Old 09-30-2012, 05:12   #31
~*panda*~
Community's Choice

~*panda*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*panda*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*panda*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*panda*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*panda*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*panda*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*panda*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*panda*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*panda*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*panda*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*panda*~ has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.ProfMaster View Post
Where there are trees there are other life forms. Thats like asking the question, if someone else see's something happen, doesnt record it, and you dont see it, does it happen?.
Get with reality bro. Thats all you can base your logic on, so you might aswell live with it.
Since when is there always a life form next to a tree? Unless you see trees as lifeforms, but I'm quite sure that somewhere in the desert there is a lone cactus surrounded by nothing but sand.

Get with reality? That must have been the most hilarious thing someone said to me when trying to convince me there is a "God". That is not all I can base my logic on, read all my posts, not just 1 sentence.

Funny how you call me out on my logic when religion has NO LOGIC at all.

Please do share one logical thing that religion has. I know one. Controlling people. That's all I know. Go ahead, surprise me.

And once more I have to try disproving something that wasn't even proven. Religious people never seem to understand that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 53cr37 W34p0n View Post
~*panda*~ is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-01-2012, 20:55   #32
BuddhaIncarnate
New Buddha

BuddhaIncarnate has a reputation beyond reputeBuddhaIncarnate has a reputation beyond reputeBuddhaIncarnate has a reputation beyond reputeBuddhaIncarnate has a reputation beyond reputeBuddhaIncarnate has a reputation beyond reputeBuddhaIncarnate has a reputation beyond reputeBuddhaIncarnate has a reputation beyond reputeBuddhaIncarnate has a reputation beyond reputeBuddhaIncarnate has a reputation beyond reputeBuddhaIncarnate has a reputation beyond reputeBuddhaIncarnate has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*panda*~ View Post
Since when is there always a life form next to a tree?
Don't know where his argument was headed, but where there is the ability to sustain a tree, there is the ability to sustain other life, and life has a way of occurring where it can be sustained.

If you saw a tree, the logical conclusion would be other forms of life as well, for example: Bacteria, Moss, Insects...

A side note from the whole issue... Atheists are the most illogical people on Earth.

Everyone dies. Either something happens to us when we die, or it doesn't. Atheists gamble on nothing happening. If nothing does happen, then religious people lose nothing. If any one of the mainstream religions is correct, then Atheists have everything to lose.

Nice job gambling on the lose/neutral bet, instead of at least going for some form of win/neutral.

You know me as Fletch, the Pro Lvl 3 Touchpad FBer from Unity.

My fastblade is red for Danger
BuddhaIncarnate is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-02-2012, 01:58   #33
~*panda*~
Community's Choice

~*panda*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*panda*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*panda*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*panda*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*panda*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*panda*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*panda*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*panda*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*panda*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*panda*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*panda*~ has a reputation beyond repute
Never said "nothing happened", nor that I am an atheist. Get your facts straight.

A common misconception of religious people. "You don't believe in God? You must believe in nihilism". Nihilism =/= atheism either. I love how people don't even know what athe´sm is, they just see it as the non believer group. Ignorace.

As far as I know, Athe´sts don't believe in deities. That is all. Never did they say there wasn't anything after death. We just know deities have nothing to do with it if something did happen.

If you are only following religion because it is "a safe bet", then I'm sure "God" won't give a crap whether I follow his religion or not.

Last edited by ~*panda*~; 10-02-2012 at 02:02.
Old 10-02-2012, 09:38   #34
BuddhaIncarnate
New Buddha

BuddhaIncarnate has a reputation beyond reputeBuddhaIncarnate has a reputation beyond reputeBuddhaIncarnate has a reputation beyond reputeBuddhaIncarnate has a reputation beyond reputeBuddhaIncarnate has a reputation beyond reputeBuddhaIncarnate has a reputation beyond reputeBuddhaIncarnate has a reputation beyond reputeBuddhaIncarnate has a reputation beyond reputeBuddhaIncarnate has a reputation beyond reputeBuddhaIncarnate has a reputation beyond reputeBuddhaIncarnate has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
As far as I know, Athe´sts don't believe in deities... We just know deities have nothing to do with it if something did happen.
You are very defensive, for my post not to apply to you.

Where did I ever address what I think you believe? I don't believe I addressed you at all in my 'side note' to the rest of the discussion.

Also, if you aren't an atheist, you don't know it yet. I put it in bold for you.

By the way, I am going to assume there is always a life form near you. Statistically, it should be a spider, watching, waiting...

You know me as Fletch, the Pro Lvl 3 Touchpad FBer from Unity.

My fastblade is red for Danger
BuddhaIncarnate is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-02-2012, 09:55   #35
~*panda*~
Community's Choice

You said atheists had everything to lose, then said I gambled on the losing bet. So yea, you called me atheist.

I'm defending atheism because I know how they think, it is not the nihilism you describe it to be.
Old 10-02-2012, 10:36   #36
Dr.ProfMaster

Dr.ProfMaster has a reputation beyond reputeDr.ProfMaster has a reputation beyond reputeDr.ProfMaster has a reputation beyond reputeDr.ProfMaster has a reputation beyond reputeDr.ProfMaster has a reputation beyond reputeDr.ProfMaster has a reputation beyond reputeDr.ProfMaster has a reputation beyond reputeDr.ProfMaster has a reputation beyond reputeDr.ProfMaster has a reputation beyond reputeDr.ProfMaster has a reputation beyond reputeDr.ProfMaster has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Since when is there always a life form next to a tree? Unless you see trees as lifeforms, but I'm quite sure that somewhere in the desert there is a lone cactus surrounded by nothing but sand.

Get with reality? That must have been the most hilarious thing someone said to me when trying to convince me there is a "God". That is not all I can base my logic on, read all my posts, not just 1 sentence.

Funny how you call me out on my logic when religion has NO LOGIC at all.

Please do share one logical thing that religion has. I know one. Controlling people. That's all I know. Go ahead, surprise me.

And once more I have to try disproving something that wasn't even proven. Religious people never seem to understand that.
Are you tapped in the head? I'm an Atheist. Lolololol. I don't believe in 'God'. Its funny how you assume I'm a believer just because I brought up that tree thing, all I was arguing with was the logic of that tree falling 'conundrum' its not a conundrum its a very obvious question with a very obvious answer. As I said its like someone else seeing something, you not seeing it so you refuse to believe it. If you want to live in 'reality' you might aswell assume that if a tree falls in a forest and some guy you dont even know hears it, then its been heard. It makes no difference whether its someone else or yourself or no one if thats the question, i'm a philosopher, not a believer.

Edit: I never was insulting you when i said 'that's all you can base your logic on' . I was just stating that this is the world we live in, its all we have to base our logic on, why drift from it? You know if a tree falls it makes a sound. Its just a stupid question. It's like saying, 'does anything happen at all in life if we arent around to experience it?'. I'm fairly sure it does man, you can lock yourself in your house for 10 years, if you come out I bet ****loads would have changed, that tree that fell , did fall. I bet there was probably over 10,000 trees that fell in that time(10 years), and every single one of them made noise. You don't need to be there for things to happen, humans dont need to overlook everything, without humans things go on anyway. I am not tearing apart your whole arguement, I dont believe in God either. Merely pointing out how stupid that tree question is. Im sick of stupid 'questions' like that being seen as smart , intelligent and something worth thinking about. Because it isn't. Its null and void. We should use our brains to think about something much deeper than that boring ****.

Last edited by Dr.ProfMaster; 10-02-2012 at 10:43.
Dr.ProfMaster is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-02-2012, 12:10   #37
Heyga4Huk
noble ftw

Heyga4Huk has a reputation beyond reputeHeyga4Huk has a reputation beyond reputeHeyga4Huk has a reputation beyond reputeHeyga4Huk has a reputation beyond reputeHeyga4Huk has a reputation beyond reputeHeyga4Huk has a reputation beyond reputeHeyga4Huk has a reputation beyond reputeHeyga4Huk has a reputation beyond reputeHeyga4Huk has a reputation beyond reputeHeyga4Huk has a reputation beyond reputeHeyga4Huk has a reputation beyond repute
I'm an Agnostic. You mad, bros?

First wat-war-tro on Unicorn.
130 wat-130 war-130 tro on Unicorn.

This is Bulgaria.
Heyga4Huk is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-02-2012, 12:23   #38
Wayne Brady :(
Gentleman

Wayne Brady :( has a reputation beyond reputeWayne Brady :( has a reputation beyond reputeWayne Brady :( has a reputation beyond reputeWayne Brady :( has a reputation beyond reputeWayne Brady :( has a reputation beyond reputeWayne Brady :( has a reputation beyond reputeWayne Brady :( has a reputation beyond reputeWayne Brady :( has a reputation beyond reputeWayne Brady :( has a reputation beyond reputeWayne Brady :( has a reputation beyond reputeWayne Brady :( has a reputation beyond repute
I'm a jew.
Old 10-03-2012, 01:16   #39
~*panda*~
Community's Choice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.ProfMaster View Post
Are you tapped in the head? I'm an Atheist. Lolololol. I don't believe in 'God'. Its funny how you assume I'm a believer just because I brought up that tree thing, all I was arguing with was the logic of that tree falling 'conundrum' its not a conundrum its a very obvious question with a very obvious answer. As I said its like someone else seeing something, you not seeing it so you refuse to believe it. If you want to live in 'reality' you might aswell assume that if a tree falls in a forest and some guy you dont even know hears it, then its been heard. It makes no difference whether its someone else or yourself or no one if thats the question, i'm a philosopher, not a believer.

Edit: I never was insulting you when i said 'that's all you can base your logic on' . I was just stating that this is the world we live in, its all we have to base our logic on, why drift from it? You know if a tree falls it makes a sound. Its just a stupid question. It's like saying, 'does anything happen at all in life if we arent around to experience it?'. I'm fairly sure it does man, you can lock yourself in your house for 10 years, if you come out I bet ****loads would have changed, that tree that fell , did fall. I bet there was probably over 10,000 trees that fell in that time(10 years), and every single one of them made noise. You don't need to be there for things to happen, humans dont need to overlook everything, without humans things go on anyway. I am not tearing apart your whole arguement, I dont believe in God either. Merely pointing out how stupid that tree question is. Im sick of stupid 'questions' like that being seen as smart , intelligent and something worth thinking about. Because it isn't. Its null and void. We should use our brains to think about something much deeper than that boring ****.
What part about "what if a tree falls, and no one was around to hear it" didn't you get? Why do you start talking about some unknown dude that did hear it?

I got a lot more logic but the entire fact that I would argue using logic against someone that uses completely illogical facts, makes the entire thing illogical. The picture is a prone example. So no, I'm not going to argue with religious people.

Why are you talking about the tree falling? The question is "does it make a sound?".

Of course the tree fell. That isn't the question, that can be proven with physics. However, the fact that it makes a sound or not can not be proven if the condition is that no one can be around to hear it. That is the entire oxymoron.

You obviously misunderstood my example.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heyga4Huk View Post
I'm an Agnostic. You mad, bros?
No, as you can't blame people for being confused nowadays. I hope that most religious people become agnostic at one point. People are born as agnostics, and it works out for them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne Brady :( View Post
I'm a jew.
You wish.

Last edited by ~*panda*~; 10-03-2012 at 01:20.
Old 10-03-2012, 08:03   #40
Dr.ProfMaster

Dr.ProfMaster has a reputation beyond reputeDr.ProfMaster has a reputation beyond reputeDr.ProfMaster has a reputation beyond reputeDr.ProfMaster has a reputation beyond reputeDr.ProfMaster has a reputation beyond reputeDr.ProfMaster has a reputation beyond reputeDr.ProfMaster has a reputation beyond reputeDr.ProfMaster has a reputation beyond reputeDr.ProfMaster has a reputation beyond reputeDr.ProfMaster has a reputation beyond reputeDr.ProfMaster has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Why are you talking about the tree falling? The question is "does it make a sound?".

You obviously mis-understand your own example, in your post you agree the tree fell, well if it fell it made a sound.

Pointless.
Old 10-03-2012, 10:15   #41
~*panda*~
Community's Choice

God you suck when it comes to oxymorons. What's next, are you going to answer the reason of life?
Old 10-03-2012, 10:33   #42
Dr.ProfMaster

Quote:
God you suck when it comes to oxymorons. What's next, are you going to answer the reason of life?
No you suck when it comes to thinking that that question is in anyway intelligent. Its only the base, the rabbit hole goes much deeper than that.

And ya, I might do.
Old 10-03-2012, 13:10   #43
~*panda*~
Community's Choice

You are bad and you should feel bad!

But no really, you don't seem to know what an oxymoron is. The question is basically "prove the tree made a sound when falling IF there is no one around to hear it". Try to prove it. And with proving I mean actual proof, not "it happened". Because if you use that way of thinking, you can't even disapprove them religious folks saying "it happened" when debating their history.
Old 10-03-2012, 15:01   #44
Dr.ProfMaster

Quote:
You are bad and you should feel bad!

But no really, you don't seem to know what an oxymoron is. The question is basically "prove the tree made a sound when falling IF there is no one around to hear it". Try to prove it. And with proving I mean actual proof, not "it happened". Because if you use that way of thinking, you can't even disapprove them religious folks saying "it happened" when debating their history.
Yes you can, I have witnessed tree's falling and they have made noise. That is intouch with reality.

One thing I have never witnessed however, is someone coming back from the dead 3 days later after being crucified. Etc.

They are different arguements bro. I understand what you're saying, but I feel you don't truly believe that it didn't make a sound. I have this strange feeling that you ARE in touch with reality. (for the most part). Thats why I don't feel the need to carry this discussion about a tree falling further.
Old 10-03-2012, 15:27   #45
Infamous~
Seig Heil

Infamous~ has a reputation beyond reputeInfamous~ has a reputation beyond reputeInfamous~ has a reputation beyond reputeInfamous~ has a reputation beyond reputeInfamous~ has a reputation beyond reputeInfamous~ has a reputation beyond reputeInfamous~ has a reputation beyond reputeInfamous~ has a reputation beyond reputeInfamous~ has a reputation beyond reputeInfamous~ has a reputation beyond reputeInfamous~ has a reputation beyond repute
**** all human based religions, it's a scam. Just believe in energy (good/bad) and something higher than jesus
You don't really need to become a girl/female if you wanted to look good you know...?

The pic above is disturbing... and whatever in it is slightly disturbing..
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghfdhhdf View Post
You do if you want to win a beauty constest, where 90% of voters are men.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timbuktu View Post
Become a genderbending shemale? or u talking full out peepee demolition surgery.
^- LOL
Infamous~ is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: