Old 09-09-2016, 19:49   #1
DonavonWD

DonavonWD is on a distinguished road
Battle Power Explanation

Is there anything on the net where I can find something that shows full, in depth information on Battle Power? I've never fully understood it and would like to read about it. Thanks
DonavonWD is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-09-2016, 19:58   #2
Returning
Retired.

Returning has a reputation beyond reputeReturning has a reputation beyond reputeReturning has a reputation beyond reputeReturning has a reputation beyond reputeReturning has a reputation beyond reputeReturning has a reputation beyond reputeReturning has a reputation beyond reputeReturning has a reputation beyond reputeReturning has a reputation beyond reputeReturning has a reputation beyond reputeReturning has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonavonWD View Post
Is there anything on the net where I can find something that shows full, in depth information on Battle Power? I've never fully understood it and would like to read about it. Thanks
I'm not sure if there's a guide but I could explain it to you if you'd like. Basically, Battle power was introduced about the same time as fan/towers. The reason for it is unknown I think they gave some dumb explanation like "to see a true players skill" Even though people with lower BP were ****ting on people with higher bp before then and made the game pretty much P2W. That's the backstory.

What it's used for its 3 things, one to determine the look of some epic weapons higher bp = better look in most occasions. The second is for exp the higher bp you have = the more bonus exp you get from hunting. The third and finally and really ****ty thing about it is it's used to determine your counter, if someone has 5 less bp then you and you have more counter then they have break they will only do about 30% of their overall damage to you.

However, given this explanation never use counter unless you are a support class for these reasons. You need to run in the case of an attacker and anything but king Pattack,HP,Immunity, and break.

Pretty self-explanatory minus the Immunity which is used to fend off crits from scrubs that run it, and kings who run it. This makes your survivability during fights that much better.

I hope this helps.
Returning is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-10-2016, 00:10   #3
Snak3y

Snak3y has a reputation beyond reputeSnak3y has a reputation beyond reputeSnak3y has a reputation beyond reputeSnak3y has a reputation beyond reputeSnak3y has a reputation beyond reputeSnak3y has a reputation beyond reputeSnak3y has a reputation beyond reputeSnak3y has a reputation beyond reputeSnak3y has a reputation beyond reputeSnak3y has a reputation beyond reputeSnak3y has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Returning View Post
I'm not sure if there's a guide but I could explain it to you if you'd like. Basically, Battle power was introduced about the same time as fan/towers. The reason for it is unknown I think they gave some dumb explanation like "to see a true players skill" Even though people with lower BP were ****ting on people with higher bp before then and made the game pretty much P2W. That's the backstory.

What it's used for its 3 things, one to determine the look of some epic weapons higher bp = better look in most occasions. The second is for exp the higher bp you have = the more bonus exp you get from hunting. The third and finally and really ****ty thing about it is it's used to determine your counter, if someone has 5 less bp then you and you have more counter then they have break they will only do about 30% of their overall damage to you.

However, given this explanation never use counter unless you are a support class for these reasons. You need to run in the case of an attacker and anything but king Pattack,HP,Immunity, and break.

Pretty self-explanatory minus the Immunity which is used to fend off crits from scrubs that run it, and kings who run it. This makes your survivability during fights that much better.

I hope this helps.

BP was introduced way way way before fan/tower. Even before Ninja.

It was TQ's way of "thanking" bulkers for spending $ on cps and it realy pooped on the others.

There are no special mechanics that you should understand, other than BP reduces dmg from lower BP chars. There was a time when exp would matter, but not anymore.

If you bother to search the forum, you probably can find percentages on the damage reduction for each bp gap tier.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: