Old 05-05-2012, 23:41   #31
Deathclaw
Soon™

Deathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuddhaIncarnate View Post
PS - Profession has and never will reflect IQ. There's plenty of homeless Mensa members.
Dont confuse having a job with doing intellectual work. There are tons of graduates, which have a hard time to find a job especially the guys in the social area, because there are simply not enough appropriate jobs for those guys yet their work requires a lot more brainpower than the ability to use a screwdriver. Having a job != being smart.
Let the hate flow through you.
Computer Scientist
Deathclaw is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-06-2012, 02:10   #32
BuddhaIncarnate
New Buddha

BuddhaIncarnate has a reputation beyond reputeBuddhaIncarnate has a reputation beyond reputeBuddhaIncarnate has a reputation beyond reputeBuddhaIncarnate has a reputation beyond reputeBuddhaIncarnate has a reputation beyond reputeBuddhaIncarnate has a reputation beyond reputeBuddhaIncarnate has a reputation beyond reputeBuddhaIncarnate has a reputation beyond reputeBuddhaIncarnate has a reputation beyond reputeBuddhaIncarnate has a reputation beyond reputeBuddhaIncarnate has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathclaw View Post
Dont confuse having a job with doing intellectual work.
You are the one who confused the two.

A job does not determine one's intelligence. Intelligence is completely independent of passions and willpower. Some of the most intelligent people can be the least passionate about anything to do with University, simply because it isn't challenging at all.

Life isn't fun without a challenge. That's why I chose being a pilot over aerospace engineering. Engineering is easy. Flying the damn things is hard.

You know me as Fletch, the Pro Lvl 3 Touchpad FBer from Unity.

My fastblade is red for Danger
BuddhaIncarnate is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-06-2012, 04:46   #33
Deathclaw
Soon™

Deathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:

A job does not determine one's intelligence. Intelligence is completely independent of passions and willpower. Some of the most intelligent people can be the least passionate about anything to do with University, simply because it isn't challenging at all.
Ok? An IQ Test is not supposed to measure the willpower or passion of someone but the intelligience. Otherwise they would add visual tests and other things to it...

Quote:
Life isn't fun without a challenge. That's why I chose being a pilot over aerospace engineering. Engineering is easy. Flying the damn things is hard.
A hard job doesnt mean that it requires much brainpower. Or do you really think that special forces guys or said pilots are geniuses that could easily get a noble prize? You shouldnt be a moron for those jobs but you clearly dont have to be a rocket scientist. What about miner or the staff of a drilling platform? Im pretty sure that their jobs are one the hardest jobs, yet you clearly dont need to be a rocket scientist to do their job aswell.

So you can keep on bringing up more character qualities of people and their relevance for jobs. Yet you fail to deliver any argument against the fact that the intelligence of a person is indeed reflected by the job.

Yes intelligence is not everything that matters but this wasnt even my point...

http://anepigone.blogspot.de/2011/01...ccupation.html
Why do I see only jobs that require an uni degree at the top of this list? Why are all highschool jobs way at the bottom of this list and done by people that would be even regarded as stupid in Egypt?
Let the hate flow through you.
Computer Scientist

Last edited by Deathclaw; 05-06-2012 at 04:56.
Deathclaw is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-06-2012, 05:02   #34
mwah
hell yeah

mwah has a reputation beyond reputemwah has a reputation beyond reputemwah has a reputation beyond reputemwah has a reputation beyond reputemwah has a reputation beyond reputemwah has a reputation beyond reputemwah has a reputation beyond reputemwah has a reputation beyond reputemwah has a reputation beyond reputemwah has a reputation beyond reputemwah has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
http://anepigone.blogspot.de/2011/01...ccupation.html
Why do I see only jobs that require an uni degree at the top of this list? Why are all highschool jobs way at the bottom of this list and done by people that would be even regarded as stupid in Egypt?
**** you, are you saying that i don't need this university degree for my lumberjack career?!
mwah is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-06-2012, 05:21   #35
Wayne Brady :(
Gentleman

Wayne Brady :( has a reputation beyond reputeWayne Brady :( has a reputation beyond reputeWayne Brady :( has a reputation beyond reputeWayne Brady :( has a reputation beyond reputeWayne Brady :( has a reputation beyond reputeWayne Brady :( has a reputation beyond reputeWayne Brady :( has a reputation beyond reputeWayne Brady :( has a reputation beyond reputeWayne Brady :( has a reputation beyond reputeWayne Brady :( has a reputation beyond reputeWayne Brady :( has a reputation beyond repute
copy/paste

My real IQ is slightly lower.

But yeah Ahmed is still a retard.
Old 05-06-2012, 05:40   #36
Electra_Glide
Giddy Up

Electra_Glide has a reputation beyond reputeElectra_Glide has a reputation beyond reputeElectra_Glide has a reputation beyond reputeElectra_Glide has a reputation beyond reputeElectra_Glide has a reputation beyond reputeElectra_Glide has a reputation beyond reputeElectra_Glide has a reputation beyond reputeElectra_Glide has a reputation beyond reputeElectra_Glide has a reputation beyond reputeElectra_Glide has a reputation beyond reputeElectra_Glide has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:

What about Emotional Quotient? The Theory of Multiple Intelligences. Seems there is a lot more to intelligence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwah View Post
**** you, are you saying that i don't need this university degree for my lumberjack career?!
Lumberjacks make good money and enjoy singing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mL7n5...eature=related

Last edited by Electra_Glide; 05-06-2012 at 05:45. Reason: doubled up
Electra_Glide is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-06-2012, 06:07   #37
Erikuasu
Banned

Erikuasu has a reputation beyond reputeErikuasu has a reputation beyond reputeErikuasu has a reputation beyond reputeErikuasu has a reputation beyond reputeErikuasu has a reputation beyond reputeErikuasu has a reputation beyond reputeErikuasu has a reputation beyond reputeErikuasu has a reputation beyond reputeErikuasu has a reputation beyond reputeErikuasu has a reputation beyond reputeErikuasu has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Actually I just did the test in one run instead of trying it until I hit the max score like other people. The very fact that even a moron could get the max score in this test by simple try and error shows how pointless it is. Therefore if I cared to have the max score then I would have done it. Yet it amuses me that this mechanic must feel that inadequate intellectually that he desperately needs the max score. However he never realized that his simple profession reflects his real IQ better than any test.
hAHAHA! You think my profession is a mechanic? Don't be all pissy because I understand how an internal combustion engine works, it's quite simple really. It's just one of many trades I have mastered. I feel bad for you because you only know one thing. Computer science and still you suck at it, without google you would be worthless.

I never actually took the test either it just gave me 160+.

But go ahead and make more assumptions friend.

Quote:
A hard job doesnt mean that it requires much brainpower. Or do you really think that special forces guys or said pilots are geniuses that could easily get a noble prize? You shouldnt be a moron for those jobs but you clearly dont have to be a rocket scientist. What about miner or the staff of a drilling platform? Im pretty sure that their jobs are one the hardest jobs, yet you clearly dont need to be a rocket scientist to do their job aswell.
Is a noble prize something knights get? I never heard of such a thing.
Erikuasu is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-06-2012, 09:11   #38
thehempknight
Your Ruler

thehempknight has a reputation beyond reputethehempknight has a reputation beyond reputethehempknight has a reputation beyond reputethehempknight has a reputation beyond reputethehempknight has a reputation beyond reputethehempknight has a reputation beyond reputethehempknight has a reputation beyond reputethehempknight has a reputation beyond reputethehempknight has a reputation beyond reputethehempknight has a reputation beyond reputethehempknight has a reputation beyond repute
^
Jimmies have been rustled.
s
m

I hate it when it drips like that....

Official Unofficial NonMember of the BACONEERS!!!!11eleven

There's no point for democracy when ignorance is celebrated.

The saline from your tear ducts energizes my ego.
thehempknight is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-06-2012, 10:05   #39
Erikuasu
Banned

Erikuasu has a reputation beyond reputeErikuasu has a reputation beyond reputeErikuasu has a reputation beyond reputeErikuasu has a reputation beyond reputeErikuasu has a reputation beyond reputeErikuasu has a reputation beyond reputeErikuasu has a reputation beyond reputeErikuasu has a reputation beyond reputeErikuasu has a reputation beyond reputeErikuasu has a reputation beyond reputeErikuasu has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by thehempknight View Post
^
Jimmies have been rustled.
Not at all friend.
Erikuasu is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-06-2012, 13:24   #40
BuddhaIncarnate
New Buddha

BuddhaIncarnate has a reputation beyond reputeBuddhaIncarnate has a reputation beyond reputeBuddhaIncarnate has a reputation beyond reputeBuddhaIncarnate has a reputation beyond reputeBuddhaIncarnate has a reputation beyond reputeBuddhaIncarnate has a reputation beyond reputeBuddhaIncarnate has a reputation beyond reputeBuddhaIncarnate has a reputation beyond reputeBuddhaIncarnate has a reputation beyond reputeBuddhaIncarnate has a reputation beyond reputeBuddhaIncarnate has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
A hard job doesnt mean that it requires much brainpower.
There are idiots in all professions.

A truly intelligent person is not defined by his job, but by himself. What university degree is required to invent something? Can't anything learned in a university be read in a book anyways(That's why we have required textbooks for courses )? Do you really need a piece of paper with an official stamp on it to learn something? Can't you spend your whole life learning for yourself and not for others while working a job in a career you have a passion for?

Creativity is the true product of intelligence.

Right now, I'm training to be a commercial diver, simply because I love working with my hands and this is the closest I can get to being a construction worker while still making some really nice money for all of my side projects. I read constantly on subjects that interest me. I learn every day. Does working as a diver instantly mean I am stupid because I choose to do something I love?

My favorite thing in the world is welding, simply because with a stick and some metal I can create anything my mind can imagine. Any monkey can be taught to weld. What can't be taught is my imagination on what that welding will create.

You know me as Fletch, the Pro Lvl 3 Touchpad FBer from Unity.

My fastblade is red for Danger
BuddhaIncarnate is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-06-2012, 14:08   #41
Gentleman

Wayne Brady :( has a reputation beyond reputeWayne Brady :( has a reputation beyond reputeWayne Brady :( has a reputation beyond reputeWayne Brady :( has a reputation beyond reputeWayne Brady :( has a reputation beyond reputeWayne Brady :( has a reputation beyond reputeWayne Brady :( has a reputation beyond reputeWayne Brady :( has a reputation beyond reputeWayne Brady :( has a reputation beyond reputeWayne Brady :( has a reputation beyond reputeWayne Brady :( has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farau View Post

seriously.. I think I came at you.. I think my little sister could answer these
I only noticed this just now but, isn't piratebay banned in the UK now? o.o

Also; lol'd @ xyz.vbs IS YOUR COMPUTER A WOMAN TOO? /foreveralone.
Old 05-06-2012, 15:27   #42
Gentleman

Quote:
There are idiots in all professions.
I approve, like that one physicist who claimed to have found neutrinos faster than light but it was just a basic mathematical error by him. He quit his job in shame.
Old 05-06-2012, 16:11   #43
Infamous~
Seig Heil

Infamous~ has a reputation beyond reputeInfamous~ has a reputation beyond reputeInfamous~ has a reputation beyond reputeInfamous~ has a reputation beyond reputeInfamous~ has a reputation beyond reputeInfamous~ has a reputation beyond reputeInfamous~ has a reputation beyond reputeInfamous~ has a reputation beyond reputeInfamous~ has a reputation beyond reputeInfamous~ has a reputation beyond reputeInfamous~ has a reputation beyond repute
Supernatural is a pretty amusing show. Lucifer for the win!
You don't really need to become a girl/female if you wanted to look good you know...?

The pic above is disturbing... and whatever in it is slightly disturbing..
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghfdhhdf View Post
You do if you want to win a beauty constest, where 90% of voters are men.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timbuktu View Post
Become a genderbending shemale? or u talking full out peepee demolition surgery.
^- LOL
Infamous~ is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-06-2012, 16:25   #44
CornFlakes:o
Désolé

CornFlakes:o has a reputation beyond reputeCornFlakes:o has a reputation beyond reputeCornFlakes:o has a reputation beyond reputeCornFlakes:o has a reputation beyond reputeCornFlakes:o has a reputation beyond reputeCornFlakes:o has a reputation beyond reputeCornFlakes:o has a reputation beyond reputeCornFlakes:o has a reputation beyond reputeCornFlakes:o has a reputation beyond reputeCornFlakes:o has a reputation beyond reputeCornFlakes:o has a reputation beyond repute
i think you guys are not even talking about the same thing

its like death is saying a job does have a minimum to work in it

whereas buddha is saying there is no maximum limit to having an IQ based on your job

consequently mwah is admitting to being a rug muncher (now we know who plays who in mwafizzle's relationship (mwah+wtfizzle=???)

once again i prove to be the smartest u_u
CornFlakes:o is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-06-2012, 16:28   #45
Gentleman

Quote:
Originally Posted by CornFlakes:o View Post
i think you guys are not even talking about the same thing

its like death is saying a job does have a minimum to work in it

whereas buddha is saying there is no maximum limit to having an IQ based on your job

consequently mwah is admitting to being a rug muncher (now we know who plays who in mwafizzle's relationship (mwah+wtfizzle=???)

once again i prove to be the smartest u_u
So what did you score on this test?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: