Old 03-27-2010, 13:45   #106
krizz
Banned

krizz has a reputation beyond reputekrizz has a reputation beyond reputekrizz has a reputation beyond reputekrizz has a reputation beyond reputekrizz has a reputation beyond reputekrizz has a reputation beyond reputekrizz has a reputation beyond reputekrizz has a reputation beyond reputekrizz has a reputation beyond reputekrizz has a reputation beyond reputekrizz has a reputation beyond repute
6-ish years
krizz is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-27-2010, 14:44   #107
*~panda~*
Banned

*~panda~* has a reputation beyond repute*~panda~* has a reputation beyond repute*~panda~* has a reputation beyond repute*~panda~* has a reputation beyond repute*~panda~* has a reputation beyond repute*~panda~* has a reputation beyond repute*~panda~* has a reputation beyond repute*~panda~* has a reputation beyond repute*~panda~* has a reputation beyond repute*~panda~* has a reputation beyond repute*~panda~* has a reputation beyond repute
in the end, no one is a veteran because its just a game lol
*~panda~* is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-27-2010, 14:56   #108
Doc.ackerson
Community's Choice

Doc.ackerson has a reputation beyond reputeDoc.ackerson has a reputation beyond reputeDoc.ackerson has a reputation beyond reputeDoc.ackerson has a reputation beyond reputeDoc.ackerson has a reputation beyond reputeDoc.ackerson has a reputation beyond reputeDoc.ackerson has a reputation beyond reputeDoc.ackerson has a reputation beyond reputeDoc.ackerson has a reputation beyond reputeDoc.ackerson has a reputation beyond reputeDoc.ackerson has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by *~panda~* View Post
in the end, no one is a veteran because its just a game lol

this game = an activity

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/veteran
vet·er·an (vtr-n, vtrn)
n.
1. A person who is long experienced or practiced in an activity or capacity: a veteran of political campaigns.
2. A person who has served in the armed forces: "Privilege, a token income . . . were allowed for veterans of both world wars" (Mavis Gallant).
3. An old soldier who has seen long service.
adj.
1. Having had long experience or practice: a veteran actor.
2. Of or relating to former members of the armed forces: veteran benefits.
Doc.ackerson is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-27-2010, 15:05   #109
*~panda~*
Banned

*~panda~* has a reputation beyond repute*~panda~* has a reputation beyond repute*~panda~* has a reputation beyond repute*~panda~* has a reputation beyond repute*~panda~* has a reputation beyond repute*~panda~* has a reputation beyond repute*~panda~* has a reputation beyond repute*~panda~* has a reputation beyond repute*~panda~* has a reputation beyond repute*~panda~* has a reputation beyond repute*~panda~* has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc.ackerson View Post
this game = an activity

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/veteran
vet·er·an (vtr-n, vtrn)
n.
1. A person who is long experienced or practiced in an activity or capacity: a veteran of political campaigns.
2. A person who has served in the armed forces: "Privilege, a token income . . . were allowed for veterans of both world wars" (Mavis Gallant).
3. An old soldier who has seen long service.
adj.
1. Having had long experience or practice: a veteran actor.
2. Of or relating to former members of the armed forces: veteran benefits.
you sure are a veteran in being annoying.

Practiced in Co? If that is the thing you wish to practice then I feel sorry for you.

imo 1 year isn't a long experience.
*~panda~* is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-27-2010, 15:22   #110
pogo
Oh Noes!!!

pogo has a reputation beyond reputepogo has a reputation beyond reputepogo has a reputation beyond reputepogo has a reputation beyond reputepogo has a reputation beyond reputepogo has a reputation beyond reputepogo has a reputation beyond reputepogo has a reputation beyond reputepogo has a reputation beyond reputepogo has a reputation beyond reputepogo has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:

Practiced in Co? If that is the thing you wish to practice then I feel sorry for you.

I am in agreeance with you.
I find it hard to class anyone a vet of this game who joined post 2008.
Old 03-27-2010, 15:38   #111
Doc.ackerson
Community's Choice

Doc.ackerson has a reputation beyond reputeDoc.ackerson has a reputation beyond reputeDoc.ackerson has a reputation beyond reputeDoc.ackerson has a reputation beyond reputeDoc.ackerson has a reputation beyond reputeDoc.ackerson has a reputation beyond reputeDoc.ackerson has a reputation beyond reputeDoc.ackerson has a reputation beyond reputeDoc.ackerson has a reputation beyond reputeDoc.ackerson has a reputation beyond reputeDoc.ackerson has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by pogo View Post
I am in agreeance with you.
I find it hard to class anyone a vet of this game who joined post 2008.
fine, It is your opinion. I do not argue with your right to decide in your mind.

however, someone who only played the year of 2004 is not a veteran according to you. I just disagree.
Old 03-27-2010, 15:42   #112
Doc.ackerson
Community's Choice

Panda DOES consider some who played just a year a veteran :

Quote:
you can't even compare 1 day of 2009 to 2006. I consider someone that played a year in 2005 - 2006 a veteran while I would call someone that plays since 2009-2010 octoberish not a veteran. Why? Because they never knew what lvling a char actually means. Everything after 2008 decemberish when talis came out, is not considered playing the game at all. I play since the days we had to actually grind for xp. Now you can sit in tc, do arena, do events, starter bound quests, .. aka get major xp while doing nothing. Unlike the old days where 1 exp balls worth of xp was godlike. Dis city was the greatest of events, biggest rewarding quest. Everyone came, never ending pile of people before the npc at the time it started. Now you are lucky on 2.0 if you get past the flanks. Classic makes it to pluto but soon enough that too will go away.

I mean, some people wouldn't care about doing dis since there are plenty of ways to get xp for them apart from dis. Flame lit for example, ruined gw completely. At royalty we still have an awesome gw, however the world chat gets spammed with "open gates ***ers, we wne do flame lit" by random noobs. GW is seen as a big fat 12 xp ball reward instead of the thing it really represents. Being the top guild.

doc your ignorance knows no limits. Sure those that started at 2009 can gather some experience, learn something about tq because of your 1k posts a month complaining about tq, but they will never be a veteran in the eyes of the real veterans.

Those that never knew the agony of lvling to 130 will never know the horrors that co had, the competition, the happyness when you reached something. Now its .. yay 130.. again. Back then it was like "I heard someone on server xx got 130!" "really? sweet, I'd like to be 130" ..
Old 03-27-2010, 15:43   #113
Doc.ackerson
Community's Choice

Panda says anything.. means nothing.
Old 03-27-2010, 15:48   #114
Doc.ackerson
Community's Choice

Panda the snobish person says those who started in 2009 will never be a veteran " eyes of the real veterans."

i think some have already disagreed with him on that !

He says they cant ever be called vets, ( even if they play for 10 more years ).

Quote:
you can't even compare 1 day of 2009 to 2006. I consider someone that played a year in 2005 - 2006 a veteran while I would call someone that plays since 2009-2010 octoberish not a veteran. Why? Because they never knew what lvling a char actually means. Everything after 2008 decemberish when talis came out, is not considered playing the game at all. I play since the days we had to actually grind for xp. Now you can sit in tc, do arena, do events, starter bound quests, .. aka get major xp while doing nothing. Unlike the old days where 1 exp balls worth of xp was godlike. Dis city was the greatest of events, biggest rewarding quest. Everyone came, never ending pile of people before the npc at the time it started. Now you are lucky on 2.0 if you get past the flanks. Classic makes it to pluto but soon enough that too will go away.

I mean, some people wouldn't care about doing dis since there are plenty of ways to get xp for them apart from dis. Flame lit for example, ruined gw completely. At royalty we still have an awesome gw, however the world chat gets spammed with "open gates ***ers, we wne do flame lit" by random noobs. GW is seen as a big fat 12 xp ball reward instead of the thing it really represents. Being the top guild.

doc your ignorance knows no limits. Sure those that started at 2009 can gather some experience, learn something about tq because of your 1k posts a month complaining about tq, but they will never be a veteran in the eyes of the real veterans.

Those that never knew the agony of lvling to 130 will never know the horrors that co had, the competition, the happyness when you reached something. Now its .. yay 130.. again. Back then it was like "I heard someone on server xx got 130!" "really? sweet, I'd like to be 130" ..

Last edited by Doc.ackerson; 03-27-2010 at 15:51.
Old 03-27-2010, 17:07   #115
InternetAdult

InternetAdult has a reputation beyond reputeInternetAdult has a reputation beyond reputeInternetAdult has a reputation beyond reputeInternetAdult has a reputation beyond reputeInternetAdult has a reputation beyond reputeInternetAdult has a reputation beyond reputeInternetAdult has a reputation beyond reputeInternetAdult has a reputation beyond reputeInternetAdult has a reputation beyond reputeInternetAdult has a reputation beyond reputeInternetAdult has a reputation beyond repute
My post was deleted, I guess that means I fail. These forums used to be cool, just like this game. So I guess I will state when I started playing, yet again. 2003 or 2004, the game had only been released a few weeks prior to my joining. So.....one or the other, I just can't remember.

If my posts get deleted for speaking my mind, and or the truth, then heck....why not just take away television, internet, the right to express your sexuality, religion, telephones, public assembly, non-work related conversation, literature, and all other forms of entertainment. Then nobody will be offended by anything. Success!

*Edit!*

I would like to add that I understand both sides of this argument. People that have played in the last few years have yet to experience true challenge when it comes to conquer, they possibly never will.

That being said, to say that someone who played for a year in 2004-2005 is a veteran, but someone who played a year in 2008-2009 is not....is just plain silly! Are the veterans of WW1 not really veterans because WW2 was harder? Or vice versa? I don't mean veterans in the military sense, its just an example, maybe not the perfect one :P

~Nyu~ Monk-War-Fire L139

Violaceous Water-War-Pirate L139

Last edited by InternetAdult; 03-27-2010 at 17:18.
InternetAdult is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-27-2010, 17:20   #116
Fa1nT
Kekekekeke

Fa1nT has a reputation beyond reputeFa1nT has a reputation beyond reputeFa1nT has a reputation beyond reputeFa1nT has a reputation beyond reputeFa1nT has a reputation beyond reputeFa1nT has a reputation beyond reputeFa1nT has a reputation beyond reputeFa1nT has a reputation beyond reputeFa1nT has a reputation beyond reputeFa1nT has a reputation beyond reputeFa1nT has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by InternetAdult View Post
If my posts get deleted for speaking my mind, and or the truth, then heck....why not just take away television, internet, the right to express your sexuality, religion, telephones, public assembly, non-work related conversation, literature, and all other forms of entertainment. Then nobody will be offended by anything. Success!
Welcome to Chinese MMOs?

Haha.
Fa1nT is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-27-2010, 17:22   #117
InternetAdult

InternetAdult has a reputation beyond reputeInternetAdult has a reputation beyond reputeInternetAdult has a reputation beyond reputeInternetAdult has a reputation beyond reputeInternetAdult has a reputation beyond reputeInternetAdult has a reputation beyond reputeInternetAdult has a reputation beyond reputeInternetAdult has a reputation beyond reputeInternetAdult has a reputation beyond reputeInternetAdult has a reputation beyond reputeInternetAdult has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fa1nT View Post
Welcome to Chinese MMOs?

Haha.
I know right xD

~Nyu~ Monk-War-Fire L139

Violaceous Water-War-Pirate L139
InternetAdult is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-27-2010, 17:58   #118
Doc.ackerson
Community's Choice

Quote:
My post was deleted, I guess that means I fail. These forums used to be cool, just like this game. So I guess I will state when I started playing, yet again. 2003 or 2004, the game had only been released a few weeks prior to my joining. So.....one or the other, I just can't remember.

*Edit!*

I would like to add that I understand both sides of this argument. People that have played in the last few years have yet to experience true challenge when it comes to conquer, they possibly never will.

That being said, to say that someone who played for a year in 2004-2005 is a veteran, but someone who played a year in 2008-2009 is not....is just plain silly! Are the veterans of WW1 not really veterans because WW2 was harder? Or vice versa? I don't mean veterans in the military sense, its just an example, maybe not the perfect one :P
Yes, a veteran is a veteran. Even if the game changes.

Veterans of 2004 are veterans -- of 2004. Vererans of the current game version -- are veterans of the current game version.

A veteran is a veteran.
Old 03-27-2010, 18:11   #119
Electra_Glide
Giddy Up

Electra_Glide has a reputation beyond reputeElectra_Glide has a reputation beyond reputeElectra_Glide has a reputation beyond reputeElectra_Glide has a reputation beyond reputeElectra_Glide has a reputation beyond reputeElectra_Glide has a reputation beyond reputeElectra_Glide has a reputation beyond reputeElectra_Glide has a reputation beyond reputeElectra_Glide has a reputation beyond reputeElectra_Glide has a reputation beyond reputeElectra_Glide has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
My post was deleted, I guess that means I fail. They Fail These forums used to be cool, just like this game.
This forum is owned by TQ/NetDragon, or what ever name they want to hide beneath to avoid lawsuits. They can curtail any truth they want, but eventually it will come back to hit them in the wallet.

If my posts get deleted for speaking my mind, and or the truth, then heck....why not just take away television, internet, the right to express your sexuality, religion, telephones, public assembly, non-work related conversation, literature, and all other forms of entertainment. Then nobody will be offended by anything. Success! What if someone farted?

*Edit!*

I would like to add that I understand both sides of this argument. People that have played in the last few years have yet to experience true challenge when it comes to conquer, they possibly never will. Buying DB's?

lol Let the veterans speak about the game, and watch all the deletions day and night.
Electra_Glide is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-27-2010, 18:14   #120
PanicAtTheDisco
wut

PanicAtTheDisco has a reputation beyond reputePanicAtTheDisco has a reputation beyond reputePanicAtTheDisco has a reputation beyond reputePanicAtTheDisco has a reputation beyond reputePanicAtTheDisco has a reputation beyond reputePanicAtTheDisco has a reputation beyond reputePanicAtTheDisco has a reputation beyond reputePanicAtTheDisco has a reputation beyond reputePanicAtTheDisco has a reputation beyond reputePanicAtTheDisco has a reputation beyond reputePanicAtTheDisco has a reputation beyond repute
not many left, cool story bro.

2004 edit: or 03??? dunno im as veteran as it gets
PanicAtTheDisco is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: