Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 17 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 03-03-2012, 18:25   #1
DrUnK PuNk

DrUnK PuNk is on a distinguished road
conquer linux?

i think it would be a great idea for conquer to move to the linux Os.
my computer is currently dual partitioned with windows and openSuse linux, i find linux better in absolutely every way except it can't run windows games. If conquer made a version for linux i think that i would probably never use windows again. It's great that they have recently made it compatable for the mac and ipad (although i use neither) linux is definitely the way it should go next.
DrUnK PuNk is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-06-2012, 02:56   #2
nuker159
nuker

nuker159 has a reputation beyond reputenuker159 has a reputation beyond reputenuker159 has a reputation beyond reputenuker159 has a reputation beyond reputenuker159 has a reputation beyond reputenuker159 has a reputation beyond reputenuker159 has a reputation beyond reputenuker159 has a reputation beyond reputenuker159 has a reputation beyond reputenuker159 has a reputation beyond reputenuker159 has a reputation beyond repute
maybe you need a pole
Old 05-18-2012, 14:16   #3
Song_2_16
Perma-Noob

Song_2_16 has a reputation beyond reputeSong_2_16 has a reputation beyond reputeSong_2_16 has a reputation beyond reputeSong_2_16 has a reputation beyond reputeSong_2_16 has a reputation beyond reputeSong_2_16 has a reputation beyond reputeSong_2_16 has a reputation beyond reputeSong_2_16 has a reputation beyond reputeSong_2_16 has a reputation beyond reputeSong_2_16 has a reputation beyond reputeSong_2_16 has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up

Agreed. CO was the only reason I kept Windows installed. Add a poll to suggestion, and I'll check back to give my yes vote

100% Water, made the hard way...got my pure skill and loved it a bunch. Had a great time with all my guild and friends in game. Thanks for the memories guys Diva out

"Life is made up of meetings and partings. That is the way of it" -- Kermit the Frog, as Bob Cratchit. A Muppet Christmas Carol, 1992

Each day....work a little...play a little...laugh a little...pray a little....love alot
Song_2_16 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-18-2012, 18:50   #4
Sodapop92

Sodapop92 has a reputation beyond reputeSodapop92 has a reputation beyond reputeSodapop92 has a reputation beyond reputeSodapop92 has a reputation beyond reputeSodapop92 has a reputation beyond reputeSodapop92 has a reputation beyond reputeSodapop92 has a reputation beyond reputeSodapop92 has a reputation beyond reputeSodapop92 has a reputation beyond reputeSodapop92 has a reputation beyond reputeSodapop92 has a reputation beyond repute
Not to many people would use it. It took TQ forever to get their game on OS X. Do you really think they are gonna release it for an OS with lower market share than that?
Old 05-29-2012, 00:30   #5
Dynamitedakilla

Dynamitedakilla is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodapop92 View Post
Not to many people would use it. It took TQ forever to get their game on OS X. Do you really think they are gonna release it for an OS with lower market share than that?
Whether they do or not, I'm in agreement with the suggestion, I personally prefer to use my Ubuntu linux to windows any day of the week. and though you are right from a practical stand point I feel that the only way to know is to try.
Dynamitedakilla is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-02-2012, 06:21   #6
Nespheratu

Nespheratu has a reputation beyond reputeNespheratu has a reputation beyond reputeNespheratu has a reputation beyond reputeNespheratu has a reputation beyond reputeNespheratu has a reputation beyond reputeNespheratu has a reputation beyond reputeNespheratu has a reputation beyond reputeNespheratu has a reputation beyond reputeNespheratu has a reputation beyond reputeNespheratu has a reputation beyond reputeNespheratu has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodapop92 View Post
Lower Market Share? LOL There are MORE Linux users than Mac users any day. The diference? LINUX IS FREEEEEEEE. No Market to share. I did however try to run CO within the wine app and got a noob bot jailed lol

But this is an AWESOME idea I would totally drop winblows.
$TQ 
mysql_query("SELECT * FROM Botters WHERE Clue > '0'") or die(mysql_error()); 
$RESULT mysql_num_rows($TQ);
    if (
$result == 0) {
        echo 
"They just dont get it!";
        } else {
            echo 
"OMFG!!";
            }
?>
Nespheratu is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-02-2012, 06:29   #7
Deathclaw
Soon™

Deathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond repute
yawn

Let the hate flow through you.
Computer Scientist
Deathclaw is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-02-2012, 07:50   #8
Nespheratu

Nespheratu has a reputation beyond reputeNespheratu has a reputation beyond reputeNespheratu has a reputation beyond reputeNespheratu has a reputation beyond reputeNespheratu has a reputation beyond reputeNespheratu has a reputation beyond reputeNespheratu has a reputation beyond reputeNespheratu has a reputation beyond reputeNespheratu has a reputation beyond reputeNespheratu has a reputation beyond reputeNespheratu has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathclaw View Post
yawn
This is a share of the "Market" meaning trade shares of the OS, not users. I've seen this graph before it was highjacked from Forbes Magazine.

Again I will state LINUX IS FREE it has almost NO SHARE in the stock market with the exception of Red Hat LINUX (which is over $700 for a single license).
$TQ 
    if (
$result == 0) {
        echo 
        } else {
            echo 
"OMFG!!";
            }
?>
Old 06-02-2012, 08:02   #9
Deathclaw
Soon™

Deathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nespheratu View Post
This is a share of the "Market" meaning trade shares of the OS, not users. I've seen this graph before it was highjacked from Forbes Magazine.

Again I will state LINUX IS FREE it has almost NO SHARE in the stock market with the exception of Red Hat LINUX (which is over $700 for a single license).
No. Its based on the OS information that the browser transmits if you visit a website. This diagramm shows how many Wiki users have linux...
Computer Scientist
Old 06-03-2012, 21:22   #10
Nespheratu

I'm not going to argue with you over a high jacked graph a "wiki" determined to be legit.... we all know most (99%) wiki's are all user submitted data and not legitimate sources when citing information basing the usage of one product over another.

Linux is just an all around better OS than any Winblows OS or version of MAC. Its free, lighter, security is build into the kernel so no need to virus software.... I would rather be using linux and so would thousands of others... if gaming were effortlessly possible the world would switch.
$TQ 
    if (
$result == 0) {
        echo 
        } else {
            echo 
"OMFG!!";
            }
?>
Old 06-03-2012, 22:38   #11
StillHeart
Heartless

StillHeart has a reputation beyond reputeStillHeart has a reputation beyond reputeStillHeart has a reputation beyond reputeStillHeart has a reputation beyond reputeStillHeart has a reputation beyond reputeStillHeart has a reputation beyond reputeStillHeart has a reputation beyond reputeStillHeart has a reputation beyond reputeStillHeart has a reputation beyond reputeStillHeart has a reputation beyond reputeStillHeart has a reputation beyond repute
Although, I use Linux from time to time, it is usually used by either people that know a lot about tech or have to use software in their job. None the less, these people are usually smart enough not to play conquer. xD

I'd say sure why not, but TQ probably wouldn't make it because of the reason above. Linux users are usually too smart to bother with Conquer. So many better games. :P
StillHeart is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-03-2012, 23:25   #12
Deathclaw
Soon™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nespheratu View Post
I'm not going to argue with you over a high jacked graph a "wiki" determined to be legit.... we all know most (99%) wiki's are all user submitted data and not legitimate sources when citing information basing the usage of one product over another.

Linux is just an all around better OS than any Winblows OS or version of MAC. Its free, lighter, security is build into the kernel so no need to virus software.... I would rather be using linux and so would thousands of others... if gaming were effortlessly possible the world would switch.
Who cares if it is better. Barely anyone uses it compared to the windows/mac users. This is a fact and everything that matters for TQ.

Its the reason why there a are barely any games for linux.
Computer Scientist

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: