Old 08-04-2016, 22:36   #1
Returning
Retired.

Returning has a reputation beyond reputeReturning has a reputation beyond reputeReturning has a reputation beyond reputeReturning has a reputation beyond reputeReturning has a reputation beyond reputeReturning has a reputation beyond reputeReturning has a reputation beyond reputeReturning has a reputation beyond reputeReturning has a reputation beyond reputeReturning has a reputation beyond reputeReturning has a reputation beyond repute
Epic Warrior - What should have been.

In light of epic warrior and seeing the skills, lets just face it, it's a copy pasted dragon warrior with an upgraded reflect and probably less damage. Tq was probably too focused on the new class and epic warrior just happened to be the class coming out while they were working on it so they got lazy and you get a psuedo dragonwarrior with less abilities. So in light of the skills, here are the skills I would of wanted for an Epic war to have, and they should have honestly got as an upgrade. I believe a lot of warrior players would agree with my suggestions.

New Skill - Life Link

The warrior shares a blood pact with an ally absorbing a percentage of the damage taken from enemy attacks *Life link will end if ally goes more than 2 screens away from the warrior.

Elementary - 15%

lvl 1 20%

lvl 2 25%

lvl 3 *Fixed* 30% 0

Example of how this would work, say you link up to an ally with fixed Life Link they take 30k damage. The blood pact then splits the damage 21k for the ally, and 9k "before warrior stats are taken into account" for the warrior. This is a tremendous team skill which synchronizes well with the warriors abilities such as dstance, block etc.

New Skill Javelin toss

Warrior throws his weapon up to 12 paces in front of him damaging targets up to 5 paces around the javelin; he can then pull himself in to where he threw it damaging all targets in his path and dragging the first target he hits with him and then picks up his weapon.The warrior also can wait 1.8 seconds for his weapon to be returned to him if he does not choose to go to his weapon. He cannot attack while the Javelin is on the ground.

Damage

Elementary 70% aoe damage, 75% collision damage

lvl 1 80% aoe damage, 85% collision damage

lvl 2 90% aoe damage, 95% collision damage

lvl 3 100% aoe damage, 105% collision damage

lvl 4 *Fixed* 110% aoe dmg, 115% collision damage

New passive - Warriors Penance

Skill damages units in a cross path +- has the same distance as speed gun in the front then half that on the back and to each side directly.

level Damage activation

elementary 145% dmg 24%

lvl 2 160% dmg 27%

lvl 3 175% dmg 30%

lvl 4 190% dmg 33%

lvl 5 205% dmg 36%

lvl 6 220% dmg 39%

lvl 7 235% dmg 42%

lvl 8 *fixed 250% dmg 45%

That's my thoughts, remove the Dragon warrior clone skills, and add this in keep the 7 pace fastblade skill and there you go a perfect warrior with a new spin on things, and viability in team fights. You can keep the new berserk mode etc w/e reflect upgrade and what not if you want.

You could even buff it to where warrior-warrior has the ability to hold a shield/2 hander since xxx-war-xxx all get reflect. This would again even it up a tiny bit. Anyway there you have it that's my suggestions they won't ever happen but I thought this is what should have been when thinking of epic warrior skills. Thanks.

Last edited by Returning; 08-04-2016 at 22:50.
Returning is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-05-2016, 00:34   #2
Zenraiden

Zenraiden has a reputation beyond reputeZenraiden has a reputation beyond reputeZenraiden has a reputation beyond reputeZenraiden has a reputation beyond reputeZenraiden has a reputation beyond reputeZenraiden has a reputation beyond reputeZenraiden has a reputation beyond reputeZenraiden has a reputation beyond reputeZenraiden has a reputation beyond reputeZenraiden has a reputation beyond reputeZenraiden has a reputation beyond repute
this isn't league of legends.
Zenraiden is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-05-2016, 01:06   #3
Returning
Retired.

Returning has a reputation beyond reputeReturning has a reputation beyond reputeReturning has a reputation beyond reputeReturning has a reputation beyond reputeReturning has a reputation beyond reputeReturning has a reputation beyond reputeReturning has a reputation beyond reputeReturning has a reputation beyond reputeReturning has a reputation beyond reputeReturning has a reputation beyond reputeReturning has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenraiden View Post
this isn't league of legends.
The only skill I'm assuming you could be referring to when say that is the Javelin one, in which case what's wrong with a skill shot? It's no different then hitting fast blade, or dragon warriors air kick. It is just a new mechanic that adds dimension into this game instead of aoe aoe aoe aoe aoe aoe aoe aoe aoe aoe aoe aoe mundane fights.
Returning is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-05-2016, 05:22   #4
L3G0LAS

L3G0LAS is an unknown quantity at this point
Damn.. Being archer was never easy.. But now when every other class gets range damage abilities being an archer start making no sense at all .. I would like to have a skill shot alternative to MV, which would actually damage anyone...
L3G0LAS is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-08-2016, 12:51   #5
ThePurpleKnight
Knight

ThePurpleKnight has a reputation beyond reputeThePurpleKnight has a reputation beyond reputeThePurpleKnight has a reputation beyond reputeThePurpleKnight has a reputation beyond reputeThePurpleKnight has a reputation beyond reputeThePurpleKnight has a reputation beyond reputeThePurpleKnight has a reputation beyond reputeThePurpleKnight has a reputation beyond reputeThePurpleKnight has a reputation beyond reputeThePurpleKnight has a reputation beyond reputeThePurpleKnight has a reputation beyond repute
This is worse than the current Epic Warrior, at least the current one has useful abilities, this is just weaker speedgun and a useless skill that makes you take damage.

309 BP Pure Warrior
Game Balance Enthusiast.
Remove "Low Skill - High Reward."
ThePurpleKnight is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-17-2016, 10:58   #6
Kakashi^^

Kakashi^^ has a reputation beyond reputeKakashi^^ has a reputation beyond reputeKakashi^^ has a reputation beyond reputeKakashi^^ has a reputation beyond reputeKakashi^^ has a reputation beyond reputeKakashi^^ has a reputation beyond reputeKakashi^^ has a reputation beyond reputeKakashi^^ has a reputation beyond reputeKakashi^^ has a reputation beyond reputeKakashi^^ has a reputation beyond reputeKakashi^^ has a reputation beyond repute
I have a question about this new epic warrior. From what I've seen on the website, there's no epic quest? You just get the epic weapon once you get lvl 70 promo? Is that correct?
Old 08-17-2016, 11:34   #7
pumkindemon
X.X i die

pumkindemon has a reputation beyond reputepumkindemon has a reputation beyond reputepumkindemon has a reputation beyond reputepumkindemon has a reputation beyond reputepumkindemon has a reputation beyond reputepumkindemon has a reputation beyond reputepumkindemon has a reputation beyond reputepumkindemon has a reputation beyond reputepumkindemon has a reputation beyond reputepumkindemon has a reputation beyond reputepumkindemon has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to pumkindemon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakashi^^ View Post
I have a question about this new epic warrior. From what I've seen on the website, there's no epic quest? You just get the epic weapon once you get lvl 70 promo? Is that correct?
There is no quest like the others had, its a brand new weapon. Im not sure if they will have the bound supers in the lvl 70 and 100 promo pack, but there will be a quest where you can get 2x elite bounds lvl 40, or you can buy from the bound shopping mall elite and you can buy elite non bound from the non bound shopping mall
pumkindemon is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-18-2016, 09:26   #8
Kakashi^^

Kakashi^^ has a reputation beyond reputeKakashi^^ has a reputation beyond reputeKakashi^^ has a reputation beyond reputeKakashi^^ has a reputation beyond reputeKakashi^^ has a reputation beyond reputeKakashi^^ has a reputation beyond reputeKakashi^^ has a reputation beyond reputeKakashi^^ has a reputation beyond reputeKakashi^^ has a reputation beyond reputeKakashi^^ has a reputation beyond reputeKakashi^^ has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by pumkindemon View Post
There is no quest like the others had, its a brand new weapon. Im not sure if they will have the bound supers in the lvl 70 and 100 promo pack, but there will be a quest where you can get 2x elite bounds lvl 40, or you can buy from the bound shopping mall elite and you can buy elite non bound from the non bound shopping mall
Where's the trick then? I mean, we're talking to about tq, they have to make money out of this somehow.
Old 08-18-2016, 18:03   #9
Axjon
Bow Archer

Axjon has a reputation beyond reputeAxjon has a reputation beyond reputeAxjon has a reputation beyond reputeAxjon has a reputation beyond reputeAxjon has a reputation beyond reputeAxjon has a reputation beyond reputeAxjon has a reputation beyond reputeAxjon has a reputation beyond reputeAxjon has a reputation beyond reputeAxjon has a reputation beyond reputeAxjon has a reputation beyond repute
I agree with the OP. I'm not a fan so far of the Warrior epic skills from thei description, except the "enhanced reflect" and I would've honestly preferred to be given more defensive support skills than ones that are rehashes of DW. It seems as if each epic has taken away from the diversity or characterization of a class. Ninjas are no longer up close and personal, but they have a ranged AOE now. Trojans are no longer a powerhouse, but dat AOE though. Archers don't even use bows anymore, but MW and dat AOE. Even Monk and Fire have new super telegraphed AOEs that easily avoidable.

Yes, Warrior is in dire need of attacks better than Charging Vortex and stamina mitigation and that's what TQ is offering, but in reading the new skills have just turned out like all the other epic classes' skills: a whole series of AOEs that weren't needed (Trojan), are game breaking (ninja) or are broken (Tao, Monk).

~ First +12 Bow WS
~ First full +12 warrior WS
~ First full perm warrior WS
Axjon is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: