View Poll Results: Do you agree with the changes purposed for archers?
Yes 13 86.67%
No 2 13.33%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-12-2012, 15:51   #1
Ueki.!
Dismantler

Ueki.! has a reputation beyond reputeUeki.! has a reputation beyond reputeUeki.! has a reputation beyond reputeUeki.! has a reputation beyond reputeUeki.! has a reputation beyond reputeUeki.! has a reputation beyond reputeUeki.! has a reputation beyond reputeUeki.! has a reputation beyond reputeUeki.! has a reputation beyond reputeUeki.! has a reputation beyond reputeUeki.! has a reputation beyond repute
Archers comeback

So, it's been clear that archer's need a buff, while it's also known that increasing them too much will cause them to be OP.

Therefore this thread is a simple atempt of making archers balanced again. I'm open to any suggestion, yet unconceivable ones will be ignored.

Here goes:

1. First of all, we all know archer's XP skills suck, let's face it. Therefore I'm going to purpose a few changes on those.

. Elementary Fly --> Expert Fly: This fly would last for 120 seconds (2 minutes), and while the archer is flying it can't be hit. If the archer atacks any player (monsters are an exeption to this rule) the time will decrease by 30 seconds for each arrow shot. Which means in 4 arrows the archer goes down for sure. (This would allow for archers to hunt and farm without being bothered - which is their purpose, and if they try to pk, they come down)

Effect: There could be an aura around the archer to indicate it's not the normal fly, but the expert one.

. Arrow Rain: This would hit the whole screen with arrows, dealing 300pct damage to every character in it.

Effect: Simply a few shining arrows falling down, nothing big, so it won't lag players

. New XP skill - HunterEye: The archer's damage is buffed for 300 pct to monsters for a certain period of time, which increases with each monster killed (like superman and ciclone). Also, during this period the archer's arrows will poison players, taking away 500 hp every 5 seconds for 30 seconds. It can be cured with serenity and tranquility.

2. Now for stamina skills, archers are decently well provided. Only a few major fixes and they're fine:

. Rapid Fire: This would remain the same, costing only 50 stamina

. Intensify: This skill would pretty much remain equal, except you can move while it charges, instead of having to stand still

. Fly: Would also remain the same, but would cost only 50 stamina

. Scatter should remain unchanged

3. Damage output:

So, it has been decided that archer's damage should remain the same. Which means, it will still be calculated the same way, which causes them to hit so little to most players.
However, they should get a new skill, that would bypass boots' dodge, and would allow them to deal regular damage, like every other class.
This skill should be hard to hit with, in the first place, yet would allow them to deal damage proportional to their atack (if an archer has 20k atack, they should hit has much as any other class with 20k atack would - but ONLY with this skill).
So my request right now is: Help me with ideas for this sais skill. Note that it must require skills to hit, we don't need something cheap here. Discuss!

4. Armors:

Every player who's been around for a while knows archers used to reign supreme when it comes to magic defense. Many trojans would even equip archers armors to receive less damage from taoists. Therefore, I purpose a few changes on their coats:

. More defenses - I won't work with numbers for all armors, but let's take 140 super ones into account.
Archer super coat lvl 140: 1143 defense and 82pct mgc defense becomes
Archer super coat lvl 140: 1357 defense (same as taoists, not even nearly op in any way) and 88 pct magic defense (monks have 86pct, which is really far from most classes, and monks are alot stronger than archers)

Archer super plumes/hat lvl 140: 685 defense and no mgc defense becomes
Archer super plumes/hat lvl 140: 685 defense and 17 mgc defense (same as ninjas - still less than monks)

Edit: 5. New equipment

The purpose here would be to create a second hand item for archers. It would be a quiver, which makes perfect sense considering any archer carries one. The quiver would bring the following advantages:

. More atack, HP, and possibly some other stat

. The possibility to finally have 210 pct SDGS (2 new sockets)

. A new item to -7 (more bless = less damage taken)

Example:

. Level 140 Super +12 Quiver
- 1000-1000 atack (+ arrows)
- HP +1500
- Dex: 47
- 2sockets
- Enchanted Hp: 255
- Damage -7
- Carries 10000 arrows
(+12 stats):
+ 755 atack
+ 2200 HP
+ 73 Dex

- What do you guys think? Feedback would be appreciated! Please note that archer's damage is calculated differently, therefore, more atack would necessarily make them hit that much more. They wouldn't still hit much

I think that's it so far, no need for any more changes. The damage output section is really important, so I'd really appreciate some feedback concerning it. Before you vote, psot a comment stating wether you agree or not and why. Arrangements can be made

Thanks for reading

Edit: In conclusion, after all these changes were applied, I must say I think archers would be pretty great, yet nowhere near OP. This would bring back balance to them, making them a fun class to play with. The hardest part is still not done tho, which is creating that said skill for them to get back into the PvP competition. Help me with this guys, and thanks for reading

"Ueki is an unusually calm individual,
and doesn't care about what happens to him.
He also seems to have a strong battle sense,
as he often finds his opponent's weak points,
or unique strategies to defeat them."

Last edited by Ueki.!; 06-14-2012 at 04:19.
Ueki.! is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-12-2012, 16:01   #2
StillHeart
Heartless

StillHeart has a reputation beyond reputeStillHeart has a reputation beyond reputeStillHeart has a reputation beyond reputeStillHeart has a reputation beyond reputeStillHeart has a reputation beyond reputeStillHeart has a reputation beyond reputeStillHeart has a reputation beyond reputeStillHeart has a reputation beyond reputeStillHeart has a reputation beyond reputeStillHeart has a reputation beyond reputeStillHeart has a reputation beyond repute
Thing is, I honestly think archers should get a new skill for their bow that bypasses the dodge from boots. But it cannot in anyway, be anything like it is attacking now.

Left click over a player and there is just continuous arrows firing. lol. So instead it should be a new skill either similar to fb or tfb. None the less, in that scenario only should they be able to deal damage.

As for the xp skill where they do 300% damage. Unless the 300% is according to the bow damage at the moment, then it's a no. Imagine in gwar. lol.
StillHeart is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-12-2012, 16:05   #3
Maya Fey
Channeler

Maya Fey has a reputation beyond reputeMaya Fey has a reputation beyond reputeMaya Fey has a reputation beyond reputeMaya Fey has a reputation beyond reputeMaya Fey has a reputation beyond reputeMaya Fey has a reputation beyond reputeMaya Fey has a reputation beyond reputeMaya Fey has a reputation beyond reputeMaya Fey has a reputation beyond reputeMaya Fey has a reputation beyond reputeMaya Fey has a reputation beyond repute
Oh yeah, everyone complains about how crappy Archer's damage is.

Let's just say they buff their attack.

Now Archers will go dealing 4k per arrow to anyone like, equal bp or more.

And they don't even need skill to hit.

That's even worse than a Fire.
Maya Fey is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-12-2012, 16:53   #4
Ueki.!
Dismantler

Ueki.! has a reputation beyond reputeUeki.! has a reputation beyond reputeUeki.! has a reputation beyond reputeUeki.! has a reputation beyond reputeUeki.! has a reputation beyond reputeUeki.! has a reputation beyond reputeUeki.! has a reputation beyond reputeUeki.! has a reputation beyond reputeUeki.! has a reputation beyond reputeUeki.! has a reputation beyond reputeUeki.! has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillHeart View Post
Thing is, I honestly think archers should get a new skill for their bow that bypasses the dodge from boots. But it cannot in anyway, be anything like it is attacking now.

Left click over a player and there is just continuous arrows firing. lol. So instead it should be a new skill either similar to fb or tfb. None the less, in that scenario only should they be able to deal damage.

As for the xp skill where they do 300% damage. Unless the 300% is according to the bow damage at the moment, then it's a no. Imagine in gwar. lol.
Exactly, it can't be with an upped damage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maya Fey View Post
Oh yeah, everyone complains about how crappy Archer's damage is.

Let's just say they buff their attack.

Now Archers will go dealing 4k per arrow to anyone like, equal bp or more.

And they don't even need skill to hit.

That's even worse than a Fire.
That's the point, their damage is not supposed to be buffed like that.

Summing up:

Archer's damage maybe should remain the same, yet giving them a new skill with which they can deal decent damage but it's also hard to hit. What do you guys think?

Old 06-13-2012, 12:28   #5
LitasLTL

LitasLTL has a reputation beyond reputeLitasLTL has a reputation beyond reputeLitasLTL has a reputation beyond reputeLitasLTL has a reputation beyond reputeLitasLTL has a reputation beyond reputeLitasLTL has a reputation beyond reputeLitasLTL has a reputation beyond reputeLitasLTL has a reputation beyond reputeLitasLTL has a reputation beyond reputeLitasLTL has a reputation beyond reputeLitasLTL has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ueki.! View Post
Archer's damage maybe should remain the same, yet giving them a new skill with which they can deal decent damage but it's also hard to hit. What do you guys think?
This is what should be done but for all clases TQ is trying to do oposite (giving them easy attacks with slightly lesser damage) so hard to expect them to do right thing for archers.

Playing free to play - free to win game "count to 50 before mod posts". Rxin and trunks006 are the bestest.
LitasLTL is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-13-2012, 14:08   #6
Ueki.!
Dismantler

Quote:
Originally Posted by LitasLTL View Post
This is what should be done but for all clases TQ is trying to do oposite (giving them easy attacks with slightly lesser damage) so hard to expect them to do right thing for archers.
Exactly, the only problem is findind such a skill

FB/SS would be the best thing for all classes, and it's the most skilfull way of killing anyone so far, but with the current lag, it's nearly impossible to use them

If CO would get it's lag fixed, it could be a nearly perfect game. I could see db sales going up and some players coming back

All they had to do would be fix the lag and make every class skilfull again

Old 06-13-2012, 19:16   #7
mistressyesumes
Knightmare

mistressyesumes has a reputation beyond reputemistressyesumes has a reputation beyond reputemistressyesumes has a reputation beyond reputemistressyesumes has a reputation beyond reputemistressyesumes has a reputation beyond reputemistressyesumes has a reputation beyond reputemistressyesumes has a reputation beyond reputemistressyesumes has a reputation beyond reputemistressyesumes has a reputation beyond reputemistressyesumes has a reputation beyond reputemistressyesumes has a reputation beyond repute
They could make a right click melee with the bow, but I like most of these suggestions, I just think instead of the boosts in equipmnt, a quiver would be better, I can't stand having less bless than others cause there isn't a second item and same with SDGs, quiveer could hold like 10k arrows making archers unable to hit something every 5 mins and have to take another trip to pharmacists. Quiver could also add the stats that archers need including attack improvement since bow has less than half the attack of all other twohands.
Guild:|Pur3BlooD|
Guild Position:Deputy Leader
Battle Power:300
Bless:28%
My Anime List

Quote:
Originally Posted by progamer6 View Post
stoped reading there, as full +12 ninja, i was hit 25k by a nado
Quote:
Originally Posted by TQ
We listen but we don't care.
Change arena point system
Give Longhammers, and Hammers a new skill
mistressyesumes is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-14-2012, 03:44   #8
Ueki.!
Dismantler

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistressyesumes View Post
They could make a right click melee with the bow, but I like most of these suggestions, I just think instead of the boosts in equipmnt, a quiver would be better, I can't stand having less bless than others cause there isn't a second item and same with SDGs, quiveer could hold like 10k arrows making archers unable to hit something every 5 mins and have to take another trip to pharmacists. Quiver could also add the stats that archers need including attack improvement since bow has less than half the attack of all other twohands.
I must say I like that quiver idea. It could bring archers the full 2sdgs they deserve, more bless, hp, and some extra atack. And carrying more arrows seems useful too

Old 06-14-2012, 13:16   #9
mistressyesumes
Knightmare

mistressyesumes has a reputation beyond reputemistressyesumes has a reputation beyond reputemistressyesumes has a reputation beyond reputemistressyesumes has a reputation beyond reputemistressyesumes has a reputation beyond reputemistressyesumes has a reputation beyond reputemistressyesumes has a reputation beyond reputemistressyesumes has a reputation beyond reputemistressyesumes has a reputation beyond reputemistressyesumes has a reputation beyond reputemistressyesumes has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
I must say I like that quiver idea. It could bring archers the full 2sdgs they deserve, more bless, hp, and some extra atack. And carrying more arrows seems useful too
Well if taos get mana backswords and meditate and trojans can sit for more attacks, archers should be able to attack to.
My Anime List

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TQ
Old 06-14-2012, 16:03   #10
Ueki.!
Dismantler

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistressyesumes View Post
Well if taos get mana backswords and meditate and trojans can sit for more attacks, archers should be able to attack to.
Since it was your idea, how do you feel about the quiver suggestion in the main post?

Old 06-14-2012, 16:21   #11
mistressyesumes
Knightmare

Quote:
Since it was your idea, how do you feel about the quiver suggestion in the main post?
Okay, I will, tho I have made suggestions in the past and they usually get thumbs down just because I made them. I suggested a nobility rank for female princes to be princesses and people couldn't stand the idea so the minute someone else added to my idea, someone else stle the idea as a whole and reposted, obviously since his included all nobility ranks nothing was done, I think I am going off topic, so I will just go make quiver post.
My Anime List

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TQ
Old 06-14-2012, 20:09   #12
StillHeart
Heartless

StillHeart has a reputation beyond reputeStillHeart has a reputation beyond reputeStillHeart has a reputation beyond reputeStillHeart has a reputation beyond reputeStillHeart has a reputation beyond reputeStillHeart has a reputation beyond reputeStillHeart has a reputation beyond reputeStillHeart has a reputation beyond reputeStillHeart has a reputation beyond reputeStillHeart has a reputation beyond reputeStillHeart has a reputation beyond repute
As adamant as I am for Archers and even Trojans to get buffed. I'm pretty sure the creation of Archer skills and weapons is in effect. It has been unofficially listed on their facebook site and they have hinted at it.

The only thing we have to wait for is TQ's sales to go down from noobs buying warrior gears and ninja gears for them to OP archers and trojans and taoists again so those noobs that bulked for ninja and warrior gears bulk again.

Just a matter of time, and to cross our fingers for a fair and decent balance from TQ. Though we will undoubtedly be TQ'd.
StillHeart is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-17-2012, 14:36   #13
Axjon
Bow Archer

Axjon has a reputation beyond reputeAxjon has a reputation beyond reputeAxjon has a reputation beyond reputeAxjon has a reputation beyond reputeAxjon has a reputation beyond reputeAxjon has a reputation beyond reputeAxjon has a reputation beyond reputeAxjon has a reputation beyond reputeAxjon has a reputation beyond reputeAxjon has a reputation beyond reputeAxjon has a reputation beyond repute
1) XP Skills
Maybe decrease it by 10 seconds with every hit. 4 hits with an archer is damage that you can just pot away with a few stanchers. But either way, having an archer that can make itself fall from flying is stupid. All other classes can attack the archer in the air after reborn -- magic, poison zap, whirlwind kick, and archer bane... Flying is mostly useless in PVP imo
2) Stamina Skills
Yes. Why do all archer stam skills cost full stam? I think it should cost 1/2 or 1/3. Also, intensify needs to become a passive self buff or you should be able to move around as it charges.
3) Damage Output
Hm... it could be an xp skill that lasts 5-10 seconds
4) Armors
I agree here. Archers should have the highest magic defense beside the Taos.
5) New equipment
I'm indifferent (mostly because I dont want to have to up more gear). It may just be better to just double the effects of all added effects on the bow and other two-handed weapons (enchanted, gem, blesses, dsouls, what-have-you). of course it would take the normal effect on pure warriors wielding a 2H/shield

Other suggestions to add:
  • A passive skill that drains HP
  • A skill (XP?) that shoots one arrow that does damage equal to the current kill count? Maybe have it refresh the kill count to 0 afterward? This also makes sense since the class is viewed as the hunter.
  • Revamping special arrows (maybe calculating their damage differently from normal arrows, making poison arrows do real damage like ninja's, )

EDIT:
(everything else I agree with)

~ First +12 Bow WS
~ First full +12 warrior WS
~ First full perm warrior WS
Axjon is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-17-2012, 18:23   #14
SaintWulfie

SaintWulfie has a reputation beyond reputeSaintWulfie has a reputation beyond reputeSaintWulfie has a reputation beyond reputeSaintWulfie has a reputation beyond reputeSaintWulfie has a reputation beyond reputeSaintWulfie has a reputation beyond reputeSaintWulfie has a reputation beyond reputeSaintWulfie has a reputation beyond reputeSaintWulfie has a reputation beyond reputeSaintWulfie has a reputation beyond reputeSaintWulfie has a reputation beyond repute
I wonder is it bad or good that I think your Quiver stat is much more usable than yessume version.

LOL
I like this
Hmm let add revamping of the archer arrow as well shall we?
I will add more when I have the time to check what arrow are available to them ~_~
Old 06-18-2012, 05:38   #15
EvoArch
Icarus

EvoArch is on a distinguished road
I really like youre ideas. The quiver and the new Xp skill sounds great. But to be honest if an archer had something like that mobs would be destroyed non stop so maybe like the canon barriage where the xp skill (i dont know the correct term for it) does not regenerate quickly, unlike superman that can continuously run for as long as the player (or bot-_-) can do. That would be a nice balance for archers.

I also think the new skill should be something called straight shot. Simply said
Does a straight shot with one arrow causing 130pct of normal dmg. Thatd give archers a reason to gain skills in pvp instead of fly and click the damn opponent. Damn archers...

Orrrr for the slight chance an archer runs out of arrows in pvp
The skills doesnt use an arrow but like a magical looking shot. Cost X amount of stamina.

The quiver would give archers balance definitely. The hp increase plus attack would put a smile on any archers face. Including mine

A passive skill would be cool like pheonix to take out bosses more quickly.

Cpt.Secksy: as of now pure wat 117 (going to 120)

icarus-arch-arch 127 (semi-active)

Evolution
Guild-Student Council
EvoArch is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: