Old 08-17-2012, 07:05   #1
53cr37 W34p0n
Masamunian

53cr37 W34p0n has a reputation beyond repute53cr37 W34p0n has a reputation beyond repute53cr37 W34p0n has a reputation beyond repute53cr37 W34p0n has a reputation beyond repute53cr37 W34p0n has a reputation beyond repute53cr37 W34p0n has a reputation beyond repute53cr37 W34p0n has a reputation beyond repute53cr37 W34p0n has a reputation beyond repute53cr37 W34p0n has a reputation beyond repute53cr37 W34p0n has a reputation beyond repute53cr37 W34p0n has a reputation beyond repute
Attention Deficit (Hyperactivity) Disorder ADD/ADHD

I'm having one of those "research for hours and write an essay about it" moments.

Many, many moments.

I'm only going to list the adult version since we're all adults here.
Adult ADHD

"Individuals with ADHD have deficiencies with self-regulation and self-motivation, that cause problems with distractibility, procrastination, organization, and prioritization. The learning potential and overall intelligence of an adult with ADHD, however, are no different from the potential and intelligence of adults who do not have the disorder. Adults with ADHD are often perceived by others as chaotic and disorganized, with a tendency to need high stimulation to be less distracted and function effectively. Additionally, many adults suffer from associated or "co-morbid" psychiatric conditions such as depression or anxiety. Many with ADHD also have associated learning disabilities, such as dyslexia, which contributes to their difficulties.

Symptoms of ADHD can vary widely between individuals and throughout the lifetime of an individual. As the neurobiology of ADHD is becoming increasingly understood, it is becoming evident that difficulties exhibited by individuals with ADHD are due to problems with the brain known as executive functioning. These result in problems with sustaining attention, planning, organizing, prioritizing, and impulsive thinking/decision making.

The difficulties generated by these symptoms can range from moderate to extreme. Inability to effectively structure their lives, plan daily tasks, or think of consequences results in various difficulties: poor performance in school and work leading to underachievement in these areas, in young adults poor driving record with traffic violations, as well as histories of alcoholism or substance abuse. As problems accumulate, a negativistic self-view becomes established and a vicious circle of failure is set up. Up to 80% of adults may have some form of psychiatric co-morbidity. The difficulty is often due to the ADHD person's observed behaviour (e.g. the impulsive types, who may insult their boss for instance, resulting in dismissal), despite genuinely trying to avoid these and knowing that it can get them in trouble. Often, the ADHD person will miss things that an adult of similar age and experience should catch onto or know. These lapses can lead others to label the individuals with ADHD as "lazy" or "stupid" or "inconsiderate"."

Symptoms of Inattentive-type (ADHD-I)
  • Procrastination
  • Indecision, difficulty recalling and organizing details required for a task
  • Poor time management, losing track of time
  • Avoiding tasks or jobs that require sustained attention
  • Dif***64257;culty initiating tasks
  • Dif***64257;culty completing and following through on tasks
  • Dif***64257;culty multitasking
  • Dif***64257;culty shifting attention from one task to another

Symptoms of Hyperactive/Impulsive-type (ADHD-H)
  • Chooses highly active, stimulating jobs
  • Avoids situations with low physical activity or sedentary work
  • May choose to work long hours or two jobs
  • Seeks constant activity
  • Easily bored
  • Impatient
  • Intolerant to frustration, easily irritated
  • Impulsive, snap decisions and irresponsible behaviors
  • Loses temper easily, angers quickly

There's also a third ADHD diagnosis, which is both ADHD-I and ADHD-H combined.

Structured Adult ADHD Self-Test

I was suspected to have a hyperactivity disorder at age three, and diagnosed with the combined-type ADHD when I was six years old. I'm pretty sure that I've either learned to cope with the hyperactivity part, or I never had it, but either way I believe I only have the inattentive-type, or just ADD, now.
I have several co-morbid disorders: social anxiety disorder, panic disorder, depression, substance abuse, obsessive compulsive disorder, possibly obsessive compulsive personality disorder, including oppositional defiant disorder and persistent bed wetting until I was twelve years old, as well as near diagnoses of bipolar disorder and antisocial personality disorder (doctors thought I was a sociopath when I was very young).

Although another possible explanation is "Intellectual Giftedness". I match the high majority of characteristics.

A hilarious quote I found during my studies.
"People with ADHD have an increased risk of substance abuse, and stimulant medications reduce this risk."
Quote Source
Study Source

The Legendary MasamuneXero

Quote:
Originally posted by JoeyStorm
u r a legend
Quote:
Originally posted by Greystar
losers quit heros take long breaks the masamunian will return i smell it
Past forum accounts:

Secret Weapon
SecretWeapon
Secret b&
Secret b& agin
Secret b& V.2
V.3/4/5/6/7/8/9/10/11...(etc)
Secret Imolated
Secret Imolate

You can't stop the machine.
53cr37 W34p0n is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-17-2012, 07:42   #2
Heyga4Huk
noble ftw

Heyga4Huk has a reputation beyond reputeHeyga4Huk has a reputation beyond reputeHeyga4Huk has a reputation beyond reputeHeyga4Huk has a reputation beyond reputeHeyga4Huk has a reputation beyond reputeHeyga4Huk has a reputation beyond reputeHeyga4Huk has a reputation beyond reputeHeyga4Huk has a reputation beyond reputeHeyga4Huk has a reputation beyond reputeHeyga4Huk has a reputation beyond reputeHeyga4Huk has a reputation beyond repute
psychiatrists have a mental disorder name for every single type/personality.

if a psychiatrist went back 1000 years, he would find that everyone in the world is "crazy" and vice versa.

First wat-war-tro on Unicorn.
130 wat-130 war-130 tro on Unicorn.

This is Bulgaria.
Heyga4Huk is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-17-2012, 07:48   #3
53cr37 W34p0n
Masamunian

53cr37 W34p0n has a reputation beyond repute53cr37 W34p0n has a reputation beyond repute53cr37 W34p0n has a reputation beyond repute53cr37 W34p0n has a reputation beyond repute53cr37 W34p0n has a reputation beyond repute53cr37 W34p0n has a reputation beyond repute53cr37 W34p0n has a reputation beyond repute53cr37 W34p0n has a reputation beyond repute53cr37 W34p0n has a reputation beyond repute53cr37 W34p0n has a reputation beyond repute53cr37 W34p0n has a reputation beyond repute
Insanity is thinking differently than the majority.

Quote:
u r a legend
Quote:
Past forum accounts:

Secret Weapon
SecretWeapon
Secret b&
Secret b& agin
Secret b& V.2
Secret Imolated
Secret Imolate

Old 08-17-2012, 08:07   #4
Timbuktu
Banned

Timbuktu is on a distinguished road
Psychiatrists are crazy.

Especially those hired from the governments.
Timbuktu is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-17-2012, 08:13   #5
Heyga4Huk
noble ftw

Heyga4Huk has a reputation beyond reputeHeyga4Huk has a reputation beyond reputeHeyga4Huk has a reputation beyond reputeHeyga4Huk has a reputation beyond reputeHeyga4Huk has a reputation beyond reputeHeyga4Huk has a reputation beyond reputeHeyga4Huk has a reputation beyond reputeHeyga4Huk has a reputation beyond reputeHeyga4Huk has a reputation beyond reputeHeyga4Huk has a reputation beyond reputeHeyga4Huk has a reputation beyond repute
yes and yes.

This is Bulgaria.
Old 08-17-2012, 11:17   #6
53cr37 W34p0n
Masamunian

Psychiatrists aren't crazy. They give people with a disorder that makes them hyperactive and highly susceptible to substance abuse disorder a substance that makes them hyperactive and it's highly abusable.

Makes sense to me.

Quote:
u r a legend
Quote:
Past forum accounts:

Secret Weapon
SecretWeapon
Secret b&
Secret b& agin
Secret b& V.2
Secret Imolated
Secret Imolate

Old 08-17-2012, 21:33   #7
Sepharius
Nuisance

Sepharius has a reputation beyond reputeSepharius has a reputation beyond reputeSepharius has a reputation beyond reputeSepharius has a reputation beyond reputeSepharius has a reputation beyond reputeSepharius has a reputation beyond reputeSepharius has a reputation beyond reputeSepharius has a reputation beyond reputeSepharius has a reputation beyond reputeSepharius has a reputation beyond reputeSepharius has a reputation beyond repute
I just read the shiny blue links.
Old 08-17-2012, 22:41   #8
yang3617
Falon

yang3617 has a reputation beyond reputeyang3617 has a reputation beyond reputeyang3617 has a reputation beyond reputeyang3617 has a reputation beyond reputeyang3617 has a reputation beyond reputeyang3617 has a reputation beyond reputeyang3617 has a reputation beyond reputeyang3617 has a reputation beyond reputeyang3617 has a reputation beyond reputeyang3617 has a reputation beyond reputeyang3617 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via ICQ to yang3617 Send a message via AIM to yang3617 Send a message via Yahoo to yang3617 Send a message via Skype™ to yang3617
Apparently, every child has ADD/ADHD.

Feed em pills that have worse effects than the "disorder." He's depressed? Give him anti-depressants that can make him suicidal. He's thinking too much? Give him 2 grams of depakote and make him a zombie. Lovely.

Psychiatrists and pharmas: "solving" chemical imbalances for millions of dollars per day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mecha_chaos View Post
PEOPLE I WANT TO KILL COZ IM SO JEALOUS AT HOW COOL THEY ARE:
fury, dark, iceh, falon, mogsy, kittykat, hellicios, trigeki, elite dragon,Skutria, magic onion, dac vin, xioa bai, a5ka, bobbleness, abbygail, bicep, draggonik, mistresskitty, tristesse, Seiken, tallas, Usagi, Darnell0216, Falon, replica, saban, somnica, yang3617, White_Shadow, Godofdarkness, nash0r3, raptoot, Waterlin r da COOLEST
yang3617 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-18-2012, 01:09   #9
thehempknight
Your Ruler

thehempknight has a reputation beyond reputethehempknight has a reputation beyond reputethehempknight has a reputation beyond reputethehempknight has a reputation beyond reputethehempknight has a reputation beyond reputethehempknight has a reputation beyond reputethehempknight has a reputation beyond reputethehempknight has a reputation beyond reputethehempknight has a reputation beyond reputethehempknight has a reputation beyond reputethehempknight has a reputation beyond repute
ADD?

Moar liek ADDicted, amirite?
s
m

I hate it when it drips like that....

Official Unofficial NonMember of the BACONEERS!!!!11eleven

There's no point for democracy when ignorance is celebrated.

The saline from your tear ducts energizes my ego.
thehempknight is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-18-2012, 21:59   #10
53cr37 W34p0n
Masamunian

Get out of here, Hemp. Not everybody is addicted to drugs. There's a difference between addiction and ingesting larger amounts than prescribed.

Quote:
u r a legend
Quote:
Past forum accounts:

Secret Weapon
SecretWeapon
Secret b&
Secret b& agin
Secret b& V.2
Secret Imolated
Secret Imolate

Old 08-19-2012, 03:03   #11
Wayne Brady :(
Gentleman

Wayne Brady :( has a reputation beyond reputeWayne Brady :( has a reputation beyond reputeWayne Brady :( has a reputation beyond reputeWayne Brady :( has a reputation beyond reputeWayne Brady :( has a reputation beyond reputeWayne Brady :( has a reputation beyond reputeWayne Brady :( has a reputation beyond reputeWayne Brady :( has a reputation beyond reputeWayne Brady :( has a reputation beyond reputeWayne Brady :( has a reputation beyond reputeWayne Brady :( has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by 53cr37 W34p0n View Post
Get out of here, Hemp. Not everybody is addicted to drugs. There's a difference between addiction and ingesting larger amounts than prescribed.
You are addicted though.
Old 08-19-2012, 20:27   #12
53cr37 W34p0n
Masamunian

I just went two days without taking any amphetamine at all, so there.

Quote:
u r a legend
Quote:
Past forum accounts:

Secret Weapon
SecretWeapon
Secret b&
Secret b& agin
Secret b& V.2
Secret Imolated
Secret Imolate

Old 08-19-2012, 21:24   #13
CornFlakes:o
Désolé

CornFlakes:o has a reputation beyond reputeCornFlakes:o has a reputation beyond reputeCornFlakes:o has a reputation beyond reputeCornFlakes:o has a reputation beyond reputeCornFlakes:o has a reputation beyond reputeCornFlakes:o has a reputation beyond reputeCornFlakes:o has a reputation beyond reputeCornFlakes:o has a reputation beyond reputeCornFlakes:o has a reputation beyond reputeCornFlakes:o has a reputation beyond reputeCornFlakes:o has a reputation beyond repute
heyga u might be interested in neurodiversity seeing as how you hold such a negative attitude towards psychology >.>"

to put it plain and simple

"each brain is unique" is the whole neurodiversity thing

longer story

"a blue flower goes to a psychologist (which is a sunflower) because the blue flower doesn't look like a sunflower it is given certain meds to make it look more yellow

a red flower goes to the psychologist and is given meds to make it less red

etc..."

flowers represent the different types of minds

blah blah blah ur not stupid u get wat i mean =-=
CornFlakes:o is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-19-2012, 23:11   #14
53cr37 W34p0n
Masamunian

Heyga has the same mindset that super religious people do. They all think that medicine is a pseudoscience and that you can cure yourself of everything by simply thinking yourself healthy or praying to God.

Quote:
u r a legend
Quote:
Past forum accounts:

Secret Weapon
SecretWeapon
Secret b&
Secret b& agin
Secret b& V.2
Secret Imolated
Secret Imolate

Old 08-20-2012, 00:47   #15
Heyga4Huk
noble ftw

Quote:
Originally Posted by CornFlakes:o View Post
heyga u might be interested in neurodiversity seeing as how you hold such a negative attitude towards psychology >.>"

to put it plain and simple

"each brain is unique" is the whole neurodiversity thing

longer story

"a blue flower goes to a psychologist (which is a sunflower) because the blue flower doesn't look like a sunflower it is given certain meds to make it look more yellow

a red flower goes to the psychologist and is given meds to make it less red

etc..."

flowers represent the different types of minds

blah blah blah ur not stupid u get wat i mean =-=
i see what you did there. you related psychiatry with medicine.

i've had my fair share of witnessing prescriptions of mind-altering drugs to be naive and willing to drink any pill suggested to me.

This is Bulgaria.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: