Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 64 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 08-27-2013, 15:28   #10771
Deathclaw

Deathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*panda*~ View Post
Not really. You started the argument, I didn't. If you didn't want a reply, you shouldn't have butted in.

I know Canadians yea, even visited Canada. Went to Vancouver 2 years ago. Plenty of nice people there. I know Muslims too. Is that okay with you?

I'm not even going to respond to your other jibberish. I just can't imagine someone sane trying to make a point with such arguments.

Suspected? What Belgian beers are suspected of this? And if what you say is true, how come most Belgian beers are actually sold in Germany? I mean, that means they abide by your rules right :/

I want facts, not "suspicions". What I said are facts, you can't deny it. My questions are relevant. So before you carry on with your jibberish, respond to the questions at hand.

- What known Belgian beers are suspected of adding additives?
- Why do Belgian beers sell in Germany if said rule is in place?
Ask the breweries. They all can add additives and none of them guarantee than they dont add them. As i said any company would be retarded not to guarantee that they dont add chemicals if it wasnt true. This is clearly proof enough, unless the management of non german breweries is retarded. Those additives change the flavor, hence why you could say that german beer tastes maybe rather boring, but hey at least it isnt a chemical mix. It only matters for what you care. Some people drink cola, eat at mcdonalds and other crap all the time although they basically eat ****.
Anyways quality? This point clearly goes to german breweries.

You have said yourself that its not a rule anymore. So why the heck do you ask this? The Reinheitsgebot is a more like a certificate nowadays: "Look we guarantee that our beer is pure and consists only of this and that". Even german breweries dont have to follow it (and few actually dont).
Deathclaw is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-27-2013, 15:52   #10772
Electra_Glide
Giddy Up

Electra_Glide has a reputation beyond reputeElectra_Glide has a reputation beyond reputeElectra_Glide has a reputation beyond reputeElectra_Glide has a reputation beyond reputeElectra_Glide has a reputation beyond reputeElectra_Glide has a reputation beyond reputeElectra_Glide has a reputation beyond reputeElectra_Glide has a reputation beyond reputeElectra_Glide has a reputation beyond reputeElectra_Glide has a reputation beyond reputeElectra_Glide has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Not really. You started the argument, I didn't. If you didn't want a reply, you shouldn't have butted in.

I know Canadians yea, even visited Canada. Went to Vancouver 2 years ago. Plenty of nice people there. I know Muslims too. Is that okay with you?

I'm not even going to respond to your other jibberish. I just can't imagine someone sane trying to make a point with such arguments.

There is no argument. Belgian beer is pure ****. Nothing more to be said, except that your mother is a cow that stills feeds you, and you are still the self absorbed moron as usual.

Duh huh huh huh..... Duh I been to Vancouver, I know Canadians. You have no idea at all.
Quebec is like Vancouver....no.
Toronto is like Vancouver.....no.
The east coast is like Vancouver...no.
The North is like Vancouver...no.
You have no Idea or inkling of Canada at all. So did you live in the Chinese sect of Vancouver? Did you live in the Punjabi area of Vancouver? Moron like you probably went to Stanley Park and said to himself, ah thats Canada. Your growth in being pathetic is becoming exponential.

The only thing you saw in Vancouver was probably a pallet jack on the docks.
Electra_Glide is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-27-2013, 16:02   #10773
~*panda*~
Community's Choice

~*panda*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*panda*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*panda*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*panda*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*panda*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*panda*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*panda*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*panda*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*panda*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*panda*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*panda*~ has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathclaw View Post
Ask the breweries. They all can add additives and none of them guarantee than they dont add them. As i said any company would be retarded not to guarantee that they dont add chemicals if it wasnt true. This is clearly proof enough, unless the management of non german breweries is retarded. Those additives change the flavor, hence why you could say that german beer tastes maybe rather boring, but hey at least it isnt a chemical mix. It only matters for what you care. Some people drink cola, eat at mcdonalds and other crap all the time although they basically eat ****.
Anyways quality? This point clearly goes to german breweries.

You have said yourself that its not a rule anymore. So why the heck do you ask this? The Reinheitsgebot is a more like a certificate nowadays: "Look we guarantee that our beer is pure and consists only of this and that". Even german breweries dont have to follow it (and few actually dont).
You seem to miss something. The Reinheitsgebot thinks some positive additives are not allowed either, hence the entire reason it was revoked once beer was properly re-invented hundreds of years later. Hell, they didn't even know what yeast was back then.

Grats, you have some breweries with basic beer. Does that define quality? Nope.

It's laughable because you don't even know the definition of beer. I'm tired of discussing it because you just repeat yourself over and over with a certificate that means nothing at all. It denies things that are allowed everywhere, even in Germany.

Also, additives only need to be removed from the final product, not the making of.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electra_Glide View Post
There is no argument. Belgian beer is pure ****. Nothing more to be said, except that your mother is a cow that stills feeds you, and you are still the self absorbed moron as usual.

Duh huh huh huh..... Duh I been to Vancouver, I know Canadians. You have no idea at all.
Quebec is like Vancouver....no.
Toronto is like Vancouver.....no.
The east coast is like Vancouver...no.
The North is like Vancouver...no.
You have no Idea or inkling of Canada at all. So did you live in the Chinese sect of Vancouver? Did you live in the Punjabi area of Vancouver? Moron like you probably went to Stanley Park and said to himself, ah thats Canada. Your growth in being pathetic is becoming exponential.

The only thing you saw in Vancouver was probably a pallet jack on the docks.
I'm not even sure you even tasted Belgian beer before. It's hard to get the full taste in a dusty cellar at your moms place.
~*panda*~ is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-27-2013, 16:40   #10774
Electra_Glide
Giddy Up

Electra_Glide has a reputation beyond reputeElectra_Glide has a reputation beyond reputeElectra_Glide has a reputation beyond reputeElectra_Glide has a reputation beyond reputeElectra_Glide has a reputation beyond reputeElectra_Glide has a reputation beyond reputeElectra_Glide has a reputation beyond reputeElectra_Glide has a reputation beyond reputeElectra_Glide has a reputation beyond reputeElectra_Glide has a reputation beyond reputeElectra_Glide has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:

I'm not even sure you even tasted Belgian beer before. It's hard to get the full taste in a dusty cellar at your moms place.
Comes from experience obviously. You should stop putting down your cow.
Old 08-27-2013, 18:04   #10775
Deathclaw

Deathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
You seem to miss something. The Reinheitsgebot thinks some positive additives are not allowed either, hence the entire reason it was revoked once beer was properly re-invented hundreds of years later. Hell, they didn't even know what yeast was back then.

Grats, you have some breweries with basic beer. Does that define quality? Nope.

It's laughable because you don't even know the definition of beer. I'm tired of discussing it because you just repeat yourself over and over with a certificate that means nothing at all. It denies things that are allowed everywhere, even in Germany.

Also, additives only need to be removed from the final product, not the making of.
The question is rather what do you know, because serious news sites disagree with you:

Quote:
But until a new law is passed by the European Union, brewers across the continent will be able to add chemicals without fear of putting off the drinker.

With one rather notable exception: Germany.

With more breweries than any other country, the Germans take the purity of their beer exceptionally seriously.

Ever since the German Purity Law or Reinheitsgebot of 1516, beers in Germany can only legally be produced using the core ingredients of water, hops, yeast and malted barley or wheat.

Forget chemicals; German brewers are not even allowed to add sugar or lesser grains such as maize or rice.

Perhaps, then, it is hardly surprising that fans of German beers insist that they taste "cleaner" - and swear that they cause less of a hangover.
Old 08-27-2013, 18:24   #10776
~*panda*~
Community's Choice

~*panda*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*panda*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*panda*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*panda*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*panda*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*panda*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*panda*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*panda*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*panda*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*panda*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*panda*~ has a reputation beyond repute
Still, a '06 independant reported bbc article done from a business perspective is hardly any proof that there is something wrong with our beer.

German beer is uncreative for that very same reason you just said too.

But since you consider BBC as an official source:

Quote:
As far as I***8217;m concerned, Belgium is a beer lover***8217;s mecca and I only had a few hours to complete my pilgrimage before I had to be back to the airport. It wasn***8217;t nearly enough time to put a dent in the country***8217;s formidable list of lambics, abbeys, trappists and more.

As someone who developed a love of beer near the beginning of the decade-old US***8217; craft brewing boom, I have high regard for Belgium***8217;s storied beer-making history. Belgian abbeys started brewing low-alcohol beers as early as the 12th Century as a way to raise funds, and by the 14th Century it was seen as an alternative to unsanitary drinking water and a source of nourishment during Lent.
But while it is the pious monks of the country***8217;s six trappist abbeys that still obsessively watch over some of the country***8217;s best beers, the secular brewers they have inspired have also managed to make adventurous beers without sacrificing quality. This differs from some of Belgium***8217;s European neighbours, where high quality beer is ubiquitous yet unimaginative.
This article is actually about the beer, not the firms. It is one made in 2013 too, not 2006 like yours.

Nailed you.

Last edited by ~*panda*~; 08-27-2013 at 18:27.
Old 08-27-2013, 21:54   #10777
Electra_Glide
Giddy Up

Bahahahahhaha

The latest in the ever increasing list of food/drink scandals in Belgium:

"Federal police have uncovered a scam involving Belgian beer. Thousands of litres of beer from the Czech Republic were sold in pubs under a Belgian brand label. Sources suggest that empty kegs of Belgian beer were taken to the Czech Republic, where they were filled with local pilsner in a brewery south of the capital Prague. On the way back, the caps were replaced with those belonging to a leading Belgian brand, reportedly Jupiler. The fraud centered on pubs in the Brussels borough of Molenbeek-Saint-Jean/Sint-Jans-Molenbeek. Federal police have now uncovered a storage depot in Haren, also in Brussels."

I guess this is a tax issue more than anything else, because a Czech pilsner is probably BETTER than Jupiler!

2x

Bahahahahahhaa
Old 08-28-2013, 03:46   #10778
Deathclaw

Quote:
Still, a '06 independant reported bbc article done from a business perspective is hardly any proof that there is something wrong with our beer.

German beer is uncreative for that very same reason you just said too.

But since you consider BBC as an official source:

This article is actually about the beer, not the firms. It is one made in 2013 too, not 2006 like yours.

Nailed you.
Lol a travel report. Im talking about quality from a scientific point of view. You know the same science that determines if this and that is bad for your health and not some random beerdrinker.

Same article:
Quote:
TYPICAL BEER ADDITIVES
Betaglucanase
Ammonia caramel
Rhoiso-alpha acids
Sulphur dioxide
Protease
Amyloglucosidase
Propylene glycol alginate
Silicone
Feel free to google what the science says about those additives

Or a recent book published by the oxford university:
Quote:
For example, when cobalt salts were used in Canada in the late 1960s to stabilize the formation of beer froth, the mortality rate among those who dran large volumes of beer rose to about 50% due to the cobalt ion causing a weakness in the heart muscles that was termed 'Canadian beer-drinker eart'.
(Alcohol: Science, Policy and Public Health)

Just because we dont have solid proof yet that the additives are bad for your health doesnt mean that they arent harmful. But feel free to drink your chemical mix . Cry me a river in 20 years if it turns out that those additives are indeed bad for your health.

The compound chlorofluorocarbon was used for over 50 years until science was finally able to prove what it does the ozone layer.

Last edited by Deathclaw; 08-28-2013 at 03:52.
Old 08-28-2013, 04:06   #10779
Promethean

Promethean has a reputation beyond reputePromethean has a reputation beyond reputePromethean has a reputation beyond reputePromethean has a reputation beyond reputePromethean has a reputation beyond reputePromethean has a reputation beyond reputePromethean has a reputation beyond reputePromethean has a reputation beyond reputePromethean has a reputation beyond reputePromethean has a reputation beyond reputePromethean has a reputation beyond repute
I'm sure there are some valid points being made by DeathClaw above, but when you find yourself arguing on the same side as Electra, you've got to take a long hard look at yourself...
Old 08-28-2013, 04:21   #10780
Electra_Glide
Giddy Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Promethean View Post
I'm sure there are some valid points being made by DeathClaw above, but when you find yourself arguing on the same side as Electra, you've got to take a long hard look at yourself...
Shouldn't you be worried about all the Arabs that are going to be killed by your country in the future in Syria.

Having the most boring Brit on the forum agreeing with anyone's points is simply a non issue anyway. If your not showing up to cuddle Ahmed, you are caressing Panda as much as you possibly can.

You, Panda, and Ahmed should all get together and celebrate Pride day together. This forum is not the place to constantly express your love for each other.
Old 08-28-2013, 04:42   #10781
Promethean

Promethean has a reputation beyond reputePromethean has a reputation beyond reputePromethean has a reputation beyond reputePromethean has a reputation beyond reputePromethean has a reputation beyond reputePromethean has a reputation beyond reputePromethean has a reputation beyond reputePromethean has a reputation beyond reputePromethean has a reputation beyond reputePromethean has a reputation beyond reputePromethean has a reputation beyond repute
Haha, it's so easy to provoke a reaction from you Electra.

Quote:
Shouldn't you be worried about all the Arabs that are going to be killed by your country in the future in Syria.
Why don't you make a new thread on Syria? Personally, I'm in favour of a Western intervention in Syria as using chemical weapons on your own people should never be permitted to take place.

Quote:
Having the most boring Brit on the forum agreeing with anyone's points is simply a non issue anyway.
So much of a "non-issue" that I trolled you into responding anyway?
Old 08-28-2013, 04:55   #10782
Electra_Glide
Giddy Up

Quote:
Haha, it's so easy to provoke a reaction from you Electra.

Why don't you make a new thread on Syria? Personally, I'm in favour of a Western intervention in Syria as using chemical weapons on your own people should never be permitted to take place.

So much of a "non-issue" that I trolled you into responding anyway?
No, its more easy to point out the most pathetic forum users in OT.

So at least you are showing you are in favor of all the innocent Arabs that will be killed in that process. Don't know if you will be happy or sad about that. One day you are pro then next you are con. Quite the Bi-polar boring Brit you are.

I wasn't responding, its more like creating awareness to the forum of the most pathetic users on here.

Get back to your Pride Day plans for the future. You 3 can have a BALL.
Old 08-28-2013, 05:00   #10783
Promethean

Quote:
So at least you are showing you are in favor of all the innocent Arabs that will be killed in that process. Don't know if you will be happy or sad about that. One day you are pro then next you are con. Quite the Bi-polar boring Brit you are.
I don't want to distract these nice people from their debate about beer, so why don't you run along and make that thread like I asked you to above then I will respond properly? You can even call it "Bi-polar Brits" if that will amuse you.
Old 08-28-2013, 05:34   #10784
Electra_Glide
Giddy Up

Quote:
I don't want to distract these nice people from their debate about beer, so why don't you run along and make that thread like I asked you to above then I will respond properly? You can even call it "Bi-polar Brits" if that will amuse you.
lol somehow you think you have some sort of credibility on here, but the day you gave Daywalker aka moron conspiracy theory idiot credibility, any validation to what you have to say is irrelevant. Why don't you run along and get back to the game lol forum where you belong. The fact you still play that is proof enough of what an imbecile you are.

RE - nice people...you mean Panda right? Keep blowing kisses.
Old 08-28-2013, 05:41   #10785
~*panda*~
Community's Choice

Quote:
Bahahahahhaha

The latest in the ever increasing list of food/drink scandals in Belgium:

"Federal police have uncovered a scam involving Belgian beer. Thousands of litres of beer from the Czech Republic were sold in pubs under a Belgian brand label. Sources suggest that empty kegs of Belgian beer were taken to the Czech Republic, where they were filled with local pilsner in a brewery south of the capital Prague. On the way back, the caps were replaced with those belonging to a leading Belgian brand, reportedly Jupiler. The fraud centered on pubs in the Brussels borough of Molenbeek-Saint-Jean/Sint-Jans-Molenbeek. Federal police have now uncovered a storage depot in Haren, also in Brussels."

I guess this is a tax issue more than anything else, because a Czech pilsner is probably BETTER than Jupiler!

2x

Bahahahahahhaa
Is that latest or even remotely close to recent? It happened in 2002 according to the article. Doesn't even seem legit either because no one reported it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathclaw View Post
Lol a travel report. Im talking about quality from a scientific point of view. You know the same science that determines if this and that is bad for your health and not some random beerdrinker.

Same article:

Feel free to google what the science says about those additives

Or a recent book published by the oxford university:
(Alcohol: Science, Policy and Public Health)

Just because we dont have solid proof yet that the additives are bad for your health doesnt mean that they arent harmful. But feel free to drink your chemical mix . Cry me a river in 20 years if it turns out that those additives are indeed bad for your health.

The compound chlorofluorocarbon was used for over 50 years until science was finally able to prove what it does the ozone layer.
Your post was from a business perspective, far from science. It was just about the attitude about the companies, so don't go off saying yours was all scientific.

Fact is, those that judge beers prefer ours any time. Personally I don't care you listing random additives, they aren't present in Belgians renowned beers.

>You don't know they are bad
>You don't know they are present in Belgian beer (still no proof whatsoever!)

So what is your point based on? Nothing.

@Promethian, not only is he siding with electra, his arguments make no valid point whatsoever.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: