Old 11-05-2011, 08:13   #31
PatternistSlave

PatternistSlave has a reputation beyond reputePatternistSlave has a reputation beyond reputePatternistSlave has a reputation beyond reputePatternistSlave has a reputation beyond reputePatternistSlave has a reputation beyond reputePatternistSlave has a reputation beyond reputePatternistSlave has a reputation beyond reputePatternistSlave has a reputation beyond reputePatternistSlave has a reputation beyond reputePatternistSlave has a reputation beyond reputePatternistSlave has a reputation beyond repute
Well. It's a game. It costs the foolish and/or impulsive cps doing foolish and/or impulsive crap? Aw. Isn't that sad. I for one don't want my hand held through the entire game, which happens anyway if you read the guide. Brand new players? Doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out you're going to have to kill those monster looking things wandering around. They even took out the first little town area because a few mental giants had trouble talking to an NPC. ^^

By the time you have to worry about some of the more "complicated"/costly elements of character customization it's assumed you've been playing long enough to at least have a vague sense of what's going on and/or a friend that does.

I know alot of you youngsters might be used to rpgs that pretty much just involve walking forward and pressing A occasionally waiting for the next cutscene, but this is a classic style rpg (at least that's what it said on the site that led me to it). I don't see having to put a little thought into what you are doing as a bad thing.
PatternistSlave is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-05-2011, 08:50   #32
DETONATOAREA
Female

DETONATOAREA has a reputation beyond reputeDETONATOAREA has a reputation beyond reputeDETONATOAREA has a reputation beyond reputeDETONATOAREA has a reputation beyond reputeDETONATOAREA has a reputation beyond reputeDETONATOAREA has a reputation beyond reputeDETONATOAREA has a reputation beyond reputeDETONATOAREA has a reputation beyond reputeDETONATOAREA has a reputation beyond reputeDETONATOAREA has a reputation beyond reputeDETONATOAREA has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatternistSlave View Post
Well. It's a game. It costs the foolish and/or impulsive cps doing foolish and/or impulsive crap? Aw. Isn't that sad. I for one don't want my hand held through the entire game, which happens anyway if you read the guide. Brand new players? Doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out you're going to have to kill those monster looking things wandering around. They even took out the first little town area because a few mental giants had trouble talking to an NPC. ^^

By the time you have to worry about some of the more "complicated"/costly elements of character customization it's assumed you've been playing long enough to at least have a vague sense of what's going on and/or a friend that does.

I know alot of you youngsters might be used to rpgs that pretty much just involve walking forward and pressing A occasionally waiting for the next cutscene, but this is a classic style rpg (at least that's what it said on the site that led me to it). I don't see having to put a little thought into what you are doing as a bad thing.
I see it as the easiest game i've ever played.
The complications appear when you face the truth: DBs, they are so freaking rare that when you find one, you think you can do so much with it. Then you go to market and check... You need MORE of them, up to SIX, to make an elite to super. Then you hear about TC... You take your only db and try your luck (sometimes you don't even know it's about luck, like i did when i tried to make an unique 1-sock sword elite back then in 2007) and you fail. It makes you want to go FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU at Artisan Wind (someone had the funniest rant on this forum long ago here).

Or you hear about these tournaments and enter, thinking that you, the newbie who got some gear that you expect to be decent (such as full +5 super sock), have a chance. Only to get proven wrong when a full +12 char just jumps in and hercs everybody to death and wins. LOL.
Sapphire/Emerald: Silver-Hawk arch-war-arch 130-130-132 (INACTIVE)
Arkoto tro-war-nin 130-130-128 (INACTIVE)
Thanks to Loviatar for the dragon avatar.
My novel on deviant art:
Alien Ride
DETONATOAREA is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-05-2011, 09:21   #33
PatternistSlave

PatternistSlave has a reputation beyond reputePatternistSlave has a reputation beyond reputePatternistSlave has a reputation beyond reputePatternistSlave has a reputation beyond reputePatternistSlave has a reputation beyond reputePatternistSlave has a reputation beyond reputePatternistSlave has a reputation beyond reputePatternistSlave has a reputation beyond reputePatternistSlave has a reputation beyond reputePatternistSlave has a reputation beyond reputePatternistSlave has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by DETONATOAREA View Post
The complications appear when you face the truth: DBs, they are so freaking rare that when you find one, you think you can do so much with it. Then you go to market and check... You need MORE of them, up to SIX, to make an elite to super. Then you hear about TC... You take your only db and try your luck (sometimes you don't even know it's about luck, like i did when i tried to make an unique 1-sock sword elite back then in 2007) and you fail. It makes you want to go FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU at Artisan Wind (someone had the funniest rant on this forum long ago here).

Or you hear about these tournaments and enter, thinking that you, the newbie who got some gear that you expect to be decent (such as full +5 super sock), have a chance. Only to get proven wrong when a full +12 char just jumps in and hercs everybody to death and wins. LOL.
You'll have to excuse me. I come from a game I played for over 3 years. Did everything right. Saved every penny. Bought/sold constantly. I would attack the top players anytime I needed an easy way to die. I would feel special if I hit them at all. ^^ A person spends 100 grand on a game they expect to win. I expect them to win. They wouldn't spend 100 grand if they didn't win. Same token they wouldn't spend 100 grand if they didn't have me to feel superior to. To quote a great man/woman. "My mediocrity let's the skill of others shine." ^^ The game exists because they spent that 100 grand not because I go around sucking. People that spend upwards of 10 grand on a game will likely win. The sky is blue. The sun shines. I really hate how the sky sits there. Being all blue. Above me. Like it's better than me. =(
Old 11-05-2011, 09:32   #34
DETONATOAREA
Female

DETONATOAREA has a reputation beyond reputeDETONATOAREA has a reputation beyond reputeDETONATOAREA has a reputation beyond reputeDETONATOAREA has a reputation beyond reputeDETONATOAREA has a reputation beyond reputeDETONATOAREA has a reputation beyond reputeDETONATOAREA has a reputation beyond reputeDETONATOAREA has a reputation beyond reputeDETONATOAREA has a reputation beyond reputeDETONATOAREA has a reputation beyond reputeDETONATOAREA has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
You'll have to excuse me. I come from a game I played for over 3 years. Did everything right. Saved every penny. Bought/sold constantly. I would attack the top players anytime I needed an easy way to die. I would feel special if I hit them at all. ^^ A person spends 100 grand on a game they expect to win. I expect them to win. They wouldn't spend 100 grand if they didn't win. Same token they wouldn't spend 100 grand if they didn't have me to feel superior to. To quote a great man/woman. "My mediocrity let's the skill of others shine." ^^ The game exists because they spent that 100 grand not because I go around sucking. People that spend upwards of 10 grand on a game will likely win. The sky is blue. The sun shines. I really hate how the sky sits there. Being all blue. Above me. Like it's better than me. =(
Some didn't even know there is such thing as spending money on the game, i'm talking about the total noob.
I never cared about the top people, i didn't even bother attacking them, but if they invited me to a fight in arena or GW area, i would accept just to improve my dodging abilities. Some even geared down to have some fun if we fought.

But the total noob would go to the competition not even knowing about those people and then get welcomed to the true game.
Others spend money on bots and get there, while the game doesn't exist due to them, but the game crashes due to them combined with TQ's neglect of the problems of the game.
My novel on deviant art:
Alien Ride
Old 11-05-2011, 09:44   #35
Doc.ackerson
Community's Choice

Doc.ackerson has a reputation beyond reputeDoc.ackerson has a reputation beyond reputeDoc.ackerson has a reputation beyond reputeDoc.ackerson has a reputation beyond reputeDoc.ackerson has a reputation beyond reputeDoc.ackerson has a reputation beyond reputeDoc.ackerson has a reputation beyond reputeDoc.ackerson has a reputation beyond reputeDoc.ackerson has a reputation beyond reputeDoc.ackerson has a reputation beyond reputeDoc.ackerson has a reputation beyond repute
TQ has directed gameplay changes to facets that enhance db sales.

They made game non existent at low levels to get players to levels where db buying is neccessary to advance in this current game.

Other than spending real money, then trial and error, game is complicated.. or non-existant for many.

Finding an enjoyable and appropriate part of game is not easy.
Doc.ackerson is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-05-2011, 09:56   #36
DETONATOAREA
Female

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc.ackerson View Post

They made game non existent at low levels to get players to levels where db buying is neccessary to advance in this current game.

Other than spending real money, then trial and error, game is complicated.. or non-existant for many.

My two enjoyable parts have been wiped out.
Marketing and mining.
It was what i mainly did. But then TQ decided a met shower would be good. This caused people to buy even less met scrolls / the met scroll price to drop.
Mining barely results in anything useful and now there are limits too.
My novel on deviant art:
Alien Ride
Old 11-05-2011, 10:35   #37
PatternistSlave

Quote:
Some didn't even know there is such thing as spending money on the game, i'm talking about the total noob.
I never cared about the top people, i didn't even bother attacking them, but if they invited me to a fight in arena or GW area, i would accept just to improve my dodging abilities. Some even geared down to have some fun if we fought.

But the total noob would go to the competition not even knowing about those people and then get welcomed to the true game.
Others spend money on bots and get there, while the game doesn't exist due to them, but the game crashes due to them combined with TQ's neglect of the problems of the game.
And the noob would get an exp ball and some bulker would have someone to murder. Win win.

Yes cheaters are a problem for new players. I think the upped penalties have helped alot for established players, but yeah. I would like to do a moonbox on the new server and not trip over 100 noob speedhackers or fill a jar without being killstole by some idiot aimbotting ninja. Work on that TQ. Who I really feel sorry for are the parents of these noob botters though. Could you imagine having your firewall bypassed and bank account stripped because your idiot kid decided grinding on a game got boring?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc.ackerson View Post

You mean they want to make money? Weird.

It's grindhappy not being a bulker. Not "complicated".
Old 11-05-2011, 10:52   #38
DETONATOAREA
Female

Quote:
And the noob would get an exp ball and some bulker would have someone to murder. Win win.

Yes cheaters are a problem for new players. I think the upped penalties have helped alot for established players, but yeah. I would like to do a moonbox on the new server and not trip over 100 noob speedhackers or fill a jar without being killstole by some idiot aimbotting ninja. Work on that TQ. Who I really feel sorry for are the parents of these noob botters though. Could you imagine having your firewall bypassed and bank account stripped because your idiot kid decided grinding on a game got boring?

Well, there are some who play with the target as becoming one of the best and others (like me) who play/played just for the heck of it. The former will do all that it takes to reach the top, even to go so far as to bot it up and if they STILL fail, they resort to aimbot or speed (oddly, i have seen speeding less than aimbot in arena), which ruins the whole point of playing the game if the machine wins it for you. They pay way less, support the game with nothing and in fact destroy it, and then make money in real life. Few botters will return part of their earned cash to the game, but not like TQ will use it wisely and hire a Nazi army that would patrol the servers and put the botters where they belong.

The bot makers have said that they do not collect that data, now idk how much of this is true anyway. But the pro botters don't even bot on a computer where their important stuff is stored.
My novel on deviant art:
Alien Ride
Old 11-05-2011, 11:01   #39
Doc.ackerson
Community's Choice

Doc.ackerson has a reputation beyond reputeDoc.ackerson has a reputation beyond reputeDoc.ackerson has a reputation beyond reputeDoc.ackerson has a reputation beyond reputeDoc.ackerson has a reputation beyond reputeDoc.ackerson has a reputation beyond reputeDoc.ackerson has a reputation beyond reputeDoc.ackerson has a reputation beyond reputeDoc.ackerson has a reputation beyond reputeDoc.ackerson has a reputation beyond reputeDoc.ackerson has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
' ..edit...

You mean they want to make money? Weird. <--I mean what I said.

Too many items, too many variables.

It's grindhappy not being a bulker (except botters) . Not "complicated".
Not "complicated" ? For many it is. Ty for your analysis. Many who have played years think differently.

"Kill an enemy or monster" is simple...how to do so often is not. Here it is not.
Doc.ackerson is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-05-2011, 11:27   #40
tetsujin

tetsujin has a reputation beyond reputetetsujin has a reputation beyond reputetetsujin has a reputation beyond reputetetsujin has a reputation beyond reputetetsujin has a reputation beyond reputetetsujin has a reputation beyond reputetetsujin has a reputation beyond reputetetsujin has a reputation beyond reputetetsujin has a reputation beyond reputetetsujin has a reputation beyond reputetetsujin has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:

But the way they've changed things makes grinding be absolutely ridiculous. Removal of the 110 promo DB, flooding the market with money making items (mets and moonboxes), lowering and putting restrictions on mining rates, etc. makes it nearly impossible to become the best without botting or buying. That's not what makes a good game.
Old 11-05-2011, 11:53   #41
DETONATOAREA
Female

Quote:
Originally Posted by tetsujin View Post
But the way they've changed things makes grinding be absolutely ridiculous. Removal of the 110 promo DB, flooding the market with money making items (mets and moonboxes), lowering and putting restrictions on mining rates, etc. makes it nearly impossible to become the best without botting or buying. That's not what makes a good game.
Not to mention that being 140 means nothing if you don't have good talismans. It used to mean something to be 130 back in 2007.
Heck, a good geared fire tao would deal 400s max on my archer with tornado. And my archer was lvl 120 or so. Now my archer would probably be killed in 2-3 nados from a high geared fire tao.

Before, buying dbs meant that you could level faster than anyone and maybe get good geared, but you still had the risk of losing to a lower geared player who had skill.
Today, buying dbs means that you can: level faster, get priority in logging in, have access to your warehouses from the distance, abuse the allotting bug way easier (why is it even there anyway? It should have been that you cannot wear something above lvl 70 as a reborn if you didn't have the attributes, but now players can flood it all into vitality and then repair gear at the end...), sometimes may mean that if you cheat you can also pay for it easy too. And it also means that you can just zap someone and kill them easy. Back in the days, even if you had max gear, zapping someone would only be useful to stun them and that's it. You still had to do some work to kill them yourself and avoid their attacks.
My novel on deviant art:
Alien Ride
Old 11-05-2011, 20:06   #42
tetsujin

tetsujin has a reputation beyond reputetetsujin has a reputation beyond reputetetsujin has a reputation beyond reputetetsujin has a reputation beyond reputetetsujin has a reputation beyond reputetetsujin has a reputation beyond reputetetsujin has a reputation beyond reputetetsujin has a reputation beyond reputetetsujin has a reputation beyond reputetetsujin has a reputation beyond reputetetsujin has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Not to mention that being 140 means nothing if you don't have good talismans. It used to mean something to be 130 back in 2007.
Heck, a good geared fire tao would deal 400s max on my archer with tornado. And my archer was lvl 120 or so. Now my archer would probably be killed in 2-3 nados from a high geared fire tao.

Before, buying dbs meant that you could level faster than anyone and maybe get good geared, but you still had the risk of losing to a lower geared player who had skill.
Today, buying dbs means that you can: level faster, get priority in logging in, have access to your warehouses from the distance, abuse the allotting bug way easier (why is it even there anyway? It should have been that you cannot wear something above lvl 70 as a reborn if you didn't have the attributes, but now players can flood it all into vitality and then repair gear at the end...), sometimes may mean that if you cheat you can also pay for it easy too. And it also means that you can just zap someone and kill them easy. Back in the days, even if you had max gear, zapping someone would only be useful to stun them and that's it. You still had to do some work to kill them yourself and avoid their attacks.
Even being 140 doesn't even give that much more of an advantage over other 130+ people. Generally people who can actually reach that level have bulked gear and don't even need the BP bonus from level.
Old 11-06-2011, 03:46   #43
DETONATOAREA
Female

Quote:
Originally Posted by tetsujin View Post
Even being 140 doesn't even give that much more of an advantage over other 130+ people. Generally people who can actually reach that level have bulked gear and don't even need the BP bonus from level.
That or botted a ton of apprentices and reached 140, then they hunt for gear.
Do you know what i wonder though?
If there are so many botters on CO and people only ever sell good gear, how can the botters be sure that they will be able to get good gear? Do they buy from the shopping mall and make the gear themselves since market can't possibly cover all the botting mains on a server? But then again, how do they make dbs? Drop rates are low even for botters, and all items hunted are worth next to nothing.
My novel on deviant art:
Alien Ride
Old 11-06-2011, 08:27   #44
Gorax
Mutant Ninja

Gorax has a reputation beyond reputeGorax has a reputation beyond reputeGorax has a reputation beyond reputeGorax has a reputation beyond reputeGorax has a reputation beyond reputeGorax has a reputation beyond reputeGorax has a reputation beyond reputeGorax has a reputation beyond reputeGorax has a reputation beyond reputeGorax has a reputation beyond reputeGorax has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via ICQ to Gorax Send a message via AIM to Gorax Send a message via Yahoo to Gorax
Quote:

This rant? http://bbs.co.91.com/showthread.php?t=182863
Captain_Planet: lvl 130 Water > 133 Warr > 138 Arch
Guild: Not^Very^Nice

Both on Dream server.
Gorax is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-06-2011, 08:37   #45
DETONATOAREA
Female

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorax View Post
You deserve +9001 karma for that X))))
My novel on deviant art:
Alien Ride

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: