View Poll Results: change tempest to allow pirates to be of use in events like GW while attacking?
Yes 4 30.77%
No 9 69.23%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-07-2013, 13:16   #1
???TheEnigma???

???TheEnigma??? has a reputation beyond repute???TheEnigma??? has a reputation beyond repute???TheEnigma??? has a reputation beyond repute???TheEnigma??? has a reputation beyond repute???TheEnigma??? has a reputation beyond repute???TheEnigma??? has a reputation beyond repute???TheEnigma??? has a reputation beyond repute???TheEnigma??? has a reputation beyond repute???TheEnigma??? has a reputation beyond repute???TheEnigma??? has a reputation beyond repute???TheEnigma??? has a reputation beyond repute
Change tempest.. read inside for reasons why.

so... charging vortex, tempest, and dragon whirl, are all effectivly similar skills, with different damages,and ranges

you right click.. and your char is moved to that spot.. and damage is dealt to everything inbetween and around.

HOWEVER.. tempest.. damage isnt done further than where you move.. so in events like guild war.. where people stand a milimeter away behind the gate.... dragonwhirl/charging vortex hits them.. but tempest cannot.

currently tempest moves you 100% in 1 direction.. and hits everything within 100% range in the same direction, with a bit of width.

so like.. it moves you and hits.. from here -----------------> to here
thats 0% distance to 100% distance.

I suggest that tempest moves you from 0% distance to 50% distance.. and it HITS from 0% to 100% distance

so moves you from here ----------> to here
and hits other from here --------------------> to here

so that when faced with an object like the gate.. you can hit people standing 2 squares away... who are otherwise unkilllable to a pirate... i can be standing 3 squares away.. tempest at the gate.. and ill get stopped next to the gate.. and the person on the otherside wont get hit..

if they are a pirate.. they can jump out and kill me.. (i cant jump in an kill them).. if they are any other class, they can kill me without moving a single inch.

EVERY other class, can kill someone there from outside the gate.. all im suggesting is a pirate can hit a few squares further than they move, so they can at least have a use when attacking in GW.. right now.. pirates are useless attacking in GW.
Barely Reading in December 2013

~~~Too Many Chars to be bothered to list~~~

Vote on a new Alliance System for CO!
???TheEnigma??? is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-07-2013, 14:00   #2
Branzojo

Branzojo has a reputation beyond reputeBranzojo has a reputation beyond reputeBranzojo has a reputation beyond reputeBranzojo has a reputation beyond reputeBranzojo has a reputation beyond reputeBranzojo has a reputation beyond reputeBranzojo has a reputation beyond reputeBranzojo has a reputation beyond reputeBranzojo has a reputation beyond reputeBranzojo has a reputation beyond reputeBranzojo has a reputation beyond repute
Good idea
Branzojo is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-07-2013, 14:17   #3
coocahceppie

coocahceppie is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ???TheEnigma??? View Post
so... charging vortex, tempest, and dragon whirl, are all effectivly similar skills, with different damages,and ranges

you right click.. and your char is moved to that spot.. and damage is dealt to everything inbetween and around.

HOWEVER.. tempest.. damage isnt done further than where you move.. so in events like guild war.. where people stand a milimeter away behind the gate.... dragonwhirl/charging vortex hits them.. but tempest cannot.

currently tempest moves you 100% in 1 direction.. and hits everything within 100% range in the same direction, with a bit of width.

so like.. it moves you and hits.. from here -----------------> to here
thats 0% distance to 100% distance.

I suggest that tempest moves you from 0% distance to 50% distance.. and it HITS from 0% to 100% distance

so moves you from here ----------> to here
and hits other from here --------------------> to here

so that when faced with an object like the gate.. you can hit people standing 2 squares away... who are otherwise unkilllable to a pirate... i can be standing 3 squares away.. tempest at the gate.. and ill get stopped next to the gate.. and the person on the otherside wont get hit..

if they are a pirate.. they can jump out and kill me.. (i cant jump in an kill them).. if they are any other class, they can kill me without moving a single inch.

EVERY other class, can kill someone there from outside the gate.. all im suggesting is a pirate can hit a few squares further than they move, so they can at least have a use when attacking in GW.. right now.. pirates are useless attacking in GW.
By moving only half the distance, your movement would be really short. It would be a lot easier for monks, ninjas and warriors to hit you after your tempest.

However, it would be cool that IF you only move e.g. 3 steps forward (because blocked by wall or something), then the damage thing could still move forward so that the enemy would be hit. Or something like that.
coocahceppie is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-07-2013, 18:34   #4
corey0092
The Dude

corey0092 has a reputation beyond reputecorey0092 has a reputation beyond reputecorey0092 has a reputation beyond reputecorey0092 has a reputation beyond reputecorey0092 has a reputation beyond reputecorey0092 has a reputation beyond reputecorey0092 has a reputation beyond reputecorey0092 has a reputation beyond reputecorey0092 has a reputation beyond reputecorey0092 has a reputation beyond reputecorey0092 has a reputation beyond repute
pirates have galebomb, a pistol and triple hit, i think theyre okay as it is. Theres no need to make a single class a one man army, thats what warriors are for...
I dont know if its even possible, but how about creating a forum section where people could write their suggestions, and other forum users could vote for them. And if any suggestion would be good some forum super mod could forward it to designers or someone. You could call it suggestions forum.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rigby View Post
Im not saying that im a pedophile, im just saying that the age of consent should be 7
corey0092 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-07-2013, 21:21   #5
|Aneurysm|
boooored

|Aneurysm| has a reputation beyond repute|Aneurysm| has a reputation beyond repute|Aneurysm| has a reputation beyond repute|Aneurysm| has a reputation beyond repute|Aneurysm| has a reputation beyond repute|Aneurysm| has a reputation beyond repute|Aneurysm| has a reputation beyond repute|Aneurysm| has a reputation beyond repute|Aneurysm| has a reputation beyond repute|Aneurysm| has a reputation beyond repute|Aneurysm| has a reputation beyond repute
I play pirate as my main and we certainly dont need a buff. They need to look at fb/ss/vf/dt before they do anything else in my opinion.

I tried bulking to win but I have bad ping and no skillz so I still lose. Now I just login to talk and act as a speed bump for my enemies.

http://bbs.co.91.com/showthread.php?t=740764
|Aneurysm| is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-08-2013, 00:36   #6
Cru_tuiK
AutoBot

Cru_tuiK has a reputation beyond reputeCru_tuiK has a reputation beyond reputeCru_tuiK has a reputation beyond reputeCru_tuiK has a reputation beyond reputeCru_tuiK has a reputation beyond reputeCru_tuiK has a reputation beyond reputeCru_tuiK has a reputation beyond reputeCru_tuiK has a reputation beyond reputeCru_tuiK has a reputation beyond reputeCru_tuiK has a reputation beyond reputeCru_tuiK has a reputation beyond repute
dude warriors/trojan skills hasnt a alternate skills like pistols can shoot enmies and its very accurate :P

NOOB WARRIOR
DOOMS***9532;KNIGHT
Cru_tuiK is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-08-2013, 09:28   #7
Promethean

Promethean has a reputation beyond reputePromethean has a reputation beyond reputePromethean has a reputation beyond reputePromethean has a reputation beyond reputePromethean has a reputation beyond reputePromethean has a reputation beyond reputePromethean has a reputation beyond reputePromethean has a reputation beyond reputePromethean has a reputation beyond reputePromethean has a reputation beyond reputePromethean has a reputation beyond repute
Surely this would stop you from hitting more than one character with a single tempest blade?

On balance not helpful or necessary IMO.
Old 09-18-2013, 22:35   #8
???TheEnigma???

???TheEnigma??? has a reputation beyond repute???TheEnigma??? has a reputation beyond repute???TheEnigma??? has a reputation beyond repute???TheEnigma??? has a reputation beyond repute???TheEnigma??? has a reputation beyond repute???TheEnigma??? has a reputation beyond repute???TheEnigma??? has a reputation beyond repute???TheEnigma??? has a reputation beyond repute???TheEnigma??? has a reputation beyond repute???TheEnigma??? has a reputation beyond repute???TheEnigma??? has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by coocahceppie View Post
By moving only half the distance, your movement would be really short. It would be a lot easier for monks, ninjas and warriors to hit you after your tempest.

However, it would be cool that IF you only move e.g. 3 steps forward (because blocked by wall or something), then the damage thing could still move forward so that the enemy would be hit. Or something like that.
EXACTLY.. anything like that would be good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by |Aneurysm| View Post
I play pirate as my main and we certainly dont need a buff. They need to look at fb/ss/vf/dt before they do anything else in my opinion.
its NOT a buff.

its change in how a skill works.

right now.. pirates are 100% useless in guildwar unless you own the castle.

my suggested change allows pirates to have some use when attacking the castle in guild war.

your on my server... your even my friend (unless im much mistaken about who you are xD)

how about I stand inside the castle.. and you try to kill me when im standing there.

as a pirate inside the castle, you can jump out and kill someone, and go back in.

as a pirate outside the castle, you can stand there and die because EVERY other class can hit you and kill you.. without having to move and without being able to die to you...

Quote:
Originally Posted by corey0092 View Post
pirates have galebomb, a pistol and triple hit, i think theyre okay as it is. Theres no need to make a single class a one man army, thats what warriors are for...
bomb does not kill players on an equal standing to you.
pistol does not kill players on an equal standing to you
you cannot triple through the gate
you sound like a warrior fan boy.

for the record, I love warriors, but trolling an idea which has merit and really is needed.... well that's just lame... this isn't about making a class a one man army.. this is about making a class NOT COMPLETELY USELESS In a circumstance where every char should have SOME USE.

as I said.. if you disagree with this idea.... get the GW castle under your control... stand behind the gate with a char that has 40k+ hp and full+12-7 level 140 gear.

then ANY pirate.. I dare you to try and kill that char behind the gate without hacking past the gate, or opening the gate, just kill them through the gate...

use the trolls suggestion of bomb/pistol/triple.. none of which will do **** vs anyone who knows where their potkey is. as for someone doing triple on someone behind the gate.. you will die looking supremely stupid.

Old 09-18-2013, 22:39   #9
???TheEnigma???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Promethean View Post
Surely this would stop you from hitting more than one character with a single tempest blade?

On balance not helpful or necessary IMO.
the damage range will NOT change.. it will be the same.

your character will move less.. enabling the damage to go THROUGH an object like HERC, WHIRL, FB and every other skill can.

the reason it is "helpful" or "nessecery" is.. PIRATES are 100% USELESS when attacking in GW.

when you can point out otherwise, I will happily try to understand where you are coming from, but sounds to me like you don't understand the problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cru_tuiK View Post
dude warriors/trojan skills hasnt a alternate skills like pistols can shoot enmies and its very accurate :P

dude... Trojan/warriors have herc, whirl, fb/ss.. all of which.. 1 hit.. and go THROUGH the gate.

my suggestion ONLY affects ONE situation... tempest NOT going through the gate

pistol doesn't kill people.. its like a fly buzzing around your head.. you wish it would go away, but it doesn't.

Old 09-19-2013, 15:44   #10
Oriel-Chronos

Oriel-Chronos is on a distinguished road
Honestly Pirates are one of the top pk classes... On 3 servers i visited all the kings were pirates. :/ my server has 1 atm. the fact that pirates are often kings says alot.
Oriel-Chronos is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-28-2013, 04:51   #11
medovs11
Super User

medovs11 is on a distinguished road
Dude, BT is already OP no need for more
Old 09-28-2013, 05:20   #12
MyThirdAccount
Banned

MyThirdAccount has a reputation beyond reputeMyThirdAccount has a reputation beyond reputeMyThirdAccount has a reputation beyond reputeMyThirdAccount has a reputation beyond reputeMyThirdAccount has a reputation beyond reputeMyThirdAccount has a reputation beyond reputeMyThirdAccount has a reputation beyond reputeMyThirdAccount has a reputation beyond reputeMyThirdAccount has a reputation beyond reputeMyThirdAccount has a reputation beyond reputeMyThirdAccount has a reputation beyond repute
Level 70 blade with SDGs and fb them then?
MyThirdAccount is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-28-2013, 09:51   #13
Baldness

Baldness is on a distinguished road
I don't see how you think they're useless when attacking in guild war. Windstorm kills the gate insanely fast compared to Trojans and warriors. Gale bomb moves Trojans and warriors away from the gate so they cannot hit you through it. As a Trojan, I have a hard time actually catching up to people who are running away and killing them, but I see pirates catching up in 1-2 BT and killing people. If anybody replies that gale bomb only keeps them away for a few seconds and that isn't fair, you really shouldn't be attacking and killing everybody by the gates by yourself and winning guild war solo. The point of guild war is to fight as a guild/alliance and to win with help. Pirates can do everything BUT hit through the gate: killing whole groups at a time, moving people away from the gates/poll, and slaughtering the pole and gates. Get over the fact that you can't hit people through the gate.
Baldness is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: