Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 9 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 04-26-2010, 13:37   #211
nicholascobalt
ṬḤỌṚỊṢḤẸṚẸ

nicholascobalt has a reputation beyond reputenicholascobalt has a reputation beyond reputenicholascobalt has a reputation beyond reputenicholascobalt has a reputation beyond reputenicholascobalt has a reputation beyond reputenicholascobalt has a reputation beyond reputenicholascobalt has a reputation beyond reputenicholascobalt has a reputation beyond reputenicholascobalt has a reputation beyond reputenicholascobalt has a reputation beyond reputenicholascobalt has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApplejuiceOzu View Post
it's pointless to use them, there is a cap on damage reduction,and you reach it if you are full -7% and 2nd reborn.

full -7% is 46%, ontop of that, towers/bottle/fan can have a random number as well, so turn that 46 to 50, add the -30% damage from 2nd reborn, there is your 80% reduced damaged.

so now if you have 5+ BP over anyone else in game, turn that 80 into -150% so you should actually be gaining health from their attacks at this point.....
It's percentages, if you have -51pct from bless -48pct tortoise gems 80pct from battle power, it's still less than 100pct.

100pct damage (this is what you would take without potency help and no damage reduction)
49pct, this is the damage you take with just blessing
23.52pct, with blessing and tortoise gems
4.704pct, with blessing tortoise gems and potency

So if 100pct is 20,000 damage, 4.704 pct is 940.8 damage, magic or physical either way, the best part of this type of defence, it works Better against Stronger opponents.

Memory Leak/Conquer Closing Without Error Message [VISTA]
OTNS
nicholascobalt is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-20-2010, 08:20   #212
Seppo
The Archer

Seppo has a reputation beyond reputeSeppo has a reputation beyond reputeSeppo has a reputation beyond reputeSeppo has a reputation beyond reputeSeppo has a reputation beyond reputeSeppo has a reputation beyond reputeSeppo has a reputation beyond reputeSeppo has a reputation beyond reputeSeppo has a reputation beyond reputeSeppo has a reputation beyond reputeSeppo has a reputation beyond repute
I'm thinking of going pure nin with reincarnation. I'd get myself full 2 sock +6 with hood of course. I'd probally get 2 super +8 hammer katanas aswell. That should be strong enough to be able to swap 6 SDG's for 6 STG's and still pretty much 1 hit most right?

Super +7 SDG/SDG -5 Earrings
Super +6 SDG/SDG -5 Necklace
Super +7 SDG/SDG -5 Permanent phase 2 Ring
Super +7 SDG/SDG -5 Armor
Super +6 SDG/SDG -5 Boots
Super +6 STG/STG -1 Fan
Super +6 SGG/SGG -1 Tower
Super +12 SDG/SDG -5 Permanent phase 6 Sword
Super +8 SDG/SDG -5 Permanent phase 4 Sword

P9 Apothecary
P9 Martial Art
P9 Chi Master
P9 Performer
P9 Wrangler

Proud pokémon trainer of Angtoria

eRepublik
Seppo is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-20-2010, 21:01   #213
nicholascobalt
ṬḤỌṚỊṢḤẸṚẸ

nicholascobalt has a reputation beyond reputenicholascobalt has a reputation beyond reputenicholascobalt has a reputation beyond reputenicholascobalt has a reputation beyond reputenicholascobalt has a reputation beyond reputenicholascobalt has a reputation beyond reputenicholascobalt has a reputation beyond reputenicholascobalt has a reputation beyond reputenicholascobalt has a reputation beyond reputenicholascobalt has a reputation beyond reputenicholascobalt has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seppo View Post
I'm thinking of going pure nin with reincarnation. I'd get myself full 2 sock +6 with hood of course. I'd probally get 2 super +8 hammer katanas aswell. That should be strong enough to be able to swap 6 SDG's for 6 STG's and still pretty much 1 hit most right?
+6 130 Katanas have the same attack as +12 130 Blades, so yeah your attack should be fine.

Memory Leak/Conquer Closing Without Error Message [VISTA]
OTNS
nicholascobalt is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-20-2010, 22:16   #214
Inknwaterman

Inknwaterman is just really niceInknwaterman is just really niceInknwaterman is just really niceInknwaterman is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApplejuiceOzu View Post
it's pointless to use them, there is a cap on damage reduction,and you reach it if you are full -7% and 2nd reborn.

full -7% is 46%, ontop of that, towers/bottle/fan can have a random number as well, so turn that 46 to 50, add the -30% damage from 2nd reborn, there is your 80% reduced damaged.

so now if you have 5+ BP over anyone else in game, turn that 80 into -150% so you should actually be gaining health from their attacks at this point.....
you are figuring it all wrong dude....
the reborn defensive bonus is a 30 pct bonus to your defense, not to damage reduced
and stg's and blessing are 2 different things
stg's are figured in B4 the attack is applied to your defense
blessed gear is figured in after damage is already calculated after the tower reduces the damage, this is explained very clearly in the section on blessed gear.

id like you to do my taxes please, i bet you could get me back about 3 times what i earned that year
Old 06-20-2010, 22:31   #215
Inknwaterman

Inknwaterman is just really niceInknwaterman is just really niceInknwaterman is just really niceInknwaterman is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toraz View Post
They do not stack..apply the bless first and the then from that result you apply the STG reduction.
well, in a way your right, just backwards, the reduction from blessed gear is applied last

tortoise gems reduce attack/m-attack
blessing reduces damage

theres a big difference in attack and damage, just because i have say 1k attack doesnt mean you will take 1k damage does it?

figure this, stg's are Pre-defense
Old 06-21-2010, 10:49   #216
IamSylar

IamSylar has a reputation beyond reputeIamSylar has a reputation beyond reputeIamSylar has a reputation beyond reputeIamSylar has a reputation beyond reputeIamSylar has a reputation beyond reputeIamSylar has a reputation beyond reputeIamSylar has a reputation beyond reputeIamSylar has a reputation beyond reputeIamSylar has a reputation beyond reputeIamSylar has a reputation beyond reputeIamSylar has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicholascobalt View Post
+6 130 Katanas have the same attack as +12 130 Blades, so yeah your attack should be fine.
Dang, that's why so many Tros are pissed... So +12 Katanas = EOW (end of the world)
IamSylar is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-10-2010, 08:13   #217
Centora

Centora has a reputation beyond reputeCentora has a reputation beyond reputeCentora has a reputation beyond reputeCentora has a reputation beyond reputeCentora has a reputation beyond reputeCentora has a reputation beyond reputeCentora has a reputation beyond reputeCentora has a reputation beyond reputeCentora has a reputation beyond reputeCentora has a reputation beyond reputeCentora has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicholascobalt View Post
It's percentages, if you have -51pct from bless -48pct tortoise gems 80pct from battle power, it's still less than 100pct.

100pct damage (this is what you would take without potency help and no damage reduction)
49pct, this is the damage you take with just blessing
23.52pct, with blessing and tortoise gems
4.704pct, with blessing tortoise gems and potency

So if 100pct is 20,000 damage, 4.704 pct is 940.8 damage, magic or physical either way, the best part of this type of defence, it works Better against Stronger opponents.
It doesn't work like that. If you have full bless and 8 STG's it would reduce like this:

20,000 x 0.52 = 10,400 - (defense -- def is 0 in this example) x 0.49 = 5,096

So 5.1k is what you would need to defend.

Classic ~ Liberty || Kratos~

Vote: Change item composition to steed composition.
Centora is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-10-2010, 11:34   #218
Endet
You think?

Endet has a reputation beyond reputeEndet has a reputation beyond reputeEndet has a reputation beyond reputeEndet has a reputation beyond reputeEndet has a reputation beyond reputeEndet has a reputation beyond reputeEndet has a reputation beyond reputeEndet has a reputation beyond reputeEndet has a reputation beyond reputeEndet has a reputation beyond reputeEndet has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Centora View Post
It doesn't work like that. If you have full bless and 8 STG's it would reduce like this:

20,000 x 0.52 = 10,400 - (defense -- def is 0 in this example) x 0.49 = 5,096

So 5.1k is what you would need to defend.
Only if your non-RB. Otherwise it would be:
20,000 x 0,7 = 14,000 * 0.52 = 7280 * 0.49 = 3567 having 0 def. Allways remember the reborn damage reduction, yes it is reduction and not extra defence.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: