Old 11-15-2010, 19:35   #1
xPUNISHERx
Trojan

xPUNISHERx has a reputation beyond reputexPUNISHERx has a reputation beyond reputexPUNISHERx has a reputation beyond reputexPUNISHERx has a reputation beyond reputexPUNISHERx has a reputation beyond reputexPUNISHERx has a reputation beyond reputexPUNISHERx has a reputation beyond reputexPUNISHERx has a reputation beyond reputexPUNISHERx has a reputation beyond reputexPUNISHERx has a reputation beyond reputexPUNISHERx has a reputation beyond repute
new laptop

I am thinking of getting a new laptop and I would like to know what kind of laptop is good. What is a decent laptop that will last long and doesn't heat up
xPUNISHERx is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-15-2010, 22:26   #2
ShootTheMoonlig
♪♫Bhall♫♪

ShootTheMoonlig has a reputation beyond reputeShootTheMoonlig has a reputation beyond reputeShootTheMoonlig has a reputation beyond reputeShootTheMoonlig has a reputation beyond reputeShootTheMoonlig has a reputation beyond reputeShootTheMoonlig has a reputation beyond reputeShootTheMoonlig has a reputation beyond reputeShootTheMoonlig has a reputation beyond reputeShootTheMoonlig has a reputation beyond reputeShootTheMoonlig has a reputation beyond reputeShootTheMoonlig has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by xPUNISHERx View Post
and doesn't heat up
Buy a desktop.
Call of duty: Modern Warfare 2
Skate 3
Add Me : Bhallerrr
ShootTheMoonlig is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-15-2010, 23:51   #3
Farau
Banned

Farau has a reputation beyond reputeFarau has a reputation beyond reputeFarau has a reputation beyond reputeFarau has a reputation beyond reputeFarau has a reputation beyond reputeFarau has a reputation beyond reputeFarau has a reputation beyond reputeFarau has a reputation beyond reputeFarau has a reputation beyond reputeFarau has a reputation beyond reputeFarau has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShootTheMoonlig View Post
Buy a desktop.
Farau is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-16-2010, 00:02   #4
Loviatar
iHumpHemp

Loviatar has a reputation beyond reputeLoviatar has a reputation beyond reputeLoviatar has a reputation beyond reputeLoviatar has a reputation beyond reputeLoviatar has a reputation beyond reputeLoviatar has a reputation beyond reputeLoviatar has a reputation beyond reputeLoviatar has a reputation beyond reputeLoviatar has a reputation beyond reputeLoviatar has a reputation beyond reputeLoviatar has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShootTheMoonlig View Post
Buy a desktop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farau View Post

***9608;***9608;***9608;***9608;***9608;***9608;***9608;***9608;***9608;***9608;
***9608;***9608;***9608;***9608;***9608;***9608;***9608;***9608;***9608;***9608;

Yeah, that's where I've been.
Loviatar is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-16-2010, 00:51   #5
xPUNISHERx
Trojan

xPUNISHERx has a reputation beyond reputexPUNISHERx has a reputation beyond reputexPUNISHERx has a reputation beyond reputexPUNISHERx has a reputation beyond reputexPUNISHERx has a reputation beyond reputexPUNISHERx has a reputation beyond reputexPUNISHERx has a reputation beyond reputexPUNISHERx has a reputation beyond reputexPUNISHERx has a reputation beyond reputexPUNISHERx has a reputation beyond reputexPUNISHERx has a reputation beyond repute
I have a mac desktop and I would like to buy a laptop windows xp. Would it be better buying a laptop with 1GB of ram and putting more ram in it or just buy a 2GB or 3GB computer? I like the 1GB and put more ram in it because its cheaper that way
Old 11-16-2010, 05:50   #6
Jaxx.
qq

Jaxx. has a reputation beyond reputeJaxx. has a reputation beyond reputeJaxx. has a reputation beyond reputeJaxx. has a reputation beyond reputeJaxx. has a reputation beyond reputeJaxx. has a reputation beyond reputeJaxx. has a reputation beyond reputeJaxx. has a reputation beyond reputeJaxx. has a reputation beyond reputeJaxx. has a reputation beyond reputeJaxx. has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
I am thinking of getting a new laptop and I would like to know what kind of laptop is good. What is a decent laptop that will last long and doesn't heat up
Give us a price range...
Jaxx. is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-16-2010, 06:41   #7
Erikuasu
Banned

Erikuasu has a reputation beyond reputeErikuasu has a reputation beyond reputeErikuasu has a reputation beyond reputeErikuasu has a reputation beyond reputeErikuasu has a reputation beyond reputeErikuasu has a reputation beyond reputeErikuasu has a reputation beyond reputeErikuasu has a reputation beyond reputeErikuasu has a reputation beyond reputeErikuasu has a reputation beyond reputeErikuasu has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
The thing about laptops is they will almost never run cool, they always heat up if you leave them on for long periods of time, or doing things that makes the computer work. The fan doesnt push enough heat out, and the heat will build up. Unless you make a water cooled one its always gonna run hot or warm. To sum it up its a small area that build up lots of heat, so its almost impossible for it to be cool.

Well you could get one that runs cool, but that would throw out the quality, youd need to find one from 1990.
Erikuasu is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-16-2010, 07:04   #8
Jaxx.
qq

Jaxx. has a reputation beyond reputeJaxx. has a reputation beyond reputeJaxx. has a reputation beyond reputeJaxx. has a reputation beyond reputeJaxx. has a reputation beyond reputeJaxx. has a reputation beyond reputeJaxx. has a reputation beyond reputeJaxx. has a reputation beyond reputeJaxx. has a reputation beyond reputeJaxx. has a reputation beyond reputeJaxx. has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erikuasu View Post
The thing about laptops is they will almost never run cool, they always heat up if you leave them on for long periods of time, or doing things that makes the computer work. The fan doesnt push enough heat out, and the heat will build up. Unless you make a water cooled one its always gonna run hot or warm. To sum it up its a small area that build up lots of heat, so its almost impossible for it to be cool.

Well you could get one that runs cool, but that would throw out the quality, youd need to find one from 1990.
My laptop has an i3 and the fan is constantly on to cool it down. That or I think my fan is busted because I have by far the nosiest laptop ever. It sounds like the wind when you're in a forest, constantly howling.

Couldnt find any way of turning the fan down
Old 11-16-2010, 07:11   #9
Erikuasu
Banned

Erikuasu has a reputation beyond reputeErikuasu has a reputation beyond reputeErikuasu has a reputation beyond reputeErikuasu has a reputation beyond reputeErikuasu has a reputation beyond reputeErikuasu has a reputation beyond reputeErikuasu has a reputation beyond reputeErikuasu has a reputation beyond reputeErikuasu has a reputation beyond reputeErikuasu has a reputation beyond reputeErikuasu has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxx. View Post
My laptop has an i3 and the fan is constantly on to cool it down. That or I think my fan is busted because I have by far the nosiest laptop ever. It sounds like the wind when you're in a forest, constantly howling.

Couldnt find any way of turning the fan down
That just means its working like its supposed to lol. You turn it down then that means the heat will turn up. **** you should hear my pc, sounds like a vacuum cleaner lol, got it set to spin at 6000 rpms all the time. I can turn it down from my computers case.

Now for a way off topic discussion, did you know Tenacious D is singing with Dethklok haha bad ass. Jack Black and Kyle Gass are the nurses and doctor in the song Way to Be Saved. Theres some others as well, I found that interesting.
Old 11-16-2010, 10:03   #10
Detergent

Detergent has a reputation beyond reputeDetergent has a reputation beyond reputeDetergent has a reputation beyond reputeDetergent has a reputation beyond reputeDetergent has a reputation beyond reputeDetergent has a reputation beyond reputeDetergent has a reputation beyond reputeDetergent has a reputation beyond reputeDetergent has a reputation beyond reputeDetergent has a reputation beyond reputeDetergent has a reputation beyond repute
Mac laptops > Windows laptops
Windows desktops > Mac desktops

Shoulda flipped that ****
Old 11-16-2010, 10:35   #11
Jaxx.
qq

Quote:
That just means its working like its supposed to lol. You turn it down then that means the heat will turn up. **** you should hear my pc, sounds like a vacuum cleaner lol, got it set to spin at 6000 rpms all the time. I can turn it down from my computers case.

Now for a way off topic discussion, did you know Tenacious D is singing with Dethklok haha bad ass. Jack Black and Kyle Gass are the nurses and doctor in the song Way to Be Saved. Theres some others as well, I found that interesting.
I understand that the fan needs to be on to cool down my cpu which is a quad core and understandably produces alot of heat but its ridiculous loud...I know others who have a quieter laptops then me when they have i5's and stuff.

I have to plug in headphones just to block out the sound of the fans. Either my laptop runs really hot and needs the fans on FULL blast all the time or my fan is ****ed..

You got a link to that source of dethklok and jack black etc. ?
Old 11-16-2010, 10:41   #12
Epinephrine
Banned

Epinephrine has a reputation beyond reputeEpinephrine has a reputation beyond reputeEpinephrine has a reputation beyond reputeEpinephrine has a reputation beyond reputeEpinephrine has a reputation beyond reputeEpinephrine has a reputation beyond reputeEpinephrine has a reputation beyond reputeEpinephrine has a reputation beyond reputeEpinephrine has a reputation beyond reputeEpinephrine has a reputation beyond reputeEpinephrine has a reputation beyond repute
lol'd @ requesting a 'good' laptop.
Laptops are only good for easy tasks like connecting to the internet and maybe watch a low-quality movie on there, get a real desktop instead of that ****ty mac of yours.
Epinephrine is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-16-2010, 13:44   #13
Erikuasu
Banned

Quote:
I understand that the fan needs to be on to cool down my cpu which is a quad core and understandably produces alot of heat but its ridiculous loud...I know others who have a quieter laptops then me when they have i5's and stuff.

I have to plug in headphones just to block out the sound of the fans. Either my laptop runs really hot and needs the fans on FULL blast all the time or my fan is ****ed..

You got a link to that source of dethklok and jack black etc. ?
Mine helps me sleep.

Well I aint got an official link on it and its not in the credits, but im almost positive thats him, just have to wait and see.
Old 11-16-2010, 15:14   #14
Jaxx.
qq

Quote:
Jack Black and Kyle Gass are the nurses and doctor in the song Way to Be Saved. Theres some others as well, I found that interesting.
Quote:

Well I aint got an official link on it and its not in the credits, but im almost positive thats him, just have to wait and see.
Im little confused.

Is Way to be Saved a song by Tenacious D and Small features in it or something.
Old 11-16-2010, 16:51   #15
xPUNISHERx
Trojan

Quote:
Give us a price range...
$300-$400 price range

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: