Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 02-28-2008, 21:02   #1
gotcha
Banned

gotcha has a reputation beyond reputegotcha has a reputation beyond reputegotcha has a reputation beyond reputegotcha has a reputation beyond reputegotcha has a reputation beyond reputegotcha has a reputation beyond reputegotcha has a reputation beyond reputegotcha has a reputation beyond reputegotcha has a reputation beyond reputegotcha has a reputation beyond reputegotcha has a reputation beyond repute
Blessing RB w/110-119 Water not working for Boots or BS

Sapphire server issues.

Well today I was trying to bless a pair of boots on our server and I filled all my slots in on my first water with -5 gears except for boots. I know all slots did not need to be filled but I wanted to lower some bless gear lvl to try and get soc again. Eternity went through the bless like always (first time blessing a water below 120 with her new location in market) and after checking gear the boots just got lvl reduced to 10 and no bless. Being upset I chose to use my second lvl 114 water and see if something was wrong except this time I chose to leave both the BS slot and the boot slot with non blessed gear so if for some reason it was reblessing the bs this time at least one of the items would get blessed. Went through the blessed rebirth again and low and behold neither the BS or the boots were blessed again. All that happened was items were reduced. I wasted 2 waters and wasted 2 stones.

What is up, anybody else having these issues?
gotcha is offline   Share with Facebook
Old 02-28-2008, 21:10   #2
Baby Icey
Ex-Mod

Baby Icey has a reputation beyond reputeBaby Icey has a reputation beyond reputeBaby Icey has a reputation beyond reputeBaby Icey has a reputation beyond reputeBaby Icey has a reputation beyond reputeBaby Icey has a reputation beyond reputeBaby Icey has a reputation beyond reputeBaby Icey has a reputation beyond reputeBaby Icey has a reputation beyond reputeBaby Icey has a reputation beyond reputeBaby Icey has a reputation beyond repute
110 waters are a pain in the ass for blessing sometimes... but sometimes they work like a charm.
Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

9x-7i > 3(3x-7u)

Dragon Server

FluffyBunnyFeet [648 Perf Monk], [Z]Mazikeen [244 Perf DW], Skye, Nerdgasm, Ninjutsu... +200 noobs...

Mine ^.^ http://bbs.co.99.com/showthread.php?t=281695
Baby Icey is offline   Share with Facebook
Old 02-29-2008, 00:11   #3
iXenox

iXenox has a reputation beyond reputeiXenox has a reputation beyond reputeiXenox has a reputation beyond reputeiXenox has a reputation beyond reputeiXenox has a reputation beyond reputeiXenox has a reputation beyond reputeiXenox has a reputation beyond reputeiXenox has a reputation beyond reputeiXenox has a reputation beyond reputeiXenox has a reputation beyond reputeiXenox has a reputation beyond repute
Wear a gourd and garment next time.
iXenox is offline   Share with Facebook
Old 02-29-2008, 06:21   #4
gotcha
Banned

gotcha has a reputation beyond reputegotcha has a reputation beyond reputegotcha has a reputation beyond reputegotcha has a reputation beyond reputegotcha has a reputation beyond reputegotcha has a reputation beyond reputegotcha has a reputation beyond reputegotcha has a reputation beyond reputegotcha has a reputation beyond reputegotcha has a reputation beyond reputegotcha has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by iXenox View Post
Wear a gourd and garment next time.
WTF are you talking about, it is a 110 - 119 water. The only 2 spots that can get blesing are boots and weapon slot lol. What good would that do unless when they moved eternity to the market they changed the game code. The only reason I wore plain blessed gear in other slots is so I could try and met them up for a socket again. I should only need a blessed item in the slot I am not trying to bless I.E. the boots or weapon slot (BS).
Old 02-29-2008, 06:22   #5
gotcha
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby Icey View Post
110 waters are a pain in the ass for blessing sometimes... but sometimes they work like a charm.
HaHa Baby it is not suppose to be a pain lol. I have blessed many a waters and this is first time for this glitch and it happened twice in a row, not just once.
Old 03-15-2008, 12:08   #6
Ncnotorious
!ReNegAdE!

Ncnotorious has a reputation beyond reputeNcnotorious has a reputation beyond reputeNcnotorious has a reputation beyond reputeNcnotorious has a reputation beyond reputeNcnotorious has a reputation beyond reputeNcnotorious has a reputation beyond reputeNcnotorious has a reputation beyond reputeNcnotorious has a reputation beyond reputeNcnotorious has a reputation beyond reputeNcnotorious has a reputation beyond reputeNcnotorious has a reputation beyond repute
i tried blessing my super 2soc boots a while ago too, and it failed... using Eternity in market... first time i was trying to bless an item, and it failed... never reported it, but you can imagine that i never tried wasting another water on that again

please update this thread, i want to be 100% assured that the next time i try to bless an item, it works...
Ncnotorious is offline   Share with Facebook
Old 03-20-2008, 16:27   #7
shikyo1112
Jesus

shikyo1112 has a reputation beyond reputeshikyo1112 has a reputation beyond reputeshikyo1112 has a reputation beyond reputeshikyo1112 has a reputation beyond reputeshikyo1112 has a reputation beyond reputeshikyo1112 has a reputation beyond reputeshikyo1112 has a reputation beyond reputeshikyo1112 has a reputation beyond reputeshikyo1112 has a reputation beyond reputeshikyo1112 has a reputation beyond reputeshikyo1112 has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs down

yeah... I tried to rb a mana bs to bless it and had full blessed items on it except the bs and it didn't bless, wasn't gonna complain about it because I figured it wouldn't do any good... but you're not alone it has happened to me too. I just super two soced the mana bs at lvl 15 and used it anyways. now its 125 non blessed >.>
Vote for In god we trust being taken off of the US currency, it violates Separation of Church and State
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/10103521/
shikyo1112 is offline   Share with Facebook
Old 04-07-2008, 18:18   #8
x23456789x

x23456789x has a reputation beyond reputex23456789x has a reputation beyond reputex23456789x has a reputation beyond reputex23456789x has a reputation beyond reputex23456789x has a reputation beyond reputex23456789x has a reputation beyond reputex23456789x has a reputation beyond reputex23456789x has a reputation beyond reputex23456789x has a reputation beyond reputex23456789x has a reputation beyond reputex23456789x has a reputation beyond repute
aw , this is why I started with -5 first
x23456789x is offline   Share with Facebook
Old 05-22-2008, 16:56   #9
Weatherwax
BashShell

Weatherwax has a reputation beyond reputeWeatherwax has a reputation beyond reputeWeatherwax has a reputation beyond reputeWeatherwax has a reputation beyond reputeWeatherwax has a reputation beyond reputeWeatherwax has a reputation beyond reputeWeatherwax has a reputation beyond reputeWeatherwax has a reputation beyond reputeWeatherwax has a reputation beyond reputeWeatherwax has a reputation beyond reputeWeatherwax has a reputation beyond repute
Before the forum was re-done there was a really good post about blessed rebirths. I can't find it now but it did say that for water taos under L120 you have to wear non-blessed boots and non-blessed backsword because otherwise there is a 50% chance of getting the blessing on the item which is already blessed (and losing it).

That doesn't explain why it didn't work when both slots were non-blessed, though. I was thinking of trying some blessed rebirths on L110 water taos soon but it doesn't seem such a good idea now.

[edit] found the guide here

Last edited by Weatherwax; 05-22-2008 at 17:03.
Weatherwax is offline   Share with Facebook
Old 05-22-2008, 20:43   #10
sbrwln
Noop

sbrwln has a reputation beyond reputesbrwln has a reputation beyond reputesbrwln has a reputation beyond reputesbrwln has a reputation beyond reputesbrwln has a reputation beyond reputesbrwln has a reputation beyond reputesbrwln has a reputation beyond reputesbrwln has a reputation beyond reputesbrwln has a reputation beyond reputesbrwln has a reputation beyond reputesbrwln has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to sbrwln Send a message via Yahoo to sbrwln
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weatherwax View Post
Before the forum was re-done there was a really good post about blessed rebirths. I can't find it now but it did say that for water taos under L120 you have to wear non-blessed boots and non-blessed backsword because otherwise there is a 50% chance of getting the blessing on the item which is already blessed (and losing it).

That doesn't explain why it didn't work when both slots were non-blessed, though. I was thinking of trying some blessed rebirths on L110 water taos soon but it doesn't seem such a good idea now.

[edit] found the guide here
I would still consider that a bug.. because from my understanding it should not try to bless an item that is already blessed.

The Guide Videos

www.WatchTheGuild.com
sbrwln is offline   Share with Facebook
Old 05-23-2008, 13:54   #11
Weatherwax
BashShell

Weatherwax has a reputation beyond reputeWeatherwax has a reputation beyond reputeWeatherwax has a reputation beyond reputeWeatherwax has a reputation beyond reputeWeatherwax has a reputation beyond reputeWeatherwax has a reputation beyond reputeWeatherwax has a reputation beyond reputeWeatherwax has a reputation beyond reputeWeatherwax has a reputation beyond reputeWeatherwax has a reputation beyond reputeWeatherwax has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbrwln View Post
I would still consider that a bug.. because from my understanding it should not try to bless an item that is already blessed.
I agree, but it was documented in this forum in July 2007 and nothing has been done about it. At that time, though, you could expect that *something* would get blessed if both weapon and boots were not blessed when you did a blessed rebirth. I hope they fix it all now.
Weatherwax is offline   Share with Facebook
Old 07-13-2008, 15:57   #12
0ptimaL
Twerp

0ptimaL has a reputation beyond repute0ptimaL has a reputation beyond repute0ptimaL has a reputation beyond repute0ptimaL has a reputation beyond repute0ptimaL has a reputation beyond repute0ptimaL has a reputation beyond repute0ptimaL has a reputation beyond repute0ptimaL has a reputation beyond repute0ptimaL has a reputation beyond repute0ptimaL has a reputation beyond repute0ptimaL has a reputation beyond repute
fixed yet?
0ptimaL is offline   Share with Facebook
Old 07-14-2008, 08:22   #13
vaughno04

vaughno04 has a reputation beyond reputevaughno04 has a reputation beyond reputevaughno04 has a reputation beyond reputevaughno04 has a reputation beyond reputevaughno04 has a reputation beyond reputevaughno04 has a reputation beyond reputevaughno04 has a reputation beyond reputevaughno04 has a reputation beyond reputevaughno04 has a reputation beyond reputevaughno04 has a reputation beyond reputevaughno04 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to vaughno04 Send a message via Yahoo to vaughno04
It's funny that this is happening. I've never done a blessed rebirth but I'm considering trying it with my market and see what happens. If the old forum thread holds true, the gourd or the garmet can be blessed which is a total waste considering that you're only supposed to have the option of boots or bs. Well I guess I'll see in the 2 months it'll take me to try it. lol

btw my game handle is saria, Zelda, Gabrielle, ~ThEiSh~, sweetness and a few other unmetionables.
vaughno04 is offline   Share with Facebook
Old 07-18-2008, 02:52   #14
Zepy
ImmortalMe

Zepy has a reputation beyond reputeZepy has a reputation beyond reputeZepy has a reputation beyond reputeZepy has a reputation beyond reputeZepy has a reputation beyond reputeZepy has a reputation beyond reputeZepy has a reputation beyond reputeZepy has a reputation beyond reputeZepy has a reputation beyond reputeZepy has a reputation beyond reputeZepy has a reputation beyond repute
fixed yet ?

Water 130 . Trojan 130 . Archer 137
***9608;***9608;***9608;***9608;***9608;***9608;***9608;***9608;***9608;***9608;***9608;***9608;***9608;***9608;***9608;***9608;***9608;***9608;***9608;***9608;***9608;***9608;***9608;***9608;***9608;***9608;***9608;***9608;***9608;***9608;***9608;***9608;***9608; 95%

IceDragon working
Ninja 132 ___ War 134
***9608;***9608;***9608;***9608;***9608;***9608;***9608;***9608;***9608;***9608;***9608;***9608;***9608;***9608;***9608;***9608;***9608;***9608;***9608;***9608;***9608;***9608;***9608;***9608; 35%

Let Go of your hate !
Zepy is offline   Share with Facebook
Old 07-21-2008, 10:03   #15
reapersson
Papa-Reapa

reapersson has a reputation beyond reputereapersson has a reputation beyond reputereapersson has a reputation beyond reputereapersson has a reputation beyond reputereapersson has a reputation beyond reputereapersson has a reputation beyond reputereapersson has a reputation beyond reputereapersson has a reputation beyond reputereapersson has a reputation beyond reputereapersson has a reputation beyond reputereapersson has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to reapersson Send a message via MSN to reapersson Send a message via Yahoo to reapersson
its been a long time since i bless rbed something, but its happened to me on eagle b4

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: