Old 06-13-2012, 22:36   #46
CheekyPunk27
JesusFreak

CheekyPunk27 has a reputation beyond reputeCheekyPunk27 has a reputation beyond reputeCheekyPunk27 has a reputation beyond reputeCheekyPunk27 has a reputation beyond reputeCheekyPunk27 has a reputation beyond reputeCheekyPunk27 has a reputation beyond reputeCheekyPunk27 has a reputation beyond reputeCheekyPunk27 has a reputation beyond reputeCheekyPunk27 has a reputation beyond reputeCheekyPunk27 has a reputation beyond reputeCheekyPunk27 has a reputation beyond repute
Just beat the butcher. Act 1 was pretty easy once I got the new stuff. We'll see how act 2 goes... haha.

What skills do you use arro?

I've got:
hungering arrow - spray of teeth
cluster arrow - loaded for bear
caltrops - torturous ground
vault - tumble
elemental arrow - nether tentacles
smoke screen - displacement

Then passives
tactical advantage, steady aim and archery

Just been trying out different things (though NV is really annoying cause I don't want to change and lose it -.-)
+12 Sword ~ +12 Dagger ~ SuperRidingCrop(+6)(Bound)
Since 2004 ~ Hacked Dec 2014 ~ RIP
CheekyPunk27 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-15-2012, 08:29   #47
Arronax
Swarley

Arronax has a reputation beyond reputeArronax has a reputation beyond reputeArronax has a reputation beyond reputeArronax has a reputation beyond reputeArronax has a reputation beyond reputeArronax has a reputation beyond reputeArronax has a reputation beyond reputeArronax has a reputation beyond reputeArronax has a reputation beyond reputeArronax has a reputation beyond reputeArronax has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by CheekyPunk27 View Post
Yeah, I just re-geared up from the auction house (stuff under 50k each ). Got a lot of resist all, stun/freeze/immobilize on hit. Down to 33k hp now haha, but we'll see how it goes. Bidding on a 900ish dps 2hxbow
Don't buy weapons with +atk speed btw, cuz the IAS is factored into the dps number. 1k dps bows with +IAS do less damage than 1k dps bows without, since weapon damage is higher and skill damage is % of weapon damage. You SHOULD be able to get a 1k+ xbow/bow for like 300k or so. I'm still farming like a madman to get myself a really good one, but it's going soo slowly x_X

Quote:
Just beat the butcher. Act 1 was pretty easy once I got the new stuff. We'll see how act 2 goes... haha.

What skills do you use arro?

I've got:
hungering arrow - spray of teeth
cluster arrow - loaded for bear
caltrops - torturous ground
vault - tumble
elemental arrow - nether tentacles
smoke screen - displacement

Then passives
tactical advantage, steady aim and archery

Just been trying out different things (though NV is really annoying cause I don't want to change and lose it -.-)
Hungering arrow - devouring arrow / shatter shot (trying out shatter shot, generally use devouring arrow)
Elemental arrow - nether tentacles (Massive damage, slow projectiles, somewhat low hatred cost)
Caltrops - torturous ground
rain of vengeance - stampede (DAT KNOCKBACK <3 and no hatred cost..)
Preparation - backup plan
Smokescreen - lingering fog

Passives are: Sharpshooter, steady aim and archery.

My build is very different from yours. I see you are aiming for a ton of runspeed/mobility. Guess that could work, at least for Act 1 and maybe Act 2. Once you get to Act 3 you will want to use smokescreen a LOT. The cowmen spearthrowers are a pain in the ass, and so are the flying creatures that spit fireballs. Nether tentacles is an AWESOME spell, if you haven't already tested it you really should try it out.

Act 1 isn't that bad once you get some lvl 60 stuff.

As for act 2.. Yuck. I fricken HATE act 2. You will grow to LOVE the lacuni huntresses that appear out of nowhere to jump on your face and oneshot you. Or simply throw nades that oneshot you. And you'll love the wasps.. Not to mention the invisible snakes x_____x;;; Belial was a pain in the ass :x Let me know when you get to him. I imagine it might take you some time though, act 2 is generally a pain.

Post a screeny of your stats with the new gear btw?

Currently doing a3 siegebreaker runs. Still need quite a bit more dps to do them _really_ efficiently, as I'm dying a fair bit - mostly to normal mobs though. Reflect damage mobs are starting to become a REAL pain in the ass, as I kill myself very very quickly if I don't time my smokescreens right.

Sitting at around 104k dps - 42k-ish without sharpshooter. Will improve quite a bit next week though, will play a fair bit when the weather is bad (summer holiday <3)

Protip btw: If you stack MF on your follower (which one u using btw?) you get 20% of their MF :x My enchantress is currently sitting at 40%, which means I get 8% extra MF there. She doesn't really do any damage anyways, so I figure she can just be a mobile attackspeed/MF shrine :P

Last edited by Arronax; 06-15-2012 at 08:33.
Arronax is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-16-2012, 03:42   #48
Jerri~v.2.1
Gawh

Location: SUOMI PERKELE! Total post count on banned accounts: 27 153
Jerri~v.2.1 has a reputation beyond reputeJerri~v.2.1 has a reputation beyond reputeJerri~v.2.1 has a reputation beyond reputeJerri~v.2.1 has a reputation beyond reputeJerri~v.2.1 has a reputation beyond reputeJerri~v.2.1 has a reputation beyond reputeJerri~v.2.1 has a reputation beyond reputeJerri~v.2.1 has a reputation beyond reputeJerri~v.2.1 has a reputation beyond reputeJerri~v.2.1 has a reputation beyond reputeJerri~v.2.1 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arronax View Post
Protip btw: If you stack MF on your follower (which one u using btw?) you get 20% of their MF :x My enchantress is currently sitting at 40%, which means I get 8% extra MF there. She doesn't really do any damage anyways, so I figure she can just be a mobile attackspeed/MF shrine :P
Yup, the attack speed is what I use her for. Gives me extra 1k or so DPS xD
***9600;***9600;***9600;***9600;***9600;***9600;***9600;***9600;***9600;***9600;***9600;***9600;***9600;***9600;***9600;***9600;***9600;***9600;***9600;***9600;***9600;***9600;***9600;***9600;***9600;***9600;***9600;***9600;***9600;***9600;***9600;***9600;***9600;***9600;***9600;***9600;***9600;***9600;***9600;***9600;***9600;***9600;***9600;***9600;***9600;***9600;***9600;***9600;***9600;***9600;***9600;***9600;
NinjaAnanta ~ [Ninja-Ninja-Ninja][130-130-138][Potency: 301(315)]
***9600;***9600;***9600;***9600;***9600;***9600;***9600;***9600;***9600;***9600;***9600;***9600;***9600;***9600;***9600;***9600;***9600;***9600;***9600;***9600;***9600;***9600;***9600;***9600;***9600;***9600;***9600;***9600;***9600;***9600;***9600;***9600;***9600;***9600;***9600;***9600;***9600;***9600;***9600;***9600;***9600;***9600;***9600;***9600;***9600;***9600;***9600;***9600;***9600;***9600;***9600;***9600;

Jerri~v.2.1 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-16-2012, 23:13   #49
CheekyPunk27
JesusFreak

CheekyPunk27 has a reputation beyond reputeCheekyPunk27 has a reputation beyond reputeCheekyPunk27 has a reputation beyond reputeCheekyPunk27 has a reputation beyond reputeCheekyPunk27 has a reputation beyond reputeCheekyPunk27 has a reputation beyond reputeCheekyPunk27 has a reputation beyond reputeCheekyPunk27 has a reputation beyond reputeCheekyPunk27 has a reputation beyond reputeCheekyPunk27 has a reputation beyond reputeCheekyPunk27 has a reputation beyond repute
I mostly use vault to run away, cause the discipline cost is cheaper. but maybe SS is better later. I dunno, I put it on 4, and only use 3 fingers, so I use it when I remember xD

I'm trying to rely on my on hit stuff, freeze, stun, immobilize etc. It makes bosses easy cause it will stop them pretty often. But yeah, didn't realise skills scaled off only weapon damage, rather than the dps.

I tried Act 2 inferno, got owned so easily by the normal mobs, haha. Is there any way to stop that? More armour/resists? Or best way to own them before they hit you?
Attached Thumbnails
stats.jpg  
Old 06-17-2012, 08:49   #50
Arronax
Swarley

Arronax has a reputation beyond reputeArronax has a reputation beyond reputeArronax has a reputation beyond reputeArronax has a reputation beyond reputeArronax has a reputation beyond reputeArronax has a reputation beyond reputeArronax has a reputation beyond reputeArronax has a reputation beyond reputeArronax has a reputation beyond reputeArronax has a reputation beyond reputeArronax has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
I mostly use vault to run away, cause the discipline cost is cheaper. but maybe SS is better later. I dunno, I put it on 4, and only use 3 fingers, so I use it when I remember xD

I'm trying to rely on my on hit stuff, freeze, stun, immobilize etc. It makes bosses easy cause it will stop them pretty often. But yeah, didn't realise skills scaled off only weapon damage, rather than the dps.

I tried Act 2 inferno, got owned so easily by the normal mobs, haha. Is there any way to stop that? More armour/resists? Or best way to own them before they hit you?
Hehe yeah I like vault a lot myself, it's just kind of useless in A3 :P Mostly smokescreen and throw out a barrage of nether tentacles before resuming the regular kiting (run, throw out a shot or two, run etc).

On hit stuff is so very, very RNG dependant - and I don't think it works on raremobs (yellow ones with minions). At least regular stuns don't appear to work on those.

The only way to get through act 2 is damage. All out damage. I had around 80k with sharpshooter when I killed Belial, and even then it was pretty hard. I hate Act 2, mostly because of the mob types. Don't think resists / armor will do you that much good. It's the difference between getting killed in one hit, or getting killed in two. Surviving one hit means sacrificing a lot of DPS, so it's just not worth it in my opinion. I have seen threads on the forum about DH's who go more "tanky", but I honestly can't imagine it being any good. Killing things will take far too long for it to be worth it.
Old 06-19-2012, 14:10   #51
ivanas-tao
Princess

ivanas-tao has a reputation beyond reputeivanas-tao has a reputation beyond reputeivanas-tao has a reputation beyond reputeivanas-tao has a reputation beyond reputeivanas-tao has a reputation beyond reputeivanas-tao has a reputation beyond reputeivanas-tao has a reputation beyond reputeivanas-tao has a reputation beyond reputeivanas-tao has a reputation beyond reputeivanas-tao has a reputation beyond reputeivanas-tao has a reputation beyond repute
Me and my bf bought 1 game bcus i didn't know if i felt like playing.
So he plays all the male chars and I play all the female chars
I just cba to play alot i get bored of it rather fast.

ivanas-tao water-water-water ( 110-130-140)

<3 my little guy <3 Yuki 14-01-2013

-***1504;***1108;***1103;***1103;***953;- .____. zegt:
brb sticking sum pancakes in mah arsť <.<

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrojOwn View Post
omg

here i call this:

CERTIFICATE OF WEIRDNESS
given by TrojOwn
You are now officially weird: ivanas-tao
gratz
Quote:
Superior<----best mommy in the world
ivanas-tao is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-19-2012, 17:46   #52
Arronax
Swarley

TO ANANTA: HI SWEETIEPIE <3 So I herd you got kind of annoyed at not finding Chiltara last night. Thought I'd just make this quick post here to tell you that I decided to take a shot at finding her myself Took me two tries, but I finally found her!

...Now I just need to figure out if I want to bother even making the staff.
Attached Thumbnails
Screenshot012.jpg  
Old 06-19-2012, 18:13   #53
Arronax
Swarley

In other news: Decided to do some progress on A3 Inf, and kicked Azzy's teeth in pretty good

104k dps or so; 22,9k hp :P

Bat companion
Mark of death with hatred regen rune
Preparation with chance to not trigger CD
Smokescreen increased dura
Devouring arrow
Elemental arrow with nether tentacle rune

Nuke, nuke, puke loot :P
Attached Thumbnails
Screenshot015.jpg  
Old 06-20-2012, 06:19   #54
CheekyPunk27
JesusFreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arronax View Post
In other news: Decided to do some progress on A3 Inf, and kicked Azzy's teeth in pretty good

104k dps or so; 22,9k hp :P

Bat companion
Mark of death with hatred regen rune
Preparation with chance to not trigger CD
Smokescreen increased dura
Devouring arrow
Elemental arrow with nether tentacle rune

Nuke, nuke, puke loot :P
nicee, i still needa keep farming act 1
Old 06-20-2012, 07:58   #55
Arronax
Swarley

Quote:
nicee, i still needa keep farming act 1
After today's patch I don't think I can even do siegebreaker. I mean really - a boss with reflect damage. :< I'll just set up camp in A1 for a while. x_x
Old 07-30-2012, 20:06   #56
Dex3
Pain Train

Dex3 has a reputation beyond reputeDex3 has a reputation beyond reputeDex3 has a reputation beyond reputeDex3 has a reputation beyond reputeDex3 has a reputation beyond reputeDex3 has a reputation beyond reputeDex3 has a reputation beyond reputeDex3 has a reputation beyond reputeDex3 has a reputation beyond reputeDex3 has a reputation beyond reputeDex3 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Dex3
How exactly you go about farming sense you can't farm the bosses? Just go threw the acts killing the elites and champions and opening chests?
Old 08-24-2012, 23:41   #57
CheekyPunk27
JesusFreak

patched.

might actually try it again. I want some legendaries now.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: