Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-21-2009, 18:03   #1
Alendrin
Violated!
 
Alendrin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: the itch in your crotch..thats me!
Posts: 528
Alendrin has a reputation beyond reputeAlendrin has a reputation beyond reputeAlendrin has a reputation beyond reputeAlendrin has a reputation beyond reputeAlendrin has a reputation beyond reputeAlendrin has a reputation beyond reputeAlendrin has a reputation beyond reputeAlendrin has a reputation beyond reputeAlendrin has a reputation beyond reputeAlendrin has a reputation beyond reputeAlendrin has a reputation beyond repute
State age before posting!

The reason i say state age is because we will have varying degrees of differences and i think age will play a part in this discussion.

the question broadly covers online gaming....

Do you think online gaming is basically pulling young people away from social interaction?

(this is a broad question)
__________________
Life Happens while your making other Plans!


Light

Fire 130 / warrior 130 / Fire ?


Take a bow to the world that you thought you lived in!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UG8xuhj_dEM
Alendrin is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-21-2009, 18:15   #2
Tec-v.2
TheKING
 
Tec-v.2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Stillwater, Oklahoma
Posts: 8,393
Tec-v.2 has a reputation beyond reputeTec-v.2 has a reputation beyond reputeTec-v.2 has a reputation beyond reputeTec-v.2 has a reputation beyond reputeTec-v.2 has a reputation beyond reputeTec-v.2 has a reputation beyond reputeTec-v.2 has a reputation beyond reputeTec-v.2 has a reputation beyond reputeTec-v.2 has a reputation beyond reputeTec-v.2 has a reputation beyond reputeTec-v.2 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Tec-v.2
To say it pulls young people away from social interaction is to say that social interaction is defined as face to face- physical- contact.

Which it, of course, is not confined to and therefore your question- which we know you say yes to, because well, why would you ask it?- is wrong.


Edit: oh yes, Im 17 by the way.
__________________
They call me KING, you can too.
***9608;***9608;***9608;***9608;***9608;***9608;***9608;***9608;***9608;***9608;***9608;***9608;***9608;***9608;***9608;
***9608;***9608;***9608;***9608;***9608;***9608;***9608;***9608;***9608;***9608;***9608;***9608;***9608;***9608;***9608;
***9608;***9608;***9608;***9608;***9608;***9608;***9608;***9608;***9608;***9608;***9608;***9608;***9608;***9608;***9608;

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fa1nT View Post
If they have a problem with the word soccer, why don't they invade us and force us to call it football? Oh... right
Quote:
Originally Posted by G0rgasm View Post
WOuldn't it be kool if USA and England could be on the same world cup team? We cold even use French as subs.
Tec-v.2 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-21-2009, 18:52   #3
Provocative
Lost
 
Provocative's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: South Dakota
Posts: 2,097
Provocative has a reputation beyond reputeProvocative has a reputation beyond reputeProvocative has a reputation beyond reputeProvocative has a reputation beyond reputeProvocative has a reputation beyond reputeProvocative has a reputation beyond reputeProvocative has a reputation beyond reputeProvocative has a reputation beyond reputeProvocative has a reputation beyond reputeProvocative has a reputation beyond reputeProvocative has a reputation beyond repute
I'm 15.

And I don't think that online gaming is stealing the social lives of young kids because often the kids will meet new people, just like in real life. I know I have, and I'm sure everyone else in this forum has as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tec-v.2 View Post
To say it pulls young people away from social interaction is to say that social interaction is defined as face to face- physical- contact.

Which it, of course, is not confined to and therefore your question- which we know you say yes to, because well, why would you ask it?- is wrong.
Or, this ^.
__________________
Eric Imagine
- Order from Chaos -

PSN: Lightburb

Quote:
Originally Posted by OptimaL View Post
probably would've worked out if you didn't blow your load every time she flashed you her ankles from underneath that huge fatty burka.
Provocative is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-21-2009, 19:18   #4
Alendrin
Violated!
 
Alendrin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: the itch in your crotch..thats me!
Posts: 528
Alendrin has a reputation beyond reputeAlendrin has a reputation beyond reputeAlendrin has a reputation beyond reputeAlendrin has a reputation beyond reputeAlendrin has a reputation beyond reputeAlendrin has a reputation beyond reputeAlendrin has a reputation beyond reputeAlendrin has a reputation beyond reputeAlendrin has a reputation beyond reputeAlendrin has a reputation beyond reputeAlendrin has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tec-v.2 View Post
To say it pulls young people away from social interaction is to say that social interaction is defined as face to face- physical- contact.

Which it, of course, is not confined to and therefore your question- which we know you say yes to, because well, why would you ask it?- is wrong.


Edit: oh yes, Im 17 by the way.
...you guys are both young...you grew up with this ****...infact you aren't really adults in terms of the law

I spent more time out the house as a teenager than i did in it...i even had a c64 and atari st.....my friends loved playin games but all around we would rather be outside...computer games were for rainy days...nowadays kids are infected by bebo,facebook bla bla bla...if your a lucky one that is someone that uses the comp only to fill in time between activities then good...but i get the feeling most teenagers wouldn't know what to do without the internet...or dvds etc...COULD YOU SURVIVE WITHOUT YOUR PHONE OR THE INTERWEBBY?



Quote:
Originally Posted by Provocative View Post
I'm 15.

And I don't think that online gaming is stealing the social lives of young kids because often the kids will meet new people, just like in real life. I know I have, and I'm sure everyone else in this forum has as well.


r, this ^.

You don't know these people...i can type anything and be who i want to be online...as do most...creating a false projection of themselves to others to gain recogonition....paedos or kiddie fiddlers work that way...all i'm saying is turn the comp off...and go hang out...cause the bulkers i know in this game are on it 24/7...and mostly there students...using grants to pay for bulks...or the lonely husband in a good paying job that has no friends left
__________________
Life Happens while your making other Plans!


Light

Fire 130 / warrior 130 / Fire ?


Take a bow to the world that you thought you lived in!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UG8xuhj_dEM

Last edited by Alendrin; 08-21-2009 at 19:23.
Alendrin is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-21-2009, 19:33   #5
Morteh
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: England
Posts: 6,190
Morteh has a reputation beyond reputeMorteh has a reputation beyond reputeMorteh has a reputation beyond reputeMorteh has a reputation beyond reputeMorteh has a reputation beyond reputeMorteh has a reputation beyond reputeMorteh has a reputation beyond reputeMorteh has a reputation beyond reputeMorteh has a reputation beyond reputeMorteh has a reputation beyond reputeMorteh has a reputation beyond repute
I talk to my friends online. How is that not a social life?
Morteh is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-21-2009, 19:37   #6
~Riceballs~
Breh
 
~Riceballs~'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: North Carolina.
Posts: 470
~Riceballs~ has a reputation beyond repute~Riceballs~ has a reputation beyond repute~Riceballs~ has a reputation beyond repute~Riceballs~ has a reputation beyond repute~Riceballs~ has a reputation beyond repute~Riceballs~ has a reputation beyond repute~Riceballs~ has a reputation beyond repute~Riceballs~ has a reputation beyond repute~Riceballs~ has a reputation beyond repute~Riceballs~ has a reputation beyond repute~Riceballs~ has a reputation beyond repute
15.


Yes, definitely yes.You may meet new people online but online and face to face are totally different you might be able to talk to somebody online easily but if you dont have much experience with face to face, where eye contact and physical action is needed then you wont exactly be the guy with lots of confidence and wont know what to do in certain situations.And in some situations there will be people who will stop trying to make rl friends because they think there online friends are enough.
__________________


Hit me up on Xbox live gamertag:gamewizard108

Last edited by ~Riceballs~; 08-21-2009 at 19:44.
~Riceballs~ is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-21-2009, 20:03   #7
Tec-v.2
TheKING
 
Tec-v.2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Stillwater, Oklahoma
Posts: 8,393
Tec-v.2 has a reputation beyond reputeTec-v.2 has a reputation beyond reputeTec-v.2 has a reputation beyond reputeTec-v.2 has a reputation beyond reputeTec-v.2 has a reputation beyond reputeTec-v.2 has a reputation beyond reputeTec-v.2 has a reputation beyond reputeTec-v.2 has a reputation beyond reputeTec-v.2 has a reputation beyond reputeTec-v.2 has a reputation beyond reputeTec-v.2 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Tec-v.2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alendrin View Post
...you guys are both young...you grew up with this ****...infact you aren't really adults in terms of the law
I'll be honest, I read that and knew your intelligence level. You sir/ma'am are dumb as bricks and further more will not see me making a constructive discussion in this thread.

I bid you g'day, and hope your ignorance really is bliss.
__________________
They call me KING, you can too.
***9608;***9608;***9608;***9608;***9608;***9608;***9608;***9608;***9608;***9608;***9608;***9608;***9608;***9608;***9608;
***9608;***9608;***9608;***9608;***9608;***9608;***9608;***9608;***9608;***9608;***9608;***9608;***9608;***9608;***9608;
***9608;***9608;***9608;***9608;***9608;***9608;***9608;***9608;***9608;***9608;***9608;***9608;***9608;***9608;***9608;

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fa1nT View Post
If they have a problem with the word soccer, why don't they invade us and force us to call it football? Oh... right
Quote:
Originally Posted by G0rgasm View Post
WOuldn't it be kool if USA and England could be on the same world cup team? We cold even use French as subs.
Tec-v.2 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-21-2009, 20:04   #8
jackoffthebox
Banned
 
jackoffthebox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Basements.
Posts: 8,200
jackoffthebox has a reputation beyond reputejackoffthebox has a reputation beyond reputejackoffthebox has a reputation beyond reputejackoffthebox has a reputation beyond reputejackoffthebox has a reputation beyond reputejackoffthebox has a reputation beyond reputejackoffthebox has a reputation beyond reputejackoffthebox has a reputation beyond reputejackoffthebox has a reputation beyond reputejackoffthebox has a reputation beyond reputejackoffthebox has a reputation beyond repute
I r 18 menz

Social maybe but not interaction. I've met some cool people on the web of inter.
My friends in r/l and me always talk to friends from Europe on vent.
jackoffthebox is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-21-2009, 20:24   #9
Sepharius
Nuisance
 
Sepharius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: TQ Prison
Posts: 6,362
Sepharius has a reputation beyond reputeSepharius has a reputation beyond reputeSepharius has a reputation beyond reputeSepharius has a reputation beyond reputeSepharius has a reputation beyond reputeSepharius has a reputation beyond reputeSepharius has a reputation beyond reputeSepharius has a reputation beyond reputeSepharius has a reputation beyond reputeSepharius has a reputation beyond reputeSepharius has a reputation beyond repute
18

I knew a 70 year old with a PS3 and COD5.
__________________
Child of OT.
Sepharius is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-21-2009, 20:26   #10
jackoffthebox
Banned
 
jackoffthebox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Basements.
Posts: 8,200
jackoffthebox has a reputation beyond reputejackoffthebox has a reputation beyond reputejackoffthebox has a reputation beyond reputejackoffthebox has a reputation beyond reputejackoffthebox has a reputation beyond reputejackoffthebox has a reputation beyond reputejackoffthebox has a reputation beyond reputejackoffthebox has a reputation beyond reputejackoffthebox has a reputation beyond reputejackoffthebox has a reputation beyond reputejackoffthebox has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sepharius View Post
18

I knew a 70 year old with a PS3 and COD5.
5 is WaW right o.o
Never heard it called 5.
jackoffthebox is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-21-2009, 21:52   #11
Devzzz
Guillotine
 
Devzzz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: NY (Approx. 1 hr from Canada if the shit ever hits the fan).
Posts: 5,650
Devzzz has a reputation beyond reputeDevzzz has a reputation beyond reputeDevzzz has a reputation beyond reputeDevzzz has a reputation beyond reputeDevzzz has a reputation beyond reputeDevzzz has a reputation beyond reputeDevzzz has a reputation beyond reputeDevzzz has a reputation beyond reputeDevzzz has a reputation beyond reputeDevzzz has a reputation beyond reputeDevzzz has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackoffthebox View Post
5 is WaW right o.o
Never heard it called 5.
Yeh.

I'm 14.

I feel like the Internet has made me a stronger person, probably because I'm not a preening ***got. I've made a lot of friends on the internet and I've learned a lot from them. I know people all over the world which is way cooler than meeting people who go to a school 20 minutes away,etc.

Where I live there is nothing to do. Most of the time I can't do anything. I do feel however that some people don't use the internet correctly. Playing on the internet with IRL friends is cool but I mean they don't meet other people and they just waste away instead of hanging around.

In real life, I get As, I'm physically active ( Runner, Eight pack niggr), I date girls, I'm sexy, I try and be as social as possible when given the opportunity. This internet has made me a more open and accepting person. I'm not one of those kids who will talk **** about someone behind their back, If I have a problem with someone I'll talk to them but I resolve things in non-hostile manners.

For those who aren't the OP, DEVZZZ IS LIEK FTW.
__________________

I like to high five myself in the mirror, because I think I'm awesome.
Devzzz is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-21-2009, 22:08   #12
Chalkie
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: JOAHN WHAY U BRAKE BOOT!
Posts: 1,362
Chalkie has a reputation beyond reputeChalkie has a reputation beyond reputeChalkie has a reputation beyond reputeChalkie has a reputation beyond reputeChalkie has a reputation beyond reputeChalkie has a reputation beyond reputeChalkie has a reputation beyond reputeChalkie has a reputation beyond reputeChalkie has a reputation beyond reputeChalkie has a reputation beyond reputeChalkie has a reputation beyond repute
man sum men *** my madda 18 yr go make me hhhhhhhh
Chalkie is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-21-2009, 22:18   #13
jackoffthebox
Banned
 
jackoffthebox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Basements.
Posts: 8,200
jackoffthebox has a reputation beyond reputejackoffthebox has a reputation beyond reputejackoffthebox has a reputation beyond reputejackoffthebox has a reputation beyond reputejackoffthebox has a reputation beyond reputejackoffthebox has a reputation beyond reputejackoffthebox has a reputation beyond reputejackoffthebox has a reputation beyond reputejackoffthebox has a reputation beyond reputejackoffthebox has a reputation beyond reputejackoffthebox has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chalkie View Post
man sum men *** my madda 18 yr go make me hhhhhhhh
That supposed to be funny?
jackoffthebox is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-22-2009, 02:07   #14
Chalkie
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: JOAHN WHAY U BRAKE BOOT!
Posts: 1,362
Chalkie has a reputation beyond reputeChalkie has a reputation beyond reputeChalkie has a reputation beyond reputeChalkie has a reputation beyond reputeChalkie has a reputation beyond reputeChalkie has a reputation beyond reputeChalkie has a reputation beyond reputeChalkie has a reputation beyond reputeChalkie has a reputation beyond reputeChalkie has a reputation beyond reputeChalkie has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackoffthebox View Post
I r 18 menz
^^ that suppose to be funy as well?
Chalkie is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-22-2009, 02:40   #15
DETONATOAREA
Female
 
DETONATOAREA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Romania
Posts: 31,162
DETONATOAREA has a reputation beyond reputeDETONATOAREA has a reputation beyond reputeDETONATOAREA has a reputation beyond reputeDETONATOAREA has a reputation beyond reputeDETONATOAREA has a reputation beyond reputeDETONATOAREA has a reputation beyond reputeDETONATOAREA has a reputation beyond reputeDETONATOAREA has a reputation beyond reputeDETONATOAREA has a reputation beyond reputeDETONATOAREA has a reputation beyond reputeDETONATOAREA has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alendrin View Post
The reason i say state age is because we will have varying degrees of differences and i think age will play a part in this discussion.

the question broadly covers online gaming....

Do you think online gaming is basically pulling young people away from social interaction?

(this is a broad question)
I'm 19.
The reason i'm using online gaming is to study people's behavior and make friends, same time study if they are or are not real friends.
Even in real life, i'm not quite the active social person. I tend to observe people first, then talk if they seem to share common ideas. If not there's absolutely no reason for me to talk to them as the result is always:
People telling me about the differences between me and them, they talk about stuff like hi5, yahoo, facebook, their newest boyfriend / girlfriend etc... **** i don't care about.
Besides being on the internet or studying i have nothing else to do (and watching a movie is almost the same as being on the internet) so the only other activity i do is sleep. The best thing about sleeping is that in my dreams i have something else to do, something no one can see in real life, something that involves breaking the laws of physics. It's like a 3rd life for me in there.
__________________
Leader of OT Ninja Squad
A deal's a deal.
~Uriel~ water 119 (visited botjail, now free).
Sapphire/Emerald: Silver-Hawk arch-war-arch 130-130-132 (INACTIVE)
Arkoto tro-war-nin 130-130-128 (INACTIVE)
Thanks to Loviatar for the dragon avatar.
My novel on deviant art:
Alien Ride
DETONATOAREA is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:25.