Old 04-10-2016, 01:37   #76
Smaehtin
Scientist

Smaehtin has a reputation beyond reputeSmaehtin has a reputation beyond reputeSmaehtin has a reputation beyond reputeSmaehtin has a reputation beyond reputeSmaehtin has a reputation beyond reputeSmaehtin has a reputation beyond reputeSmaehtin has a reputation beyond reputeSmaehtin has a reputation beyond reputeSmaehtin has a reputation beyond reputeSmaehtin has a reputation beyond reputeSmaehtin has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schnifschnaf View Post
I agree with everything else, but that 0.01% seems to be totally off. I refuse to believe they have close to 6 million players on English/arabic co.
I remember at one of the "anniversaries", TQ had this picture saying that CO had more than 10 million players worldwide ... and Conquer Online still isn't even listed on streaming sites like Twitch, even though it's obviously bigger than World of Warcraft and all other MMORPGs, wtf .

Quote:
Originally Posted by elmo3zeb
I'm a professional hacker and coder
Quote:
Originally Posted by squidgemelent View Post
packet spam is defined by the fact it comes from a single source
Smaehtin is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 04-10-2016, 02:48   #77
Laurent

Laurent has a reputation beyond reputeLaurent has a reputation beyond reputeLaurent has a reputation beyond reputeLaurent has a reputation beyond reputeLaurent has a reputation beyond reputeLaurent has a reputation beyond reputeLaurent has a reputation beyond reputeLaurent has a reputation beyond reputeLaurent has a reputation beyond reputeLaurent has a reputation beyond reputeLaurent has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schnifschnaf View Post
I agree with everything else, but that 0.01% seems to be totally off. I refuse to believe they have close to 6 million players on English/arabic co.
0.01% at the time that was posted is 600K players. They have nearly a million.
Laurent is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 04-10-2016, 05:05   #78
pashtun
FinalBoss

pashtun has a reputation beyond reputepashtun has a reputation beyond reputepashtun has a reputation beyond reputepashtun has a reputation beyond reputepashtun has a reputation beyond reputepashtun has a reputation beyond reputepashtun has a reputation beyond reputepashtun has a reputation beyond reputepashtun has a reputation beyond reputepashtun has a reputation beyond reputepashtun has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by FiascoJackson View Post
You made the game of "spot the stats student" really easy.
A stat student would know that it does not matter if the sample size represents only 0.01% of the population. It's been years since I had statistics but if I recall correctly the sample size had to be atleast 30 to represent a population. Since 1068 people participated in this poll, I would argue the CO population is well represented and the results significant. He is simply in denial that >70% of the people are arabs, as I already had guessed.
Old 04-10-2016, 06:21   #79
Zenraiden

Zenraiden has a reputation beyond reputeZenraiden has a reputation beyond reputeZenraiden has a reputation beyond reputeZenraiden has a reputation beyond reputeZenraiden has a reputation beyond reputeZenraiden has a reputation beyond reputeZenraiden has a reputation beyond reputeZenraiden has a reputation beyond reputeZenraiden has a reputation beyond reputeZenraiden has a reputation beyond reputeZenraiden has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by pashtun View Post
A stat student would know that it does not matter if the sample size represents only 0.01% of the population. It's been years since I had statistics but if I recall correctly the sample size had to be atleast 30 to represent a population. Since 1068 people participated in this poll, I would argue the CO population is well represented and the results significant. He is simply in denial that >70% of the people are arabs, as I already had guessed.
and how many of those 800 are full bound <+5 assassin noobs?
Zenraiden is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 04-10-2016, 06:53   #80
Schnifschnaf

Schnifschnaf has a reputation beyond reputeSchnifschnaf has a reputation beyond reputeSchnifschnaf has a reputation beyond reputeSchnifschnaf has a reputation beyond reputeSchnifschnaf has a reputation beyond reputeSchnifschnaf has a reputation beyond reputeSchnifschnaf has a reputation beyond reputeSchnifschnaf has a reputation beyond reputeSchnifschnaf has a reputation beyond reputeSchnifschnaf has a reputation beyond reputeSchnifschnaf has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurent View Post
0.01% at the time that was posted is 600K players. They have nearly a million.
Was around 550+ 1 hour before you posted. 550x10 000= 5 500 000
So unless most votes suddenly disappeared during that hour, you're awfully mistaken. I think you should go back to the basics before you start messing around with statistics.
Schnifschnaf is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 04-10-2016, 08:48   #81
pashtun
FinalBoss

pashtun has a reputation beyond reputepashtun has a reputation beyond reputepashtun has a reputation beyond reputepashtun has a reputation beyond reputepashtun has a reputation beyond reputepashtun has a reputation beyond reputepashtun has a reputation beyond reputepashtun has a reputation beyond reputepashtun has a reputation beyond reputepashtun has a reputation beyond reputepashtun has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenraiden View Post
and how many of those 800 are full bound <+5 assassin noobs?
Irrelevant
Old 04-10-2016, 23:36   #82
Zenraiden

Zenraiden has a reputation beyond reputeZenraiden has a reputation beyond reputeZenraiden has a reputation beyond reputeZenraiden has a reputation beyond reputeZenraiden has a reputation beyond reputeZenraiden has a reputation beyond reputeZenraiden has a reputation beyond reputeZenraiden has a reputation beyond reputeZenraiden has a reputation beyond reputeZenraiden has a reputation beyond reputeZenraiden has a reputation beyond repute
It is pretty relevant if tqs source of income is coming from the 200 people playing
Zenraiden is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 04-11-2016, 02:02   #83
FiascoJackson

FiascoJackson has a reputation beyond reputeFiascoJackson has a reputation beyond reputeFiascoJackson has a reputation beyond reputeFiascoJackson has a reputation beyond reputeFiascoJackson has a reputation beyond reputeFiascoJackson has a reputation beyond reputeFiascoJackson has a reputation beyond reputeFiascoJackson has a reputation beyond reputeFiascoJackson has a reputation beyond reputeFiascoJackson has a reputation beyond reputeFiascoJackson has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by pashtun View Post
No, not really. It depends on the power and design of the study. You are correct that a "small" amount of people can represent accurately a population. But, I agree with OP that this samples power would nowhere near be high enough or designed well enough to be considered an accurate estimation of the target population.
Old 04-11-2016, 14:09   #84
pashtun
FinalBoss

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiascoJackson View Post
No, not really. It depends on the power and design of the study. You are correct that a "small" amount of people can represent accurately a population. But, I agree with OP that this samples power would nowhere near be high enough or designed well enough to be considered an accurate estimation of the target population.
Feel free to elaborate. What kind of study design would you recommend and what is the minimal sample size to achieve a 90% power? This is simply descriptive analysis (describing your population) and does not require any power calculation but I may be wrong which is why I ask.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: