Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-10-2012, 18:04   #61
Wayne Brady :(
Gentleman
 
Wayne Brady :('s Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 6,780
Wayne Brady :( has a reputation beyond reputeWayne Brady :( has a reputation beyond reputeWayne Brady :( has a reputation beyond reputeWayne Brady :( has a reputation beyond reputeWayne Brady :( has a reputation beyond reputeWayne Brady :( has a reputation beyond reputeWayne Brady :( has a reputation beyond reputeWayne Brady :( has a reputation beyond reputeWayne Brady :( has a reputation beyond reputeWayne Brady :( has a reputation beyond reputeWayne Brady :( has a reputation beyond repute
http://www.usdebtclock.org/world-debt-clock.html
__________________
I'm playing Tetris, come at me bro!
Wayne Brady :( is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-10-2012, 19:23   #62
BuddhaIncarnate
New Buddha
 
BuddhaIncarnate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: One with the Universe
Posts: 6,133
BuddhaIncarnate has a reputation beyond reputeBuddhaIncarnate has a reputation beyond reputeBuddhaIncarnate has a reputation beyond reputeBuddhaIncarnate has a reputation beyond reputeBuddhaIncarnate has a reputation beyond reputeBuddhaIncarnate has a reputation beyond reputeBuddhaIncarnate has a reputation beyond reputeBuddhaIncarnate has a reputation beyond reputeBuddhaIncarnate has a reputation beyond reputeBuddhaIncarnate has a reputation beyond reputeBuddhaIncarnate has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heyga4Huk View Post
In addition the American model is not proven to work, in fact your country is financially spiraling out of control, everybody acknowledges it nowadays.
I would argue that what is occurring now is not the American model, but an import of failed philosophies from the past 100 years. It is being conducted by people who hate the very principles America was founded on, and view the Constitution as an unnecessary noose around the federal government's neck.

The American population is actually coming out in large against the current spending policies of politicians. People who despise our country had taken the reigns, and it is showing. When you want a country destroyed for what it was, of course your policies will reflect that.
__________________
Unity - Playing Conquer on Peace mode.

You know me as Fletch, the Pro Lvl 3 Touchpad FBer from Unity.

My fastblade is red for Danger
BuddhaIncarnate is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-10-2012, 20:19   #63
Deathclaw
Soon™
 
Deathclaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Germany
Posts: 10,127
Deathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heyga4Huk View Post
That's a really nice graph. However Norway had a 13% annual SURPLUS really? Trololol.. what is this magic.

With Greece the degree of unsustainability is different, but the fact remains. It was running at about 5% deficit before the crisis hit. USA was running at 3% deficit. Actually that's true, Greece would get ****ed eventually, crisis or no crisis, but USA spiraled out of control only after 2009. The degrees of optimism are different.

By the way what does the last column in your graph mean?
Uhm norway is sitting on ****load of oil and therefore its one of the richest countries of the EU. Its no magic but simple demand...

Greece was running at a average of -5.9% before 2009. Im pretty sure that this was the highest deficit of all euro countries until then. Every other countries had way less debts before the crysis, even the critical countries like ireland or now spain.
We had -1.9% average deficits before the crysis btw. Therefore i wonder why you claim the fact still remains that greece didnt do any extraordinary, although the numbers clearly show that they had a way higher deficits than any other euro country before the crysis?
__________________
Quote:
There are only two hard problems in Computer Science: cache invalidation and naming things
Quote:
Let the hate flow through you.
Computer Scientist

Last edited by Deathclaw; 06-10-2012 at 20:21.
Deathclaw is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-10-2012, 21:02   #64
Heyga4Huk
noble ftw
 
Heyga4Huk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 7,920
Heyga4Huk has a reputation beyond reputeHeyga4Huk has a reputation beyond reputeHeyga4Huk has a reputation beyond reputeHeyga4Huk has a reputation beyond reputeHeyga4Huk has a reputation beyond reputeHeyga4Huk has a reputation beyond reputeHeyga4Huk has a reputation beyond reputeHeyga4Huk has a reputation beyond reputeHeyga4Huk has a reputation beyond reputeHeyga4Huk has a reputation beyond reputeHeyga4Huk has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks Wayne.

Buddha it is hard to believe your fairy tale argument even with the powerful rhetoric that you use. It can be nullified by saying the name - Abraham Lincoln.
__________________
130 water - 130 warrior - 130 trojan on Liberty.

First wat-war-tro on Unicorn.
130 wat-130 war-130 tro on Unicorn.

This is Bulgaria.
Heyga4Huk is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-10-2012, 21:07   #65
Heyga4Huk
noble ftw
 
Heyga4Huk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 7,920
Heyga4Huk has a reputation beyond reputeHeyga4Huk has a reputation beyond reputeHeyga4Huk has a reputation beyond reputeHeyga4Huk has a reputation beyond reputeHeyga4Huk has a reputation beyond reputeHeyga4Huk has a reputation beyond reputeHeyga4Huk has a reputation beyond reputeHeyga4Huk has a reputation beyond reputeHeyga4Huk has a reputation beyond reputeHeyga4Huk has a reputation beyond reputeHeyga4Huk has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathclaw View Post
Uhm norway is sitting on ****load of oil and therefore its one of the richest countries of the EU. Its no magic but simple demand...

Greece was running at a average of -5.9% before 2009. Im pretty sure that this was the highest deficit of all euro countries until then. Every other countries had way less debts before the crysis, even the critical countries like ireland or now spain.
We had -1.9% average deficits before the crysis btw. Therefore i wonder why you claim the fact still remains that greece didnt do any extraordinary, although the numbers clearly show that they had a way higher deficits than any other euro country before the crysis?
Pre-crisis they were not extraordinary. Looking at pre-crisis levels (Summer 2008), their average deficit isn't even the highest.
__________________
130 water - 130 warrior - 130 trojan on Liberty.

First wat-war-tro on Unicorn.
130 wat-130 war-130 tro on Unicorn.

This is Bulgaria.
Heyga4Huk is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-10-2012, 21:35   #66
Deathclaw
Soon™
 
Deathclaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Germany
Posts: 10,127
Deathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heyga4Huk View Post
Pre-crisis they were not extraordinary. Looking at pre-crisis levels (Summer 2008), their average deficit isn't even the highest.
Island is a competly different story and I was talking of the average deficit of 2000-2008 aka average pre-crisis deficit.

Greecy simply had the highest average deficit. Even hungary that lived way above their means had less than greece (-5.1%). This means that greece had a 15% higher deficit than any other euro country before the crisis.

The average deficit of the eurozone was -1.9% before the crysis. So greece had an 210% higher deficit than the average euro country. And you still dare to say that they didnt do anything extraordinary? LOL.
__________________
Quote:
There are only two hard problems in Computer Science: cache invalidation and naming things
Quote:
Let the hate flow through you.
Computer Scientist
Deathclaw is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-10-2012, 22:10   #67
Heyga4Huk
noble ftw
 
Heyga4Huk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 7,920
Heyga4Huk has a reputation beyond reputeHeyga4Huk has a reputation beyond reputeHeyga4Huk has a reputation beyond reputeHeyga4Huk has a reputation beyond reputeHeyga4Huk has a reputation beyond reputeHeyga4Huk has a reputation beyond reputeHeyga4Huk has a reputation beyond reputeHeyga4Huk has a reputation beyond reputeHeyga4Huk has a reputation beyond reputeHeyga4Huk has a reputation beyond reputeHeyga4Huk has a reputation beyond repute
We're getting bogged down in semantics. To understand my definition of being extraordinary, look at that graph. Azerbaidjan (which I relate to Gurcia in this talk) is not extraordinary, it is just the extreme of the trend. Kitai on the other hand is an outlier and as such it is extraordinary.
__________________
130 water - 130 warrior - 130 trojan on Liberty.

First wat-war-tro on Unicorn.
130 wat-130 war-130 tro on Unicorn.

This is Bulgaria.
Heyga4Huk is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-10-2012, 23:18   #68
Deathclaw
Soon™
 
Deathclaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Germany
Posts: 10,127
Deathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heyga4Huk View Post
We're getting bogged down in semantics. To understand my definition of being extraordinary, look at that graph. Azerbaidjan (which I relate to Gurcia in this talk) is not extraordinary, it is just the extreme of the trend. Kitai on the other hand is an outlier and as such it is extraordinary.
More than double of the highest deficit of any other euro country would be extraordinary for you?
You could also call it impossible. The penalty alone would drive them out of the euro. The EU would force them to pay the max penalty of 0.5% of the gdp every year, which would be around 1 Billion € every year. Beside that that would be around 40-60 Billion € debts every year. This means that they increase their debts by about 13-20% every year. Im pretty sure that the head of the state would be dead before the end of the week if a government ever decides to do that, therefore not gonna happen.

Extraordinary is an extreme but realistic value in my book...
__________________
Quote:
There are only two hard problems in Computer Science: cache invalidation and naming things
Quote:
Let the hate flow through you.
Computer Scientist
Deathclaw is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-10-2012, 23:32   #69
Heyga4Huk
noble ftw
 
Heyga4Huk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 7,920
Heyga4Huk has a reputation beyond reputeHeyga4Huk has a reputation beyond reputeHeyga4Huk has a reputation beyond reputeHeyga4Huk has a reputation beyond reputeHeyga4Huk has a reputation beyond reputeHeyga4Huk has a reputation beyond reputeHeyga4Huk has a reputation beyond reputeHeyga4Huk has a reputation beyond reputeHeyga4Huk has a reputation beyond reputeHeyga4Huk has a reputation beyond reputeHeyga4Huk has a reputation beyond repute
Well yeah, Greece they are already bankrupt as they will not pay the full principal + interest on their debt. I think I've said my position before and it is that the Eurozone is trying to make the bankruptcy as smooth process as possible so that the Eurozone itself will not suffer the same fate. It's bad for the kids and young adults of Greece though because they are not responsible for this whole crisis but their lives are affected the most.. just like Spain's.

You know that curse- may you live in interesting times.

Also good morning, lol.
__________________
130 water - 130 warrior - 130 trojan on Liberty.

First wat-war-tro on Unicorn.
130 wat-130 war-130 tro on Unicorn.

This is Bulgaria.
Heyga4Huk is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-11-2012, 08:37   #70
bahana
Spamomod
 
bahana's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 8,190
bahana has a reputation beyond reputebahana has a reputation beyond reputebahana has a reputation beyond reputebahana has a reputation beyond reputebahana has a reputation beyond reputebahana has a reputation beyond reputebahana has a reputation beyond reputebahana has a reputation beyond reputebahana has a reputation beyond reputebahana has a reputation beyond reputebahana has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuddhaIncarnate View Post
People who despise our country had taken the reigns, and it is showing.
I always find it interesting when people say that.
No the people that have the reigns do not hate our country, they may things differently than you but they still love America.

I am slightly democratic and will probably vote for Obama (not entirely sure yet) does this mean I hate the USA?
__________________
Bahana!

To see with eyes unclouded by hate.

I'm a guy


Quote:
Forgive my rudeness. I cannot abide useless people.
bahana is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-13-2012, 06:44   #71
Heyga4Huk
noble ftw
 
Heyga4Huk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 7,920
Heyga4Huk has a reputation beyond reputeHeyga4Huk has a reputation beyond reputeHeyga4Huk has a reputation beyond reputeHeyga4Huk has a reputation beyond reputeHeyga4Huk has a reputation beyond reputeHeyga4Huk has a reputation beyond reputeHeyga4Huk has a reputation beyond reputeHeyga4Huk has a reputation beyond reputeHeyga4Huk has a reputation beyond reputeHeyga4Huk has a reputation beyond reputeHeyga4Huk has a reputation beyond repute
Another Greek panic as people withdraw about a billion Euro a day these days.
http://uk.reuters.com/article/2012/06/13/uk-greece-banks-idUKBRE85C0HT20120613
__________________
130 water - 130 warrior - 130 trojan on Liberty.

First wat-war-tro on Unicorn.
130 wat-130 war-130 tro on Unicorn.

This is Bulgaria.
Heyga4Huk is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-13-2012, 16:45   #72
Promethean
Registered User
 
Promethean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Argleton, England
Posts: 3,926
Promethean has a reputation beyond reputePromethean has a reputation beyond reputePromethean has a reputation beyond reputePromethean has a reputation beyond reputePromethean has a reputation beyond reputePromethean has a reputation beyond reputePromethean has a reputation beyond reputePromethean has a reputation beyond reputePromethean has a reputation beyond reputePromethean has a reputation beyond reputePromethean has a reputation beyond repute
Have been too busy at work to monitor this thread but hope to have some time on the weekend to respond properly. Tend to agree more with the Deathclaw on this one, also I'm not sure you should consider Summer 08 as being pre-crises. It may well pre-date the Euro-zone crises as we know it now, but it certainly doesn't pre-date Lehman.

Google Goldman's involvement in the Greek deficit cover-up, it's awesome. (Basically massive synthetic derivative to remove debt from government balance sheet).
__________________
Retired on Storm server.
Promethean is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-14-2012, 05:25   #73
CornFlakes:o
Désolé
 
CornFlakes:o's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Dreamland
Posts: 4,924
CornFlakes:o has a reputation beyond reputeCornFlakes:o has a reputation beyond reputeCornFlakes:o has a reputation beyond reputeCornFlakes:o has a reputation beyond reputeCornFlakes:o has a reputation beyond reputeCornFlakes:o has a reputation beyond reputeCornFlakes:o has a reputation beyond reputeCornFlakes:o has a reputation beyond reputeCornFlakes:o has a reputation beyond reputeCornFlakes:o has a reputation beyond reputeCornFlakes:o has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heyga4Huk View Post
We're getting bogged down in semantics. To understand my definition of being extraordinary, look at that graph. Azerbaidjan (which I relate to Gurcia in this talk) is not extraordinary, it is just the extreme of the trend. Kitai on the other hand is an outlier and as such it is extraordinary.
That graph isn't even valid because you can never truly measure "mean of percent happy and percent satisfied with life as a whole" that is simply subjective. Everyone has different viewpoints on what they consider a "happy and satisified" life. You're comparing apples to oranges GAAAAAAAH
__________________
A man with pleasure does not mind his chains
His desires fulfilled, he walks gladly through Hell.
Am I so different from you?
CornFlakes:o is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-14-2012, 09:21   #74
BuddhaIncarnate
New Buddha
 
BuddhaIncarnate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: One with the Universe
Posts: 6,133
BuddhaIncarnate has a reputation beyond reputeBuddhaIncarnate has a reputation beyond reputeBuddhaIncarnate has a reputation beyond reputeBuddhaIncarnate has a reputation beyond reputeBuddhaIncarnate has a reputation beyond reputeBuddhaIncarnate has a reputation beyond reputeBuddhaIncarnate has a reputation beyond reputeBuddhaIncarnate has a reputation beyond reputeBuddhaIncarnate has a reputation beyond reputeBuddhaIncarnate has a reputation beyond reputeBuddhaIncarnate has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heyga4Huk View Post
Thanks Wayne.

Buddha it is hard to believe your fairy tale argument even with the powerful rhetoric that you use. It can be nullified by saying the name - Abraham Lincoln.
Did you choose him simply because of his presidency during the Civil War? If so, terrible choice of example to support your argument. The actions he took during and following the Civil War saved our country, despite many from both the North and South who wanted to destroy it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bahana View Post
I always find it interesting when people say that.
No the people that have the reigns do not hate our country, they may things differently than you but they still love America.

I am slightly democratic and will probably vote for Obama (not entirely sure yet) does this mean I hate the USA?
Obama has said many times that America has never worked. He doesn't believe in what made America great. His ideas are being rejected because they aren't what the American people as a majority believe in.

Proposing and passing unconstitutional laws that the people reject in mass, suing states over political differences of opinion, trying to completely destroy the economy in the Gulf through government imposed shutdowns despite court orders to stop, and I don't even have to bring the debt issues into this argument.

You have every right as an American to vote or not vote for whoever you choose, and I won't hate you over it. My roommate voted for Obama in 2008, and we've never had a cross word between us. I live my life the way I believe, and allow others the courtesy to do the same. The problem is, there are people in government who believe it is their job to tell me how to live my life.

One last random point before I disappear for a while again...

Benjamin Franklin said that when the people realize they can vote themselves the government coffers, this will herald the end of democracy. Obama has almost tipped the scales to a majority of voters receiving from the government, rather than giving.
__________________
Unity - Playing Conquer on Peace mode.

You know me as Fletch, the Pro Lvl 3 Touchpad FBer from Unity.

My fastblade is red for Danger
BuddhaIncarnate is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-14-2012, 09:53   #75
Heyga4Huk
noble ftw
 
Heyga4Huk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 7,920
Heyga4Huk has a reputation beyond reputeHeyga4Huk has a reputation beyond reputeHeyga4Huk has a reputation beyond reputeHeyga4Huk has a reputation beyond reputeHeyga4Huk has a reputation beyond reputeHeyga4Huk has a reputation beyond reputeHeyga4Huk has a reputation beyond reputeHeyga4Huk has a reputation beyond reputeHeyga4Huk has a reputation beyond reputeHeyga4Huk has a reputation beyond reputeHeyga4Huk has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuddhaIncarnate View Post
Did you choose him simply because of his presidency during the Civil War? If so, terrible choice of example to support your argument. The actions he took during and following the Civil War saved our country, despite many from both the North and South who wanted to destroy it.



Obama has said many times that America has never worked. He doesn't believe in what made America great. His ideas are being rejected because they aren't what the American people as a majority believe in.

Proposing and passing unconstitutional laws that the people reject in mass, suing states over political differences of opinion, trying to completely destroy the economy in the Gulf through government imposed shutdowns despite court orders to stop, and I don't even have to bring the debt issues into this argument.

You have every right as an American to vote or not vote for whoever you choose, and I won't hate you over it. My roommate voted for Obama in 2008, and we've never had a cross word between us. I live my life the way I believe, and allow others the courtesy to do the same. The problem is, there are people in government who believe it is their job to tell me how to live my life.

One last random point before I disappear for a while again...

Benjamin Franklin said that when the people realize they can vote themselves the government coffers, this will herald the end of democracy. Obama has almost tipped the scales to a majority of voters receiving from the government, rather than giving.
And yet he violated the Constitution. By your logic he didn't save but destroyed your country.
__________________
130 water - 130 warrior - 130 trojan on Liberty.

First wat-war-tro on Unicorn.
130 wat-130 war-130 tro on Unicorn.

This is Bulgaria.
Heyga4Huk is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:02.