Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 04-04-2014, 17:58   #1
Chrønick
Übermensch

Chrønick is on a distinguished road
Jiang Hu Question

Okay so I never had a Fire Tao character and out of boredom I decided to make one. When I say make one I'm talking from complete scratch. No chi, no jiang, no gear, no anything. Now as I do my chi and get gear I've been working on Jiang.

This character is like a pet project, not really using it for PvP events or even GW or CTF, just doing daily, chi, and jiang.

Here is my question.

Would it be easier to get all ultra attributes in jiang (Grade 14) and not care what they are or about linking it at all, and then go back and link everything as ultra/epic using Protection Pills and such, or to link it from the beginning and then slowly go from grade 10 to 14.

Has anyone tried this method before, if so does it work, and if it does work how long does/did it take.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chomps View Post
Uh, I still have my anal virginity *cough*
Chrønick is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 04-04-2014, 18:04   #2
MyThirdAccount
Banned

MyThirdAccount has a reputation beyond reputeMyThirdAccount has a reputation beyond reputeMyThirdAccount has a reputation beyond reputeMyThirdAccount has a reputation beyond reputeMyThirdAccount has a reputation beyond reputeMyThirdAccount has a reputation beyond reputeMyThirdAccount has a reputation beyond reputeMyThirdAccount has a reputation beyond reputeMyThirdAccount has a reputation beyond reputeMyThirdAccount has a reputation beyond reputeMyThirdAccount has a reputation beyond repute
I think it's the same ****.
MyThirdAccount is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 04-04-2014, 18:20   #3
Chrønick
Übermensch

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyThirdAccount View Post
I think it's the same ****.
I'm sure when it comes to linking them afterwards yeah, but then I think on my grind to grade 13 how many useless Ultra MPs and Ultra final m atk garbage I got. If I kept them it would have went a lot faster, I'm thinking just wondering if anyone has tried this method or is currently trying it.
Quote:
Old 04-04-2014, 19:03   #4
D8D8

D8D8 is on a distinguished road
going epic/ultra at first is better because if you use the "higher chance" 5 cp box when studying you have a higher likelihood to get a better quality of the specific stat you really looking for. Use with protection pills
D8D8 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 04-04-2014, 19:03   #5
squidgemelent

squidgemelent has a reputation beyond reputesquidgemelent has a reputation beyond reputesquidgemelent has a reputation beyond reputesquidgemelent has a reputation beyond reputesquidgemelent has a reputation beyond reputesquidgemelent has a reputation beyond reputesquidgemelent has a reputation beyond reputesquidgemelent has a reputation beyond reputesquidgemelent has a reputation beyond reputesquidgemelent has a reputation beyond reputesquidgemelent has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrønick View Post
I'm sure when it comes to linking them afterwards yeah, but then I think on my grind to grade 13 how many useless Ultra MPs and Ultra final m atk garbage I got. If I kept them it would have went a lot faster, I'm thinking just wondering if anyone has tried this method or is currently trying it.
its not worth it. i started doing it from january to my 140. theres only 2 more to ultra (just ultra, not align), but basically i have to force myself to finish the same thing im doing, which could take until 2015 at this rate. basically the character is unplayable at all compared to my others, and if i decide to just screw it and align them asap, all that hard work will be gone. if i could start again id do it the same as my other characters, who i work on advancing one colour at a time
squidgemelent is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 04-04-2014, 19:46   #6
Chrønick
Übermensch

Quote:
Originally Posted by squidgemelent View Post
its not worth it. i started doing it from january to my 140. theres only 2 more to ultra (just ultra, not align), but basically i have to force myself to finish the same thing im doing, which could take until 2015 at this rate. basically the character is unplayable at all compared to my others, and if i decide to just screw it and align them asap, all that hard work will be gone. if i could start again id do it the same as my other characters, who i work on advancing one colour at a time
Damn, so you started it the way I mentioned in January and they are not even all Ultra yet? You're saying right now (unless by some happy coincidence) your stats are almost all unlinked and ultra. Now you have to go back and re-roll the Ultras to get linked Ultras/Epics? Just making sure we are both talking about the same method.
Quote:
Old 04-04-2014, 20:24   #7
CheekyPunk27
JesusFreak

CheekyPunk27 has a reputation beyond reputeCheekyPunk27 has a reputation beyond reputeCheekyPunk27 has a reputation beyond reputeCheekyPunk27 has a reputation beyond reputeCheekyPunk27 has a reputation beyond reputeCheekyPunk27 has a reputation beyond reputeCheekyPunk27 has a reputation beyond reputeCheekyPunk27 has a reputation beyond reputeCheekyPunk27 has a reputation beyond reputeCheekyPunk27 has a reputation beyond reputeCheekyPunk27 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Damn, so you started it the way I mentioned in January and they are not even all Ultra yet? You're saying right now (unless by some happy coincidence) your stats are almost all unlinked and ultra. Now you have to go back and re-roll the Ultras to get linked Ultras/Epics? Just making sure we are both talking about the same method.
IMO i would just link them.

If you're using the daily JH, it can take weeks to get an ultra/epic stat of the one you want.

As squidge said, you'll have useless stats for a very long time.
+12 Sword ~ +12 Dagger ~ SuperRidingCrop(+6)(Bound)
Since 2004 ~ Hacked Dec 2014 ~ RIP
CheekyPunk27 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 04-04-2014, 21:00   #8
XShinryuX
Survivor

XShinryuX has a reputation beyond reputeXShinryuX has a reputation beyond reputeXShinryuX has a reputation beyond reputeXShinryuX has a reputation beyond reputeXShinryuX has a reputation beyond reputeXShinryuX has a reputation beyond reputeXShinryuX has a reputation beyond reputeXShinryuX has a reputation beyond reputeXShinryuX has a reputation beyond reputeXShinryuX has a reputation beyond reputeXShinryuX has a reputation beyond repute
Hmm, I plan to link everything first, which I already completed.
The next step will be slowly changing the stats for an Ultra.
From the Ultra, you will used the Protection pill and get Epic you need.

In terms of stats wise, you won't lose too much, since all your other gate and most of them is linked.

If you wait and get everything ultra without linking, you will ended up very weak stat wise.
XShinryuX is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 04-04-2014, 21:16   #9
Chrønick
Übermensch

Quote:
Originally Posted by XShinryuX View Post
If you wait and get everything ultra without linking, you will ended up very weak stat wise.
Yeah and since I'm not using the Tao until I get gear and do it's chi that doesn't really bother me.

What I'm asking is this way faster/the same/slower than linking everything first and then trying to get the Ultras of the stat you want.
Quote:
Old 04-04-2014, 23:07   #10
CheekyPunk27
JesusFreak

CheekyPunk27 has a reputation beyond reputeCheekyPunk27 has a reputation beyond reputeCheekyPunk27 has a reputation beyond reputeCheekyPunk27 has a reputation beyond reputeCheekyPunk27 has a reputation beyond reputeCheekyPunk27 has a reputation beyond reputeCheekyPunk27 has a reputation beyond reputeCheekyPunk27 has a reputation beyond reputeCheekyPunk27 has a reputation beyond reputeCheekyPunk27 has a reputation beyond reputeCheekyPunk27 has a reputation beyond repute
For getting all epics of what you want, going all ultra/epic first would be fastest.

If you're going for all ultras, then I don't think it makes a difference. Getting an ultra HP from either a rare hp or an ultra something else is the same thing.

Regardless, getting all epics of what you want will take years, unless you're willing to put thousands of cps into it.
+12 Sword ~ +12 Dagger ~ SuperRidingCrop(+6)(Bound)
Since 2004 ~ Hacked Dec 2014 ~ RIP
CheekyPunk27 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 04-05-2014, 02:30   #11
squidgemelent

squidgemelent has a reputation beyond reputesquidgemelent has a reputation beyond reputesquidgemelent has a reputation beyond reputesquidgemelent has a reputation beyond reputesquidgemelent has a reputation beyond reputesquidgemelent has a reputation beyond reputesquidgemelent has a reputation beyond reputesquidgemelent has a reputation beyond reputesquidgemelent has a reputation beyond reputesquidgemelent has a reputation beyond reputesquidgemelent has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
two left until full ultra. i do about 30 studies a week instead of the full 70 due to time, so you could probably get them all done sooner. but considering the fact that character is unplayable, and my active character followed the standard way and has fully linked ultra in many stages, id highly recommend doing the standard way

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheekyPunk27 View Post
For getting all epics of what you want, going all ultra/epic first would be fastest.
i wouldnt even call it a decent increase in time. the chances for an ultra dont lower. i mean to align everything on my other character only took about a month, might as well have spent that extra time to align the sharps, and roll for epics 1 by 1. but i did have the same idea which is why i tried it lol
squidgemelent is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 04-05-2014, 06:35   #12
sundancerx

sundancerx has a reputation beyond reputesundancerx has a reputation beyond reputesundancerx has a reputation beyond reputesundancerx has a reputation beyond reputesundancerx has a reputation beyond reputesundancerx has a reputation beyond reputesundancerx has a reputation beyond reputesundancerx has a reputation beyond reputesundancerx has a reputation beyond reputesundancerx has a reputation beyond reputesundancerx has a reputation beyond repute
isnt the 5cps option to have higher chance of getting an ultra?

if you have already an ultra and wanted an epic, i think there is no point using this.
Old 04-06-2014, 13:53   #13
Chrønick
Übermensch

Quote:
Originally Posted by sundancerx View Post
isnt the 5cps option to have higher chance of getting an ultra?

if you have already an ultra and wanted an epic, i think there is no point using this.
No I'm saying is it faster to get grade 14 this way and then go back and link them.
Quote:
Old 04-06-2014, 18:56   #14
XShinryuX
Survivor

XShinryuX has a reputation beyond reputeXShinryuX has a reputation beyond reputeXShinryuX has a reputation beyond reputeXShinryuX has a reputation beyond reputeXShinryuX has a reputation beyond reputeXShinryuX has a reputation beyond reputeXShinryuX has a reputation beyond reputeXShinryuX has a reputation beyond reputeXShinryuX has a reputation beyond reputeXShinryuX has a reputation beyond reputeXShinryuX has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
No I'm saying is it faster to get grade 14 this way and then go back and link them.
Well, it might be faster this way, if you don't care about the stats.
If you are doing linked, you need to spend protection pill just to ensure it doesn't break your link until you get an Ultra.

If you are making Ultra everything, you can just simply roll and move on to the next one after you get a random Ultra.

But the question will be, changing Ultra to the Epic you desire will take a looooooong time.

So it either you need the stats or not. If not you can just go random Ultra.
If yes, go linked Ultra.
XShinryuX is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 04-07-2014, 08:18   #15
hollly

hollly has a reputation beyond reputehollly has a reputation beyond reputehollly has a reputation beyond reputehollly has a reputation beyond reputehollly has a reputation beyond reputehollly has a reputation beyond reputehollly has a reputation beyond reputehollly has a reputation beyond reputehollly has a reputation beyond reputehollly has a reputation beyond reputehollly has a reputation beyond repute
So your question is :

Do you reach faster full ultra/epic linked, if you roll all your stats from random ultra than full aligned lower quality : yes.
Simply because when you roll from an ultra, you open up a chance to get epic too, which should lower the chances of having lower quality ipso facto (i also believe rolling from an epic gives a bit better average quality of study).

Is it worth it : no. I would advice you to at least do something in between, like, try and align all the stats, but when u get an ultra u keep it that way.
=> When all ur stars/stages are halfly aligned or ultra, u get some decent stats (better than all random), and you can start rolling your random ultras to ultras aligned.
Then supposing you are done, u reroll the "quickly aligned non ultras" stars to ultra/epic and u realign them as ultra/epic.

You can also do something in between, like re-rolling all normals to ultra or higher quality aligned.

Anyway since your fire isn't sposed to be competitive now, i'd have some great advice for u :
Reincarnate him asap as a trojan. (double daily quest = double chi income and double bound cp income from spook that will go in jiang).
hollly is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: