Old 02-12-2011, 10:03   #1
Draconan

Draconan has a reputation beyond reputeDraconan has a reputation beyond reputeDraconan has a reputation beyond reputeDraconan has a reputation beyond reputeDraconan has a reputation beyond reputeDraconan has a reputation beyond reputeDraconan has a reputation beyond reputeDraconan has a reputation beyond reputeDraconan has a reputation beyond reputeDraconan has a reputation beyond reputeDraconan has a reputation beyond repute
Wat-War-War vs Pure War

With the new weapon skills coming for spear and wand I've been wanting to get to work on making a pure warrior, but not sure if it is worth it to go pure.

Really the only advantage I can find for pure warrior is still speedgun. Wat-War-War with a blade will do more damage with FB than a pure war using <insert spear's new skill name here>

I'm just looking to get others opinions on which they think is better to play and why.

Some quick math I did comparing Super level 120 weapons and Super 121 ring all no plus

Blade:
2350 - 3475 (avg 2912) for base damage
3055 - 4517 (avg 3786) for FB
3971 - 5872 (avg 4921) for FB while stigged

Spear:
2382 - 4028 (avg 3205) for base damage
2739 - 4632 (avg 3685) for <nameless spear skill>

Pure warrior would have the advatage that if they get close enough they have a chance of getting Speedgun to go off

Wat-War-War will also gain magic shield

Looking at these numbers (not sure how much the ratios will change with the plusing of rings/weapons) I also will need to factor in that 2 handers get more bonus from dragon souls and redo the math, but thinking after DS are added it will be pretty close damage wise so really comes down to speedgun vs magic shield
Draconan is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-12-2011, 10:09   #2
Seppo
The Archer

Seppo has a reputation beyond reputeSeppo has a reputation beyond reputeSeppo has a reputation beyond reputeSeppo has a reputation beyond reputeSeppo has a reputation beyond reputeSeppo has a reputation beyond reputeSeppo has a reputation beyond reputeSeppo has a reputation beyond reputeSeppo has a reputation beyond reputeSeppo has a reputation beyond reputeSeppo has a reputation beyond repute
Wat-war-war by far.

Super +7 SDG/SDG -5 Earrings
Super +6 SDG/SDG -5 Necklace
Super +7 SDG/SDG -5 Permanent phase 2 Ring
Super +7 SDG/SDG -5 Armor
Super +6 SDG/SDG -5 Boots
Super +6 STG/STG -1 Fan
Super +6 SGG/SGG -1 Tower
Super +12 SDG/SDG -5 Permanent phase 6 Sword
Super +8 SDG/SDG -5 Permanent phase 4 Sword

P9 Apothecary
P9 Martial Art
P9 Chi Master
P9 Performer
P9 Wrangler

Proud pokémon trainer of Angtoria

eRepublik
Seppo is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-12-2011, 10:29   #3
bahalan

bahalan is on a distinguished road
for me its better pure war, because with pure war you can fight with spear and blade, but with wat-war-war you cant, and you can get stig or magic shield for another water...
and when you go for melee then the blade sucks, but with a spear you have speedgun

Last edited by bahalan; 02-12-2011 at 10:41.
bahalan is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-12-2011, 10:33   #4
bwg2469

bwg2469 has a reputation beyond reputebwg2469 has a reputation beyond reputebwg2469 has a reputation beyond reputebwg2469 has a reputation beyond reputebwg2469 has a reputation beyond reputebwg2469 has a reputation beyond reputebwg2469 has a reputation beyond reputebwg2469 has a reputation beyond reputebwg2469 has a reputation beyond reputebwg2469 has a reputation beyond reputebwg2469 has a reputation beyond repute
Wand

Level 140
Guild: The Gods

King on Server Gemini

385 (Max) Battle Power

8/3/2011

Pure Warrior Videos

http://www.xfire.com/profile/bwg2469/videos/
bwg2469 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-12-2011, 10:40   #5
Draconan

Draconan has a reputation beyond reputeDraconan has a reputation beyond reputeDraconan has a reputation beyond reputeDraconan has a reputation beyond reputeDraconan has a reputation beyond reputeDraconan has a reputation beyond reputeDraconan has a reputation beyond reputeDraconan has a reputation beyond reputeDraconan has a reputation beyond reputeDraconan has a reputation beyond reputeDraconan has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwg2469 View Post
Wand
For pole? or just cause the animation for the new skill looks cool?
Old 02-12-2011, 10:45   #6
yesumes
Banned

yesumes has a reputation beyond reputeyesumes has a reputation beyond reputeyesumes has a reputation beyond reputeyesumes has a reputation beyond reputeyesumes has a reputation beyond reputeyesumes has a reputation beyond reputeyesumes has a reputation beyond reputeyesumes has a reputation beyond reputeyesumes has a reputation beyond reputeyesumes has a reputation beyond reputeyesumes has a reputation beyond repute
Gonna have to say water>warrior>warrior, your comparing and attack and a defense move and your a defense class, besides magic shield is a pwnage skill for warriors with shields.

The fact that you talk as if you'd ever get speedgun off tells me you mellee tho if thats the case perhaps sword is a better choice for you, less attack in ss then in fb but you get pheonix which is prtty pwnage skill.

Guess it really depends on the person and how they fight, I mellee all the time so I'd be going water>trojan>warrior if I were to make a warior (I get it you want reflect more then cyclone so for you youd replace trojan with warrior) then I'd use sword and shield since I mellee all the time.

If you are looking for a charactar to use spear tho then make trojan>warrior>water and you can use spear add some STGs 4 SDGs and viola you got an amazing spear weilder, theres also the option of archer with spear you can do alot of damage with 350 pct power of spear, if your smart enough to get it off.
yesumes is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-12-2011, 10:52   #7
CornFlakes:o
Désolé

CornFlakes:o has a reputation beyond reputeCornFlakes:o has a reputation beyond reputeCornFlakes:o has a reputation beyond reputeCornFlakes:o has a reputation beyond reputeCornFlakes:o has a reputation beyond reputeCornFlakes:o has a reputation beyond reputeCornFlakes:o has a reputation beyond reputeCornFlakes:o has a reputation beyond reputeCornFlakes:o has a reputation beyond reputeCornFlakes:o has a reputation beyond reputeCornFlakes:o has a reputation beyond repute
if you are going to go wat-war-war you are better off going wat-war-monk with blade mainly because monk gear has the same defence as warrior but higher mdef similar to tao gear.

war-war-war will give you the most pdef than any other class and you get 70% block (credit goes to ~Twix~)
CornFlakes:o is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-12-2011, 11:14   #8
Draconan

Quote:
Originally Posted by CornFlakes:o View Post
if you are going to go wat-war-war you are better off going wat-war-monk with blade mainly because monk gear has the same defence as warrior but higher mdef similar to tao gear.

war-war-war will give you the most pdef than any other class and you get 70% block (credit goes to ~Twix~)
wat-war-war and war-war-war have same defense except wat-war-war has magic shield for the 30% boost
Also all warriors can get 75% Block it's not a pure skill.

But ya wat-war-monk is also something I am considering, they are very versatile, with superior armour and low requirement for beads making using both beads and blade easy, plus the auras are nice.
Old 02-12-2011, 11:17   #9
Seppo
The Archer

Seppo has a reputation beyond reputeSeppo has a reputation beyond reputeSeppo has a reputation beyond reputeSeppo has a reputation beyond reputeSeppo has a reputation beyond reputeSeppo has a reputation beyond reputeSeppo has a reputation beyond reputeSeppo has a reputation beyond reputeSeppo has a reputation beyond reputeSeppo has a reputation beyond reputeSeppo has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:

Isnt it 75% block? And wat-war-war is better then wat-war-monk imo. You still get mdef capped so its fine.

Super +7 SDG/SDG -5 Earrings
Super +6 SDG/SDG -5 Necklace
Super +7 SDG/SDG -5 Permanent phase 2 Ring
Super +7 SDG/SDG -5 Armor
Super +6 SDG/SDG -5 Boots
Super +6 STG/STG -1 Fan
Super +6 SGG/SGG -1 Tower
Super +12 SDG/SDG -5 Permanent phase 6 Sword
Super +8 SDG/SDG -5 Permanent phase 4 Sword

P9 Apothecary
P9 Martial Art
P9 Chi Master
P9 Performer
P9 Wrangler

Proud pokémon trainer of Angtoria

eRepublik
Seppo is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-12-2011, 13:17   #10
yesumes
Banned

yesumes has a reputation beyond reputeyesumes has a reputation beyond reputeyesumes has a reputation beyond reputeyesumes has a reputation beyond reputeyesumes has a reputation beyond reputeyesumes has a reputation beyond reputeyesumes has a reputation beyond reputeyesumes has a reputation beyond reputeyesumes has a reputation beyond reputeyesumes has a reputation beyond reputeyesumes has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:

Very high price to repair shield tho, and skills are inferior tho always active.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Draconan View Post
wat-war-war and war-war-war have same defense except wat-war-war has magic shield for the 30% boost
Also all warriors can get 75% Block it's not a pure skill.

But ya wat-war-monk is also something I am considering, they are very versatile, with superior armour and low requirement for beads making using both beads and blade easy, plus the auras are nice.
Auras fail in comparasin to shield XP skill and superman which I don't think you keep as monk. Not to mention block.
Old 02-12-2011, 13:33   #11
noobie.com

noobie.com has a reputation beyond reputenoobie.com has a reputation beyond reputenoobie.com has a reputation beyond reputenoobie.com has a reputation beyond reputenoobie.com has a reputation beyond reputenoobie.com has a reputation beyond reputenoobie.com has a reputation beyond reputenoobie.com has a reputation beyond reputenoobie.com has a reputation beyond reputenoobie.com has a reputation beyond reputenoobie.com has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Draconan View Post
With the new weapon skills coming for spear and wand I've been wanting to get to work on making a pure warrior, but not sure if it is worth it to go pure.

Really the only advantage I can find for pure warrior is still speedgun. Wat-War-War with a blade will do more damage with FB than a pure war using <insert spear's new skill name here>

I'm just looking to get others opinions on which they think is better to play and why.

Some quick math I did comparing Super level 120 weapons and Super 121 ring all no plus

Blade:
2350 - 3475 (avg 2912) for base damage
3055 - 4517 (avg 3786) for FB
3971 - 5872 (avg 4921) for FB while stigged

Spear:
2382 - 4028 (avg 3205) for base damage
2739 - 4632 (avg 3685) for <nameless spear skill>

Pure warrior would have the advatage that if they get close enough they have a chance of getting Speedgun to go off

Wat-War-War will also gain magic shield

Looking at these numbers (not sure how much the ratios will change with the plusing of rings/weapons) I also will need to factor in that 2 handers get more bonus from dragon souls and redo the math, but thinking after DS are added it will be pretty close damage wise so really comes down to speedgun vs magic shield
I think it depends on if you plan on going to pole a lot at GW with your warrior. If So Pure warrior with wand and spear on alt weapon. Blade has no AOE and sucks at pole. In the end against other melee classes like monk and tro its going to take you 2 hits to kill a top melee player (not considering xP shield and, reflect, block and all) for each class and having a 2h with the 115% is the same 2 hits so a 369 warrior (either build) vs a 369 monk or tro is going to be 2 hits for the warrior and 2 hits for the tro, etc. so its all about the same in the end. Magic shield is nice yet rofl thats not going to mean much against a +12 fire and if you are a warrior fighting a +12 STG fire I guess all I can say is you will not win to often with a blade only even with FB at 130 percent and your best odds are not even going to be the new weapon skill but a melee with speedgun so a 2h may be the best option in all around play (Pure warrior with wand and alt gear spear). Just my two cents on it. Ohh, and the 70 percent block may even be sweeter with reflect. It may be a nightmare for a lot of melee classes trying to get a warrior dead haha.

Last edited by noobie.com; 02-12-2011 at 13:37.
noobie.com is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-12-2011, 20:27   #12
metallica115
IGiveA****

metallica115 has a reputation beyond reputemetallica115 has a reputation beyond reputemetallica115 has a reputation beyond reputemetallica115 has a reputation beyond reputemetallica115 has a reputation beyond reputemetallica115 has a reputation beyond reputemetallica115 has a reputation beyond reputemetallica115 has a reputation beyond reputemetallica115 has a reputation beyond reputemetallica115 has a reputation beyond reputemetallica115 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to metallica115
This debate is completely necessary.
Pure warrior gets to use a 2hander and a shield, water war war doesn't. What a water war war can do is irrelevant and he is obsolete. Close thread and burn it.

Quote:
The surprising thing about young fools is how many survive to become old fools.-Doug Larson
Quote:
"I do not know, why does thou not? Thy words seem plain, a mundane lot. Perhaps a poet's soul's in me... Does that make me a poet tree?" -Grand Oak
metallica115 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-12-2011, 20:38   #13
yesumes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by metallica115 View Post
This debate is completely necessary.
Pure warrior gets to use a 2hander and a shield, water war war doesn't. What a water war war can do is irrelevant and he is obsolete. Close thread and burn it.
No because who needs a twohander it loses all it's range after you equip shield then it's just a onehand with more power, however stig can make up for some power the other skills replace the rest of the power then it comes down to which you want more

Power which comes with spear on pure warrior

Or better skills such as stig, magic shield, SoA, medititate, psn zap and whatever else.
Old 02-12-2011, 21:03   #14
Mikeyy
Mikeyy

Mikeyy has a reputation beyond reputeMikeyy has a reputation beyond reputeMikeyy has a reputation beyond reputeMikeyy has a reputation beyond reputeMikeyy has a reputation beyond reputeMikeyy has a reputation beyond reputeMikeyy has a reputation beyond reputeMikeyy has a reputation beyond reputeMikeyy has a reputation beyond reputeMikeyy has a reputation beyond reputeMikeyy has a reputation beyond repute
you a noop mistress

monk-war-war ftw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infamous~ View Post
You dumb ****.
Mikeyy is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-12-2011, 21:23   #15
metallica115
IGiveA****

metallica115 has a reputation beyond reputemetallica115 has a reputation beyond reputemetallica115 has a reputation beyond reputemetallica115 has a reputation beyond reputemetallica115 has a reputation beyond reputemetallica115 has a reputation beyond reputemetallica115 has a reputation beyond reputemetallica115 has a reputation beyond reputemetallica115 has a reputation beyond reputemetallica115 has a reputation beyond reputemetallica115 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to metallica115
Quote:
Originally Posted by yesumes View Post
No because who needs a twohander it loses all it's range after you equip shield then it's just a onehand with more power, however stig can make up for some power the other skills replace the rest of the power then it comes down to which you want more

Power which comes with spear on pure warrior

Or better skills such as stig, magic shield, SoA, medititate, psn zap and whatever else.
Meh psn zap is so lame and useless, you can kill noobs with it though then again you can kill noobs with everything. Let the 2hander skills come out and then you'll see. A 1hander warrior can pull out maybe 25k atk max? 2hander warrior over 40k.

Quote:
The surprising thing about young fools is how many survive to become old fools.-Doug Larson
Quote:
"I do not know, why does thou not? Thy words seem plain, a mundane lot. Perhaps a poet's soul's in me... Does that make me a poet tree?" -Grand Oak

Last edited by metallica115; 02-12-2011 at 21:26.
metallica115 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: