Old 08-03-2009, 12:37   #1
Shocker!!.!
justrelax

Shocker!!.! is on a distinguished road
Unstable and low fps with XP pro sp3

P4 3.2 Ghz single cpu, nvidia 9800 gt 512 gpu, 2500mb 400mhz ram, no virus's, direct x 9 updated, all drivers good to go. Yes my comp sux.. still way more than this game requires. Also have cable modem and creative audio system (probably not applicable). Another thing.. my friends crappy old laptop has better fps than my desktop Another thing.. i have also recently reformatted and reinstalled windows XP not that either

Fps max is 31, very unstable with alot of activity drops to 5 even more unstable. I have tried trip buffering and various other settings with my gpu... why the hell is this old game not running at capped 40 fps?? I kno alot of ppl with this problem.. if it could be fixed would not just help me but others as well.

*Edit* Yes I know ive spent more money on this game then my computer x5, so don't tell me to get a new comp :P
+7 Nightmare Steed
+7 2soc Sup gem Talisman
+12 2sdg 120 -7 MagicCoronet
+8 2sdg 130 -7 TornadoNecky
+12 2sdg 127 -7 VolcanoRing
+12 2sdg 130 -7 BuriedBlade (fixed prof)
+8 2sdg 120 -7 ConquestArmor
+12 2sdg 130 -7 KingSword
+7 2sdg 129 -7 BlizzardBoots
+8 2sdg 130 -7 KingsClub

Last edited by Shocker!!.!; 08-03-2009 at 12:49.
Shocker!!.! is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-03-2009, 13:39   #2
Conondrum
Fading..

Conondrum has a reputation beyond reputeConondrum has a reputation beyond reputeConondrum has a reputation beyond reputeConondrum has a reputation beyond reputeConondrum has a reputation beyond reputeConondrum has a reputation beyond reputeConondrum has a reputation beyond reputeConondrum has a reputation beyond reputeConondrum has a reputation beyond reputeConondrum has a reputation beyond reputeConondrum has a reputation beyond repute
Buy a new comp.. Sry couldn't resist

All drivers you say?
Does that include motherboard drivers? Without them gfx drivers won't work properly and will result in low fps when loaded with too much.
You could also try to adjust the 3D settings, lowering or disabling AA and AF may sometimes work even though the game doesn't make much use of it.
Conondrum is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-04-2009, 09:05   #3
namco

namco has a reputation beyond reputenamco has a reputation beyond reputenamco has a reputation beyond reputenamco has a reputation beyond reputenamco has a reputation beyond reputenamco has a reputation beyond reputenamco has a reputation beyond reputenamco has a reputation beyond reputenamco has a reputation beyond reputenamco has a reputation beyond reputenamco has a reputation beyond repute
is it just CO doing it ? have you tried any other games to see what your FPS is ? i ask this cause maybe something is unstable in your PC .. like CPU or ram or even the video card. just something to look at.

Another lose cannon gone bi-polar
Slipped down, couldn't get much lower.
Quicksand's got no sense of humor.
I'm still laughing like hell.
You think that by crying to me
Looking so sorry that I'm gonna believe,
You've been infected by a social disease.
Well, then take your medicine.
namco is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-04-2009, 09:56   #4
eeyore

eeyore has a reputation beyond reputeeeyore has a reputation beyond reputeeeyore has a reputation beyond reputeeeyore has a reputation beyond reputeeeyore has a reputation beyond reputeeeyore has a reputation beyond reputeeeyore has a reputation beyond reputeeeyore has a reputation beyond reputeeeyore has a reputation beyond reputeeeyore has a reputation beyond reputeeeyore has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Conondrum View Post
Buy a new comp.. Sry couldn't resist

All drivers you say?
Does that include motherboard drivers? Without them gfx drivers won't work properly and will result in low fps when loaded with too much.
You could also try to adjust the 3D settings, lowering or disabling AA and AF may sometimes work even though the game doesn't make much use of it.
That's what I was thinking too. I had the same issue with the drivers provided by my motherboard manufacturer so I had to get some 3 in one driver package for the VIA chipset

If you spend your day worrying about tomorrow, you'll miss the joys that could have been today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Sonne*
oh Loosh, I love stroking your...keyboard. It feels so great
Join the lawsuit against TQ for illegal banning of characters!
eeyore is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: