View Poll Results: Should there be a Spell or Potion that cancels the effect of Toxic Fog
Yes - Spell 63 34.43%
Yes - Potion 14 7.65%
Yes - Both 61 33.33%
No 45 24.59%
Voters: 183. You may not vote on this poll

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 01-06-2009, 09:10   #1
Lotak
Pai&Yakumo

Lotak has a reputation beyond reputeLotak has a reputation beyond reputeLotak has a reputation beyond reputeLotak has a reputation beyond reputeLotak has a reputation beyond reputeLotak has a reputation beyond reputeLotak has a reputation beyond reputeLotak has a reputation beyond reputeLotak has a reputation beyond reputeLotak has a reputation beyond reputeLotak has a reputation beyond repute
Potion/Spell to cancel Toxic Fog

Basically, there needs to be something that cancels the effect of toxic fog.
Imagine this scenario.
There is a 320+ potency ninja on your server with fixed TF, and he casts it and everyone gets hit by it. If the average person has 12k hp, it would take 6 seconds for his hp to go down to 1.5k, by then, an easy target for any tao or hercing tro.

Currently, the only thing that prevents this is potency, but what happens when that is overcome?
All you need to win GW are 4 characters. A ninja with 320+ pot, hercing tro, fire tao and a water tao to revive any of the 3 that die. Just simply cast TF as often as you can, wait 6 seconds and get the troj and fire tao to wipe everyone out.

Anyone else think there should be a potion or spell that cancels out Toxic Fog?
R.I.P. Lotak: 18/07/07 - 01:10 05/10/09

How moon/vio gems affect levelling skills
Calculators courtesy of GoNz

Quote:
Originally Posted by anpaff View Post
Thread fails when Lotak comes on; its deleted or closed because you have no poll.
PM me with any CO/forum questions
Suggestions that need recommending

Do NOT PM me about posting rights. I know nothing of how it works.
Lotak is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-06-2009, 09:19   #2
J3wy

J3wy is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotak View Post
Basically, there needs to be something that cancels the effect of toxic fog.
Imagine this scenario.
There is a 320+ potency ninja on your server with fixed TF, and he casts it and everyone gets hit by it. If the average person has 12k hp, it would take 6 seconds for his hp to go down to 1.5k, by then, an easy target for any tao or hercing tro.

Currently, the only thing that prevents this is potency, but what happens when that is overcome?
All you need to win GW are 4 characters. A ninja with 320+ pot, hercing tro, fire tao and a water tao to revive any of the 3 that die. Just simply cast TF as often as you can, wait 6 seconds and get the troj and fire tao to wipe everyone out.

Anyone else think there should be a potion or spell that cancels out Toxic Fog?
So what your actually complaining about is that this new class makes the game more challenging?

I've got a suggestion... Dont go afk in pk zones and steer clear of the jail.

A: They haven't realised how incredible I am yet...

And

B: Because they haven't realised how incredibly cheap I am yet.
J3wy is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-06-2009, 09:22   #3
AEast001

AEast001 has a reputation beyond reputeAEast001 has a reputation beyond reputeAEast001 has a reputation beyond reputeAEast001 has a reputation beyond reputeAEast001 has a reputation beyond reputeAEast001 has a reputation beyond reputeAEast001 has a reputation beyond reputeAEast001 has a reputation beyond reputeAEast001 has a reputation beyond reputeAEast001 has a reputation beyond reputeAEast001 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to AEast001 Send a message via Yahoo to AEast001
Spell or Potion to cancel out a skill, lol.... Yeah lets make a potion to stop the effects of Toxic Fog rendering it a useless skill that everyone will use the potions and Toxic fog will be useless, yay... Yet another suggestion to nerf the piss out of ninja's because poor poor trojans are starting to not be the kings/queens of pk... Sad.
AEast001 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-06-2009, 09:33   #4
Lotak
Pai&Yakumo

Lotak has a reputation beyond reputeLotak has a reputation beyond reputeLotak has a reputation beyond reputeLotak has a reputation beyond reputeLotak has a reputation beyond reputeLotak has a reputation beyond reputeLotak has a reputation beyond reputeLotak has a reputation beyond reputeLotak has a reputation beyond reputeLotak has a reputation beyond reputeLotak has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by J3wy View Post
So what your actually complaining about is that this new class makes the game more challenging?

I've got a suggestion... Dont go afk in pk zones and steer clear of the jail.
Give it 2 weeks and you will see why a counter spell is needed. If you don't like the idea, thats fine. But I can tell you one thing, it will definitely NOT make this game more challenging. It will make life much easier for bulkers and pile more misery for the one's that don't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AEast001 View Post
Spell or Potion to cancel out a skill, lol.... Yeah lets make a potion to stop the effects of Toxic Fog rendering it a useless skill that everyone will use the potions and Toxic fog will be useless, yay... Yet another suggestion to nerf the piss out of ninja's because poor poor trojans are starting to not be the kings/queens of pk... Sad.
What do you mean? Spells have counter spells. For stig you have magic shield, for fly you have that ninja spell, why not the same for toxic fog? If a potion is too universal and too easily obtained, then at least let there be something that can cancel the effect. I'd have thought a water spell would be accepted, since it's a water tao's 'duty' to heal.
I'm not saying to nerf the skill! I'm saying to let there be something to counter it.

Quote:
Thread fails when Lotak comes on; its deleted or closed because you have no poll.

Old 01-06-2009, 09:39   #5
Clenk~V.5
Banned

Clenk~V.5 has a reputation beyond reputeClenk~V.5 has a reputation beyond reputeClenk~V.5 has a reputation beyond reputeClenk~V.5 has a reputation beyond reputeClenk~V.5 has a reputation beyond reputeClenk~V.5 has a reputation beyond reputeClenk~V.5 has a reputation beyond reputeClenk~V.5 has a reputation beyond reputeClenk~V.5 has a reputation beyond reputeClenk~V.5 has a reputation beyond reputeClenk~V.5 has a reputation beyond repute
glad the only 3 ninjas over 250 bp are on my side in gw. but ya, he took down 2 chars with over 320 bp by himself easily.
Clenk~V.5 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-06-2009, 09:52   #6
TaoMick

TaoMick has a reputation beyond reputeTaoMick has a reputation beyond reputeTaoMick has a reputation beyond reputeTaoMick has a reputation beyond reputeTaoMick has a reputation beyond reputeTaoMick has a reputation beyond reputeTaoMick has a reputation beyond reputeTaoMick has a reputation beyond reputeTaoMick has a reputation beyond reputeTaoMick has a reputation beyond reputeTaoMick has a reputation beyond repute
I like the idea to give the water taos a spell to cancel fog.

Last night outside dis a high level ninja sent out 3 toxic fogs and everyone was hit and ran like hell to stack the guards. At first i was pissed but then i had to laugh seeing bulkers run like crazy and having 5k drain from them. Being a tao i could cure it off easily but for others it must have been hell. Then everyone ran back up after the minute and he did it again, everyone back to the guards

Maybe this is a good example why there should be a anti-fog spell??
EliteBracelet +4 1xSPG
SuperBacksword +4 2xSPG
EliteRobe +4 SPG
Elite Boots +3

SuperHeavenFan +4
SuperStarTower +4

Working on a new main - Monk > Water > Fire.

Dreams
TaoMick is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-06-2009, 10:05   #7
Lotak
Pai&Yakumo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clenk~V.5 View Post
glad the only 3 ninjas over 250 bp are on my side in gw. but ya, he took down 2 chars with over 320 bp by himself easily.
Now imagine you had a person in your server that uber bulks and within a month will have a 130 2nd rb ninja with 325+ pot! He'll cast toxic fog in GW and within 10 seconds, 90% of the affected players will have <1k hp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaoMick View Post

Last night outside dis a high level ninja sent out 3 toxic fogs and everyone was hit and ran like hell to stack the guards. At first i was pissed but then i had to laugh seeing bulkers run like crazy and having 5k drain from them. Being a tao i could cure it off easily but for others it must have been hell. Then everyone ran back up after the minute and he did it again, everyone back to the guards

I can understand that there shouldnt be a potion that everyone can get their hands on, but I think waters should at the very least have a spell to cure it!

Quote:

Old 01-06-2009, 10:05   #8
Clenk~V.5
Banned

Clenk~V.5 has a reputation beyond reputeClenk~V.5 has a reputation beyond reputeClenk~V.5 has a reputation beyond reputeClenk~V.5 has a reputation beyond reputeClenk~V.5 has a reputation beyond reputeClenk~V.5 has a reputation beyond reputeClenk~V.5 has a reputation beyond reputeClenk~V.5 has a reputation beyond reputeClenk~V.5 has a reputation beyond reputeClenk~V.5 has a reputation beyond reputeClenk~V.5 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaoMick View Post

see trick is to fog then have an archer there scattering. anyone not paying attention gets killed. but invis or shield should be able to cancel it. invis already cancels stig/soa/dodge. but shield has became useless again since it doesnt stop any spells.
Old 01-06-2009, 14:21   #9
AEast001

AEast001 has a reputation beyond reputeAEast001 has a reputation beyond reputeAEast001 has a reputation beyond reputeAEast001 has a reputation beyond reputeAEast001 has a reputation beyond reputeAEast001 has a reputation beyond reputeAEast001 has a reputation beyond reputeAEast001 has a reputation beyond reputeAEast001 has a reputation beyond reputeAEast001 has a reputation beyond reputeAEast001 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
What do you mean? Spells have counter spells. For stig you have magic shield, for fly you have that ninja spell, why not the same for toxic fog? If a potion is too universal and too easily obtained, then at least let there be something that can cancel the effect. I'd have thought a water spell would be accepted, since it's a water tao's 'duty' to heal.
I'm not saying to nerf the skill! I'm saying to let there be something to counter it.
Well those skills you just mentioned Stig/Fly are not essential skills Stig just boosts damage, and fly well an archer can just jump around and still shoot, maybe a potion or spell that reduces its effectiveness but not make it so it doesn't work. I see were you coming from tho it is a powerful spell, and it should have some counter spell/potion to it but if you look at the skills/spells a ninja gets we dont get many at all, and all we non-rb ninjas would have is Two Fold Blades and even that isn't enough to stack up against a stig using tro fbing at us. we need a ranged attack that softens the opponents hp because a skilled jumper would be able to out manuver us. so maybe something like a said needs to be put in to counter it, but nothing that makes it not work.
Old 01-06-2009, 15:12   #10
Lotak
Pai&Yakumo

Quote:
Well those skills you just mentioned Stig/Fly are not essential skills Stig just boosts damage, and fly well an archer can just jump around and still shoot, maybe a potion or spell that reduces its effectiveness but not make it so it doesn't work. I see were you coming from tho it is a powerful spell, and it should have some counter spell/potion to it but if you look at the skills/spells a ninja gets we dont get many at all, and all we non-rb ninjas would have is Two Fold Blades and even that isn't enough to stack up against a stig using tro fbing at us. we need a ranged attack that softens the opponents hp because a skilled jumper would be able to out manuver us. so maybe something like a said needs to be put in to counter it, but nothing that makes it not work.
Not saying for something to make it not work, I'm saying for something to cancel it! There is a slight difference. Making it not work means rendering the skill useless since it won't have any effect. Having something to cancel it means something to counter the effect of the skill! The ninja can still cast TF again and again after and it would still cause havoc to most people, but there should be at least a water spell to cancel it. And it doesn't even have to be a spell that heals the poison over a set radius (kind of the opposite of what TF does), but works in the same way as stig; keep casting it on affected people!

Quote:

Old 01-06-2009, 15:18   #11
Clenk~V.5
Banned

Quote:
Now imagine you had a person in your server that uber bulks and within a month will have a 130 2nd rb ninja with 325+ pot! He'll cast toxic fog in GW and within 10 seconds, 90% of the affected players will have <1k hp.
well one of them have 297, i have 240 at lvl 116 non rb with elite weapons and super armor no +.

Quote:
Not saying for something to make it not work, I'm saying for something to cancel it! There is a slight difference. Making it not work means rendering the skill useless since it won't have any effect. Having something to cancel it means something to counter the effect of the skill! The ninja can still cast TF again and again after and it would still cause havoc to most people, but there should be at least a water spell to cancel it. And it doesn't even have to be a spell that heals the poison over a set radius (kind of the opposite of what TF does), but works in the same way as stig; keep casting it on affected people!
could be if someone casts cure/adv cure on you it stops it. it still will own pots, just not anything that was a water or fire. well actually you can learn cure just by getting the stats so anyone can cancel it, but it gives ninja an advantage if the person cant heal fast enough. but i still like shield. be it xp or mana shield. xp shield prevents you from being hit(same as it prevents stig/soa/invis/fly/int/somethingelseprobablythaticantthinkofatthismoment) and magicshield just cancels the effect that time. since you cant cast it twice on the same person, the ninja can fog again and own the person if they get hit again.
Old 01-06-2009, 15:28   #12
waterguy
omgwtfbbq

waterguy has a reputation beyond reputewaterguy has a reputation beyond reputewaterguy has a reputation beyond reputewaterguy has a reputation beyond reputewaterguy has a reputation beyond reputewaterguy has a reputation beyond reputewaterguy has a reputation beyond reputewaterguy has a reputation beyond reputewaterguy has a reputation beyond reputewaterguy has a reputation beyond reputewaterguy has a reputation beyond repute
I say yes,but make it at least cancel out poison from poison blades or poison arrows.Otherwise its like "OMG WTF MAH WATERS ADV CURE ISNT CANCELING TEH POISON OF POISON ARROW BUT IT ARE CANCELING THE POISON OF TOXIC FOG OMG WTF IM GONNA START A BOYCOT ON DBS"
Go outside and walk into a busy street. Once you have been hit by a bus, ask god for 'plvl' and 'rez plx'.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LOL View Post
How do I craft mets? I found some wierd 'sycee' metal on the ground, and I think I should be able to use this to make mets. Also, how do I eat the animals I kill? I'm level 12, and I think my guy would be really hungry by now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LOL View Post
But what happens if I don't eat for a while in game? If I die in game due to starvation, do I die IRL?
Quote:
Originally Posted by hallen v.1337 View Post
Internet cat-fights just aren't the same.
waterguy is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-06-2009, 16:29   #13
Andris
Poke-mod!

Andris has a reputation beyond reputeAndris has a reputation beyond reputeAndris has a reputation beyond reputeAndris has a reputation beyond reputeAndris has a reputation beyond reputeAndris has a reputation beyond reputeAndris has a reputation beyond reputeAndris has a reputation beyond reputeAndris has a reputation beyond reputeAndris has a reputation beyond reputeAndris has a reputation beyond repute
I'd lean more towards there being a spell like a "cure poison" spell. If there was a pot for it, i'd rather it be a semi-rare pot drop that you can't obtain from a NPC.

This is related to how I think all classes (mainly the first classes before the ninja) should be updated/tweaked in order to keep up with the games add-ons and updates.

Voting for both, but i'd live with it if only a cure poison like spell was implemented for waters.
~~~>Trojan Cruel Shade Suggestion
Quote:
I'M NOT A POKEMON!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*NoLimits*~ View Post
Forums can be more fun then the game .. atleast more happens here and people dont think they can say more because they have a higher BP. o.o
Andris is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-06-2009, 16:30   #14
AEast001

If you think if it Toxic Fog already as a counter to it, and that's the person having higher potency than the ninja using Toxic Fog, like I was fighting a trojan with 13 more potency my Toxic Fog failed 4 times before it actually hit him, so having higher potency in a way cancels out Toxic Fog, and why use Toxic Fog if you can just as easily use a potion or spell to negate its effects? So yeah, if it hits too well, maybe they should lower the chance of it hitting, but ninja's are still new so, TQ will figure something out, I really do not think their going to weaken or put poison removal potions/spells in too soon.
Old 01-06-2009, 18:06   #15
Clenk~V.5
Banned

Quote:
If you think if it Toxic Fog already as a counter to it, and that's the person having higher potency than the ninja using Toxic Fog, like I was fighting a trojan with 13 more potency my Toxic Fog failed 4 times before it actually hit him, so having higher potency in a way cancels out Toxic Fog, and why use Toxic Fog if you can just as easily use a potion or spell to negate its effects? So yeah, if it hits too well, maybe they should lower the chance of it hitting, but ninja's are still new so, TQ will figure something out, I really do not think their going to weaken or put poison removal potions/spells in too soon.
well in theory a bulker can go make their tro a ninja(yaya make a new char and stuffs) with 320 bp and basically fog will never miss anyone. before ninja it was a ***** to take down a bulker, if they make a ninja it is next to impossible.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: