Old 05-19-2016, 19:44   #16
BerzerkAkaGod
G O A T

BerzerkAkaGod is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathclaw View Post
What kind of drugs did you take when you wrote this post?
What he said was valid.
Old 05-19-2016, 20:13   #17
Spirited
Engineer

Spirited has a reputation beyond reputeSpirited has a reputation beyond reputeSpirited has a reputation beyond reputeSpirited has a reputation beyond reputeSpirited has a reputation beyond reputeSpirited has a reputation beyond reputeSpirited has a reputation beyond reputeSpirited has a reputation beyond reputeSpirited has a reputation beyond reputeSpirited has a reputation beyond reputeSpirited has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by BerzerkAkaGod View Post
What he said was valid.
Well, what's amusing is that I haven't even put this in a debugger yet or reversed anything. No fancy tools required other than notepad and your way around the PE header format. Though, I've seen what's behind door number two with the conquer executable. Some bizzare anti-cheat algorithms it expects the client to perform, mac address magic with the hostname of the system and what not. Nothing as serious as getting your internet history and installing kernel drivers on your system (not that they do the later yet, according to my friend).

Edit: Then again, the last time I actually reversed the Conquer executable was back in patch 5615.

Last edited by Spirited; 05-19-2016 at 20:20.
Spirited is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-20-2016, 06:37   #18
King_Kai
NOSTupidyy

King_Kai has a reputation beyond reputeKing_Kai has a reputation beyond reputeKing_Kai has a reputation beyond reputeKing_Kai has a reputation beyond reputeKing_Kai has a reputation beyond reputeKing_Kai has a reputation beyond reputeKing_Kai has a reputation beyond reputeKing_Kai has a reputation beyond reputeKing_Kai has a reputation beyond reputeKing_Kai has a reputation beyond reputeKing_Kai has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to King_Kai
to be familiar with the works of man is not brilliance!!
only means u can read and u studied.

we are living in the information age!!
Old 05-20-2016, 09:57   #19
Spirited
Engineer

Spirited has a reputation beyond reputeSpirited has a reputation beyond reputeSpirited has a reputation beyond reputeSpirited has a reputation beyond reputeSpirited has a reputation beyond reputeSpirited has a reputation beyond reputeSpirited has a reputation beyond reputeSpirited has a reputation beyond reputeSpirited has a reputation beyond reputeSpirited has a reputation beyond reputeSpirited has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by King_Kai View Post
to be familiar with the works of man is not brilliance!!
only means u can read and u studied.

we are living in the information age!!
I've never heard that quote, but I like it.
Old 05-20-2016, 10:50   #20
RockSolid

RockSolid is on a distinguished road
Man I love how from time to time there are these so called knowledge people coming in and stating what's wrong with this game virtually but actually most likely don't have a **** clue of a solution. Just please. For **** sake, this game is *** running with probably 20k players daily and maybe 40k active players. Not to mention 80 percent of them are Egyptians, so why the ** would anyone think that TQ would drop in deep **** on this game...If A is working and making business, why the ** would you go to B.

If those devs in TQ really is *** stupid I honestly don't think their company can last this long, TQ doesn't only consist of CO. While other things they have going on can be more time/money valuable than CO, hence why they put in ****tty work and less time onto this game? Why doesn't anyone think this way? Man if any of you fkers so called computer scientist keep proposing problems of this game without solutions I really wonder how much worth you guys really think you are. This is my honest opinion on this topic.
RockSolid is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-20-2016, 12:21   #21
Deathclaw
Soon™

Deathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spirited View Post
Glad to hear that's my only refute so far.
Enjoy the game at the cost of your privacy.
I don't even play this game anymore. I quit several years ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BerzerkAkaGod View Post
What he said was valid.
Mhm

Quote:
Well, what's amusing is that I haven't even put this in a debugger yet or reversed anything. No fancy tools required other than notepad and your way around the PE header format. Though, I've seen what's behind door number two with the conquer executable. Some bizzare anti-cheat algorithms it expects the client to perform, mac address magic with the hostname of the system and what not. Nothing as serious as getting your internet history and installing kernel drivers on your system (not that they do the later yet, according to my friend).

Edit: Then again, the last time I actually reversed the Conquer executable was back in patch 5615.
Then why did you state that you reverse engineered those dll? What you actually did was just to read the index of contents and hold forth about their whole anti bot system while pretty much pretending that you actually read the book. Last but not least you did not even read the index of contents properly. I bet that your professors taught you otherwise.
Let the hate flow through you.
Computer Scientist

Last edited by Deathclaw; 05-20-2016 at 12:23.
Deathclaw is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-20-2016, 20:25   #22
Spirited
Engineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockSolid View Post
Man I love how from time to time there are these so called knowledge people coming in and stating what's wrong with this game virtually but actually most likely don't have a **** clue of a solution. Just please. For **** sake, this game is *** running with probably 20k players daily and maybe 40k active players. Not to mention 80 percent of them are Egyptians, so why the ** would anyone think that TQ would drop in deep **** on this game...If A is working and making business, why the ** would you go to B.

If those devs in TQ really is *** stupid I honestly don't think their company can last this long, TQ doesn't only consist of CO. While other things they have going on can be more time/money valuable than CO, hence why they put in ****tty work and less time onto this game? Why doesn't anyone think this way? Man if any of you fkers so called computer scientist keep proposing problems of this game without solutions I really wonder how much worth you guys really think you are. This is my honest opinion on this topic.
It's not really how I perceive myself or my worth, it's about being a member of a community. I don't need to propose a solution because I'm just a member of the community. It really shouldn't be my job to propose solutions to a company that specializes in game development. Not to say I haven't tried discussing this with them. I work in cybersecurity for a world-leading software company, and they still won't listen to a word I have to say. What I'm saying is, I understand why you'd be upset, but TQ won't better themselves through board suggestions. If you want to see real progress made, it's not going to be here or with TQ.

Quote:
Then why did you state that you reverse engineered those dll? What you actually did was just to read the index of contents and hold forth about their whole anti bot system while pretty much pretending that you actually read the book. Last but not least you did not even read the index of contents properly. I bet that your professors taught you otherwise.
You could call it the spark notes, if you wish - but yeah, that's the idea. Analyzing the header for patterns that I'm familiar with and uses I know from my own job and previous attempts at anti-botting concepts. If you'd like to prove it wrong, by all means correct me.

Last edited by Spirited; 05-20-2016 at 21:04.
Old 05-20-2016, 22:47   #23
Promethean

Promethean has a reputation beyond reputePromethean has a reputation beyond reputePromethean has a reputation beyond reputePromethean has a reputation beyond reputePromethean has a reputation beyond reputePromethean has a reputation beyond reputePromethean has a reputation beyond reputePromethean has a reputation beyond reputePromethean has a reputation beyond reputePromethean has a reputation beyond reputePromethean has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
I don't even play this game anymore. I quit several years ago.

Mhm

Dayum DC, back at it again!!!
Old 05-21-2016, 00:55   #24
Deathclaw
Soon™

Deathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
You could call it the spark notes, if you wish - but yeah, that's the idea. Analyzing the header for patterns that I'm familiar with and uses I know from my own job and previous attempts at anti-botting concepts. If you'd like to prove it wrong, by all means correct me.
Few function calls are hardly a pattern. It is just sloppy to present an analysis, which is just based on (wrong) assumptions. I don't even know what I should correct. What you delievered so far can be only thrown in a trash can.
Let the hate flow through you.
Computer Scientist
Deathclaw is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-21-2016, 01:18   #25
King_Kai
NOSTupidyy

King_Kai has a reputation beyond reputeKing_Kai has a reputation beyond reputeKing_Kai has a reputation beyond reputeKing_Kai has a reputation beyond reputeKing_Kai has a reputation beyond reputeKing_Kai has a reputation beyond reputeKing_Kai has a reputation beyond reputeKing_Kai has a reputation beyond reputeKing_Kai has a reputation beyond reputeKing_Kai has a reputation beyond reputeKing_Kai has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to King_Kai
Quote:
I've never heard that quote, but I like it.
U like truth
Old 05-21-2016, 11:31   #26
Spirited
Engineer

Quote:
Few function calls are hardly a pattern. It is just sloppy to present an analysis, which is just based on (wrong) assumptions. I don't even know what I should correct. What you delievered so far can be only thrown in a trash can.
Move me wrong then. You did say yourself, one can't criticize without providing a solution. If you find my analysis incorrect, correct it. Regardless, I believe I've overstayed my welcome. I'm not really a part of this community, and I don't get any value from being here. Feel free to continue this conversation without me. Enjoy your TQ, folks.
Old 05-21-2016, 14:04   #27
Promethean

Promethean has a reputation beyond reputePromethean has a reputation beyond reputePromethean has a reputation beyond reputePromethean has a reputation beyond reputePromethean has a reputation beyond reputePromethean has a reputation beyond reputePromethean has a reputation beyond reputePromethean has a reputation beyond reputePromethean has a reputation beyond reputePromethean has a reputation beyond reputePromethean has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Move me wrong then. You did say yourself, one can't criticize without providing a solution. If you find my analysis incorrect, correct it. Regardless, I believe I've overstayed my welcome. I'm not really a part of this community, and I don't get any value from being here. Feel free to continue this conversation without me. Enjoy your TQ, folks.
DC this is your one big chance to prove you're #1 computer scientist. Come on bro he's from eepeeveepee you have a degree and shiz right?

Eagerly yours,

Prom
Old 05-22-2016, 11:23   #28
Eametsa

Eametsa has a reputation beyond reputeEametsa has a reputation beyond reputeEametsa has a reputation beyond reputeEametsa has a reputation beyond reputeEametsa has a reputation beyond reputeEametsa has a reputation beyond reputeEametsa has a reputation beyond reputeEametsa has a reputation beyond reputeEametsa has a reputation beyond reputeEametsa has a reputation beyond reputeEametsa has a reputation beyond repute
Any long term co player knows that what tq does it does and will not give ****s about it and you play either way.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: