View Poll Results: We need Automatic Universal lanuage Translator
Good Idea 14 63.64%
Bad Idea 8 36.36%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-17-2010, 12:05   #1
Draconavitch

Draconavitch has a reputation beyond reputeDraconavitch has a reputation beyond reputeDraconavitch has a reputation beyond reputeDraconavitch has a reputation beyond reputeDraconavitch has a reputation beyond reputeDraconavitch has a reputation beyond reputeDraconavitch has a reputation beyond reputeDraconavitch has a reputation beyond reputeDraconavitch has a reputation beyond reputeDraconavitch has a reputation beyond reputeDraconavitch has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Game Suggestion

I know this is in wrong Thread, but since I cannot post in the Suggestions thread, because thread is closed. So Here it is, Sorry for the Missplaced thread.

Automatic Universal Languages Translator. Meaning, all other Languages be shown on your Screen in the Language that you Chose when you Registered your Character. This is really needed in game. There are so many Differrant Languages in same Guild, Kind of makes you feel like the Tower of Babalon days, when the Languages got changed, No one can Understand anyone. Thus the Guild falls apart.

As an example:
It would be so much Simpler if we all understood that
((@#$%^&())&FVDH^&*FEJHD*&gjgfk))
Actually Means: Help me, im being PKd, in DC.

Please Help all of Conquer by Solving the Language Barrier.
Draconavitch is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-17-2010, 12:14   #2
Thechosenone
Banned

Thechosenone has a reputation beyond reputeThechosenone has a reputation beyond reputeThechosenone has a reputation beyond reputeThechosenone has a reputation beyond reputeThechosenone has a reputation beyond reputeThechosenone has a reputation beyond reputeThechosenone has a reputation beyond reputeThechosenone has a reputation beyond reputeThechosenone has a reputation beyond reputeThechosenone has a reputation beyond reputeThechosenone has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Thechosenone
I think if someone made a universal translator that woulld work for all games they could probably sell the technology and make a bit of profit but the problem is building an actual universal translator. Its a lot harder than you would think especially when people from other countries attempt to use strange characters ona game that doesn't support them. It won't be translated correctly. An example would be ano versus ao. One means butthole and one means year. If a game doesn't support the character than it would be hard to work around. Program it and sell it ^_^. Google is working on it with there translators and that type of thing but a lot of time it mistranslates stuff.
Thechosenone is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-17-2010, 12:18   #3
Jerri
Banned

Location: SUOMI PERKELE!!! Posts: 8815 + 1609 + 1091 + 14 533 + 113 = 26 161
Jerri has a reputation beyond reputeJerri has a reputation beyond reputeJerri has a reputation beyond reputeJerri has a reputation beyond reputeJerri has a reputation beyond reputeJerri has a reputation beyond reputeJerri has a reputation beyond reputeJerri has a reputation beyond reputeJerri has a reputation beyond reputeJerri has a reputation beyond reputeJerri has a reputation beyond repute
No.

I speak 2, sometimes 3 languages in game.

Also, translators fail.
Jerri is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-17-2010, 13:04   #4
Adtje
Banned

Adtje has a reputation beyond reputeAdtje has a reputation beyond reputeAdtje has a reputation beyond reputeAdtje has a reputation beyond reputeAdtje has a reputation beyond reputeAdtje has a reputation beyond reputeAdtje has a reputation beyond reputeAdtje has a reputation beyond reputeAdtje has a reputation beyond reputeAdtje has a reputation beyond reputeAdtje has a reputation beyond repute
-sigh-

When will people finally find out the CO forum isnt the place for suggestions...

If you want CO to change, you should go to WoW suggestion forum, make proposal there, wait for Blizzard to implement it to WoW, CO programming team sees your new idea while playing WoW all day, then maybe they think: "Hey, lets copy that to CO, and we sell more DBs!"
Old 01-17-2010, 13:16   #5
DETONATOAREA
Female

DETONATOAREA has a reputation beyond reputeDETONATOAREA has a reputation beyond reputeDETONATOAREA has a reputation beyond reputeDETONATOAREA has a reputation beyond reputeDETONATOAREA has a reputation beyond reputeDETONATOAREA has a reputation beyond reputeDETONATOAREA has a reputation beyond reputeDETONATOAREA has a reputation beyond reputeDETONATOAREA has a reputation beyond reputeDETONATOAREA has a reputation beyond reputeDETONATOAREA has a reputation beyond repute
I doubt that languages have split since the Tower of Babylon. They split since man started to split the tribes, and it somehow continues even today that people start inventing new languages such as net speak or street talk and other things that are a result of breaking the rules of grammar, orthography, or even renaming things.

A translator should be constantly updated due to this.
Sapphire/Emerald: Silver-Hawk arch-war-arch 130-130-132 (INACTIVE)
Arkoto tro-war-nin 130-130-128 (INACTIVE)
Thanks to Loviatar for the dragon avatar.
My novel on deviant art:
Alien Ride
DETONATOAREA is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-18-2010, 00:27   #6
thehempknight
Your Ruler

thehempknight has a reputation beyond reputethehempknight has a reputation beyond reputethehempknight has a reputation beyond reputethehempknight has a reputation beyond reputethehempknight has a reputation beyond reputethehempknight has a reputation beyond reputethehempknight has a reputation beyond reputethehempknight has a reputation beyond reputethehempknight has a reputation beyond reputethehempknight has a reputation beyond reputethehempknight has a reputation beyond repute
Get your own off the internet.
s
m

I hate it when it drips like that....

Official Unofficial NonMember of the BACONEERS!!!!11eleven

There's no point for democracy when ignorance is celebrated.

The saline from your tear ducts energizes my ego.
thehempknight is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-18-2010, 00:30   #7
LitasLTL

LitasLTL has a reputation beyond reputeLitasLTL has a reputation beyond reputeLitasLTL has a reputation beyond reputeLitasLTL has a reputation beyond reputeLitasLTL has a reputation beyond reputeLitasLTL has a reputation beyond reputeLitasLTL has a reputation beyond reputeLitasLTL has a reputation beyond reputeLitasLTL has a reputation beyond reputeLitasLTL has a reputation beyond reputeLitasLTL has a reputation beyond repute
Split english and arab co and all will be fine

Playing free to play - free to win game "count to 50 before mod posts". Rxin and trunks006 are the bestest.
LitasLTL is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-18-2010, 01:08   #8
the_awesome

the_awesome has a reputation beyond reputethe_awesome has a reputation beyond reputethe_awesome has a reputation beyond reputethe_awesome has a reputation beyond reputethe_awesome has a reputation beyond reputethe_awesome has a reputation beyond reputethe_awesome has a reputation beyond reputethe_awesome has a reputation beyond reputethe_awesome has a reputation beyond reputethe_awesome has a reputation beyond reputethe_awesome has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by DETONATOAREA View Post
I doubt that languages have split since the Tower of Babylon. They split since man started to split the tribes, and it somehow continues even today that people start inventing new languages such as net speak or street talk and other things that are a result of breaking the rules of grammar, orthography, or even renaming things.

A translator should be constantly updated due to this.
No, the bible says that the entire earth spoke one language. Until the tower of babylon
lol ill try but i cant help but use numbers ive been typing like this 4 so long that now its become instinct
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuddhaIncarnate View Post
So, what your are saying is...

You trained yourself to be a retard?
the_awesome is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-18-2010, 01:21   #9
vallier187
Quit

vallier187 has a reputation beyond reputevallier187 has a reputation beyond reputevallier187 has a reputation beyond reputevallier187 has a reputation beyond reputevallier187 has a reputation beyond reputevallier187 has a reputation beyond reputevallier187 has a reputation beyond reputevallier187 has a reputation beyond reputevallier187 has a reputation beyond reputevallier187 has a reputation beyond reputevallier187 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adtje View Post
-sigh-

When will people finally find out the CO forum isnt the place for suggestions...

If you want CO to change, you should go to WoW suggestion forum, make proposal there, wait for Blizzard to implement it to WoW, CO programming team sees your new idea while playing WoW all day, then maybe they think: "Hey, lets copy that to CO, and we sell more DBs!"
^
vallier187 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-18-2010, 06:12   #10
DETONATOAREA
Female

DETONATOAREA has a reputation beyond reputeDETONATOAREA has a reputation beyond reputeDETONATOAREA has a reputation beyond reputeDETONATOAREA has a reputation beyond reputeDETONATOAREA has a reputation beyond reputeDETONATOAREA has a reputation beyond reputeDETONATOAREA has a reputation beyond reputeDETONATOAREA has a reputation beyond reputeDETONATOAREA has a reputation beyond reputeDETONATOAREA has a reputation beyond reputeDETONATOAREA has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_awesome View Post
No, the bible says that the entire earth spoke one language. Until the tower of babylon
and what language was that? the humans in the stone age maybe only used a few sounds to talk to each other. by the time they managed to actually build something as big as a tower, they would already have Latin and other languages. I don't follow the bible either.
My novel on deviant art:
Alien Ride
Old 01-18-2010, 07:09   #11
kvdk
Alien #15

Location: In your head, stealing your secrets... oooh, a good one!
kvdk has a reputation beyond reputekvdk has a reputation beyond reputekvdk has a reputation beyond reputekvdk has a reputation beyond reputekvdk has a reputation beyond reputekvdk has a reputation beyond reputekvdk has a reputation beyond reputekvdk has a reputation beyond reputekvdk has a reputation beyond reputekvdk has a reputation beyond reputekvdk has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_awesome View Post
the bible also says i'm allowed to marry my niece, impregnate 50 women or more >_>\

need i continue? >_>

just becouse a fairytail is more then 2000 years old dous not mean its real >_>

if "god" existed and really gave a crap about humans, he'd have wiped us out eons ago >_<
kvdk is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-18-2010, 08:08   #12
DETONATOAREA
Female

I don't follow physics either so it can be said that i follow my own beliefs and try to find out if they are right or wrong by testing. It's just that today's scientists never question previous theories, they just take it as it is, they never try to test if time is what they think, or time could be something else (universal time for example, what if it doesn't actually differ, but it's more of an illusion?)
My novel on deviant art:
Alien Ride
Old 01-18-2010, 08:47   #13
kvdk
Alien #15

Location: In your head, stealing your secrets... oooh, a good one!
kvdk has a reputation beyond reputekvdk has a reputation beyond reputekvdk has a reputation beyond reputekvdk has a reputation beyond reputekvdk has a reputation beyond reputekvdk has a reputation beyond reputekvdk has a reputation beyond reputekvdk has a reputation beyond reputekvdk has a reputation beyond reputekvdk has a reputation beyond reputekvdk has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by DETONATOAREA View Post
I don't follow physics either so it can be said that i follow my own beliefs and try to find out if they are right or wrong by testing. It's just that today's scientists never question previous theories, they just take it as it is, they never try to test if time is what they think, or time could be something else (universal time for example, what if it doesn't actually differ, but it's more of an illusion?)
theories are questioned often enough, but only if something happens that according to the theory is impossible...

and sometimes, theories allow for things they dont seem to allow at first..
for example, the relativity theory and Quantums

technically, the relativity theory states that nothing can travel faster then light
yet somehow the Quantum particle exists at 2 points in timespace at once

but this is where other parts of the theory take over, and allow for timespace to be a flat "surface" that can be folded onto itself - allowing a object not to travel, but to simply BE somewhere else...

they are called theories because we cant prove them..
but unlike "god" what we DO know, suggests that its correct...
kvdk is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-18-2010, 09:40   #14
DETONATOAREA
Female

Quote:
Originally Posted by kvdk View Post
theories are questioned often enough, but only if something happens that according to the theory is impossible...

and sometimes, theories allow for things they dont seem to allow at first..
for example, the relativity theory and Quantums

technically, the relativity theory states that nothing can travel faster then light
yet somehow the Quantum particle exists at 2 points in timespace at once

but this is where other parts of the theory take over, and allow for timespace to be a flat "surface" that can be folded onto itself - allowing a object not to travel, but to simply BE somewhere else...

they are called theories because we cant prove them..
but unlike "god" what we DO know, suggests that its correct...
I just see time as a property of every substance/ energy.
And like i said a while ago, if one clock would be put on the Moon, another at the middle of the distance between the Moon and Earth and the 3rd clock on Earth and there is a human in each of the 3 places, if the human in the middle asks both the man on the Moon and the man on Earth to say the exact time, there are two possibilities:
a) They both say the same time (with a latency of a few seconds / minutes but equal time Moon = Earth) but not the same time in the middle observatory ---> Time is the same in all places, only that the distance matters, which makes just space matter.
b) The man on the Moon says a different time than both Earth and middle observatory and then the physics theory that time flows different in different places in space is correct.

I'm more inclined to think of a). But the only problem would be the physical corruption of the clock's mechanism if exposed to different gravity. If different gravity won't affect the clock then the test should show that time is overlapped with space.
My novel on deviant art:
Alien Ride
Old 01-18-2010, 10:48   #15
Fight
~Lelouch~

Fight has a reputation beyond reputeFight has a reputation beyond reputeFight has a reputation beyond reputeFight has a reputation beyond reputeFight has a reputation beyond reputeFight has a reputation beyond reputeFight has a reputation beyond reputeFight has a reputation beyond reputeFight has a reputation beyond reputeFight has a reputation beyond reputeFight has a reputation beyond repute
I think it would be incredibly difficult to design and it would often be inaccurate.

Co has like 5 different versions (French, Spanish, Arabic, English, Chinese) and I think more are coming out as well. We just need to make everyone play their own version and we won't need this.

Liberty:
105+ Archer
120+ Trojan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myself
From the Dictionary Of TQ Digital: Feature (noun): A bug/glitch that we were either too lazy or too inept to fix.
Fight is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: