinion, is to take the stun away and maybe add a little hair of a second delay between uses.
Can't stack rapid fires or scatters, why should you be able to stack mortal wound?
I'm pretty sure the stun is hardcoded somewhere back in the CO files, cause the stun happens for every class for the same duration, the only difference is that the assasin hit much more often than any other class. But on topic, I very much dislike assasins too but a bit of Immunity or anti-break solves the dmg.
Roefl is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-03-2014, 19:36   #6
Mysticoz

Mysticoz is on a distinguished road
all the "stun" is, is the on hit effect animation. if that was reduced or removed then it would be more fair.
Mysticoz is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-04-2014, 13:21   #7
krizz.
Allah died

krizz. has a reputation beyond reputekrizz. has a reputation beyond reputekrizz. has a reputation beyond reputekrizz. has a reputation beyond reputekrizz. has a reputation beyond reputekrizz. has a reputation beyond reputekrizz. has a reputation beyond reputekrizz. has a reputation beyond reputekrizz. has a reputation beyond reputekrizz. has a reputation beyond reputekrizz. has a reputation beyond repute
500% isn't that great. If they crit/bt it hurts, but then your chi/jiang is crap so just improve it.
If they 1hit you and have more BP wtf are you complaining about?

Simple answer = BT. Sorted.

edit: get rid of stun or make it take full stam and it would be a much bigger improvement.

edit...nevermind
Glory Jun '05 - Aug '10

In response to anyone trying to talk back to me:

- I FB, fb is easy, get over it.
- I've played 2 archers, 2 ninjas, 2 trojans, 3 fires, 2 waters, 2 warriors
- My highest BP has been 315 out of 365 without mentor or clan or crap like that
- I've been playing since April 2005
- I paypal
- I use a warrior now instead of my pure ninja
- I'm racist, get over it.
krizz. is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-10-2014, 10:35   #8
dmize
Banned

dmize is on a distinguished road
I have 2+ golds on every chi. 180 break. 18.4k attack and 32k HP at 98. my assassin does NOT 1 hit any decent monk, pirate, or Tao because I dont have crit yet. I can break on anyone. Its not actually 500% damage or they WOULD BE OP. I hit 25-30k on everyone with break. Full 2soc. not many people have 11 gold/orange chi. assassin really isnt even about gear. Its about break/crit/hp. Everyone fails at ninja so another break class came out. The op stun holds the assassin almost as long as the player hit by mw. Immunity and HP are what people should complain about.

**** assassins>**** anything else
Good assassins<good anything else
dmize is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-11-2014, 01:12   #9
ghfdhhdf

ghfdhhdf has a reputation beyond reputeghfdhhdf has a reputation beyond reputeghfdhhdf has a reputation beyond reputeghfdhhdf has a reputation beyond reputeghfdhhdf has a reputation beyond reputeghfdhhdf has a reputation beyond reputeghfdhhdf has a reputation beyond reputeghfdhhdf has a reputation beyond reputeghfdhhdf has a reputation beyond reputeghfdhhdf has a reputation beyond reputeghfdhhdf has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmize View Post
Its not actually 500% damage or they WOULD BE OP.
Yes it is. 500% damage when normal hits do 2k isn't op at all. It's actually pretty weak.
ghfdhhdf is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-27-2014, 17:56   #10
dmize
Banned

dmize is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghfdhhdf View Post
Yes it is. 500% damage when normal hits do 2k isn't op at all. It's actually pretty weak.
Thanks for clarifying. There are more multipliers than we know about. It's not a true melee class at all. Ninja doing 500% would be OP. There are some weird codes surrounding assassin use, i.e. stigma being more effective on assassins, sdgs seemingly less effective, attack is calculated to damage differently. I'm not the math whiz to do it, but somebody should calculate the actual damage rates.
dmize is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-27-2014, 18:01   #11
HEARMERAWR!!

HEARMERAWR!! has a reputation beyond reputeHEARMERAWR!! has a reputation beyond reputeHEARMERAWR!! has a reputation beyond reputeHEARMERAWR!! has a reputation beyond reputeHEARMERAWR!! has a reputation beyond reputeHEARMERAWR!! has a reputation beyond reputeHEARMERAWR!! has a reputation beyond reputeHEARMERAWR!! has a reputation beyond reputeHEARMERAWR!! has a reputation beyond reputeHEARMERAWR!! has a reputation beyond reputeHEARMERAWR!! has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by kelcel2013 View Post
75% of the players in my server are all Assassins. Can you take on 5 assassins hitting you with MW in the same time? Then tell me it's weak.
Can you take on 5 of any class without dying unless you have anti or amazing stats?

Cinderella->Snow white ->Hanging Gardens->Emerald->Snow white

HEARMERAWR!! 130-130-140 pure monk.
HEARMERAWR!! is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-27-2014, 18:46   #12
XShinryuX
Survivor

XShinryuX has a reputation beyond reputeXShinryuX has a reputation beyond reputeXShinryuX has a reputation beyond reputeXShinryuX has a reputation beyond reputeXShinryuX has a reputation beyond reputeXShinryuX has a reputation beyond reputeXShinryuX has a reputation beyond reputeXShinryuX has a reputation beyond reputeXShinryuX has a reputation beyond reputeXShinryuX has a reputation beyond reputeXShinryuX has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
75% of the players in my server are all Assassins. Can you take on 5 assassins hitting you with MW in the same time? Then tell me it's weak.
Yes, yes I can.
I cannot take any other melee class if they all time 5 hit on me, but I can certainly take MW.

And no, not only STG Water, I also have done that using a normal SDG Melee class.

Get max bless man, it help a lot.
XShinryuX is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-27-2014, 19:31   #13
HEARMERAWR!!

HEARMERAWR!! has a reputation beyond reputeHEARMERAWR!! has a reputation beyond reputeHEARMERAWR!! has a reputation beyond reputeHEARMERAWR!! has a reputation beyond reputeHEARMERAWR!! has a reputation beyond reputeHEARMERAWR!! has a reputation beyond reputeHEARMERAWR!! has a reputation beyond reputeHEARMERAWR!! has a reputation beyond reputeHEARMERAWR!! has a reputation beyond reputeHEARMERAWR!! has a reputation beyond reputeHEARMERAWR!! has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Atleast you have a chance to dodge attacks from other classes depending on how good you jump.

EDIT: And to add up, YOU WON'T BE ABLE TO MOVE WITH 5 ASSASSINS HITTING YOU MW. My new character supposed to be pure ninja, but reincated to pirate. How the heck will I be able to TFB if i can't even jump when they hit me. "UNLESS" you're a hacker who use speedy, zoom, autoclick.
and 5 monks wwk'ing you dont stun you? or 5 zaps? or 5 tempests?

all skills stun just not as much as mw, but when theres 5 stuns your not going anywhere anytime soon :P

Old 03-27-2014, 20:03   #14
HEARMERAWR!!

Quote:
So you do get it, i thought you wouldn't.

Yeah WWK stuns, but it takes skills to hit a target. Not some "click the target to make him suck d|ck skill".

EDIT: Zap is different, and yes it stuns, still giving you 1-2 secs time to jump from every zap you get. You can't zap 5 times in 1-2 secs unless many taoist, which is not anymore cuz it's flooded with assassins.
True but i mean think about assassins, in higher tier playing the stun and pot burning is pretty much the only thing they are good for. Assassins cap out at 21.6k damage if you have max bless and 10k+ defense (without crit). so with crit max out at like 31k-32k ish. if you have immunity they arent gonna do to much. Im not saying i like the stun or i think its fair, i just think removing it or limiting it will make assassin pretty bad. Idk the way to balance it but maybe increase the stam cost from 15-20?

Old 04-05-2014, 12:11   #15
Megalodon

Megalodon is on a distinguished road
Assassin with good p-attack , final p attack and critical is something really dangerous
Megalodon is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: