Closed Thread

Old 11-03-2009, 02:41   #1
thehempknight
Your Ruler

thehempknight has a reputation beyond reputethehempknight has a reputation beyond reputethehempknight has a reputation beyond reputethehempknight has a reputation beyond reputethehempknight has a reputation beyond reputethehempknight has a reputation beyond reputethehempknight has a reputation beyond reputethehempknight has a reputation beyond reputethehempknight has a reputation beyond reputethehempknight has a reputation beyond reputethehempknight has a reputation beyond repute
Pure Skills. Could it really be true?

That's right. Pure skills.
You've all wondered if they would be added. You've argued for them, and you've rallied against. And after all the clamor has settled, the time has come for the decision to be made.

What we want in this thread, is your thoughts and ideas about pure skills for the original classes. Use an existing skill, and make it pure only? Make a new skill? If new, flesh out the idea some. What kind of skill? How would it look? Things like that.
This feature will involve both 2.0 and the Classic CO servers, so everyone should think about what this will mean for them, and what they would like to see.

This is the time for you to use your heads, and help shape what could be an important feature for character professions. Use it wisely!

Keep the flames out. Try posting creative and constructive ideas here instead of flaming others ideas. - DarkRage
s
m

I hate it when it drips like that....

Official Unofficial NonMember of the BACONEERS!!!!11eleven

There's no point for democracy when ignorance is celebrated.

The saline from your tear ducts energizes my ego.

Last edited by DarkRage; 11-09-2009 at 07:07. Reason: Note added.
Old 11-03-2009, 02:42   #2
DEATH*BY*BLADES
Banned

DEATH*BY*BLADES has a reputation beyond reputeDEATH*BY*BLADES has a reputation beyond reputeDEATH*BY*BLADES has a reputation beyond reputeDEATH*BY*BLADES has a reputation beyond reputeDEATH*BY*BLADES has a reputation beyond reputeDEATH*BY*BLADES has a reputation beyond reputeDEATH*BY*BLADES has a reputation beyond reputeDEATH*BY*BLADES has a reputation beyond reputeDEATH*BY*BLADES has a reputation beyond reputeDEATH*BY*BLADES has a reputation beyond reputeDEATH*BY*BLADES has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to DEATH*BY*BLADES Send a message via Yahoo to DEATH*BY*BLADES
um Here's an idea for Trojans, if they go pure, have FB/SS use only 5/10 stamina verses the 20 it uses normally it might not be an actual skill change but it would be a nice benifit to going pure
Old 11-03-2009, 02:46   #3
Rapist..
#1 Fber.

Rapist.. has a reputation beyond reputeRapist.. has a reputation beyond reputeRapist.. has a reputation beyond reputeRapist.. has a reputation beyond reputeRapist.. has a reputation beyond reputeRapist.. has a reputation beyond reputeRapist.. has a reputation beyond reputeRapist.. has a reputation beyond reputeRapist.. has a reputation beyond reputeRapist.. has a reputation beyond reputeRapist.. has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Rapist..
Half the stam lost for pure tro's for fb/ss/herc, This has been a widely spread idea for the pure tro class..

Vouch anything that isn't something such as.. Only pure wars get reflect in cco or CK gone for ninjas.. Maybe somthing small like less mana used to rev for pure waters ect.. Shouldn't be in classic co..

And since monk class skills are released people are gonna be requestings tons of garbage skills..

Lets keep cco as is.. Unless very small adjustments to pure classes.. Or before added to cco make a poll there.. But you're a smart guy hemp..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Secret Weapon View Post
Sorry, but I've seen and played with the best, and they aren't as good as your video, you may be good which is why people will believe you but I know the difference between good and just plain proxy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShootTheMoonlig View Post
Oh yeah, rapist played CO out of his mother's womb, and at the age of 9 he signed a contract for being so good at CO. Just a heads up.

Last edited by Rapist..; 11-03-2009 at 02:54.
Old 11-03-2009, 02:50   #4
Raiujin
Banned

Raiujin has a reputation beyond reputeRaiujin has a reputation beyond reputeRaiujin has a reputation beyond reputeRaiujin has a reputation beyond reputeRaiujin has a reputation beyond reputeRaiujin has a reputation beyond reputeRaiujin has a reputation beyond reputeRaiujin has a reputation beyond reputeRaiujin has a reputation beyond reputeRaiujin has a reputation beyond reputeRaiujin has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by DEATH*BY*BLADES View Post
um Here's an idea for Trojans, if they go pure, have FB/SS use only 5/10 stamina verses the 20 it uses normally it might not be an actual skill change but it would be a nice benifit to going pure
I like this idea for trojans!

Please do not implement these in Classic or at least think about the effect these skills will have on both the server types.. Half of these skills are probably going to be to a combat Toxic Fog or just as strong and does not belong in Classic at all!

Last edited by Raiujin; 11-03-2009 at 02:57.
Old 11-03-2009, 02:50   #5
rubennl
giggity

rubennl has a reputation beyond reputerubennl has a reputation beyond reputerubennl has a reputation beyond reputerubennl has a reputation beyond reputerubennl has a reputation beyond reputerubennl has a reputation beyond reputerubennl has a reputation beyond reputerubennl has a reputation beyond reputerubennl has a reputation beyond reputerubennl has a reputation beyond reputerubennl has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
5-10 stam is pretty much madness i already see guys with blessing spam fb/ss all over the place xD i cant come up with any pure skills right now ill edit this post later =x
Old 11-03-2009, 02:53   #6
Beyrone
STěRM

Beyrone has a reputation beyond reputeBeyrone has a reputation beyond reputeBeyrone has a reputation beyond reputeBeyrone has a reputation beyond reputeBeyrone has a reputation beyond reputeBeyrone has a reputation beyond reputeBeyrone has a reputation beyond reputeBeyrone has a reputation beyond reputeBeyrone has a reputation beyond reputeBeyrone has a reputation beyond reputeBeyrone has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
I would disagree there what about the other classes that use FB and SS? trojans are not the only ones.

As for removing skills, I think it wouldn't be bad at all to go back to the way it was by only allowing warriors to have reflect, but I can already see people crying outloud about this so TQ wise it might not be so smart to do.

Quote:
Warriors should get a skills that adds more defense, brings more use to the class and be more of a tanker.

Archers should perhaps get a skill that allows them to set pvp traps, might sound retarded but it is quite logical when you think about it.

Fires should perhaps involve more of a intelligence class, perhaps allow them to have a skill that allows them to do a area of effect attack, that can be used around places as the gates and pole. with some sort of a skill wise usage so the better its casted the greater the damage output will be.
And most of all,
Please please let us test and not some fool from TQ, and allow us to give feedback

Just my 50 cents.

Also proud Ex-Guildleader of DragonSoul, I will never forget the great times we had.

Please vote for better guild management
Old 11-03-2009, 02:54   #7
~*|Limbo|*~
Aimbutter

~*|Limbo|*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*|Limbo|*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*|Limbo|*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*|Limbo|*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*|Limbo|*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*|Limbo|*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*|Limbo|*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*|Limbo|*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*|Limbo|*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*|Limbo|*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*|Limbo|*~ has a reputation beyond repute
Trojan-Trojan-Trojan

Twice asmuch stamina as any other class or costing less stamina to use skills such as FastBlade, ScentSword, Hercules - Let's face it, cruel shade blows.

Warrior-Warrior-Warrior

A Pure Warrior should be the only class with Reflect making them a unique tanking/reflecting class and much more useful. If that doesn't work for you then make them activate reflect at an improved rate or double the capped damage recieved from reflect (From 2k to 4k).

Fire-Fire-Fire

A Pure Fire should get a skill similar to stig but boosting m-attack instead of p-attack that improves m-attack by 10, 15, 20 & 25% (fixed), seems fair enough considering they lose reflect and other useful skills.

Water-Water-Water

A Pure Water should get an advanced team healing type spell (Possibly called Adv Nectar) I think giving them the option to heal for more like 2,000 damage would be much better.

Archer-Archer-Archer

Pure Archers should possibly have a super scatter I guess? A scatter that doesn't deal half the damage, deals 75% or full 100% damage costing 5 arrows instead of 3.

Another idea for a Pure Archer would be a auto-activating Stun skill (Works like freezing arrows) and it stuns for 1 second, doesn't activate very often though.

Ninja already has its pure skill so there's no need to discuss about that really.

*Edit #1*

My second Pure Skils ideas in the quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*|Limbo|*~ View Post
I have new idea's for each of the classes if anyone didn't like my previous suggestions:

Warrior-Warrior-Warrior

Advanced Reflect

Cost: Passive.
What it does: After awhile of thinking i decided on making this class the main tanker and doing this I decided giving a 100% defence boost when Reflect activates for 15 seconds and improving the chance Reflect activates to 40% or maybe even 50%.

Quote:
On a side note another addition I think might make this class more common would be making Pure Warriors be able to 'Reflect' negative spells e.g Toxic Fog and more as they come. More thought into this should be considered as there will be that new class Monk which I think would mean other classes should be made stronger.
Water-Water-Water

Protective Charge

Cost: 1,000 Mana, Level 100.
What it does: Grant's a temporary life & defence % boost for anyone you use the spell on.

Quote:
Elementary: Learned at level 100 - Grants a 20% life & defence boost lasts 30 seconds, Costs 1,000 mana.
Level 1: Upgradeable at level 110 - Grants a 35% life & defence boost lasts 45 seconds, Costs 1,000 mana.
Fixed: Upgradeable at level 120 - Grants a 50% life & defence boost lasts 60 seconds, Costs 1,000 mana.
Fire-Fire-Fire

Advanced Wizardry

Cost: Mana and Level 50
What it does: Improves Magic Attack by X% for X seconds.

Quote:
Elementary: Learned at level 50 - Grants a 10% M-Attack boost lasts 15 seconds, Costs 200 mana.
Level 1: Upgradeable at level 60 - Grants a 15% M-Attack boost lasts 30 seconds, Costs 300 mana.
Fixed: Upgradeable at level 70 - Grants a 25% M-Attack boost lasts 45 seconds, Costs 400 mana.
Archer-Archer-Archer

Improved Scatter

Cost: 3 or 5 Arrows, Level 70.
What it does: 360║ full damage Scatter at fixed which for those of you who don't know it would fire arrows in all directions.

Quote:
Elementary: Learned at Level 70 - Deals 50% damage 180║ scatter.
Level 1: Upgradeable at Level 80 - Deals 75% damage 270║ scatter.
Fixed: Upgradeable at level 100 - Deals 100% damage 360║ scatter.
Trojan-Trojan-Trojan

Vamparic FastBlade/ScentSword

Cost: 20 Stamina Points - Same as FB/SS, Level 80.
What it does: Works like FB/SS currently does except it heals you for a % of the damage you deal using the skill - It might be overpowering but idk so i'd like to hear some opinions/suggestions on any changes to how this is calculated (Changing the heal % or something).

Quote:
Elementary: Learned at Level 80 - Heals 10% of damage dealt to HP and it has the same range as Elementary FB/SS.
Level 1: Upgradeable at Level 90 - Heals 20% of damage dealt to HP and it has the same range as Level 1 FB/SS.
Level 2: Upgradeable at Level 100 - Heals 30% of damage dealt to HP and it has the same range as Level 2 FB/SS.
Level 3: Upgradeable at Level 110 - Heals 40% of damage dealt to HP and it has the same range as Level 3 FB/SS.
Fixed: Upgradeable at Level 120 - Heals 50% of damage dealt to HP and it has the same range as Level 4 FB/SS.
Ok well I would like to hear everyone's opinions on what they think, I for one am glad to see TQ making changes to the way PvP works and altering classes for the better and I just hope TQ don't mess it up bringing Potency/BattlePower too much into the game and for those who read and commented, thanks

Here is another idea I thought of possibly for a tao class or maybe even a Warrior which was this...

Mimic

Cost: 100 Stamina Points, Level 100.
What it does: Steal's other peoples spells and grant's them being able to be used temporarily by the pure Class for X seconds at no mana/stamina cost (Cannot be used on Mimic).

Quote:
Elementary: Learned at level 100 - 20% chance to steal a targets spell for 15 seconds.
Level 1: Upgradeable at level 110 - 35% chance to steal targets spell for 15 seconds.
Fixed: Upgradeable at level 120 - 50% chance to steal targets spell for 15 seconds.
My thoughts on this spell is that I have no idea how it would 'Select' a spell to use temporarily or would it be randomly selected - I think it would be a good idea if there was more useful spells in the game. So far there is only Fb, Ss, Herc, Stig, Adv Cure, Nectar, Pray, Scatter, Fly, Reflect, Xp Shield, Nado, FoH, Toxic Fog, TwoFolds, Poison Star, Counter-Kill, Archer Bane.

From those listed only ninja has a full set of useful spells yet all the other classes don't? That's very unbalanced if you ask me.
*Edit #2*

I came up with another spell idea that I thought would be quite useful for a FireTao idk if anyone will agree with me:

Fire Blast

Cost: 50 stamina points.
What it does: Blasts a fireball that has the same type of range as fb/ss but double the width & it also hit's the targets that are in it's firing path (Isn't single target spammed).

Quote:
Elementary: Learned at level 100 - 880 magic damage & it stuns those it hits for 1 second.
Level 1: Upgradeable at level 110 - 1050 magic damage & it stuns those it hits for 1 second.
Fixed: Upgradeable at level 120 - 1280 magic damage & it stuns those it hits for 1 second.
The stun timer doesn't stack so you can't be 'Stun Locked' from this spell - This idea wasn't mine originally, came from a guy posting an idea for a pure skill but I modified it.

*Edit #3*

I decided to name and properly suggest another great idea for a skill, thanks to Andris for pointing me in a better direction for the Pure Trojan skill.

Trojan-Trojan-Trojan

Blood Pact

Cost: Nothing - Activate it once and it's on untill you turn it off (Like Counter-Kill)
What it does: It is a Passive spell which means it's active constantly & it heals the pure trojan for 25% of the damage you deal, capped at a maximum heal of 5k HP from dealing 20k damage, it works on all spells and direct hit's & it has an activation timer like Counter-Kill, 50% chance to activate once every 10 seconds.

Quote:
Elementary: Learned at level 70 - Heals 10% of your damage to someone directly to your HP, capped at a maximum heal of 5k HP & has a 30% chance to activate once every 20 seconds.
Level 1: Upgradeable at level 85 - Heals 15% of your damage to someone directly to your HP, capped at a maximum of 5k HP & has a 40% chance to activate once every 15 seconds.
Fixed: Upgradeable at level 100 - Heals 25% of your damage to someone directly to your own HP, capped at a maximum of 5k HP & has a 50% chance to activate once every 10 seconds.

Hereby, let me speak for every customer who was waiting for this project to succeed.

YOU FAILED!

Here is what you, TQ Digital should do next;
  • Delete Classic CO category.
  • Delete every discussion related to Classic CO (CO 1.0)

With that said, i hereby request that TQ Digital please follows the guide above.
Owned.

Last edited by ~*|Limbo|*~; 11-17-2009 at 14:12.
Old 11-03-2009, 02:57   #8
Gorax
Mutant Ninja

Gorax has a reputation beyond reputeGorax has a reputation beyond reputeGorax has a reputation beyond reputeGorax has a reputation beyond reputeGorax has a reputation beyond reputeGorax has a reputation beyond reputeGorax has a reputation beyond reputeGorax has a reputation beyond reputeGorax has a reputation beyond reputeGorax has a reputation beyond reputeGorax has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via ICQ to Gorax Send a message via AIM to Gorax Send a message via Yahoo to Gorax
Woot! Overpowered skill time!

Tros: have Cruel Shade work on bosses and in PvP, and do more than 40% dmg after 2nd RB. That, and/or stamina-based cyclone.

Waters: give them a cure for Fog, and have Invisibility work in PvP (until they get hit.)

Archers: allow Freezing Arrow to work in PvP, so that it can stop someone for a second or so.

Fires: Inferno. ...or something similar to the Inferno skill in the Diablo series. Basically, the Fire Tao stands still and a biiiiiiig flame shoots forth, doing a ridiculous amount of damage. Would be great for bosses and guild gates.

Warriors:

Ninjas: Already have Fog.

I'll add in the rest later. Late for class.
Captain_Planet: lvl 130 Water > 133 Warr > 138 Arch
Guild: Not^Very^Nice

Both on Dream server.

Last edited by Gorax; 11-03-2009 at 03:30.
Old 11-03-2009, 02:58   #9
Wuasha
I'm Boring

Wuasha has a reputation beyond reputeWuasha has a reputation beyond reputeWuasha has a reputation beyond reputeWuasha has a reputation beyond reputeWuasha has a reputation beyond reputeWuasha has a reputation beyond reputeWuasha has a reputation beyond reputeWuasha has a reputation beyond reputeWuasha has a reputation beyond reputeWuasha has a reputation beyond reputeWuasha has a reputation beyond repute
Pure Fires dodge should prevent fog (on 2.0)
Pure Archer should get a wing attack ( would be cool xD)
pure water should have...well...beats the hell out of me xD, but an improved healing skill would be nice
Pure warrior should be able do increase 50pct their defense using stamina(its the weakest class =/)
Pure trojan , i agree with the ones i've seen, like do ss/fb cost less
pure ninjas already have CK so they can keep it =P

All skills fixed except fire met: lvl 5 at 8%

Proud to be DL of Tugas_Power
the best portuguese guild on Phoenix server!
But, atm, im a FIA DL <3
--Semi retired from phoenix--
--working on a trojan on Royalty :P
Old 11-03-2009, 02:59   #10
Beyrone
STěRM

Beyrone has a reputation beyond reputeBeyrone has a reputation beyond reputeBeyrone has a reputation beyond reputeBeyrone has a reputation beyond reputeBeyrone has a reputation beyond reputeBeyrone has a reputation beyond reputeBeyrone has a reputation beyond reputeBeyrone has a reputation beyond reputeBeyrone has a reputation beyond reputeBeyrone has a reputation beyond reputeBeyrone has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorax View Post
Woot! Overpowered skill time!

Tros: have Cruel Shade work on bosses and in PvP, and do more than 40% dmg after 2nd RB.

(will edit to add more later.)
Cruel shade cost all your stamina, so even if that happens I bet no one is going to cast it, unless that is what your aiming for

Also proud Ex-Guildleader of DragonSoul, I will never forget the great times we had.

Old 11-03-2009, 03:00   #11
ForeverSad

ForeverSad has a reputation beyond reputeForeverSad has a reputation beyond reputeForeverSad has a reputation beyond reputeForeverSad has a reputation beyond reputeForeverSad has a reputation beyond reputeForeverSad has a reputation beyond reputeForeverSad has a reputation beyond reputeForeverSad has a reputation beyond reputeForeverSad has a reputation beyond reputeForeverSad has a reputation beyond reputeForeverSad has a reputation beyond repute
can't wait to see what TQ does now
lol should be interesting.....
Old 11-03-2009, 03:03   #12
Dragonhunter98
Airborn

Dragonhunter98 has a reputation beyond reputeDragonhunter98 has a reputation beyond reputeDragonhunter98 has a reputation beyond reputeDragonhunter98 has a reputation beyond reputeDragonhunter98 has a reputation beyond reputeDragonhunter98 has a reputation beyond reputeDragonhunter98 has a reputation beyond reputeDragonhunter98 has a reputation beyond reputeDragonhunter98 has a reputation beyond reputeDragonhunter98 has a reputation beyond reputeDragonhunter98 has a reputation beyond repute
these are just brainflashes:
  • water water water: area revive
  • war war war: shield 2* defense on stamina ( next to xp shield also a stamina shield)
  • tro tro tro: less stamina on skills ( i agree on that)
  • fire fire fire: hardest char in game so give them a more powerfull skill then nado but same casting rate.
  • nin nin nin : counter but make it hit less often
  • arch-arch-arch: no loading time on intensify, you can use the skill instant ( still have to be able to combine it with rapid fire)

Neptune server
dragon_hunter tro-war-fire 130-130-132 back i guess
DragonslayeR war -war-war 130-130-136 back i guess( War King)
Dragon_hunter wat-war-war 130-132-132 loafing around
dragonhunter98 wat-tro-arch 110-130-130 waiting patiently
Force nin-war-wat 130-130-122 waiting on target destination
ForcE tro-war 130-125 outclassed
Old 11-03-2009, 03:13   #13
Beyrone
STěRM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonhunter98 View Post
these are just brainflashes:
  • water water water: area revive
Yeah that sounds good -.-

Old 11-03-2009, 03:15   #14
~*|Limbo|*~
Aimbutter

~*|Limbo|*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*|Limbo|*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*|Limbo|*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*|Limbo|*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*|Limbo|*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*|Limbo|*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*|Limbo|*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*|Limbo|*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*|Limbo|*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*|Limbo|*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*|Limbo|*~ has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beyrone View Post
Yeah that sounds good -.-
Yeah I don't think it'd be a good idea either, chain-revive would seem too overpowering even on a water.

I think my idea of healing something like 2k hp for a pure water and possibly call the skill Adv Nectar.

Hereby, let me speak for every customer who was waiting for this project to succeed.

YOU FAILED!

Here is what you, TQ Digital should do next;
  • Delete Classic CO category.
  • Delete every discussion related to Classic CO (CO 1.0)

With that said, i hereby request that TQ Digital please follows the guide above.
Owned.
Old 11-03-2009, 03:22   #15
Karnagee

Karnagee has a reputation beyond reputeKarnagee has a reputation beyond reputeKarnagee has a reputation beyond reputeKarnagee has a reputation beyond reputeKarnagee has a reputation beyond reputeKarnagee has a reputation beyond reputeKarnagee has a reputation beyond reputeKarnagee has a reputation beyond reputeKarnagee has a reputation beyond reputeKarnagee has a reputation beyond reputeKarnagee has a reputation beyond repute
ok the ONLY class out there thats actually worth going pure with is ninja, ck is pwnage as hell

yeaaaa i'd say give pure tros some kinda advantage wit fb/ss, reducing the amount of stanima is good but maybe jus give em 200 stamina? or maybe make it for every time they connect wit an fb/ss it slows the opponent down to the old jump style for a bit, or maybe not every time but passive n more of a chance then reflect

for warriors maybe make reflect a pure warrior skill (no xxx-war-xxx reflect) but if ur doin this on every server then that would piss off ALOTTTTT of ppl, so maybe suntin that takes all stamina n makes pure warriors invincible for like 20 seconds? or suntin that absorbs all damage that activates more then reflect

fire taos...dodge wasnt bad before bp/tallies/blahblah but now it's kina useless for normal servers, it'll be good again for the classics but i'd say a pure fire might get likeee a superior nado of some kind n make it have an AoE radius or suntin, call it..."Dark Strike", have it look like black lightning that hits 1 person then moves on the ground in a circle to damage anybody else around

lets see..pure archer is suntin u Neverrrr see so maybe give em suntin thats good n actually useful for pk, also they have no good skills that take stamina, its fly and rapid fire which both take all of it away, maybe suntin called "Head Shot" which is like fb but u aim for the head instead of feet n takes like 25stamina away even if u miss n does pretty high damage

nothing new on the classic servers tho pleaseeeee leave it the way it is

thx so much for takin elite 2socs outa lotto hemp - oh look they're back in tq'd

welcome to classic conquer - turned into a compromise, ok that works - cco lotto superior to 2.0 lotto tq'd

we're opening 2 servers to please our old school players - oh hey theres only USA (im in us but damn the lag) tq'd

no more optimism, no more considering this might be close to 1.0, suck a nut tq
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: