View Poll Results: do you like the idea of this epic skill?
Yes 3 42.86%
No (tell me why) 4 57.14%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 04-21-2015, 06:25   #1
LightOfAngel
Suomi prkl

LightOfAngel has a reputation beyond reputeLightOfAngel has a reputation beyond reputeLightOfAngel has a reputation beyond reputeLightOfAngel has a reputation beyond reputeLightOfAngel has a reputation beyond reputeLightOfAngel has a reputation beyond reputeLightOfAngel has a reputation beyond reputeLightOfAngel has a reputation beyond reputeLightOfAngel has a reputation beyond reputeLightOfAngel has a reputation beyond reputeLightOfAngel has a reputation beyond repute
Warrior Epic skill

i was thinking with my friends that warriors should have a skill that it throws a shield.... i know i think this have been suggested before

AND

they would lose the shield for the small amount of the time and they will lose the bonus defence from the shield they have... example supershield+12 lvl 140 they would lose 3752 def(superlvl140) and 2763 def(+12)

BUT

The throwing attack would be a massive strong attack

I DONT WANT WARRIOR CLASS TO BE OVER POWER LIKE NINJAS... warriors are weak after these new epic skills come to ninja and trojan... before epic skills warriors were balanced

EDIT: (people wants throwing spear)
if TQ does make throwing spear then i want TQ to make a skill that is similar to stig BUT! if TQ make throwing shield i prefer adding more defence w/o a need to use any skills... example put more def on armor, helmet and shield + they will lose shield's defence when throw the shield

(2RB Warrior-Warrior-Warrior)
(lvl 135) <- playing on this acc more nowadays

(2RB Ninja-Ninja-Ninja)
(lvl 138) [TF Fixed, PS Fixed, CK Fixed] <- each skill i've fixed first on my server

Last update 26th Aug. 2011

Last edited by LightOfAngel; 04-23-2015 at 05:11.
LightOfAngel is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 04-21-2015, 08:35   #2
Snak3y

Snak3y has a reputation beyond reputeSnak3y has a reputation beyond reputeSnak3y has a reputation beyond reputeSnak3y has a reputation beyond reputeSnak3y has a reputation beyond reputeSnak3y has a reputation beyond reputeSnak3y has a reputation beyond reputeSnak3y has a reputation beyond reputeSnak3y has a reputation beyond reputeSnak3y has a reputation beyond reputeSnak3y has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by LightOfAngel View Post
i was thinking with my friends that warriors should have a skill that it throws a shield.... i know i think this have been suggested before

AND

they would lose the shield for the small amount of the time and they will lose the bonus defence from the shield they have... example supershield+12 lvl 140 they would lose 3752 def(superlvl140) and 2763 def(+12)

BUT

The throwing attack would be a massive strong attack
They should also lose the other stats, not only defence.

They kept showing warrior on the background image from their official site a bit too much lately and it makes me think that warrior will be the next one to get epic. As of a skill, they will get a charging skill like the one dragon warriors have.

Won't vote on your pole, too much weapon throwing in the game.
Old 04-21-2015, 09:24   #3
XShinryuX
Survivor

XShinryuX has a reputation beyond reputeXShinryuX has a reputation beyond reputeXShinryuX has a reputation beyond reputeXShinryuX has a reputation beyond reputeXShinryuX has a reputation beyond reputeXShinryuX has a reputation beyond reputeXShinryuX has a reputation beyond reputeXShinryuX has a reputation beyond reputeXShinryuX has a reputation beyond reputeXShinryuX has a reputation beyond reputeXShinryuX has a reputation beyond repute
While the idea is silly, I prefer if you throw the spear rather than the shield.
It make more sense if the thrown object is the spear, if you wanna give a skill that do massive damage when thrown.
XShinryuX is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 04-21-2015, 12:44   #4
BotHunter4Good
The Devil

BotHunter4Good has a reputation beyond reputeBotHunter4Good has a reputation beyond reputeBotHunter4Good has a reputation beyond reputeBotHunter4Good has a reputation beyond reputeBotHunter4Good has a reputation beyond reputeBotHunter4Good has a reputation beyond reputeBotHunter4Good has a reputation beyond reputeBotHunter4Good has a reputation beyond reputeBotHunter4Good has a reputation beyond reputeBotHunter4Good has a reputation beyond reputeBotHunter4Good has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by XShinryuX View Post
While the idea is silly, I prefer if you throw the spear rather than the shield.
It make more sense if the thrown object is the spear, if you wanna give a skill that do massive damage when thrown.
Well actually I perfer the shield as throwing object. It does sound good because of Captain America style.
But.....
It's need something more on the line to the shield effect and etc etc.

http://bbs.co.91.com/showthread.php?t=717038

Check this Suggestion about monopoly :-P
http://bbs.co.91.com/showthread.php?...1#post11085161

The Devil is back in Action

The most retarded ever
http://www.ilechoo.com/gallery/albums/gifs/retard.gif
  1. Clenk~V.13
  2. Mikeyy
  3. yogosun
  4. chaosknightray
  5. ConquerCatcher

^-- Enjoy yourself noobs.
BotHunter4Good is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 04-21-2015, 12:51   #5
ytchSlap

ytchSlap has a reputation beyond reputeytchSlap has a reputation beyond reputeytchSlap has a reputation beyond reputeytchSlap has a reputation beyond reputeytchSlap has a reputation beyond reputeytchSlap has a reputation beyond reputeytchSlap has a reputation beyond reputeytchSlap has a reputation beyond reputeytchSlap has a reputation beyond reputeytchSlap has a reputation beyond reputeytchSlap has a reputation beyond repute
Warriors should've low attack with active skills.

gurleen
~Pain~

Dragon

Pretty~Princesa
ytchSlap is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 04-21-2015, 14:28   #6
Megalodon

Megalodon is on a distinguished road
Better to use the weapons , not to throw them
I prefer skill like super dash. To stun ( freeze ) the target for 3-4 sec and 50 pct chance to dismount somebody.
Megalodon is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 04-21-2015, 15:20   #7
BotHunter4Good
The Devil

BotHunter4Good has a reputation beyond reputeBotHunter4Good has a reputation beyond reputeBotHunter4Good has a reputation beyond reputeBotHunter4Good has a reputation beyond reputeBotHunter4Good has a reputation beyond reputeBotHunter4Good has a reputation beyond reputeBotHunter4Good has a reputation beyond reputeBotHunter4Good has a reputation beyond reputeBotHunter4Good has a reputation beyond reputeBotHunter4Good has a reputation beyond reputeBotHunter4Good has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Megalodon View Post
Better to use the weapons , not to throw them
I prefer skill like super dash. To stun ( freeze ) the target for 3-4 sec and 50 pct chance to dismount somebody.
Na.. We don't need stun skills. And we seriously don't need dismount skill as everyone got dismount skill...

We need something that help warriors and not for teaming.

I'm thinking more of where Warrior can Deactive people epic skills as player can't use epic skills until up to 4 - 6 second and do only half of the damages.

Where you can swing your shield at your opponent with chain attach to the shield and weapon.

The most retarded ever
  1. Clenk~V.13
  2. Mikeyy
  3. yogosun
  4. chaosknightray
  5. ConquerCatcher

Old 04-21-2015, 15:27   #8
BotHunter4Good
The Devil

Just remember everyone You cannot have epic skills that have two handed weapon and shield togethers because not everyone want to be pure warrior.

So It's either epic skills for one handed weapon with shield or epic weapon for two handed weapon.

The most retarded ever
  1. Clenk~V.13
  2. Mikeyy
  3. yogosun
  4. chaosknightray
  5. ConquerCatcher

Old 04-21-2015, 15:28   #9
BotHunter4Good
The Devil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megalodon View Post
50 pct chance to dismount somebody.
Also it won't be any good to use it in arena or where as you can't mount.

The most retarded ever
  1. Clenk~V.13
  2. Mikeyy
  3. yogosun
  4. chaosknightray
  5. ConquerCatcher

Old 04-23-2015, 05:05   #10
LightOfAngel
Suomi prkl

LightOfAngel has a reputation beyond reputeLightOfAngel has a reputation beyond reputeLightOfAngel has a reputation beyond reputeLightOfAngel has a reputation beyond reputeLightOfAngel has a reputation beyond reputeLightOfAngel has a reputation beyond reputeLightOfAngel has a reputation beyond reputeLightOfAngel has a reputation beyond reputeLightOfAngel has a reputation beyond reputeLightOfAngel has a reputation beyond reputeLightOfAngel has a reputation beyond repute
if TQ does make throwing spear then i want TQ to make a skill that is similar to stig BUT! if TQ make throwing shield i prefer adding more defence w/o a need to use any skills... example put more def on armor, helmet and shield + they will lose shield's defence when throw the shield

(2RB Warrior-Warrior-Warrior)
(lvl 135) <- playing on this acc more nowadays

(2RB Ninja-Ninja-Ninja)
(lvl 138) [TF Fixed, PS Fixed, CK Fixed] <- each skill i've fixed first on my server

Last update 26th Aug. 2011
LightOfAngel is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-09-2015, 22:24   #11
Axjon
Bow Archer

Axjon has a reputation beyond reputeAxjon has a reputation beyond reputeAxjon has a reputation beyond reputeAxjon has a reputation beyond reputeAxjon has a reputation beyond reputeAxjon has a reputation beyond reputeAxjon has a reputation beyond reputeAxjon has a reputation beyond reputeAxjon has a reputation beyond reputeAxjon has a reputation beyond reputeAxjon has a reputation beyond repute
No. No. No. Someone, take this thread down before TQ gets any more bad ideas!

And I had a long-winded and very detailed assessment of why not, but I timed out so I'll try to make this one shorter and sweeter.

Quote:

AND

they would lose the shield for the small amount of the time and they will lose the bonus defence from the shield they have... example supershield+12 lvl 140 they would lose 3752 def(superlvl140) and 2763 def(+12)...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snak3y View Post
They should also lose the other stats, not only defence...
Firstly, since the Warrior class had been overlooked for years before its minor upgrade (where it received Defensive Stance, Shield Block and Magic Defender), why give this long overlooked class a skill that temporarily weakens it? Why should it be the only class that has a skill that weakens itself? And the amount it is weakened is paramount; I'm only 138 myself, but in that, my stats aren't too far off from a 140 Warrior since I'm full perm P7 and +12. Thus, you would be losing around:

* 429 P-atk
* 6,500 Defense
* 39% Magic defense
* 5,700 HP (200 HP enchantment added in here)
* 21% Antibreak/Counteraction
* 10% Immunity
* All of your block unless you use the 10% on your headgear!
* Two super gems
* 7% bless
* 25 Metal, Wood, Water, Fire and Earth resistances (not that these matter)

I'm not sure you put into consideration how detrimental all of these functions together would be to lose at once. For HP, the Warrior currently averages the least HP beside bow Archer which has all but died out. For many Warriors, even with our superior defenses, outside of our defensive buffs, a difference in 5.7k HP can mean the difference between being 1-2 hit by another class. If you don't use p-defense in chi, losing shield's stats will put you (at full +12, perm P7, level 138) at around 18,000 defense---a 1,000 difference in the amount of defense a full +12 level 140 TAOIST has, approximately 17,000! Do you not see the imbalance issue with that, how greatly they would be weakened? That very issue is the second thing:

Let's remark on how counterintuitive it is to the very purpose of the HIGH DEFENSE class to compromise any defense. And that's what you'd be doing, temporarily losing 6 or 7 parts of defense and survivability: HP, defense, mdef, antibreak, immunity, blessing and---if you use them in your shield---tortoise gems.

Quote:
EDIT: (people wants throwing spear)
A Throwing Spear/Spear Chuck attack would also be counterintuitive as it would limit the Warrior to the spear and thusly to pure Warrior, which is already a questionable build. If this were to be implemented, it would need to be able to throw whatever weapon the user has when equipped with the shield.

Don't get me wrong, to just keep up with the other melee classes who now spam ranged skills for crazy amounts of DPS, we Warriors will require a ranged skill of our own, or more lucrative defense buffs, but to suggest tampering with the very core of who our class is just to get in one more good hit is beyond preposterous (although it's equally preposterous to realize that Warrior only has one class-only skill, Dash, which may just be the hardest skill to pull off in real time gameplay).

What I imagine is;
A) A sort of Super Dash/Soldier's Charge where the Warrior rushes across the screen in a line, damaging, pushing back/dragging with and stunning all who are in his path. This could be for medium damage where the stun should be used to melee the target(s) afterward. The length of stun can even be BP-based. It would work like Ninja epic, where you can evade it and it would have a short cooldown
Or:
B) a Shield Bash/Shield Slam where The Warrior jumps across the screen, slamming down on his shield doing damage to all within a certain AOE. It would work like Trojan epic where you spam it until you're out of stamina.

But under no circumstance should the Warrior compromise its defenses.

Lastly, Warrior epic weapon effects should be on shield only to allow the class the versatility of using multiple weapons while not limiting its effectiveness solely to pure Warrior.

~ First +12 Bow WS
~ First full +12 warrior WS
~ First full perm warrior WS

Last edited by Axjon; 05-11-2015 at 09:09. Reason: putting in quotes
Axjon is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-11-2015, 02:19   #12
Snak3y

Snak3y has a reputation beyond reputeSnak3y has a reputation beyond reputeSnak3y has a reputation beyond reputeSnak3y has a reputation beyond reputeSnak3y has a reputation beyond reputeSnak3y has a reputation beyond reputeSnak3y has a reputation beyond reputeSnak3y has a reputation beyond reputeSnak3y has a reputation beyond reputeSnak3y has a reputation beyond reputeSnak3y has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axjon View Post
If clubs and swords can be transformed into the same epic weapon, there probably won't be any problems with transforming a spear or a dagger into the same epic weapon. If they can transform 2 weapons, be sure that they will transform both weapons. Look at taoists, they had only 1 weapon so they added an extra weapon to make them pay the same price as the others.

Ninjas also have scythe, yet only katanas can be transformed.

What I want most is to keep the same visual concept: a shield and a weapon.
Old 05-11-2015, 08:30   #13
Axjon
Bow Archer

Axjon has a reputation beyond reputeAxjon has a reputation beyond reputeAxjon has a reputation beyond reputeAxjon has a reputation beyond reputeAxjon has a reputation beyond reputeAxjon has a reputation beyond reputeAxjon has a reputation beyond reputeAxjon has a reputation beyond reputeAxjon has a reputation beyond reputeAxjon has a reputation beyond reputeAxjon has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
...What I want most is to keep the same visual concept: a shield and a weapon.
That's exactly the point of my post: maintaining the concept of the class in question is key: for what I was ranting about, not losing the mechanical concept (the defenses) is the most important factor as that was the OP's suggestion, to momentarily lose defenses via throwing the shield.

However, I do completely agree that the visual concept is equally important but that goes without saying.

Quote:
If clubs and swords can be transformed into the same epic weapon, there probably won't be any problems with transforming a spear or a dagger into the same epic weapon. If they can transform 2 weapons, be sure that they will transform both weapons...
I know they can make it so any weapon can be transformed into an epic weapon, but my other point was that so far in the discussion, people have only spoken of transforming the spear. Spear this, spear that. Not all Warriors are pure Warrior to use 2h + shield. How limiting it would be for a Warrior only to use epic skills with a 2h + shield and thus with only a pure Warrior. No other class' epic limits their class to one rebirth route as that would.

Quote:
...Look at taoists, they had only 1 weapon so they added an extra weapon to make them pay the same price as the others.

Ninjas also have scythe, yet only katanas can be transformed...
And I will clarify the statement you're referring to from my first post:

If the concept was that each class should be equal in needing to make two items epic (Trojan's 2x 1h; Ninja's 2x katana; Tao's bs + Hossu), and I referred to only the shield needing to be epic, in that case, the shield can just cost (in cps, through questing and time) the amount of both epic weapons to even it out OR whichever weapon the Warrior has equipped with shield at the end of the quest should be epicked.

However, the current epics still aren't necessarily equal at the time being:

Hossu can't be socketed and therefore we can assume it costs less to make from the ground up (all equipment was made from the ground up at some point whether by the person epicking them or not) and for this reason, Tao epic is thereby unequal.

If no one is truly thinking of class balance in their suggestions, then everyone would be just doing the very poor job of that very concept for the makers of this game that they have been doing since day one.

~ First +12 Bow WS
~ First full +12 warrior WS
~ First full perm warrior WS

Last edited by Axjon; 05-11-2015 at 09:02. Reason: putting in quotes
Axjon is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-11-2015, 09:06   #14
Snak3y

You are thinking too much and fail to see the main goal behind epic weapons.

This is not about how much money TQ lost in the past or how easy taoists had it with only 1 weapon to upgrade, compared to the others.

This is about how much money TQ can make TODAY and TOMORROW. Taoists had only one weapon, the other classes have 2. It was almost natural to go for a second weapon.

It is about getting a lot of money and fast, no extra work if possible. Look how much time they put into developing epic quests...
Old 05-11-2015, 09:13   #15
XShinryuX
Survivor

XShinryuX has a reputation beyond reputeXShinryuX has a reputation beyond reputeXShinryuX has a reputation beyond reputeXShinryuX has a reputation beyond reputeXShinryuX has a reputation beyond reputeXShinryuX has a reputation beyond reputeXShinryuX has a reputation beyond reputeXShinryuX has a reputation beyond reputeXShinryuX has a reputation beyond reputeXShinryuX has a reputation beyond reputeXShinryuX has a reputation beyond repute
You know, knowing TQ patterns by now.
I won't be surprise that Warrior will get an Epic Shield and at the same time a new weapon.

The new weapon will have great skill, however, the skill can only be used together with a shield/ Epic Shield.

The new weapon can be used alone, but you won't get the full new skill or benefits.

I think that is how TQ will make Warrior epic cost the same as other.
XShinryuX is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: