Old 12-28-2011, 15:21   #31
Promethean

Promethean has a reputation beyond reputePromethean has a reputation beyond reputePromethean has a reputation beyond reputePromethean has a reputation beyond reputePromethean has a reputation beyond reputePromethean has a reputation beyond reputePromethean has a reputation beyond reputePromethean has a reputation beyond reputePromethean has a reputation beyond reputePromethean has a reputation beyond reputePromethean has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by thehempknight View Post
The thoughts on this are about getting rid of unused space, in order to add new content and keep people together, rather than have them spread out all over the place. Their idea is, if no one goes there, what's the point in it still being around?

Discuss.
Strongly agree with Norg above. The rationale given is complete crap. TQ should be honest with its player base, everyone is aware that the areas listed are areas where the majority of the bots are present.

We're getting a pirate map anyway...

Can anyone confirm if the chinese version of CO (which we all know releases all new updates to which the English version slavishly follows) is afflicted with the same bots in the same areas?
Old 12-28-2011, 19:09   #32
ykcam

ykcam has a reputation beyond reputeykcam has a reputation beyond reputeykcam has a reputation beyond reputeykcam has a reputation beyond reputeykcam has a reputation beyond reputeykcam has a reputation beyond reputeykcam has a reputation beyond reputeykcam has a reputation beyond reputeykcam has a reputation beyond reputeykcam has a reputation beyond reputeykcam has a reputation beyond repute
How about not removing those unused maps at all but rather reduced the monsters and extend their spawning time or, add more damage and defense on these monsters so that botters will have a hard time killing them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilxjoanna View Post
I wonder when will marky learn shut to h*** up for once, now that will make a difference.

"God writes a lot of comedy...
The trouble is,He's stuck with so many bad actors who doesn't know how to play funny.
"
Garrison Keillor
ykcam is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 12-28-2011, 23:50   #33
Norg~
Banned

Norg~ has a reputation beyond reputeNorg~ has a reputation beyond reputeNorg~ has a reputation beyond reputeNorg~ has a reputation beyond reputeNorg~ has a reputation beyond reputeNorg~ has a reputation beyond reputeNorg~ has a reputation beyond reputeNorg~ has a reputation beyond reputeNorg~ has a reputation beyond reputeNorg~ has a reputation beyond reputeNorg~ has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by ykcam View Post
How about not removing those unused maps at all but rather reduced the monsters and extend their spawning time or, add more damage and defense on these monsters so that botters will have a hard time killing them.
IT wouldnt help, the bots kill mosters faster then you can blink, so more def, or hp or anything else would not help it. If you delay the spawning time or the amount of mobs, again it wouldnt change a thing, since botters just gonna widen their range of noob bots jumping in the map.
Norg~ is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 12-29-2011, 01:26   #34
Maisia

Maisia is on a distinguished road
Well I want to know about the mines.... I mine all the time (not on a bot) just getting moons and vio's from hunting or lvling isnt going to keep me in mets or anyone else..... Met scroll prices are going to go way up. I dont think TQ even thinks about players only their wallets
Old 12-29-2011, 05:34   #35
Harm0ny

Harm0ny has a reputation beyond reputeHarm0ny has a reputation beyond reputeHarm0ny has a reputation beyond reputeHarm0ny has a reputation beyond reputeHarm0ny has a reputation beyond reputeHarm0ny has a reputation beyond reputeHarm0ny has a reputation beyond reputeHarm0ny has a reputation beyond reputeHarm0ny has a reputation beyond reputeHarm0ny has a reputation beyond reputeHarm0ny has a reputation beyond repute
They should remove the maps and create new one wich contains new quests.
Harm0ny is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 12-29-2011, 06:47   #36
Shikona

Shikona has a reputation beyond reputeShikona has a reputation beyond reputeShikona has a reputation beyond reputeShikona has a reputation beyond reputeShikona has a reputation beyond reputeShikona has a reputation beyond reputeShikona has a reputation beyond reputeShikona has a reputation beyond reputeShikona has a reputation beyond reputeShikona has a reputation beyond reputeShikona has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathclaw View Post
Ah yea i forgot about the access files.

However those "puzzle" files are the tiles used by every dc/ac/whatever like map and cannot be removed, unless they decide to remove cities and every map that belongs to them. They are the main chunk.

Everything else is more or less meaningless and can be classified as "code" sizewise.

The only juicy parts are the access files dmaps, which are still just few MBs.
No, I meant the .pul files. They link together the .dds files to make up the map.
Shikona is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 12-29-2011, 07:10   #37
WhySoSerious

WhySoSerious has a reputation beyond reputeWhySoSerious has a reputation beyond reputeWhySoSerious has a reputation beyond reputeWhySoSerious has a reputation beyond reputeWhySoSerious has a reputation beyond reputeWhySoSerious has a reputation beyond reputeWhySoSerious has a reputation beyond reputeWhySoSerious has a reputation beyond reputeWhySoSerious has a reputation beyond reputeWhySoSerious has a reputation beyond reputeWhySoSerious has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by thehempknight View Post
The thoughts on this are about getting rid of unused space, in order to add new content and keep people together, rather than have them spread out all over the place. Their idea is, if no one goes there, what's the point in it still being around?

Discuss.
Yeah. Keep people together so that we have to kill each others to find some health wine. When someone get angry after killed by others, they buy db to get stronger because there is no place for them to earn money in game. That's the intention.

Solve the bots problem and make those maps more useful is better than remove them. Perfect World has a huge map that I can fly for hours and doing quest separate from enemies. Their monsters are strong. So people have to team up to do the quest together and the reward is nice. (Weaker monsters, less reward) I think it is a better way to keep people together.

We have friend, guild, team and world chat + broadcast. We don't need TQ to remove maps to "keep people together".

But the highest priority now should be get rid of the bot problem!
How do you expect players to play with 2000-3000 ping? Today our server hits 40,000 ping once.

Discuss bot problem now?
WhySoSerious is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 12-29-2011, 09:22   #38
Gorax
Mutant Ninja

Gorax has a reputation beyond reputeGorax has a reputation beyond reputeGorax has a reputation beyond reputeGorax has a reputation beyond reputeGorax has a reputation beyond reputeGorax has a reputation beyond reputeGorax has a reputation beyond reputeGorax has a reputation beyond reputeGorax has a reputation beyond reputeGorax has a reputation beyond reputeGorax has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via ICQ to Gorax Send a message via AIM to Gorax Send a message via Yahoo to Gorax
The first thing I thought upon seeing the survey was "oh gee, another attempt at getting rid of bots" only...would it get rid of bots? They'll probably just crowd the main maps once the "new" maps are gone. I kind of prefer having the bots on the new maps, because there's less people there and therefore less chances of me being PKed while redname while I kill a bunch of bots ;P

The thought of new maps is nice, but I'm worried that it'll just be more of the same. I bet it'll offer no exp whatsoever for people who are lvl 138 or 139, which makes it kind of hard for me to give a sht about new maps.

The new BI map and Desert adventure maps with absolutely nothing on them should probably go, though. I just hope TQ gives us an advanced notice if they decide to delete the Stone City WH.
Captain_Planet: lvl 130 Water > 133 Warr > 138 Arch
Guild: Not^Very^Nice

Both on Dream server.
Gorax is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 12-29-2011, 11:07   #39
TheSeeeker
Banned

TheSeeeker has a reputation beyond reputeTheSeeeker has a reputation beyond reputeTheSeeeker has a reputation beyond reputeTheSeeeker has a reputation beyond reputeTheSeeeker has a reputation beyond reputeTheSeeeker has a reputation beyond reputeTheSeeeker has a reputation beyond reputeTheSeeeker has a reputation beyond reputeTheSeeeker has a reputation beyond reputeTheSeeeker has a reputation beyond reputeTheSeeeker has a reputation beyond repute
Its plainly obvious TQ wants to get rid of the "unused" maps cause they have no other way of dealing with the bots. Hempknight as usual being TQ's stooge makes the claim its to "bring people together" ...so tell me Hemp if the maps are unused and no one goes to them how is deleting a map that no one uses going to bring people together?? LOL ! Modify your company line to say " We wish to get rid of the unused map to bring botters and people together"....then for once we would be getting the truth out of TQ. TQ can't/won't stop the bots , and having them on the alt maps makes it too far out of way for most players to take the time to go and kill them themselves thus keeping the lag going on servers. So put em together and have normal lvling people kill them ...again people doing TQ's work for them. I'm all down for that actually . I've made a ton off of killing and looting bots , how about making PK amulets available in shopping mall for 1 cp bound/unbound too while you are at it.
TheSeeeker is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 12-29-2011, 18:34   #40
nintendo_guy

nintendo_guy has a reputation beyond reputenintendo_guy has a reputation beyond reputenintendo_guy has a reputation beyond reputenintendo_guy has a reputation beyond reputenintendo_guy has a reputation beyond reputenintendo_guy has a reputation beyond reputenintendo_guy has a reputation beyond reputenintendo_guy has a reputation beyond reputenintendo_guy has a reputation beyond reputenintendo_guy has a reputation beyond reputenintendo_guy has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSeeeker View Post
Its plainly obvious TQ wants to get rid of the "unused" maps cause they have no other way of dealing with the bots. Hempknight as usual being TQ's stooge makes the claim its to "bring people together" ...so tell me Hemp if the maps are unused and no one goes to them how is deleting a map that no one uses going to bring people together?? LOL ! Modify your company line to say " We wish to get rid of the unused map to bring botters and people together"....then for once we would be getting the truth out of TQ. TQ can't/won't stop the bots , and having them on the alt maps makes it too far out of way for most players to take the time to go and kill them themselves thus keeping the lag going on servers. So put em together and have normal lvling people kill them ...again people doing TQ's work for them. I'm all down for that actually . I've made a ton off of killing and looting bots , how about making PK amulets available in shopping mall for 1 cp bound/unbound too while you are at it.
The way it is now they are out of the way cannot easily ks players. If the maps were to be removed bots would invade the main maps and KS everyone nonstop. Besides theres achievements based on those maps so removing them would make them unobtainable just like the DragonBall for VP achievement.
Originally Posted by ananta...~v.4 View Post
So basically, what you are saying is, that if someone at the low ranks of corporation really wants something, he can force the big bosses make them?

Oh lol, you really need a wake up call to the real world.
nintendo_guy is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 12-29-2011, 23:46   #41
TheSeeeker
Banned

TheSeeeker has a reputation beyond reputeTheSeeeker has a reputation beyond reputeTheSeeeker has a reputation beyond reputeTheSeeeker has a reputation beyond reputeTheSeeeker has a reputation beyond reputeTheSeeeker has a reputation beyond reputeTheSeeeker has a reputation beyond reputeTheSeeeker has a reputation beyond reputeTheSeeeker has a reputation beyond reputeTheSeeeker has a reputation beyond reputeTheSeeeker has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by nintendo_guy View Post
The way it is now they are out of the way cannot easily ks players. If the maps were to be removed bots would invade the main maps and KS everyone nonstop. Besides theres achievements based on those maps so removing them would make them unobtainable just like the DragonBall for VP achievement.
I guess I must be the only person who doesn't give a flying rip about the achievements.
TheSeeeker is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 12-30-2011, 01:01   #42
Norg~
Banned

Norg~ has a reputation beyond reputeNorg~ has a reputation beyond reputeNorg~ has a reputation beyond reputeNorg~ has a reputation beyond reputeNorg~ has a reputation beyond reputeNorg~ has a reputation beyond reputeNorg~ has a reputation beyond reputeNorg~ has a reputation beyond reputeNorg~ has a reputation beyond reputeNorg~ has a reputation beyond reputeNorg~ has a reputation beyond repute
The A-system is just another feature to keep players in game. Basicly it wont get you anything, and if they do release something, is not gonna be worth it.
Deleting the maps wont do a thing, like very1 has been saying. TQ has implemented anti bot system in other games, i dont get why they dont try those here, where is such infestation of bots, we cant even play, pvp let alone do anything without a ping of 3k+ every minute.

Honestly, would a poll regarding TQ to stop new releases and go ahead and work on bots even work?!!!!!
Norg~ is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 12-30-2011, 08:45   #43
Gorax
Mutant Ninja

Gorax has a reputation beyond reputeGorax has a reputation beyond reputeGorax has a reputation beyond reputeGorax has a reputation beyond reputeGorax has a reputation beyond reputeGorax has a reputation beyond reputeGorax has a reputation beyond reputeGorax has a reputation beyond reputeGorax has a reputation beyond reputeGorax has a reputation beyond reputeGorax has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via ICQ to Gorax Send a message via AIM to Gorax Send a message via Yahoo to Gorax
So this morning I was like "allright, it's about time I start making noob chars for mentor exp" and I made a little noobie Monk. I think. I'm not sure he created properly, because I can't log him in. "The server is busy" ...are the bots bad to the point where non-VIP players can't even login?

I never have login issues on my VIPs, but if it takes 10+ attempts for non-VIP players to log in then there's a serious fcuking problem.

...there's no botting issues on TQ's other games? SERIOUSLY?
Captain_Planet: lvl 130 Water > 133 Warr > 138 Arch
Guild: Not^Very^Nice

Both on Dream server.
Gorax is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 12-30-2011, 09:54   #44
chaosknightray
Hell Dude

chaosknightray has a reputation beyond reputechaosknightray has a reputation beyond reputechaosknightray has a reputation beyond reputechaosknightray has a reputation beyond reputechaosknightray has a reputation beyond reputechaosknightray has a reputation beyond reputechaosknightray has a reputation beyond reputechaosknightray has a reputation beyond reputechaosknightray has a reputation beyond reputechaosknightray has a reputation beyond reputechaosknightray has a reputation beyond repute
I doubt TQ will do anything about Botters. Its they're way of making money. Let the Botters roam free. "Claim" to have done something about it. Botjail innocent players. Profit.

Captain of the OT Ninja Squad

Pluto/Jupiter
Tenma 130-130-130 Nin-Nin-Nin
Steward, Supervisor or Manager of Quarantine.
Was The Axe/Sword Ninja and Trojan
Owner of The +5 SDG SDG Super Axe With Permed P1 Hammer
chaosknightray is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 12-30-2011, 10:03   #45
Doc.ackerson
Community's Choice

Doc.ackerson has a reputation beyond reputeDoc.ackerson has a reputation beyond reputeDoc.ackerson has a reputation beyond reputeDoc.ackerson has a reputation beyond reputeDoc.ackerson has a reputation beyond reputeDoc.ackerson has a reputation beyond reputeDoc.ackerson has a reputation beyond reputeDoc.ackerson has a reputation beyond reputeDoc.ackerson has a reputation beyond reputeDoc.ackerson has a reputation beyond reputeDoc.ackerson has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaosknightray View Post
I doubt TQ will do anything about Botters. Its they're way of making money. Let the Botters roam free. "Claim" to have done something about it. Botjail innocent players. Profit.
sounds right
Doc.ackerson is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: