View Poll Results: Should Same-Sex Marriage threads be allowed in the Suggestion Forum?
Yes 5 41.67%
No 6 50.00%
Neutral 1 8.33%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-15-2006, 08:55   #1
MyDysphoria

MyDysphoria is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation The WHY of Same-Sex Marriage Threads (Please Read)

I've been doing a couple of searches for previous threads about this topic, and most of them seemed to be pretty unorganized and depressing to even look at. I can understand why it's hard to follow along with them (I myself had to take sometime to read some of the jarbled text speak that exists nowadays.) I've also seen that the main Post Guidelines had Same-Sex Marriage suggestion threads as the -first- unaccepted kind of thread. Hmm.

I'll grant it that I'm in no league to change anyone's moral views as they are subjective and differ from person to person, so the question I present is not a moral one. Instead, I want to know WHY Same-Sex Marriage suggestion threads are not allowed in the suggestion forum. The Guidelines themselves have no reason posted at all. Is it because too many people approach the topic with no form or stand for reasonable arguement (which leads to so many of the messier threads?) Is it an economical problem (in regards to Bonus EXP for marriage?) Is it a prejudice of the moderators/developers/users? I'm not quite sure, because there isn't enough solid evidence from previous threads for me to draw a conclusion.

If I can figure out WHY the threads are not allowed, then I might be able to provide a reasonable and neutral arguement with a factual basis. Compared to what I've read so far, it hasn't been done so well. Please don't try to flame me (constructive criticism, please.) I'm not trying to impress anything onto anyone.

I thank you for your input.

I think it might work.
MyDysphoria is offline   Share with Facebook
Old 11-15-2006, 09:17   #2
Iselore
QUITED

Iselore has a reputation beyond reputeIselore has a reputation beyond reputeIselore has a reputation beyond reputeIselore has a reputation beyond reputeIselore has a reputation beyond reputeIselore has a reputation beyond reputeIselore has a reputation beyond reputeIselore has a reputation beyond reputeIselore has a reputation beyond reputeIselore has a reputation beyond reputeIselore has a reputation beyond repute
because no!!

. .. . \\\\ [Serwer]: KingJus [Nume]: Katharsis [Clazz]: Archer [lwl]: 123 (RETUIRED)////

. ... . \\\\ [Serwer]: KingJus [Nume]: Iselore [Clazz]: Warrior [lwl]: 121 (RETUIRED)////

. \\\\ [Serwer]: Mercury [Nume]: Katharsis [Clazz]: Archer [lwl]: 130 (RETUIRED) ////

\\\\ [Serwer]: Glory [Nume]: Iselore`s`Hand [Clazz]: Trojan [lwl]: 124 (RETUIRED) ////

.. . \\\\ [Serwer]: Glory [Nume]: Iselore [Clazz]: Fire Saint [lwl]: 125 (RETUIRED)////

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Grammatik macht frei
Iselore is offline   Share with Facebook
Old 11-15-2006, 10:02   #3
Cole_Daniels
I like to play with fire.

Cole_Daniels is an unknown quantity at this point
Same sex marrage suggestions are not allowed because the developers of the game have already stated that they will not, under any circumstances, implement same sex marrages into the game. Because of this, it is pointless to post new threads about it and to spend time arguing why it should be allowed. Despite this, a few people insisted on posting threads requesting same sex marrages until it was added to the forum rules that these threads would result in immediate denial and users were not to make any new threads about the subject. The rule is there simply to keep pointless threads from waisting forum space.

Super Cap +2, 112
Super Bag +2, 116
Elite Bracelet +3, 115
Uni Mana Backsword +4, 115
Uni Robe +3, 115
Super Boots +3, 110
Super Fan +3
Elite Tower +3

Total Bless: -0% Dmg
Total Enchantment: +0 HP
Now improved with 3 sockets!
+45% Nix
Cole_Daniels is offline   Share with Facebook
Old 11-15-2006, 10:48   #4
Durant
Angry X***

Durant has a reputation beyond reputeDurant has a reputation beyond reputeDurant has a reputation beyond reputeDurant has a reputation beyond reputeDurant has a reputation beyond reputeDurant has a reputation beyond reputeDurant has a reputation beyond reputeDurant has a reputation beyond reputeDurant has a reputation beyond reputeDurant has a reputation beyond reputeDurant has a reputation beyond repute
Further to add, you must realize that same sex marriage issues is a highly debatable topic that can result in persecution in more ways than one. Its the reason why It is not asked during interviews for employment due to the fact that some people who are immature to even deal with the issue sensibly will make people who either are for same sex marriages or are in same sex marriages victims of prejudice. Its psychology really that humans fear what they dont understand but its more common sense to set rules in place to avoid an issue that can cause problems.

While you may feel strongly about same sex marriages (whatever your opinion is) I think that it is best to avoid having a discussion on this issue on the base that you will have some moron who will target and pk people who they think are "different" and more so on the forums lead to more flames and sexual insults.

Another thing, when you enter someone's house/country, you should respect their rules that they have in place. I am not saying that you are out of line by questioning the rule but I feel that you should send a private message to a mod or something. It would be completely better for a response than to post it here with the large expectation (you are new so you probably dont know this) that YOU WILL BE FLAMED!

Anyway, good luck but please follow the rules and question ones with discretion.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: