Old 03-26-2010, 16:17   #1
Miss~Led
Insane

Miss~Led has a reputation beyond reputeMiss~Led has a reputation beyond reputeMiss~Led has a reputation beyond reputeMiss~Led has a reputation beyond reputeMiss~Led has a reputation beyond reputeMiss~Led has a reputation beyond reputeMiss~Led has a reputation beyond reputeMiss~Led has a reputation beyond reputeMiss~Led has a reputation beyond reputeMiss~Led has a reputation beyond reputeMiss~Led has a reputation beyond repute
Pc advice... well sort of lol

ok. so once in a blue moon my computer goes weird with my headsets for voice chat (obviously lol)

I run xp got standard onboard sound bla bla pretty old rig does what needs to right.

Anyway getting back to it

My headsets go reverted as in it picks up system sounds tv sounds etc thru the mic but not the voice.

I googled used tech forums even yahoo questions or w/e you wanna call it but all anyone comes up with is damp air.

I been in all the settings reinstalled drivers tried headsets on different computers and the only thing that ever seems to fix it is a fresh install.

So what im wondering is. has anyone had this and found a not thought of already way to fix it?

Edit: On maybe a non related note. My pc seems to eat the mice too. kills usb/ps2 mice in anything from a day to a few months.

And yes a new rig will be built as and when i can affoard the new shiny bits i want xD

Sinful: 130 Ninja - 130 War - 130 Water

Mys†ic 130 Ninja - 130 Ninja - 128 Ninja

I ***9829; Captain~Scarlet

Insane people are always sure that they are fine. It is only the sane people who are willing to admit that they are crazy
Miss~Led is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-26-2010, 19:34   #2
~T0M~v6
Banned

~T0M~v6 has a reputation beyond repute~T0M~v6 has a reputation beyond repute~T0M~v6 has a reputation beyond repute~T0M~v6 has a reputation beyond repute~T0M~v6 has a reputation beyond repute~T0M~v6 has a reputation beyond repute~T0M~v6 has a reputation beyond repute~T0M~v6 has a reputation beyond repute~T0M~v6 has a reputation beyond repute~T0M~v6 has a reputation beyond repute~T0M~v6 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss~Led View Post
ok. so once in a blue moon my computer goes weird with my headsets for voice chat (obviously lol)

I run xp got standard onboard sound bla bla pretty old rig does what needs to right.

Anyway getting back to it

My headsets go reverted as in it picks up system sounds tv sounds etc thru the mic but not the voice.

I googled used tech forums even yahoo questions or w/e you wanna call it but all anyone comes up with is damp air.

I been in all the settings reinstalled drivers tried headsets on different computers and the only thing that ever seems to fix it is a fresh install.

So what im wondering is. has anyone had this and found a not thought of already way to fix it?

Edit: On maybe a non related note. My pc seems to eat the mice too. kills usb/ps2 mice in anything from a day to a few months.

And yes a new rig will be built as and when i can affoard the new shiny bits i want xD
first off the computer isn't killing the mice. probably just a PnP driver malfunction. Mice die after overuse or high usage in a short period of time (starcraft pro players replace mice extremely often due to 400-500APM)
For the headset, try grabbing a cheap sound card and seeing if that helps. your onboard sound may have malfunctioned. if you want real help, post your complete specs

Last edited by ~T0M~v6; 03-26-2010 at 19:36.
~T0M~v6 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: