Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 25 votes, 4.88 average. Display Modes
Old 01-04-2011, 04:24   #1
CheekyPunk27
JesusFreak

CheekyPunk27 has a reputation beyond reputeCheekyPunk27 has a reputation beyond reputeCheekyPunk27 has a reputation beyond reputeCheekyPunk27 has a reputation beyond reputeCheekyPunk27 has a reputation beyond reputeCheekyPunk27 has a reputation beyond reputeCheekyPunk27 has a reputation beyond reputeCheekyPunk27 has a reputation beyond reputeCheekyPunk27 has a reputation beyond reputeCheekyPunk27 has a reputation beyond reputeCheekyPunk27 has a reputation beyond repute
Tested: Effects Of Weapon Proficiency

Here's a thread where I'll post the results from testing how weapon proficiency affect skills.

What is weapon proficiency?

It's pretty much a skill level in a weapon that you need in order to wield certain level weapons. The highest level needed is level 12, however you can train them up to level 20. Weapons that are level 115+ require you to have a weapon proficiency of that type at level 12 or more.

So why bother level them past level 12?
1. You look cool and can boast about the mindless hours spent in TG afk.
2. Each level after 12 gives a 1% increase in your attack.

You may have heard that "Weapon proficiency only affects normal melee hits, and not skills". This was and is widely accepted as true even now. Reason being that in the past GMs have said the same thing.

However, my testing has proven this to be false.

Another rumour that has been going around is that weapon proficiency doesn't actually make your attack higher, but rather increases the chance of hitting near your max attack, rather than you min. This also is false.

I've already tested this thoroughly, though I didn't take any screenshots as evidence. So as I document the testing, I will update this thread with the relevant proofs for my claims.

Conclusions

Weapon skills do infact affect weapon skills. This includes things like nix, rage, penetration etc. As well as Scent Sword and Fast Blade. Mostly likely also Herc, however I've yet to test this.

I've also discovered that it's only the main hand weapon proficiency that counts. So while it's nice to have fixed sword/club/blade prof, it only matters which weapon is in the mainhand. The off-hand weapon proficiency has no effect.

Methodology of Testing

It's hard to tell the effect of weapon proficiency because weapons have a min and max attack. Sometimes you'll hit 100, other times, 150. Who knows if that was due to weapon proficiency, or the natural variability in max/min attack.

To eliminate this factor, I removed all equips with a max/min attack.
So then, how can i test weapon proficiency?

Well, a long time ago, when weapons reached 0 durability, they would break - literally, and disappear. Gone for good. Lost forever. Now, they do not. They break, but you can still use them - you can still use their skills, and their weapon proficiency still takes effect. However, they add no stats to your character - no attack, no gem bonuses, no bp etc.

So what I do is break a weapon that I am testing, so that I can have a fixed attack, and hence can easily see any increases on attack due to weapon proficiency.

Proof that Nix is affected by weapon proficiency

As you can see in the image, my attack is fixed at 805. With 5% weapon proficiency, i should hit 805*1.05 = 845.25, as shown.

For nix, if we take 845.25*1.24 for fixed nix, we get = 1048.11 = 1048, as shown.

And here we have it, conclusive proof that weapon proficiency affects weapon skills like nix.

UPDATE: Herc and Only the main-hand weapon counts.

Since the guild gate was being used, and TG scarecrows have no defense, I tested on them.

From before, I have level 17 sword prof (+5%) and here I have fixed dagger prof (+8%).

I broke two daggers for herc, and then tried dagger/sword with ss, and sword/dagger with ss. Attack is again 805 = (176 + 190)*(1 + 8*15%).

Here are the results!

Herc as we expect, should be 805*1.08*0.9 = 782.46 = 782.
Dagger mainhand ss, we have 805*1.08*1.3 = 1130.22 = 1130.
Sword mainhand ss, we have 805*1.05*1.3 = 1098.825 = 1099.

And there you have it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	proof of nix.JPG
Views:	7580
Size:	112.7 KB
ID:	140827   Click image for larger version

Name:	herc and one hand only.JPG
Views:	7356
Size:	131.5 KB
ID:	140838  
+12 Sword ~ +12 Dagger ~ SuperRidingCrop(+6)(Bound)
Since 2004 ~ Hacked Dec 2014 ~ RIP

Last edited by CheekyPunk27; 01-05-2011 at 00:06.
CheekyPunk27 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-04-2011, 05:12   #2
chaosknightray
Hell Dude

chaosknightray has a reputation beyond reputechaosknightray has a reputation beyond reputechaosknightray has a reputation beyond reputechaosknightray has a reputation beyond reputechaosknightray has a reputation beyond reputechaosknightray has a reputation beyond reputechaosknightray has a reputation beyond reputechaosknightray has a reputation beyond reputechaosknightray has a reputation beyond reputechaosknightray has a reputation beyond reputechaosknightray has a reputation beyond repute
+Rep.

Captain of the OT Ninja Squad

Pluto/Jupiter
Tenma 130-130-130 Nin-Nin-Nin
Steward, Supervisor or Manager of Quarantine.
Was The Axe/Sword Ninja and Trojan
Owner of The +5 SDG SDG Super Axe With Permed P1 Hammer
chaosknightray is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-04-2011, 05:54   #3
Cpt.Curtis

Cpt.Curtis has a reputation beyond reputeCpt.Curtis has a reputation beyond reputeCpt.Curtis has a reputation beyond reputeCpt.Curtis has a reputation beyond reputeCpt.Curtis has a reputation beyond reputeCpt.Curtis has a reputation beyond reputeCpt.Curtis has a reputation beyond reputeCpt.Curtis has a reputation beyond reputeCpt.Curtis has a reputation beyond reputeCpt.Curtis has a reputation beyond reputeCpt.Curtis has a reputation beyond repute
Will it effect FB nd SS then?

Listen, Share and Download!
Cpt.Curtis is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-04-2011, 06:36   #4
Eurochic
GlobalMod

Eurochic has a reputation beyond reputeEurochic has a reputation beyond reputeEurochic has a reputation beyond reputeEurochic has a reputation beyond reputeEurochic has a reputation beyond reputeEurochic has a reputation beyond reputeEurochic has a reputation beyond reputeEurochic has a reputation beyond reputeEurochic has a reputation beyond reputeEurochic has a reputation beyond reputeEurochic has a reputation beyond repute
Have you proven that the left handed weapon has no effect, as it used to.

Originally fixed weapon prof ment that you hit for max attack more often, sadly this has changed.
Judoka2130-130-131 Monk-War-Fire
Judoka3130-130-131 Pure Water
TaMaU120-130-131 Tro-Tro-Arch
expensive91130-130 Pure Water
Destiny_Angel110-130 Pure Water
Melody_Angel110-115 Pure Water
Symphony_Angel Pirate

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_ikky View Post
Mods are like underwear, you should change them daily!
Eurochic is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-04-2011, 07:27   #5
*Sonne*
cultivator

*Sonne* has a reputation beyond repute*Sonne* has a reputation beyond repute*Sonne* has a reputation beyond repute*Sonne* has a reputation beyond repute*Sonne* has a reputation beyond repute*Sonne* has a reputation beyond repute*Sonne* has a reputation beyond repute*Sonne* has a reputation beyond repute*Sonne* has a reputation beyond repute*Sonne* has a reputation beyond repute*Sonne* has a reputation beyond repute
interesting. thanks.
*Sonne* is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-04-2011, 08:10   #6
petr08
Banned

petr08 has a reputation beyond reputepetr08 has a reputation beyond reputepetr08 has a reputation beyond reputepetr08 has a reputation beyond reputepetr08 has a reputation beyond reputepetr08 has a reputation beyond reputepetr08 has a reputation beyond reputepetr08 has a reputation beyond reputepetr08 has a reputation beyond reputepetr08 has a reputation beyond reputepetr08 has a reputation beyond repute
+rep
petr08 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-04-2011, 10:46   #7
*~panda~*
Banned

*~panda~* has a reputation beyond repute*~panda~* has a reputation beyond repute*~panda~* has a reputation beyond repute*~panda~* has a reputation beyond repute*~panda~* has a reputation beyond repute*~panda~* has a reputation beyond repute*~panda~* has a reputation beyond repute*~panda~* has a reputation beyond repute*~panda~* has a reputation beyond repute*~panda~* has a reputation beyond repute*~panda~* has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaosknightray View Post
+Rep.
^
*~panda~* is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-04-2011, 10:49   #8
nskull

nskull has much to be proud ofnskull has much to be proud ofnskull has much to be proud ofnskull has much to be proud ofnskull has much to be proud ofnskull has much to be proud ofnskull has much to be proud ofnskull has much to be proud ofnskull has much to be proud ofnskull has much to be proud of
great job testing this
Class: Ninja - Ninja - Ninja
Level: 130 - 130 - 138
Spouse: None
Battle Power: 334
Charater Info
Server: Eagle
Character: Insatiable
Class: Ninja - Warrior - Fire
Level: 130 - 131 - 140
Spouse: None
Battle Power: 351 and retired/gearstolen
nskull is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-04-2011, 12:33   #9
CheekyPunk27
JesusFreak

CheekyPunk27 has a reputation beyond reputeCheekyPunk27 has a reputation beyond reputeCheekyPunk27 has a reputation beyond reputeCheekyPunk27 has a reputation beyond reputeCheekyPunk27 has a reputation beyond reputeCheekyPunk27 has a reputation beyond reputeCheekyPunk27 has a reputation beyond reputeCheekyPunk27 has a reputation beyond reputeCheekyPunk27 has a reputation beyond reputeCheekyPunk27 has a reputation beyond reputeCheekyPunk27 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eurochic View Post
Have you proven that the left handed weapon has no effect, as it used to.

Originally fixed weapon prof ment that you hit for max attack more often, sadly this has changed.
I have before, but i will again. Just need to break another weapon.

I don't think that the fixed pro => max attack more often was correct.

I think it just appeared that way. Assuming a uniform chance of getting between your max and min, the increase would affect the average making it higher, and appear like you're hitting nearer to your max more often. In reality, its just that on average you're hitting higher over all.

eg.

100-200 attack. Average hit should be 150
fixed prof is 8% so your attack would be 108-216. Average hit will now be 162.

However, from 150 to 216, it appears you have a (216-150)/100 = 66% chance of hitting closer to the max than the min. But that's cause we haven't taken into account the new min and the new average. It's still 50%. The new average is 162, not 150. (216-162)/108 = 50%
Old 01-04-2011, 12:41   #10
FireFly1010

FireFly1010 has a reputation beyond reputeFireFly1010 has a reputation beyond reputeFireFly1010 has a reputation beyond reputeFireFly1010 has a reputation beyond reputeFireFly1010 has a reputation beyond reputeFireFly1010 has a reputation beyond reputeFireFly1010 has a reputation beyond reputeFireFly1010 has a reputation beyond reputeFireFly1010 has a reputation beyond reputeFireFly1010 has a reputation beyond reputeFireFly1010 has a reputation beyond repute
Wow, nice job testing this +rep

Super +7 SDG/SDG -5 Earrings
Super +6 SDG/SDG -5 Necklace
Super +7 SDG/SDG -5 Ring
Super +6 SDG/SDG Coat
Super +6 SDG/SDG -5 Boots
Super +6 RTG/RTG Fan
Super +6 SGG/SGG Tower
Super +8 SDG/SDG bow

Wanna make some money with only a few clicks a day?
And u get payed in Paypal, click HERE
FireFly1010 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-04-2011, 13:12   #11
chaosknightray
Hell Dude

chaosknightray has a reputation beyond reputechaosknightray has a reputation beyond reputechaosknightray has a reputation beyond reputechaosknightray has a reputation beyond reputechaosknightray has a reputation beyond reputechaosknightray has a reputation beyond reputechaosknightray has a reputation beyond reputechaosknightray has a reputation beyond reputechaosknightray has a reputation beyond reputechaosknightray has a reputation beyond reputechaosknightray has a reputation beyond repute
Now I got another question.

SDGs VS Passive Skill. ANyone know answer to that?

Does this +% from prof. affect the off-hand Passive kill damage. So would say 12 Prof in CLub affect the hit of say the Pene of the off-hand dagger? Sounds like a good thing to test.

BTW, need fast way to break weapons as I wanna do some of my own tests.

Captain of the OT Ninja Squad

Pluto/Jupiter
Tenma 130-130-130 Nin-Nin-Nin
Steward, Supervisor or Manager of Quarantine.
Was The Axe/Sword Ninja and Trojan
Owner of The +5 SDG SDG Super Axe With Permed P1 Hammer

Last edited by chaosknightray; 01-04-2011 at 13:17.
chaosknightray is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-04-2011, 14:24   #12
Dzunnar
ಠ_ಠ

Dzunnar has a reputation beyond reputeDzunnar has a reputation beyond reputeDzunnar has a reputation beyond reputeDzunnar has a reputation beyond reputeDzunnar has a reputation beyond reputeDzunnar has a reputation beyond reputeDzunnar has a reputation beyond reputeDzunnar has a reputation beyond reputeDzunnar has a reputation beyond reputeDzunnar has a reputation beyond reputeDzunnar has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Level 5 weapons and hit the guild gates for a while.

Jaan - Water-Warrior-Trojan 130-130-131

Tiger server

Curiosity - Water-Warrior-Trojan 130-137-140

Member of the OT Ninja Squad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loobylou View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dzunnar View Post
~Cha°S~ speaks to Curiosity: aouto hunt open lol
He said the same thing to me. Apparently killing him in jail then picking up his pots is autohunt....
Dzunnar is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-04-2011, 22:57   #13
CheekyPunk27
JesusFreak

Quote:
Now I got another question.

SDGs VS Passive Skill. ANyone know answer to that?

Does this +% from prof. affect the off-hand Passive kill damage. So would say 12 Prof in CLub affect the hit of say the Pene of the off-hand dagger? Sounds like a good thing to test.

From what I tested before, yes.

But I'll test again. I've got fixed dagger prof, and I plan to break a level 5 dagger tonight.
Old 01-04-2011, 23:40   #14
CheekyPunk27
JesusFreak

Just tested herc - yes it affects herc.
Also tested if its just mainhand that affects - yes it's just mainhand.

No screenies yet, there's another guy at the gate so I cant screenshot the damages. Will update later.

edit: updated first post.

Last edited by CheekyPunk27; 01-05-2011 at 00:18.
Old 01-04-2011, 23:52   #15
D.Fang
CookieDino

D.Fang has a reputation beyond reputeD.Fang has a reputation beyond reputeD.Fang has a reputation beyond reputeD.Fang has a reputation beyond reputeD.Fang has a reputation beyond reputeD.Fang has a reputation beyond reputeD.Fang has a reputation beyond reputeD.Fang has a reputation beyond reputeD.Fang has a reputation beyond reputeD.Fang has a reputation beyond reputeD.Fang has a reputation beyond repute
eh, so shield prof is essentially useless because it's neither main hand nor do you need it to use high lvl ones??

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: