Old 07-22-2008, 04:44   #1
Fannon
Hippie killer

Fannon has a reputation beyond reputeFannon has a reputation beyond reputeFannon has a reputation beyond reputeFannon has a reputation beyond reputeFannon has a reputation beyond reputeFannon has a reputation beyond reputeFannon has a reputation beyond reputeFannon has a reputation beyond reputeFannon has a reputation beyond reputeFannon has a reputation beyond reputeFannon has a reputation beyond repute
Trojan lab leveling.

I recently started to level up my old trojan again, and came to the point where i started leveling in lab.

now i just turned 103 yesterday, killing both goldghosts and slingers, collecting skytokens and sundiamonds meanwhile.

the one thing i noticed is that goldghosts seemed to avoid my hits more often than slingers, and thats even though according to CO homepage it says slingers have highest dodge of them.

slingers are good exp, but as they are rednamed, its not max exp.

before writing the question, i'll just tell my gears.
Elite+3 lvl 97 coronet
unique+2 necklace
unique heavyring lvl 103 (upgraded after last lab trip)
Elite+3 lvl 100 armor
elite+3 club lvl 100 (mainhand) and elite+2 club lvl 100 (offhand)
unique boots lvl 100

as for the question: would i be better off going to lab2 and kill bladelings, or should i kill goldghosts or should i stick to slingers. if its either ghosts or slingers, at what lvl should i start in lab2?

i'd also like to hear any upgrade suggestions, take into consideration though that i do not intend to paypal.
Old 07-22-2008, 06:07   #2
TehLuzr
Uber Nubr

TehLuzr has a reputation beyond reputeTehLuzr has a reputation beyond reputeTehLuzr has a reputation beyond reputeTehLuzr has a reputation beyond reputeTehLuzr has a reputation beyond reputeTehLuzr has a reputation beyond reputeTehLuzr has a reputation beyond reputeTehLuzr has a reputation beyond reputeTehLuzr has a reputation beyond reputeTehLuzr has a reputation beyond reputeTehLuzr has a reputation beyond repute
If you have a week to kill I'd recommend that you scoop up an elite 2 socket whip and go get your prof up. You can get one fairly cheap, as most people don't use them.

Learn roamer and level it up as well. Use the whip in the off hand along with your club. It will boost your minimum damage and also increase your dex to where, with your dex ring, you'll rarely have a problem killing the mobs.

I didn't notice any difference in rage activation when I made this switch...I'm sure it did lower, but it wasn't noticable. Roamer's 180 degree arc is ok too.

Only problem with the combo is, of course, you'll lose herc. If pkers are a problem in lab on your server, it's probably best to stick with what you have now, or add a sword if you can afford one or borrow one from a friend. The dex increase from the sword is comparable to that of a whip.

+2 or 3 the whip and you'll be fine. Other Tros will laugh at your whip but that's ok,. you'll level faster than any dual club Tro.

I'd also recommend adding some + to your ring, or if you can afford it, get an elite one. Also, if your clubs aren't socketed, I'd seriously look around for at least a uni 2 soc. I'd take a uni 2 soc over an elite no soc any day. Add some refined dragons and +2 or 3 to it and it's every bit as good as what you have now. Most likely you could sell the +2 elite for enough to do most of this, and have a bit left over.

Of course, if they're socketed, just buy a whip and keep the clubs...put the +2 in the warehouse.

BTW, love your Cook Quote.
Guild: EpicFail - Guild Leader
Class: Water-Warrior-Trojan
Level: 132 & 20 pct
Currently Training: Phoenix
Current Skill Level: Seven
Playing Since Dragon Was Named Server 1
Signature Stolen From: SlyrZ

Last edited by TehLuzr; 07-22-2008 at 06:18.
TehLuzr is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-22-2008, 07:13   #3
marginaalste

marginaalste has a reputation beyond reputemarginaalste has a reputation beyond reputemarginaalste has a reputation beyond reputemarginaalste has a reputation beyond reputemarginaalste has a reputation beyond reputemarginaalste has a reputation beyond reputemarginaalste has a reputation beyond reputemarginaalste has a reputation beyond reputemarginaalste has a reputation beyond reputemarginaalste has a reputation beyond reputemarginaalste has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to marginaalste Send a message via Yahoo to marginaalste
Err, don't mean to be rude but going whip is a stupid idea imo. You'll lose every way to fight off any pker and rage > roamer so stick with the 2 clubs.
Best xp would prolly be slingers since they tend to attack you with about 8 at a time and all get caught in your rage when they do. Even when they are white named, you are most likely to get better xp in lab 1 than 2 because of this. if you want, you can check the minimum required def of any lab floor by checking the monster's max damage on the CO homepage.
Just suck it up and stay in lab 1 till 110, then go to lab3.
Old 07-22-2008, 07:25   #4
TehLuzr
Uber Nubr

TehLuzr has a reputation beyond reputeTehLuzr has a reputation beyond reputeTehLuzr has a reputation beyond reputeTehLuzr has a reputation beyond reputeTehLuzr has a reputation beyond reputeTehLuzr has a reputation beyond reputeTehLuzr has a reputation beyond reputeTehLuzr has a reputation beyond reputeTehLuzr has a reputation beyond reputeTehLuzr has a reputation beyond reputeTehLuzr has a reputation beyond repute
If you read my post you'd notice that I said that it was great for LEVELING.

I also said that if PKers were a problem stick to Dual Clubs, or get a Sword or Blade for your off-hand weapon.

Switching out for a whip is not a dumb idea IF the goal is to level and you're not worried about pkers.

I dunno about you but on my server, even though lab pkers are a BIG problem, I have no issues using Club/Whip in lab for the time I'm there.

Lets look at it mathematically:

Trojan is level 103, but we'll use lvl 100 stats for simplicity:

Strength: 155

Nothing else matters in this case.

Now the Gear:

Elite Snake Club, no sockets (because the poster doesn't say they have them). One Club is +3 - Primary Weapon, the other is +2 in the Offhand. Ring is a Uni level 103 Heavy Ring, no + Value.

Calculate minimum damage using the formula:

((473 * 0.5) + 473 + 134 + 201 + 211 + 155) * (1 + (0/100))

Then again for maximum damage:

((1419 * 0.5) + 1419 + 134 + 201 + 211 + 155) * (1 + (0/100))

We discover that the Trojan's base attack is 1411-3154 damage.

Now if you replace the off-hand weapon with an elite +3 2 soc whip with 2 ref dragons (as I suggested):

((550 * 0.5) + 473 + 201 + 201 + 211 + 155) * (1 + (20/100))

and

((826 * 0.5) + 1419 + 201 + 201 + 211 + 155) * (1 + (20/100))

Base attack becomes 1819-3509 damage.

Math doesn't lie bro.

Last edited by TehLuzr; 07-22-2008 at 08:45.
Old 07-22-2008, 08:35   #5
guru-dentsu
║╣i

guru-dentsu has a reputation beyond reputeguru-dentsu has a reputation beyond reputeguru-dentsu has a reputation beyond reputeguru-dentsu has a reputation beyond reputeguru-dentsu has a reputation beyond reputeguru-dentsu has a reputation beyond reputeguru-dentsu has a reputation beyond reputeguru-dentsu has a reputation beyond reputeguru-dentsu has a reputation beyond reputeguru-dentsu has a reputation beyond reputeguru-dentsu has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by TehLuzr View Post
If you read my post you'd notice that I said that it was great for LEVELING.

I also said that if PKers were a problem stick to Dual Clubs, or get a Sword or Blade for your off-hand weapon.

Switching out for a whip is not a dumb idea IF the goal is to level and you're not worried about pkers.

I dunno about you but on my server, even though lab pkers are a BIG problem, I have no issues using Club/Whip in lab for the time I'm there.
i doubt he did hes like 5 he cant read he even has a dora avatar
[Whisper]iBot speaks to nicolesheet: AND A BLACK NAZI JEW
[Whisper]iBot speaks to nicolesheet: >:O

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxx. View Post
Im so cool i dont have a ping

**** YOUR THREAD
guru-dentsu is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-22-2008, 08:39   #6
guru-dentsu
║╣i

guru-dentsu has a reputation beyond reputeguru-dentsu has a reputation beyond reputeguru-dentsu has a reputation beyond reputeguru-dentsu has a reputation beyond reputeguru-dentsu has a reputation beyond reputeguru-dentsu has a reputation beyond reputeguru-dentsu has a reputation beyond reputeguru-dentsu has a reputation beyond reputeguru-dentsu has a reputation beyond reputeguru-dentsu has a reputation beyond reputeguru-dentsu has a reputation beyond repute
also TehLuzr i sent u a pm plz read it
[Whisper]iBot speaks to nicolesheet: AND A BLACK NAZI JEW
[Whisper]iBot speaks to nicolesheet: >:O

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxx. View Post
Im so cool i dont have a ping

**** YOUR THREAD
guru-dentsu is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-22-2008, 14:51   #7
Fannon
Hippie killer

Fannon has a reputation beyond reputeFannon has a reputation beyond reputeFannon has a reputation beyond reputeFannon has a reputation beyond reputeFannon has a reputation beyond reputeFannon has a reputation beyond reputeFannon has a reputation beyond reputeFannon has a reputation beyond reputeFannon has a reputation beyond reputeFannon has a reputation beyond reputeFannon has a reputation beyond repute
well pk'ers im not that afraid of, most tend to not try me on, as they know i have a water->fire lvl 112 with a good deal of dmg and fixed nado. and the part that if i die in lab, i bring it in to revive myself, and hunt down the killer.

for the part of getting a whip... well while a 2 soc whip might be cheaper than a 2 soc club, it is very hard to find such in the market on my server (ive seen elite and super whips, but none with sockets), and unique 2-soc club are pretty high-priced aswell.

as for refined dragon gems, that will have to wait till after 110 promo, as currently there isnt cash for it.

i do have a elite 1-soc blade i could use, but i it has no + yet, and there isnt cash for that either... sadly.

if we take the represented and say that i get the 20kk'ish from promo DB that is the average price on DB's on the server, and that i have a unique+2 lvl 110 normal ring on another character, should i then switch the club+2 with a blade at 110?

for the part of defense needed for every floor i had allready checked that before posting, and would not have suggested bladelings if i didnt know i would take low or minimum dmg from them.

and finally thanks for the comment about my cook quote tehluzr, i just found it very fitting
Old 07-23-2008, 07:00   #8
AlmightyDuck

AlmightyDuck has a reputation beyond reputeAlmightyDuck has a reputation beyond reputeAlmightyDuck has a reputation beyond reputeAlmightyDuck has a reputation beyond reputeAlmightyDuck has a reputation beyond reputeAlmightyDuck has a reputation beyond reputeAlmightyDuck has a reputation beyond reputeAlmightyDuck has a reputation beyond reputeAlmightyDuck has a reputation beyond reputeAlmightyDuck has a reputation beyond reputeAlmightyDuck has a reputation beyond repute
well your a trojan so im not sure but i stayed at slingers untill 110..then bladelings im almost 111 now.
Old 07-23-2008, 07:17   #9
TehLuzr
Uber Nubr

Switching to the attack ring would certainly boost your overall power, but you're going to really have to look for a different offhand weapon then, due to the loss of dex.

If I were you...I'd save my butt off for some better stuff, but in the meantime I'd switch out the dex ring for the attack ring and consider using the blade that you already have until you can find a sword or whip to use.
Old 07-23-2008, 12:30   #10
Fannon
Hippie killer

doesn't sword screw up with rage? i mean with phoenix dropping down it would certainly kill the targeted mob faster, but what of the surrounding, wouldn't it slow down this part?

and as stated i can first switch to the attack ring at 110, as that is the level of it. i mostly use it for my archer lvl 110 (when hunting) and my water-fire when being melee with poleaxe.
Old 07-23-2008, 14:10   #11
salkin2

salkin2 has a reputation beyond reputesalkin2 has a reputation beyond reputesalkin2 has a reputation beyond reputesalkin2 has a reputation beyond reputesalkin2 has a reputation beyond reputesalkin2 has a reputation beyond reputesalkin2 has a reputation beyond reputesalkin2 has a reputation beyond reputesalkin2 has a reputation beyond reputesalkin2 has a reputation beyond reputesalkin2 has a reputation beyond repute
I can hust say stick to lab 1 until lvl 110 then go to lab 4 or Mc coz lab 2 and 3 really stink

I am lvl 104 self and did test out lab 2 today and was no good

No mobs and they got to much defens for me/you

Gear:
Cornet: super +3 lvl 97
Nec: super +4 sdg lvl 97
Ring: super +3 lvl 103
Club: super +5 sdg/sdg lvl 100
Club: super +4 sdg/sdg lvl 80
Blade: Super +3 rrg/rrg lvl 100
Armor: elite +1 lvl 100
Boots: Unq +2

And dura went down alot faster and slower exp

I vote for lab 1
salkin2 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-23-2008, 14:10   #12
salkin2

salkin2 has a reputation beyond reputesalkin2 has a reputation beyond reputesalkin2 has a reputation beyond reputesalkin2 has a reputation beyond reputesalkin2 has a reputation beyond reputesalkin2 has a reputation beyond reputesalkin2 has a reputation beyond reputesalkin2 has a reputation beyond reputesalkin2 has a reputation beyond reputesalkin2 has a reputation beyond reputesalkin2 has a reputation beyond repute
I can hust say stick to lab 1 until lvl 110 then go to lab 4 or Mc coz lab 2 and 3 really stink

I am lvl 104 self and did test out lab 2 today and was no good

No mobs and they got to much defens for me/you

Gear:
Cornet: super +3 lvl 97
Nec: super +4 sdg lvl 97
Ring: super +3 lvl 103
Club: super +5 sdg/sdg lvl 100
Club: super +4 sdg/sdg lvl 80
Blade: Super +3 rrg/rrg lvl 100
Armor: elite +1 lvl 100
Boots: Unq +2

And dura went down alot faster and slower exp

I vote for lab 1
salkin2 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-23-2008, 18:16   #13
TehLuzr
Uber Nubr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fannon View Post
doesn't sword screw up with rage? i mean with phoenix dropping down it would certainly kill the targeted mob faster, but what of the surrounding, wouldn't it slow down this part?

and as stated i can first switch to the attack ring at 110, as that is the level of it. i mostly use it for my archer lvl 110 (when hunting) and my water-fire when being melee with poleaxe.

Yes it will.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: