Old 04-07-2009, 14:59   #1
DoomBringer01

DoomBringer01 is on a distinguished road
Archer reborn

I currently have a 127 archer that i plan on RBing. I know it generally isnt best to start with archer but I wanted to.

I plan on ending with an archer and I was wondering what people think about this:

Arch-Water-Arch.

I know normally in arch-xxx-arch most would recommend tro or warrior. I do not intend to use this archer for pvp so no need for reflect. So basically just trying to decide between tro and water.

I am leaning more towards water, but also want to bring suggestions into the picture. I appreciate all comments except for those suggestion to start a new character. Maybe I will eventually, but I want to enjoy what I have for the time being.

Thanks.
DoomBringer01 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 04-07-2009, 15:18   #2
Karlo
KOSMAK!

Karlo has a reputation beyond reputeKarlo has a reputation beyond reputeKarlo has a reputation beyond reputeKarlo has a reputation beyond reputeKarlo has a reputation beyond reputeKarlo has a reputation beyond reputeKarlo has a reputation beyond reputeKarlo has a reputation beyond reputeKarlo has a reputation beyond reputeKarlo has a reputation beyond reputeKarlo has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Karlo Send a message via Skype™ to Karlo
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomBringer01 View Post
I currently have a 127 archer that i plan on RBing. I know it generally isnt best to start with archer but I wanted to.

I plan on ending with an archer and I was wondering what people think about this:

Arch-Water-Arch.

I know normally in arch-xxx-arch most would recommend tro or warrior. I do not intend to use this archer for pvp so no need for reflect. So basically just trying to decide between tro and water.

I am leaning more towards water, but also want to bring suggestions into the picture. I appreciate all comments except for those suggestion to start a new character. Maybe I will eventually, but I want to enjoy what I have for the time being.

Thanks.
I'd say go archer-trojan-archer, you can always get a stigger

Wat?
Karlo is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 04-07-2009, 17:56   #3
Weatherwax
BashShell

Weatherwax has a reputation beyond reputeWeatherwax has a reputation beyond reputeWeatherwax has a reputation beyond reputeWeatherwax has a reputation beyond reputeWeatherwax has a reputation beyond reputeWeatherwax has a reputation beyond reputeWeatherwax has a reputation beyond reputeWeatherwax has a reputation beyond reputeWeatherwax has a reputation beyond reputeWeatherwax has a reputation beyond reputeWeatherwax has a reputation beyond repute
If you go tro rather than water, you won't have to worry about mana after second rb. If you go water you will either have to have a gourd/bottle to wear, or allocate enough attributes to spirit so that you can cast any spells you want to use (stig needs 400 mana for 1 activation when fixed, for example).

In the end it depends on what you want to use the archer for and where.

I love having a water-arch. I hardly ever use the stig but I often plevel in the AZ. As the people who win guild wars on Dream server usually put the GCs in silly places (like a lily pad in TC) the Divine Hare saves a *lot* of time jumping out to the AZ and other places. It's great for doing the blue mouse quest too. I also prefer cure to spirit healing as cure leaves me with full stamina ready to fly in an emergency.

You may have no trouble getting to the places you want to use, may never want to use it to hunt the mouse and may prefer spirit healing because it restores more health (even if it is a pain in the posterior to level). You might also decide that having cyclone as an archer is worth more than any of the benefits you'd get from having been a water.
Weatherwax is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 04-07-2009, 18:41   #4
DoomBringer01

yeah i was thinking along the lines of divine hare.

I had planned on using a gourd (but do not know where i'll get the funds from) eventually in 2nd rb.

Mainly I would be using this character for hunting/plvling.

edit: granted cyclone would be very nice, i think overall water sounds like a better plan for me.

editv2: If I do indeed on going water, think it would be best to be a melee water?

Last edited by DoomBringer01; 04-07-2009 at 18:45.
Old 04-07-2009, 18:55   #5
frEddy
Veteran

frEddy has a reputation beyond reputefrEddy has a reputation beyond reputefrEddy has a reputation beyond reputefrEddy has a reputation beyond reputefrEddy has a reputation beyond reputefrEddy has a reputation beyond reputefrEddy has a reputation beyond reputefrEddy has a reputation beyond reputefrEddy has a reputation beyond reputefrEddy has a reputation beyond reputefrEddy has a reputation beyond repute
Its such a waste of money and time to relevel an archer just for the purpose of hunting. Why don't you just stay 130 and stay that way and hunt/plvl? There is no bonus attack for reborning an archer or 2nd reborning an archer, only extra defense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delli View Post
No matter what TQ does, there's always some douches whining in here...
Give this give that then next minute NOOOO you gave too much, I can't take it anymore I quit blabla blaaah
frEddy is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 04-07-2009, 19:47   #6
DoomBringer01

I was thinking along the lines of the additional skills and such that I would gain from the reborns.
Old 04-07-2009, 19:48   #7
AlexTheGreat
ಠ_ಠ

AlexTheGreat has much to be proud ofAlexTheGreat has much to be proud ofAlexTheGreat has much to be proud ofAlexTheGreat has much to be proud ofAlexTheGreat has much to be proud ofAlexTheGreat has much to be proud ofAlexTheGreat has much to be proud ofAlexTheGreat has much to be proud ofAlexTheGreat has much to be proud ofAlexTheGreat has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomBringer01 View Post
yeah i was thinking along the lines of divine hare.

I had planned on using a gourd (but do not know where i'll get the funds from) eventually in 2nd rb.

Mainly I would be using this character for hunting/plvling.

edit: granted cyclone would be very nice, i think overall water sounds like a better plan for me.

editv2: If I do indeed on going water, think it would be best to be a melee water?
Since you went Archer as your first life, I'd go Archer-Trojan-Archer. You can almost ALWAYS find a stigger. And since you claim that it's for hunting/p lvling, it would be hardly impractical since you wouldn't be hunting at no AZ... BI would be your home... I don't even recommend making a second Reborn Archer either unless you're going to turn it into your in-game business and Water farm. If not, just stay reborn. Will save you TONS of trouble since you really wouldn't appreciate it for just hunting and p lvling strangers at 130...

Future Ninja-Warrior-Water Taoist (Currently a 130-120 Ninja-Warrior :P)

The gun in my mouth was real,
And the taste blew my mind
-99 Ways to Die~
AlexTheGreat is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 04-07-2009, 21:15   #8
DoomBringer01

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexTheGreat View Post
If not, just stay reborn.
Are you recommending to stay unreborn archer or stay as arch-tro?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: