Old 02-20-2017, 04:31   #1
IshyFishy ><>
NubArcher

IshyFishy ><> has a reputation beyond reputeIshyFishy ><> has a reputation beyond reputeIshyFishy ><> has a reputation beyond reputeIshyFishy ><> has a reputation beyond reputeIshyFishy ><> has a reputation beyond reputeIshyFishy ><> has a reputation beyond reputeIshyFishy ><> has a reputation beyond reputeIshyFishy ><> has a reputation beyond reputeIshyFishy ><> has a reputation beyond reputeIshyFishy ><> has a reputation beyond reputeIshyFishy ><> has a reputation beyond repute
Great to see this game is still alive!

I stopped playing this game about High School... it's been so long (and now I've finished uni). What's so funny (or sad, in a way) is that most people active here are from pre-2009. It's outlived so many other multiplayer online rpgs I've seen.

Anyways looking to log into my Eagle character and see what's up!
Old 02-20-2017, 04:57   #2
LightSword
Psycho

LightSword has a reputation beyond reputeLightSword has a reputation beyond reputeLightSword has a reputation beyond reputeLightSword has a reputation beyond reputeLightSword has a reputation beyond reputeLightSword has a reputation beyond reputeLightSword has a reputation beyond reputeLightSword has a reputation beyond reputeLightSword has a reputation beyond reputeLightSword has a reputation beyond reputeLightSword has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by IshyFishy ><> View Post
I stopped playing this game about High School... it's been so long (and now I've finished uni). What's so funny (or sad, in a way) is that most people active here are from pre-2009. It's outlived so many other multiplayer online rpgs I've seen.

Not much is up - Alive is subjective. Logging in briefly and all the buttons and bright coloured armours etc. The game is super saturated and isn't the same. Still Fun i imagine.

Tiger - 2006 RIP.

LightSword - 132 2nd RB Trojan

The Legendary CrimsonBlade Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rxin View Post
About this issue, it is true that players can change equipment after they enter the PK map. But please be noted that the reward is quite different in differnt groups, if you choose to go to lower BP group, you won't get as good reward as higher BP group.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nacitar View Post
Aimbot with herc? Crack much?
LightSword is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-20-2017, 13:20   #3
IshyFishy ><>
NubArcher

IshyFishy ><> has a reputation beyond reputeIshyFishy ><> has a reputation beyond reputeIshyFishy ><> has a reputation beyond reputeIshyFishy ><> has a reputation beyond reputeIshyFishy ><> has a reputation beyond reputeIshyFishy ><> has a reputation beyond reputeIshyFishy ><> has a reputation beyond reputeIshyFishy ><> has a reputation beyond reputeIshyFishy ><> has a reputation beyond reputeIshyFishy ><> has a reputation beyond reputeIshyFishy ><> has a reputation beyond repute
Ok yeah you;re right. This isn't as enchanting as it was in high school.
Old 02-20-2017, 19:36   #4
Rxin
Super Moderator

Rxin has a reputation beyond reputeRxin has a reputation beyond reputeRxin has a reputation beyond reputeRxin has a reputation beyond reputeRxin has a reputation beyond reputeRxin has a reputation beyond reputeRxin has a reputation beyond reputeRxin has a reputation beyond reputeRxin has a reputation beyond reputeRxin has a reputation beyond reputeRxin has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Ok yeah you;re right. This isn't as enchanting as it was in high school.
Why? It would be great if you can tell us more detail about it.
Rxin is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-20-2017, 20:16   #5
trunks006
ZAINIE PIE

trunks006 has a reputation beyond reputetrunks006 has a reputation beyond reputetrunks006 has a reputation beyond reputetrunks006 has a reputation beyond reputetrunks006 has a reputation beyond reputetrunks006 has a reputation beyond reputetrunks006 has a reputation beyond reputetrunks006 has a reputation beyond reputetrunks006 has a reputation beyond reputetrunks006 has a reputation beyond reputetrunks006 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to trunks006
Quote:
Not same guy but I had the same reaction when I had trying getting back into it a month or two ago -- CO used to be no flash, all substance. It's the opposite now -- all flash, no substance

bright colors, flashy animations, more buttons, all without any change to resolution options makes the game feel congested and claustrophobic.

There used to be a sense of discovery because nobody knew for sure what was what. Now its all provided and explained in game or on the website. The game will quite literally run you automatically to places you need to go, negating the need to scour every inch of a map to find quest related things.

You can argue that all of it was done in an effort to bring in newer players but ultimately if the payoff between newer players joining and older players leaving is too far skewed in the latter's direction, it's not a good decision to be doing.

Ultimately, historically TQ has never been the best at UNDERSTANDING it's player base. Hell, pirates and ninjas were added to the game because of the forum users pretending to be them IRONICALLY yet nobody at headquarters clued into that. THERE WAS EVEN A WHOLE UPDATE ABOUT PIRATES VS NINJAS. I'M LITERALLY LAUGHING AT THE RIDICULOUSNESS OF IT ALL JUST THINKING ABOUT IT.

[Friend]Taunt speaks to Taggerung: what colour is your nipples?[21:54]
[Friend]Taggerung speaks to Taunt: wow.[21:55]
[Friend]Taunt speaks to Taggerung: what u got saggy ones[21:55]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Promethean View Post
Next thing you know, you're driving out to a remote site with a dead hooker in the boot of your car, a tourniquet still wrapped around your left arm and a shotgun with only one cartridge on the front seat.
trunks006 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-20-2017, 20:59   #6
Returning
Retired.

Returning has a reputation beyond reputeReturning has a reputation beyond reputeReturning has a reputation beyond reputeReturning has a reputation beyond reputeReturning has a reputation beyond reputeReturning has a reputation beyond reputeReturning has a reputation beyond reputeReturning has a reputation beyond reputeReturning has a reputation beyond reputeReturning has a reputation beyond reputeReturning has a reputation beyond repute
If I may chime in for just a minute, there is little you can do to "work on your character" at least to the value of making an impact that will benefit you in the next decade. When co first came out there was no shopping mall, thus players had a stead market being able to buy +'s from people who would take time out of their day and hunt. Now it's all bulk this bulk that bulk here bulk there. Even the quests now are just bulk to get something rare, "look at ms co, saint event etc" All your quests are either bulk to get the item or have a VERY LOW chance of getting it any other way.

The Summary: You need to put in quests, and things where people can once again work to gather, like players use to moonbox farm for people who would farm reborns back when it was legal, and still is totally legal, yet you guys randomly said NAH ITS ILLEGAL NOW even though people have been doing this since the game first came out with water factories. You need to put things in the game for people to only be able to work towards and not buy. If you want to add cool cosmetics to just purchase that's cool a lot of games do that.

You could put in events for cups of people that will NEVER be able to get the gold cup, or even silver/bronze. Have a quest where you can work your ass off to get it not just some pk tournament which is again 99.9% of time won by bulkers to get another rare cup.

You need to add in PVE aspects of the game, something like a dungeon, if you mess something up everyone dies and you have to reset the instance and not be able to revive there, much like all other mmos. Have the payoff worth it though.

Again, suggestions quest only garms that are not bound so people can work for and sell to others, however don't make it gear based if you want to do this make skill PK stats for these quests. Don't put bulkers ahead of everyone else, if they want to they can buy the items from other people that work for them.

This would make the game alive again and give people to do, as is now people do their dailies, weeklys then afk or in some instances arena for a few mins. Give people quests to work towards, not bulk towards, and you will see your playerbase become active again. Just make them hard, not bulker only or gtfo impossible.

Thanks for reading, you can hire me anytime np. GL
Returning is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-10-2017, 19:40   #7
Nicknac425

Nicknac425 has a reputation beyond reputeNicknac425 has a reputation beyond reputeNicknac425 has a reputation beyond reputeNicknac425 has a reputation beyond reputeNicknac425 has a reputation beyond reputeNicknac425 has a reputation beyond reputeNicknac425 has a reputation beyond reputeNicknac425 has a reputation beyond reputeNicknac425 has a reputation beyond reputeNicknac425 has a reputation beyond reputeNicknac425 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by trunks006 View Post
Not same guy but I had the same reaction when I had trying getting back into it a month or two ago -- CO used to be no flash, all substance. It's the opposite now -- all flash, no substance

bright colors, flashy animations, more buttons, all without any change to resolution options makes the game feel congested and claustrophobic.

There used to be a sense of discovery because nobody knew for sure what was what. Now its all provided and explained in game or on the website. The game will quite literally run you automatically to places you need to go, negating the need to scour every inch of a map to find quest related things.

You can argue that all of it was done in an effort to bring in newer players but ultimately if the payoff between newer players joining and older players leaving is too far skewed in the latter's direction, it's not a good decision to be doing.

Ultimately, historically TQ has never been the best at UNDERSTANDING it's player base. Hell, pirates and ninjas were added to the game because of the forum users pretending to be them IRONICALLY yet nobody at headquarters clued into that. THERE WAS EVEN A WHOLE UPDATE ABOUT PIRATES VS NINJAS. I'M LITERALLY LAUGHING AT THE RIDICULOUSNESS OF IT ALL JUST THINKING ABOUT IT.
Not much activity on the forum anymore either.... I know this thread is old, but I would have to agree 100%.
Nicknac425 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-20-2017, 23:54   #8
IshyFishy ><>
NubArcher

Quote:
In high school the dominant ways people would fight would be skill based. The characters appearance and animations are much cooler now but as a game it's not worth the time+$/immersion (just my opinion).

The second reason is my fault. I want to move out soon, so I'd rather save up money on a deposit.

With all that said I'd love to see CO live on, maybe I can show it to my kids one day as a sort of trinket of my past.
Old 02-21-2017, 03:36   #9
Locky
Boogey

Locky has a reputation beyond reputeLocky has a reputation beyond reputeLocky has a reputation beyond reputeLocky has a reputation beyond reputeLocky has a reputation beyond reputeLocky has a reputation beyond reputeLocky has a reputation beyond reputeLocky has a reputation beyond reputeLocky has a reputation beyond reputeLocky has a reputation beyond reputeLocky has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
maybe I can show it to my kids
Please don't..
Old 02-22-2017, 05:30   #10
LightSword
Psycho

LightSword has a reputation beyond reputeLightSword has a reputation beyond reputeLightSword has a reputation beyond reputeLightSword has a reputation beyond reputeLightSword has a reputation beyond reputeLightSword has a reputation beyond reputeLightSword has a reputation beyond reputeLightSword has a reputation beyond reputeLightSword has a reputation beyond reputeLightSword has a reputation beyond reputeLightSword has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
I was fine with Lottery etc - It's just Potency ( Original Name ) Catered to whales only. The game is now just full of people who have dropped loads of cash - and are completely toxic. Also Adding items as cash grabs ( Fans/towers/wings ) didn't improve the SUBSTANCE of the game as Trunks said.

Every patch since then has not improved the way Conquer Play's - It's gone from a decent game to a "Kung fu game" With poker...

IF you made an original 2006/2007 server loads of people would come back to the game. Not like the classic we currently have.

Anyone new to the game has NO CHANCE in hell of competing with those without spending money. Changes to Moonboxing etc completely ruined the way for noobs to make cash without spending real life money on the game.

RXIN PLEASE

Tiger - 2006 RIP.

LightSword - 132 2nd RB Trojan

The Legendary CrimsonBlade Crew

Quote:
About this issue, it is true that players can change equipment after they enter the PK map. But please be noted that the reward is quite different in differnt groups, if you choose to go to lower BP group, you won't get as good reward as higher BP group.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nacitar View Post
Aimbot with herc? Crack much?

Last edited by LightSword; 02-22-2017 at 06:36.
LightSword is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-20-2017, 13:11   #11
Locky
Boogey

Locky has a reputation beyond reputeLocky has a reputation beyond reputeLocky has a reputation beyond reputeLocky has a reputation beyond reputeLocky has a reputation beyond reputeLocky has a reputation beyond reputeLocky has a reputation beyond reputeLocky has a reputation beyond reputeLocky has a reputation beyond reputeLocky has a reputation beyond reputeLocky has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:

What youll see is goals u are never gonna reach unless u uber bulk

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: