View Poll Results: What (existing) skills should an archer-archer-archer get?
Accuracy 22 2.30%
XP Shield 26 2.72%
Spirit Heal 95 9.94%
Other (please specify!) 85 8.89%
Poison Arror 32 3.35%
Piercing dodge. 179 18.72%
Full Power Scatter Or Advanced Scatter 363 37.97%
Bow Weapon Skill: Critical Hit Randomly 154 16.11%
Voters: 956. You may not vote on this poll

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 06-01-2006, 01:07   #1
Ignacia
[Mod] Dodge this!

Location: Australia Character's Level: 130 Character Class: Pure Fire Equipment: Full super socket Phoenix Gems: 105% FireMeteor / Tornado: Fixed!
Ignacia has a reputation beyond reputeIgnacia has a reputation beyond reputeIgnacia has a reputation beyond reputeIgnacia has a reputation beyond reputeIgnacia has a reputation beyond reputeIgnacia has a reputation beyond reputeIgnacia has a reputation beyond reputeIgnacia has a reputation beyond reputeIgnacia has a reputation beyond reputeIgnacia has a reputation beyond reputeIgnacia has a reputation beyond repute
[Archer] Pure 2nd Rebirth Skills Debate

Clearly, upon the release of the 2nd rebirth skill pages, a lot of people are unhappy that pure classes do not gain any extra skills at all.

As such, as part of a much larger debate, you will get to state your opinion on what skills you think each pure class should receive. Please don't misinterpret these threads as evidence that pure classes will receive these skills in future. While your opinions will be considered, this is only for investigative purposes.

This thread is for pure archers (ie. archer-archer-archer); please don't go into other threads and bash those corresponding pure classes. Additionally, lease don't spam or flame either, there's honestly no need for it here. Discussions are more than welcome, but be wary not to take it too far.

Each thread will have a vote with a few already suggested skills. If you don't agree with them and would like to suggest other skill(s), select other and post your opinion. Note that you can suggest more than one skill!

Additionally, you should note that this is for currently existing skills only.
Please don't suggest new skills of your own.

You should not only consider what you think would be good for your pure class, but also how it affects other classes and overall balancing. Don't suggest, for example, that fire taoists be given fly; it's not going to happen.

Thanks, have fun!

Retired from moderator of Turquoise, Volcano, Kylin, Community, Suggestions, Sagittarius and Off-Topic!
PM me.
Account Issues? File your case here.
Dragonball Issues? Send an email to dragonball@nd.com.cn
New to Conquer Online? Ask Questions here.
Technical and Installation Issues? Click here.
Discovered a bug or glitch that needs reporting? Do so here.
News and updates from the Conquer GMs! Read this.

Stay there for me, trapped in memories..
Ban count: 473+

Last edited by Ignacia; 06-01-2006 at 01:15.
Ignacia is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-01-2006, 01:50   #2
Xeroproject

Xeroproject is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Xeroproject
other: passive poison arrow (like arch>troj psn arrow skill)

Later TQ, my disgust in your greed & poor customer service surpassed the amount of fun your game provided a long time ago. Gone to LOTRO, Gladden server
Retired
Xerojudgement - 130 trojan->130 warrior->130 trojan
Xerotolerance - 110 water-> 130 water-> 80 water
Xeroproject - 123 archer->130 archer
Rum&Coke.kj - 110 water->130 trojan fixed nix

Quote:
Kuoxasar says:
oh **** I give up let's just make some bull**** quest where the prize is disappointment
Xeroproject says:
that is everyday on CO
Xeroproject is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-01-2006, 02:09   #3
DarkHanyou
HawT SeCKs Archer Goddess

DarkHanyou is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to DarkHanyou
The spirit healing would be damn COOL.

[quote]World of Warcraft is infinitely many times better than Conquer Online./quote]
DarkHanyou is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-01-2006, 02:35   #4
ThR
Timmeh!

ThR has a reputation beyond reputeThR has a reputation beyond reputeThR has a reputation beyond reputeThR has a reputation beyond reputeThR has a reputation beyond reputeThR has a reputation beyond reputeThR has a reputation beyond reputeThR has a reputation beyond reputeThR has a reputation beyond reputeThR has a reputation beyond reputeThR has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by ThR
Really a pity one can't suggest new skills. Cause I do think all pure classes deserve some extra credit, something that is solely for the pure classes and which you can't get access to any other way. Maybe something the same for all pure classes, some advantage over the non-pure ones.. Just my opinion

And I don't think SpiritHealing is a good idea in this case, Archers can already fly to be saved from melee damage, SpiritHeal would save them from Taoists too..

I can't really think of anything but the PoisonArrows. All Archer>Archer>Something classes get FreezingArrow AND PoisonArrow, why would the pure version only get FreezingArrow?
Skill: priceless.
There are some things money can't buy, for everything else there's MasterCard.

Tiger --> Aries
ThR.
TROJAN/WARRIOR SacredAvengerGuildLeader
***9608;***9608;***9608;***9608;***9608;***9608;***9608;***9608;***9608;***9608;***9608;***9608;***9608;***9608;***9608;***9608;***9608;***9608;***9608;***9608;***9608;***9608;***9608;***9608;***9608;***9608;***9608;
***9608;***9608;***9608;***9608;***9608;***9608;***9608;***9608;***9608;***9608;***9608;***9608;***9608;***9608;***9608;***9608;***9608;***9608;***9608;***9608;***9608;***9608;***9608;***9608;***9608;***9608;***9608;

Originally posted by Keith_Dragoon
Call ThR teh forum sniper, u mess with his friends and he will blow ya brains out with his words!
ThR is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-01-2006, 02:41   #5
Rubenato
Game Master

Rubenato is an unknown quantity at this point
Something that gives archers more power for a short time. Like Superman. Only I think Superman might be too powerfull.

Just...something to increase the attack of a archer for like 60 seconds.

This because then archers would be better in pvp, and it would be handy during plvl .

Firetaos got dodge, warrior reflect, and trojans just really high defence. So if this game is gonna be any fun for archer in pvp...then i think a attack increasing skill for archers would be great.

but only for, Archer -> Archer -> Archer

so that its hard to get the skill...and not everybody hops around with it...then the other clases can still lvlup nicely

So Basicly, Superman......but....weaker :P

Ill plvl you for the right price

=====>Godfrey's Fanclub<=====

Members:
SirDragon, Kreig (the mascot), Life, Lord~Protector, BrokenDreams (the old punky)

(stupid forum was pooped up....so dunno who was in this wonderfull fanclub annymore , but pls tell me if u want in :P)

Last edited by Rubenato; 06-01-2006 at 02:43.
Rubenato is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-01-2006, 02:52   #6
aqzman
Banned

aqzman is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to aqzman
Accuracy - Archers already have insane amount of dex, so this wouldn't do much, besides make increase the attack a LITTLE.

XP Shield - Ya, not being able to fly is awesome.

Spirit Heal - This is actually pretty good. Its annoying being on an archer with so little HP and not being able to heal the little you actually have because you're lacking a pot.

The only real skills that would be useful for archers is something that increases attack a little, I guess like what the person above me suggested.

A skill that lowers dodge would actually be really useful. so much so that archer might actually be useful in PVP again. This would have to be a stamina skill though because if it was XP it would be fairly useless. Although, the problem with this being a stamina skill is that to use int+rapid fire the archer would have to charage up again.

My one last idea is more of an idea, rather then a skill. With the little attack archers have it would be great if there was an item only pure archers could get, it would be an arrow holder. It could have a certain amount of attack and be fixed. Or maybe even you get it unique and you can super and socket it, that wouold be great. I doubt anything like this would ever get put into place though.

Thats my idea, hope theres atleast something put into place because I plan to reborn my main archer a second time when he's 130 again.
aqzman is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-01-2006, 02:56   #7
Bob 7)(3 Fish
OMFGROFLMFAO!!

Bob 7)(3 Fish is on a distinguished road
i think some sort of critical hit would be good.. like the freezing arrow it would go off randomly, but maybe do like double damage or something

AtlantisGuild Leader

o=[====> Bobthefish - Level 120 Archer -> Level 130 Trojan
o=[====> Chael - Level 110 Water Tao -> Level 94 Water Tao
o=[====> .!.(^_^).!. - Level 111 Trojan (planning to reborn to archer :P)
o=[====> Mat_Cauthan - Level 106 Warrior

Quitted Rly!
Bob 7)(3 Fish is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-01-2006, 03:00   #8
Mench
OMG i Noob

Mench is an unknown quantity at this point
i would have to say and existing skill to give archers would be penetrate the same as dagger but for for bow of course it would have to be a bit easer to lvl

Lion -> SnowFall -> HangingGardens -> Gryphon
Mench lvl 110-130-115+ Reborn Water>Fire>Fire Married to Selyndria
Looser lvl 130-130 Reborn Archer>Archer Married to
N00B lvl 130-130-130 Reborn Warrior>Warrior>Fire Married to Budsturga

***9829;Kylie***9829;
Mench is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-01-2006, 04:34   #9
Anpu

Anpu is an unknown quantity at this point
XP skill: poison arrow rain
Anpu is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-01-2006, 04:42   #10
PetRock
Shroom!

PetRock has a reputation beyond reputePetRock has a reputation beyond reputePetRock has a reputation beyond reputePetRock has a reputation beyond reputePetRock has a reputation beyond reputePetRock has a reputation beyond reputePetRock has a reputation beyond reputePetRock has a reputation beyond reputePetRock has a reputation beyond reputePetRock has a reputation beyond reputePetRock has a reputation beyond repute
Spirit healing or a better version of freezing arrows that can also mitigate dodge randomly

FML
Texts from Last Night

Currently playing: WoW
PetRock is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-01-2006, 05:47   #11
Haruko Haruhara
Banned

Haruko Haruhara is an unknown quantity at this point
give us mega dodge... or something so that when other archers try and either ks us or fight with us... we can own them easy even with their full sockets
Haruko Haruhara is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-01-2006, 06:37   #12
Zhang(freedom)
Quiteded

Zhang(freedom) has a reputation beyond reputeZhang(freedom) has a reputation beyond reputeZhang(freedom) has a reputation beyond reputeZhang(freedom) has a reputation beyond reputeZhang(freedom) has a reputation beyond reputeZhang(freedom) has a reputation beyond reputeZhang(freedom) has a reputation beyond reputeZhang(freedom) has a reputation beyond reputeZhang(freedom) has a reputation beyond reputeZhang(freedom) has a reputation beyond reputeZhang(freedom) has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Zhang(freedom)
i voted other. I have always believed that archers need the ability to randomly pierce dodge.

A faded legend on Freedom
Zhang - level 104 fire>fire (Laziest tao on the server)
Aureas - level 113 trojan (first fixed nix on Freedom)
Unattained ambitions, abandoned on KingJus
Zhang - level 80 trojan (yes I did just take 100 dmg)
.Zhang. - level 72 archer (the hunter who never hunted)
Living anew on Eredar
Zhalseran - level 70 Night Elf Rogue (Teh Z rebornded)
Giraffe - level 70 Night Elf Priest (Teh healzornelf)

Still loving ShadowKatt, now and forever &#9829
Zhang(freedom) is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-01-2006, 07:12   #13
MDLR
Chief Noob

MDLR is an unknown quantity at this point
full power scatter
MDLR is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-01-2006, 07:18   #14
Florescence
Flame plz.

Florescence has a reputation beyond reputeFlorescence has a reputation beyond reputeFlorescence has a reputation beyond reputeFlorescence has a reputation beyond reputeFlorescence has a reputation beyond reputeFlorescence has a reputation beyond reputeFlorescence has a reputation beyond reputeFlorescence has a reputation beyond reputeFlorescence has a reputation beyond reputeFlorescence has a reputation beyond reputeFlorescence has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by Zhang(freedom)
i voted other. I have always believed that archers need the ability to randomly pierce dodge.
BORISEX
SilkyJohnson

Working Conquer Boulevard for:
SilkyJohnson (pimpin' ftw)

-retired-
cailin-127 water>130 archer
Quote:
Originally posted by Xeroproject
What she said, <3 for Flore
Quote:
Originally posted by **diamondz**
AYE HAWRT FLOR!
Florescence is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-01-2006, 07:22   #15
fighternl
ProFighter

fighternl is an unknown quantity at this point
Arrow Wave: full stamina when you use it you will create horizontal wave of arrows not too short not too long these arrows will give players and monsters some damage when it hits players they will not get destroyed until they reached the end of the map

THE ONLY ONE! is me hahaha

Last edited by fighternl; 06-01-2006 at 12:33.
fighternl is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: