View Poll Results: force people to use flags that are at least close to thier real location?
Yes 9 64.29%
No 5 35.71%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-19-2013, 01:29   #16
thehempknight
Your Ruler

thehempknight has a reputation beyond reputethehempknight has a reputation beyond reputethehempknight has a reputation beyond reputethehempknight has a reputation beyond reputethehempknight has a reputation beyond reputethehempknight has a reputation beyond reputethehempknight has a reputation beyond reputethehempknight has a reputation beyond reputethehempknight has a reputation beyond reputethehempknight has a reputation beyond reputethehempknight has a reputation beyond repute
WON'T SOMEONE THINK OF THE CHILDREN??????
The problem is that I don't feel the same way as you seem to about flags, and don't just automatically assume everyone is what they seem to be, which is pretty much common sense. But to the point, someone being from one place, but using a different place's flag, would not affect me or my gameplay in any way. Why would it? Because a foreigner said something to me! OH NO!!!! That's what we call discrimination and profiling, not protection.
They're pieces of flair for players to show a little customization to their character. If they want to use a different flag, there's nothing wrong with it. Maybe I'm watching the World Cup (yeah right) and feel like using a flag from a team I like? Maybe I feel like showing a place I want to go, someday. Maybe I just wanna pick some crazy place that no one knows, so people will wonder where that is? Has nothing to do with anyone else, nor do they have any reason to tell me I can't.

TL;DR - If you're raging about someone else using your country's flag, you're gonna have a bad time.
s
m

I hate it when it drips like that....

Official Unofficial NonMember of the BACONEERS!!!!11eleven

There's no point for democracy when ignorance is celebrated.

The saline from your tear ducts energizes my ego.
thehempknight is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 04-19-2013, 10:12   #17
???TheEnigma???

???TheEnigma??? has a reputation beyond repute???TheEnigma??? has a reputation beyond repute???TheEnigma??? has a reputation beyond repute???TheEnigma??? has a reputation beyond repute???TheEnigma??? has a reputation beyond repute???TheEnigma??? has a reputation beyond repute???TheEnigma??? has a reputation beyond repute???TheEnigma??? has a reputation beyond repute???TheEnigma??? has a reputation beyond repute???TheEnigma??? has a reputation beyond repute???TheEnigma??? has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by thehempknight View Post
WON'T SOMEONE THINK OF THE CHILDREN??????
The problem is that I don't feel the same way as you seem to about flags, and don't just automatically assume everyone is what they seem to be, which is pretty much common sense. But to the point, someone being from one place, but using a different place's flag, would not affect me or my gameplay in any way. Why would it? Because a foreigner said something to me! OH NO!!!! That's what we call discrimination and profiling, not protection.
They're pieces of flair for players to show a little customization to their character. If they want to use a different flag, there's nothing wrong with it. Maybe I'm watching the World Cup (yeah right) and feel like using a flag from a team I like? Maybe I feel like showing a place I want to go, someday. Maybe I just wanna pick some crazy place that no one knows, so people will wonder where that is? Has nothing to do with anyone else, nor do they have any reason to tell me I can't.

TL;DR - If you're raging about someone else using your country's flag, you're gonna have a bad time.
I honestly couldent care if they use a UK flag.

its the fact people are using the UK flag.. trying to pretend to be English.. to try and get something out of me...

which.. as you said.. isn't going to work

but it doesn't stop them doing it.. it doesn't stop them being annoying, it doesn't stop them on rare occaisions im sure.. getting something out of people.

tell me something hemp.

if the normal players of CO... are all annoyed at CO.. and end up quitting CO.. does it benefit TQ?

in my eyes.. It doesn't.

I myself, use the british flag on my main chars.. and I use random flags on my noobs which I rarely login (hence I have no problem with people using other flags)... BUT, I am not running around using these flags to help me annoy people.

and imho.. flag system good... people using flag system to help them scam/lie to someone for whatever reason..

well.. im sure TQ are not supporters of scamming, and do not promote it (in fact.. from what I know you warn people "don't get scammed, because we cant help you".

but if you put in a system, which is a GOOD system as I said... and people use it to in short.. scam others in whatever way they can, then surely the system needs changing.. or your in effect helping them scam innocent players?

oh and before you try again to say im discriminating...

on ruby server, where "brazillians" were the bulk of players who annoyed people... I had French, English, American, Singapore, Chinese, brazillian, friends

on justice, where the bulk of of players who annoyed people were Vietnamese, I had French, English, American,singapore, Chinese, brazillian, Vietnamese, and probably friends from other countries too.

for the last 7? years, ive played on glory (now volcano/glory), ive witnessed Vietnamese, and now Turkish/Egyptian players annoying everyone... and even here, I have had many Vietnamese friends in the past (they have all quit now).

and I currently have at least one friend who is Egyptian, and another who is Turkish.

I also have a range of friends from all over the world who I am currently friends with.

so if your going to say im "discriminating"... then.. all I can say is.. "if they were not annoying everyone to the point that they might debate QUITTING.. I wouldent have such a big problem with them"

in other words.. I don't like annoying people. As I am sure neither does anyone (heck, even some call me annoying).

All I am suggesting is, you don't give ANYONE a good reason to be even more annoying.

No offence hemp, if you want to put up the UK flag because you love the UK football team (which doesn't exist really.. we have separate English/wales/Scotland/etc), then thank you.. that's cool... but you are not then going to message me in a language I don't understand... and when I don't reply.. your not then going to spam me with the same message.. until I do reply.

in short.. them putting their flag the same as mine.. makes them think they can spam me and I will eventually reply.

I guess really.. my problem is, it makes the annoying people of this world even more annoying.

and if only they understood me.. I would tell them clearly to leave me alone.. sadly.. on this game where everything is written in American English.. they don't understand a word of English.. period.

EDIT: oh to add on to my earlier point about having friends from the "annoying" populations of CO.. funnily enough, every friend I have had from those countries.. has been able to speak even basic English.. and they all have agreed people from their own country are annoying.

oh and hemp.. as you have no problem being spammed in Arabic.. (you clearly must understand it..), want to translate this for me?

alxndr speaks to HeLLAngeL:

I am sure its only a few words.. all repeated.. around 10-20 times.. but im sure you will have a better clue than me.

As I said, if I could understand it, I wouldent have a problem with it.

maybe my suggestion.. was a sticking plaster for a major crack in CO society.. who knows.
Barely Reading in December 2013

~~~Too Many Chars to be bothered to list~~~

Vote on a new Alliance System for CO!

Last edited by ???TheEnigma???; 04-19-2013 at 10:17.
???TheEnigma??? is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-04-2013, 09:32   #18
medovs11
Super User

medovs11 is on a distinguished road
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Promethean View Post
OP - Also a Brit here. Simply solution. If they can't speak English properly, don't let them in the guild.

This applies to:

- Turks (who speak lyke thys);
- anyone that asks for a finger;
- Egys generally; and
- any one who is in fact from an English speaking country who doesn't know the difference between "your" and "you're".

Unfortunately the latter also applies to you.
LOL Bro but you're damn right non english speakers are really annoying and hell yeah they should make the location flags automatic using ip adress
((Give me finger)) XD
medovs11 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-04-2013, 22:41   #19
Vondaha

Vondaha has a reputation beyond reputeVondaha has a reputation beyond reputeVondaha has a reputation beyond reputeVondaha has a reputation beyond reputeVondaha has a reputation beyond reputeVondaha has a reputation beyond reputeVondaha has a reputation beyond reputeVondaha has a reputation beyond reputeVondaha has a reputation beyond reputeVondaha has a reputation beyond reputeVondaha has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by thehempknight View Post
what if you live in a country, but aren't originally from there?

Gonna have to pass.
^this

p.s. Why is there no taiwanese flag? ...
Vondaha is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-07-2013, 16:22   #20
Chronux
Retired

Chronux has a reputation beyond reputeChronux has a reputation beyond reputeChronux has a reputation beyond reputeChronux has a reputation beyond reputeChronux has a reputation beyond reputeChronux has a reputation beyond reputeChronux has a reputation beyond reputeChronux has a reputation beyond reputeChronux has a reputation beyond reputeChronux has a reputation beyond reputeChronux has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by ???TheEnigma??? View Post

oh and hemp.. as you have no problem being spammed in Arabic.. (you clearly must understand it..), want to translate this for me?

I am sure its only a few words.. all repeated.. around 10-20 times.. but im sure you will have a better clue than me.

As I said, if I could understand it, I wouldent have a problem with it.

maybe my suggestion.. was a sticking plaster for a major crack in CO society.. who knows.
That`s another way of saying "Enlighten bleaz "
Chronux is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-17-2013, 11:00   #21
???TheEnigma???

???TheEnigma??? has a reputation beyond repute???TheEnigma??? has a reputation beyond repute???TheEnigma??? has a reputation beyond repute???TheEnigma??? has a reputation beyond repute???TheEnigma??? has a reputation beyond repute???TheEnigma??? has a reputation beyond repute???TheEnigma??? has a reputation beyond repute???TheEnigma??? has a reputation beyond repute???TheEnigma??? has a reputation beyond repute???TheEnigma??? has a reputation beyond repute???TheEnigma??? has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chronux View Post
That`s another way of saying "Enlighten bleaz "
i realised or England blaz

oh and I only just saw this...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Promethean View Post
Unfortunately the latter also applies to you.
Sure your a brit? you sound like a GRAMMAR NAZI to me.

this is a game forums... no one cares if I use your, you're, or whatever...

fyi... I dont really put grammar into my posts.. so i put "your" not "you're".. im not on here 24/7.. to edit my posts and make sure there 100% grammatically correct.. you understood my meaning.. and that is clearly enough.

As your being a grammar nazi.. I will point out..

your sentence should be.. "unfortunately, the latter also applies to you"

, denotes a pause.. use it... enjoy receiving your own petty bs back
Barely Reading in December 2013

~~~Too Many Chars to be bothered to list~~~

Vote on a new Alliance System for CO!
???TheEnigma??? is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-22-2013, 18:28   #22
Cru_tuiK
AutoBot

Cru_tuiK has a reputation beyond reputeCru_tuiK has a reputation beyond reputeCru_tuiK has a reputation beyond reputeCru_tuiK has a reputation beyond reputeCru_tuiK has a reputation beyond reputeCru_tuiK has a reputation beyond reputeCru_tuiK has a reputation beyond reputeCru_tuiK has a reputation beyond reputeCru_tuiK has a reputation beyond reputeCru_tuiK has a reputation beyond reputeCru_tuiK has a reputation beyond repute
the GM should put the flags according to the forms we filled from the site

just to fix it up

NOOB WARRIOR
DOOMS***9532;KNIGHT
Cru_tuiK is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: