Old 09-09-2016, 17:42   #1
Returning
Retired.

Returning has a reputation beyond reputeReturning has a reputation beyond reputeReturning has a reputation beyond reputeReturning has a reputation beyond reputeReturning has a reputation beyond reputeReturning has a reputation beyond reputeReturning has a reputation beyond reputeReturning has a reputation beyond reputeReturning has a reputation beyond reputeReturning has a reputation beyond reputeReturning has a reputation beyond repute
Epic warrior in depth review.

Goes over more of the things I've said before of how bad this epic is, but how to use it with pure warrior. Please don't waste your cps on Epics. It's really a bad investment.

https://youtu.be/I67zXkwVRRM

Watch before you decide that they're really good. I've broke things down pretty clearly.
Returning is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-11-2016, 09:08   #2
Axjon
Bow Archer

Axjon has a reputation beyond reputeAxjon has a reputation beyond reputeAxjon has a reputation beyond reputeAxjon has a reputation beyond reputeAxjon has a reputation beyond reputeAxjon has a reputation beyond reputeAxjon has a reputation beyond reputeAxjon has a reputation beyond reputeAxjon has a reputation beyond reputeAxjon has a reputation beyond reputeAxjon has a reputation beyond repute
This warrior update/epic warrior/whatever you want to call it is one of the worse updates we've had for any class. As the updates stand now, Ninja > Trojan > Assassin > Monk > Warrior > Taoist.

Pros:
One key component that should not go overlooked was TQs ability to synergize the new skills in an awesome way; Wave of Blood gives you 15 XP every time you land a hit while Twist of Fate lets you keep your XP after dying. Both of these skills go along well with the underlying XP theme Warrior has had since the beginning with Roar. This also allows the Warrior to fill XP far much faster than any other class by spamming an easy to hit skill.

Scar of Earth is a nice weapon passive with an AOE effect and an additional Poison Fog-like condition. Backfire gives that "superior Warrior Reflect" everyone's been crying for since they released Warrior > Warrior Reflect to other classes with 2nd Reborn. Backfire also restores some stamina whenever you reflect damage back onto the target. XP Shield can now remove and give immunity to status effects.

Unlike Archer to Assassin, Warrior to Berserker does not require a skill to change into the alternate stance, equipping the weapon is all that is needed.

Cons:
Before we even talk about skills, the warrior loses the shield in order to use the new skills with this update. This means, at 140 [super +12 p7] you will lose:
  • 6k HP
  • 6k DEF
  • 21% Antibreak (Counteraction)
  • 10% Immunity and
  • 65% Block, 75% with helm refinery
This a big loss for anything that has been designed to be the "tank class." This is odd, as even Monk can wear shield with beads, but Warrior, who owns shield, cannot wear it with its fist. Furthermore, you will gain more than 4k MDEF which is not very useful and a bit overpowering as now this class has the highest DEF in Warrior stance and highest MDEF in Berserker stance, although MDEF at this point is the remnant of an age long past.

The skills leave a lot to be desired. Dash used to be one of two active attacks Warrior had; the other was the useless skill Flying Moon -- a single hit, single target magical XP skill on a physical attack class. With the update, Dash has downgraded into Pounce:
  • Dash - No cost (Used to cost shield durability around 2005). Pushes a single target in melee range back for low damage and stuns them/stops their attack. Requires shield. Double damage to enemies who are standing against the edge of a map.
  • Pounce - Costs 50 stamina. Knocks all targets in a range up for 60% damage and stuns them/stops their attack. Requires shield. No double damage faculty.
This is a Warrior stance skill with a knockup and is an obvious knockoff of Monk's WWK that deals damage healable by Stanchers. The stamina cost makes the skill useless. Warrior already has a stamina problem from the high cost of Shield Block in combination with the high cost to low damage ratio of the attacks available to it while using shield (Charging Vortex and Viper Fang/Dragon Tail/Scent Sword/Fast Blade.)

XP Maniac Dance lowers damage to you while attacking an area. Another knockoff, but of Ninja's Shuriken Vortex. Under Maniac Dance, you can move faster than Shuriken Vortex, though you have a tendency to disconnect from the server if you move too fast in its final moments. EDIT: XP Maniac Dance is also one of the weakest XP skills in the game, deal 100% damage. Basically, if you melee someone and your passive does not go off, you're doing the same amount of damage.

Wave of Blood is a third knockoff, this time of DW's Swipes. This is the ONLY ACTIVE ATTACK that can be used in Berserker stance. Period. As mentioned before, it has nice effects but more could have been done. This brings the Warrior/Berserker up to three class-specific attacks; Dash/Pounce for Warrior, Wave of Blood for Berserker, and XP Flying Moon that both can use.

XP Shield is 4x DEF for 35 sec when in Berserker stance and 3x DEF for 120 sec in Warrior stance. It loses its effect between stances and disappears. I can't help but feel that the 4K DEF for 35 sec is really short and a kick in the face despite being able to get XP faster because you've already lost shield stats. Its bonus effect to remove/give immunity to status ailments while in Berserker stance -- which in this game consists primarily of Ninja's Poison Fog -- is more of a relic than a necessity as Detoxication can be raised on gears, in subclass and through perfection at this point. EDIT: Don't forget that that 4x DEF XP Shield you have in Berserker stance also NEGATES STATUS ENHANCEMENTS. So now, if you've gone water > xxx > warrior or xxx > water > warrior for Stigma, Star of Accuracy and Magic Shield, you will lose all three status upon entering XP Shield. You are made to choose between attack or defense in a way no other class is made to with XP Shield.

Backfire and Scar of Earth are the most promising. Backfire returns damage of current HP after being hit, up to a limit of 50k damage or 90% current HP, (whichever limit comes first). The downside is that it is a passive skill that is actively cast for each use. It may make more sense for it to act like Ninja's Counterkill; needing to be cast once and being able to take effect every 15 seconds, rather than cast every 15 seconds. Unlike Shield Block, which doesn't effect magic skills and therefore doesn't need to be constantly cast for every battle, there is no reason to neglect casting Backfire, so why design it to be constantly cast?

The skill I have the least concerns with is the passive weapon skill for fist Scar of Earth, the Warrior's answer to Dragon Punch (DW), Fatal Spin (Ninja), Mortal Strike (Trojan) Wrath of the Emperor/Triple (Monk), Windstorm (Pirate) and Kinetic Spark (Assassin). It hits melee for 245% damage like the other epic level weapon passive skills and has an additional effect that deals 6500 damage 5 times over 15 seconds. It has a 42% chance to take effect. Because you have to actually melee someone in close range range with a medium rate of effect and low additional damage, its use isn't even moderately overpowering.

TL;DR Warrior update sucks bad and TQ is a hot mess; worse than Epic Monk better than Epic Tao. But who among us is really surprised? We all know they're putting their good ideas into the new class coming soon.

~ First +12 Bow WS
~ First full +12 warrior WS
~ First full perm warrior WS

Last edited by Axjon; 09-16-2016 at 03:42. Reason: Typos
Axjon is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-11-2016, 11:01   #3
PsAiKoW
ʍoʞıɐsd

PsAiKoW has a reputation beyond reputePsAiKoW has a reputation beyond reputePsAiKoW has a reputation beyond reputePsAiKoW has a reputation beyond reputePsAiKoW has a reputation beyond reputePsAiKoW has a reputation beyond reputePsAiKoW has a reputation beyond reputePsAiKoW has a reputation beyond reputePsAiKoW has a reputation beyond reputePsAiKoW has a reputation beyond reputePsAiKoW has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axjon View Post
We all know they're putting their good ideas into the new class coming soon.
wishfull thinking
Old 09-11-2016, 13:15   #4
Returning
Retired.

Returning has a reputation beyond reputeReturning has a reputation beyond reputeReturning has a reputation beyond reputeReturning has a reputation beyond reputeReturning has a reputation beyond reputeReturning has a reputation beyond reputeReturning has a reputation beyond reputeReturning has a reputation beyond reputeReturning has a reputation beyond reputeReturning has a reputation beyond reputeReturning has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
TL;DR Warrior update sucks bad and TQ is a hot mess; worse than Epic Monk better than Epic Tao. But who among us is really surprised? We all know they're putting their good ideas into the new class coming soon.
Pretty much went over most of this and have to agree. Like i said using backfire with pure war and having stg gloves in 2nd slot is the best way to play war now. Only 1 attack makes epic war complete ****. And 1 pace mele with no skills to lead up to it again is complete ****. Trash Class IMHO. Only for high ping players with warrior gear already who cannot hit fastblade etc and need the extra break should even consider going this class over a dragonwarrior. If you want to play a swipe class dw>epic war. And that's the only thing you'll ever be doing is swiping.
Old 09-11-2016, 22:38   #5
PsAiKoW
ʍoʞıɐsd

PsAiKoW has a reputation beyond reputePsAiKoW has a reputation beyond reputePsAiKoW has a reputation beyond reputePsAiKoW has a reputation beyond reputePsAiKoW has a reputation beyond reputePsAiKoW has a reputation beyond reputePsAiKoW has a reputation beyond reputePsAiKoW has a reputation beyond reputePsAiKoW has a reputation beyond reputePsAiKoW has a reputation beyond reputePsAiKoW has a reputation beyond repute
It became a pretty decent class to kill bosses though
Before Superman didnt really work on them but now it does.. (Unless thats a bug they will fix)
My lvl 100 war with lvl 15 p6 gear, with about 18k attack does around 117k crit on terato dragon, but with Superman he hits 650-910k and kills it in one expskill

https://youtu.be/qrZC_wv4kqI

Last edited by PsAiKoW; 09-11-2016 at 22:43.
PsAiKoW is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-11-2016, 23:58   #6
USER1_74

USER1_74 has a reputation beyond reputeUSER1_74 has a reputation beyond reputeUSER1_74 has a reputation beyond reputeUSER1_74 has a reputation beyond reputeUSER1_74 has a reputation beyond reputeUSER1_74 has a reputation beyond reputeUSER1_74 has a reputation beyond reputeUSER1_74 has a reputation beyond reputeUSER1_74 has a reputation beyond reputeUSER1_74 has a reputation beyond reputeUSER1_74 has a reputation beyond repute
this is my description LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Returning View Post
Pretty much went over most of this and have to agree. Like i said using backfire with pure war and having stg gloves in 2nd slot is the best way to play war now. Only 1 attack makes epic war complete ****. And 1 pace mele with no skills to lead up to it again is complete ****. Trash Class IMHO. Only for high ping players with warrior gear already who cannot hit fastblade etc and need the extra break should even consider going this class over a dragonwarrior. If you want to play a swipe class dw>epic war. And that's the only thing you'll ever be doing is swiping.
LOL
high ping players with warrior gear already who cannot hit fastblade etc
its me :-))

btw im happy
as fb noob (i play with laptop) i never killed prince or king in arena be4 expansion. (my warr is break build not cs)
now i killed some king and prince istantaneously backfire+wob
is very easy and quick start all arena match with xp skill (defense 4x ofc)
boss is a joke with new superman
and the cool thing is that every h i can travel to ream and try kill the big boss.
i dont care all king that camp here i choose the right time and go to boss in maniac dance status (the damage to boss is 200% and king cant kill me)
in team events maniac dance is very helpful (u move really fast)
i will stay wat warrior warrior but also for old warrior that love pure style is a relevant buff
i understand that they expected more from this expansion but i think is really balanced.
the only sad thing is new dash skill : USELESS and need a revision!!
with this damage must cost 5 stamina instead of 50
the best will be 105% damage and 30 stamina like ninja blody scytle
Full +12-7P7 P12 anima
NewChallenge EU server

Last edited by USER1_74; 09-12-2016 at 00:15.
USER1_74 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-12-2016, 00:44   #7
Nappy
MatriX

Nappy has a reputation beyond reputeNappy has a reputation beyond reputeNappy has a reputation beyond reputeNappy has a reputation beyond reputeNappy has a reputation beyond reputeNappy has a reputation beyond reputeNappy has a reputation beyond reputeNappy has a reputation beyond reputeNappy has a reputation beyond reputeNappy has a reputation beyond reputeNappy has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by PsAiKoW View Post
It became a pretty decent class to kill bosses though
Before Superman didnt really work on them but now it does.. (Unless thats a bug they will fix)
My lvl 100 war with lvl 15 p6 gear, with about 18k attack does around 117k crit on terato dragon, but with Superman he hits 650-910k and kills it in one expskill

https://youtu.be/qrZC_wv4kqI
6 Fps? Are you on pentium 1?

Liberty:
FeaR, Decay, Knowledge

2011-2014 Retired

2014 Back as NapsteR on Lucky 7, Honor, Thunder,Champs EU, Dark,Flame

Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfc...CNTG-t8SxsiQnw
Nappy is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-12-2016, 00:46   #8
Nappy
MatriX

Nappy has a reputation beyond reputeNappy has a reputation beyond reputeNappy has a reputation beyond reputeNappy has a reputation beyond reputeNappy has a reputation beyond reputeNappy has a reputation beyond reputeNappy has a reputation beyond reputeNappy has a reputation beyond reputeNappy has a reputation beyond reputeNappy has a reputation beyond reputeNappy has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by USER1_74 View Post
LOL
high ping players with warrior gear already who cannot hit fastblade etc
its me :-))

btw im happy
as fb noob (i play with laptop) i never killed prince or king in arena be4 expansion. (my warr is break build not cs)
now i killed some king and prince istantaneously backfire+wob
is very easy and quick start all arena match with xp skill (defense 4x ofc)
boss is a joke with new superman
and the cool thing is that every h i can travel to ream and try kill the big boss.
i dont care all king that camp here i choose the right time and go to boss in maniac dance status (the damage to boss is 200% and king cant kill me)
in team events maniac dance is very helpful (u move really fast)
i will stay wat warrior warrior but also for old warrior that love pure style is a relevant buff
i understand that they expected more from this expansion but i think is really balanced.
the only sad thing is new dash skill : USELESS and need a revision!!
with this damage must cost 5 stamina instead of 50
the best will be 105% damage and 30 stamina like ninja blody scytle
This is perfect example of Warrior suiting some particular people who has been warriors before. Probably its not worth it to make a new warrior, but if u been warrior before, get fists =)

Liberty:
FeaR, Decay, Knowledge

2011-2014 Retired

Old 09-12-2016, 01:01   #9
PsAiKoW
ʍoʞıɐsd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nappy View Post
6 Fps? Are you on pentium 1?
usually have over 30, but recording often makes pc lag
Its a 5 year old laptop its i7 with 8gb ram though so i think it shouldnt have trouble with it, but it does..
Old 09-12-2016, 03:03   #10
Promethean

Promethean has a reputation beyond reputePromethean has a reputation beyond reputePromethean has a reputation beyond reputePromethean has a reputation beyond reputePromethean has a reputation beyond reputePromethean has a reputation beyond reputePromethean has a reputation beyond reputePromethean has a reputation beyond reputePromethean has a reputation beyond reputePromethean has a reputation beyond reputePromethean has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
This warrior update/epic warrior/whatever you want to call it is one of the worse updates we've had for any class. As the updates stand now, Ninja > Trojan > Assassin > Monk > Warrior > Taoist.

Pros:
One key component that should not go overlooked was TQs ability to synergize the new skills in an awesome way; Wave of Blood gives you 15 XP every time you land a hit while Twist of Fate lets you keep your XP after dying. Both of these skills go along well with the underlying XP theme Warrior has had since the beginning with Roar. This also allows the Warrior to fill XP far much faster than any other class by spamming an easy to hit skill.

Scar of Earth is a nice weapon passive with an AOE effect and an additional Poison Fog-like condition. Backfire gives that "superior Warrior Reflect" everyone's been crying for since they released Warrior > Warrior Reflect to other classes with 2nd Reborn. Backfire also restores some stamina whenever you reflect damage back onto the target. XP Shield can now remove and give immunity to status effects.

Unlike Archer to Assassin, Warrior to Berserker does not require a skill to change into the alternate stance, equipping the weapon is all that is needed.

Cons:
Before we even talk about skills, the warrior loses the shield in order to use the new skills with this update. This means, at 140 [super +12 p7] you will lose:
  • 6k HP
  • 6k DEF
  • 21% Antibreak (Counteraction)
  • 10% Immunity and
  • 65% Block, 75% with helm refinery
This a big loss for anything that has been designed to be the "tank class." This is odd, as even Monk can wear shield with beads, but Warrior, who owns shield, cannot wear it with its fist. Furthermore, you will gain more than 4k MDEF which is not very useful and a bit overpowering as now this class has the highest DEF in Warrior stance and highest MDEF in Berserker stance, although MDEF at this point is the remnant of an age long past.

The skills leave a lot to be desired. Dash used to be one of two active attacks Warrior had; the other was the useless skill Flying Moon -- a single hit, single target magical XP skill on a physical attack class. With the update, Dash has downgraded into Pounce:
  • Dash - No cost (Used to cost shield durability around 2005). Pushes a single target in melee range back for low damage and stuns them/stops their attack. Requires shield. Double damage to enemies who are standing against the edge of a map.
  • Pounce - Costs 50 stamina. Knocks all targets in a range up for 60% damage and stuns them/stops their attack. Requires shield. No double damage faculty.
This is a Warrior stance skill with a knockup and is an obvious knockoff of Monk's WWK that deals damage healable by Stanchers. The stamina cost makes the skill useless. Warrior already has a stamina problem from the high cost of Shield Block in combination with the high cost to low damage ratio of the attacks available to it while using shield (Charging Vortex and Viper Fang/Dragon Tail/Scent Sword/Fast Blade.)

XP Maniac Dance lowers damage to you while attacking an area. Another knockoff, but of Ninja's Shuriken Vortex. Under Maniac Dance, you can move faster than Shuriken Vortex, though you have a tendency to disconnect from the server if you move too fast in its final moments.

Wave of Blood is a third knockoff, this time of DW's Swipes. This is the ONLY ACTIVE ATTACK that can be used in Berserker stance. Period. As mentioned before, it has nice effects but more could have been done. This brings the Warrior/Berserker up to three class-specific attacks; Dash/Pounce for Warrior, Wave of Blood for Berserker, and XP Flying Moon that both can use.

XP Shield is 4x DEF for 35 sec when in Berserker stance and 3x DEF for 120 sec in Warrior stance. It loses its effect between stances and disappears. I can't help but feel that the 4K DEF for 35 sec is really short and a kick in the face despite being able to get XP faster because you've already lost shield stats. Its bonus effect to remove/give immunity to status ailments while in Berserker stance -- which in this game consists primarily of Ninja's Poison Fog -- is more of a relic than a necessity as Detoxication can be raised on gears, in subclass and through perfection at this point.

Backfire and Scar of Earth are the most promising. Backfire returns damage of current HP after being hit, up to a limit of 50k damage or 90% current HP, (whichever limit comes first). The downside is that it is a passive skill that is actively cast for each use. It may make more sense for it to act like Ninja's Counterkill; needing to be cast once and being able to take effect every 15 seconds, rather than cast every 15 seconds. Unlike Shield Block, which doesn't effect magic skills and therefore doesn't need to be constantly cast, there is no reason to neglect casting Backfire, so why design it to be constantly cast?

The skill I have the least concerns with is the passive weapon skill for fist Scar of Earth, the Warrior's answer to Dragon Punch (DW), Fatal Spin (Ninja), Mortal Strike (Trojan) Wrath of the Emperor (Monk), Windstorm (Pirate) and Kinetic Spark (Assassin). It hits melee for 245% damage like the other epic level weapon passive skills and has an additional effect that deals 6500 damage 4 times over 12 seconds. It has a 37% chance to take effect. Because you have to actually melee someone in close range range with a low rate of effect and low additional damage, its use isn't even moderately overpowering.

Critically intelligent post. Kudos.
Old 09-12-2016, 03:23   #11
Moonfall

Moonfall has a reputation beyond reputeMoonfall has a reputation beyond reputeMoonfall has a reputation beyond reputeMoonfall has a reputation beyond reputeMoonfall has a reputation beyond reputeMoonfall has a reputation beyond reputeMoonfall has a reputation beyond reputeMoonfall has a reputation beyond reputeMoonfall has a reputation beyond reputeMoonfall has a reputation beyond reputeMoonfall has a reputation beyond repute
Sure warrior is no longer a tank class, but finally being able to cast stig and have a easy aoe skill is a major improvement.
The 50k reflect is a huge deal imho. Stg warrior with high hp might be the best for elite pkt now. And the new xp skill would be great near a ctf pole.
Yet I wish they went more into tanky with one deadly fb-like skill set up. The loss of shield is the major downside for me. The 50k reflect would be an amazing skill if warrior could still use shield.
Old 09-12-2016, 08:33   #12
Nappy
MatriX

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsAiKoW View Post
usually have over 30, but recording often makes pc lag
Its a 5 year old laptop its i7 with 8gb ram though so i think it shouldnt have trouble with it, but it does..
Hehe i see. What happens if u change to higher fps settings? I think your issue is GPU related tho not ram and processor

Liberty:
FeaR, Decay, Knowledge

2011-2014 Retired

Old 09-12-2016, 08:34   #13
Returning
Retired.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonfall View Post
Sure warrior is no longer a tank class, but finally being able to cast stig and have a easy aoe skill is a major improvement.
The 50k reflect is a huge deal imho. Stg warrior with high hp might be the best for elite pkt now. And the new xp skill would be great near a ctf pole.
Yet I wish they went more into tanky with one deadly fb-like skill set up. The loss of shield is the major downside for me. The 50k reflect would be an amazing skill if warrior could still use shield.
You can, I explained this in my vid. Just have STG gloves in alt gear switch over to that to regain your stam and if they hit you they take damage as well. Then switch right back to spear/shield.
Old 09-12-2016, 20:27   #14
Narmer

Narmer is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Returning View Post
You can, I explained this in my vid. Just have STG gloves in alt gear switch over to that to regain your stam and if they hit you they take damage as well. Then switch right back to spear/shield.
some one can do that with shield & sword
using 4 STG gems
consuming hits with blocking till regain stamina to scatter multi players or even till backfire counting is done lol
or even some one can just fog and use that lol

Pure Warrior 385 BP With mentor
Narmer is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-12-2016, 22:37   #15
PsAiKoW
ʍoʞıɐsd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nappy View Post
Hehe i see. What happens if u change to higher fps settings? I think your issue is GPU related tho not ram and processor
Could be, dont think it has great graphics card.. Maybe 1gb of older generation.. Not even sure but at least i can play awesome games up to CO2 and lower

Havent even tried unlocking fps cuz i dont think it would make much difference since my average wasnt at the max before.. But good enough most of the times..

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: